Welcome to Gaia! ::

Purri Paradise!

Back to Guilds

A fantasy roleplaying guild based on a made up world and creatures. 

Tags: Neko, Fantasy, Roleplay, Sci-Fi, Lifestyle 

Reply Main Role Play Forum
RP Areas For Feline Tribe - 4. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:29 am
Incognita Ninja
((Wee note: Just because Kain said to do something doesn't mean Nabelin has to do it. He just said what he thinks is best at the time. But she can always do something different cat_smile ))

Feline Tribe
Mountain Path

Kain was three quarters of the way back down the mountain trail with Shai, dragging the dead harpie via a rope that was tied around Shai’s chest and to the harpie carcass, and another rope that he was holding, also tethered to the harpie. The dead beast hadn’t been too difficult to find, where Nabelin had moved it off the trail for the sentries to notice and for that he was thankful, because it was going to start to attract other things that fed on carrion. Kain knew that this was the sentries’ job for exactly those reasons (after all they were trained fighters and should have no trouble with wild beasts), but Persia wanted to make an example of him and Nabelin both. Not that he could blame her; she seemed like one of those people whose world fell apart if they lost control.

Shai made soft musical noises and whistles at Kain, nudging him every now and then while they laboured back down the mountain trail together. He was uneasy about something, catching the scent of more harpies on the wind, as well as the scent of Nabelin and Natty. He could sense Natty’s urgency and fear through their link as the females came down the mountain. Without warning, Shai started to toss his head and broke into a light run.

Kain, unprepared for his Zinna’s actions, nearly tripped as he fumbled to grab hold of the zinna’s reins. He pulled back on Shai’s mouth firmly yet gentle enough not to hurt him “Whoa, whoa, what’s the matter? Shai, what is it?” Kain asked, patting his mount’s neck and looking around for any signs of trouble. He heard Nabelin’s calls and turned to see her coming down the trail at full speed astride Natty. That couldn’t be a good sign.

“I’ll go into Paw Paw Valley and warn everyone that they’re coming!” Kain yelled back, thinking on his toes. “You get somewhere safe and hide – Nabel’s house, if you can. You can try to pick a few off from under cover but out in the open, they’ll pick us off like spring lambs! Try to put a barricade at the door”.
While he spoke, his shaking fingers tugged and fretted at the knots of Shai’s makeshift harness until he got it undone, leaving the dead harpie in the middle of the trail as he also dropped his rope. A nest of harpies! The flying tribe must have been breeding them or something, to have so many living in the mountain top in one place.

Grabbing Shai’s reins, he hopped up into the saddle and uttered a short, sharp whistle. “I’ll come back for you and Nabel with the guards” He called with a wave, as Shai took off running full pelt towards the valley and Persia. He was no help on his own, unless you counted being able to patch up harpie wounds. So he’d need the feline tribe’s fighters to help fend off all those harpies.

Unseen by Nabelin or Kain, some of the harpies chasing the she elf had instead broken off from the main flock and flown back up to the sky city, to alert their masters and mistresses of the disturbance to their nesting site.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:37 pm
Meyaira Firespring

Feline Tribe
Mountain Trail - Nabel's House

Nabelin patted her person to see if she could find any weapons on her. "Drat! I don't have anything with me. Natty, go with Shai. That's a good girl." Nabelin crooned to her Zinna and sent her on her way with a swat. Natty raced down the trail, a cloud of dust trailing in her way. Nabelin made it to the house, checked on the patient, grabbed a knife and her archery things. She made it back outside, and she started to try to pick off the harpies. Many times she was wounded on the arms, finding out first hand how sharp their talons were. Where her sleeves used to be, there were now rags, and her arms were scratched up and bleeding, staining the rags a bright red. She made into the house, keeping the door barricaded. Nabelin pressed the rags closer to her wounds, trying to stem the flow of blood.

Nabel slept peacefully, and Nabelin placed a bowl of liquid mixed with medicine next to her pillow, so that when Nabel awoke again, she could get some medication.  

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:53 am
Incognita Ninja

Feline Tribe - Mountain Path

Kain reached the village in record time, thanks to his Zinna’s speedy pace. He immediately went to inform Persia about the harpies coming down the mountain from the peaks and she sent some of her best guards and fighters to accompany him back to the path. They would fight off the giant birdlike creatures and defend the entrance into Paw Paw Valley.

Sitting astride Shai, Kain rode swiftly back to the mountain path where Nabelin had barricaded the door into Nabel’s house. There were harpies everywhere, and boy were they angry! As soon as they spotted the neko fighters and guards, they screeched furiously and began swooping at them and chasing them, raking with their talons and snapping with their beaks. The nekos fought back ferociously, using their claws and weapons with skill and speed, as they had been trained to fight.

As the battle carried on around him, Kain rain to the barricaded door and pounded on it with his fist “Nabel, Nabelin! Are you in there? Are you safe?" he shouted. He was worried about Nabelin, since when he had left she was being chased by the whole lot of harpies.

The nekos continued to fight the screeching foes, crossbow bolts and throwing knives raining through the air, until the harpies began to back off, flying back away to their nests at the mountain peaks. Kain saw one that had been blinded by a throwing knife, and others with bolts and arrows peppering their hides. The feline fighters were skilled, and well trained, used to dealing with the harpies, even lots of them at once. Hopefully once they were chased off, they would leave the feline tribe alone.

Meanwhile, unknown to Kain, the harpies that had broken off from the main group were landing at the floating city that belonged to the flying tribe, bringing news of the cats intruding on the nesting site, and attacking the harpies. Once their message had been passed on, the flying tribe would almost certainly retaliate!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:27 am
Meyaira Firespring

Feline Tribe
Nabel's House

Nabelin had some trouble getting the barricade away from the door, but she managed to do fine. She tried to bite a whimper, but it came anyways when a rough piece of wood fell on her arm. Freeing her arm, she opened the door and swayed a bit, feeling a bit woozy from blood loss. The talon scratches on her arms were sore and crusted over with blood, with bits of cloth sticking to them. She moved aside and let Kain look at Nabel. Stumbling to the kitchen, she sat down on one of the chairs, feeling more than a bit woozy from loss of blood.

Nabel yawned and started to get up as Nabelin wrestled the things away from the door. Seeing the bowl, she took it and drank every drop. Stretching from clawtip to clawtip, she relaxed and shook herself free from the bedding. She got up and went to meet Dr. Kain halfway, but wobbled as she took the steps necessary.

"Whoops! Seems like I'm a bit tipsy. Thanks for the medicine Dr. Kain. I feel a ton better. Will take some herbs for payment? If not, I do have some coin laying around." Nabel giggled and sat down in a chair in the living room.  

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:49 pm
Incognita Ninja

Feline Tribe
Nabel's House

Kain dismounted Shai and waited anxiously, listening to the sounds behind Nabel's door as Nabelin removed the barricade they'd put in place. He left Shai outside while he waited to come in. He heard a whimper from the young elf and shouted to her through the wooden door "Nabelin, are you okay?!" He was worried she got hurt. When she opened the door, he took one look at her and his mouth dropped open. She was injured, and pretty badly by the looks of it. "Nabelin! You-you're hurt! What happened?" He didn't get a chance to look at her gashed arm though, because she walked away from him and sat down in the kitchen. Shai made concerned whistles and croons as he saw Nabelin walk away.

Kain caught a movement out of the corner of his eye. He turned to see Nabel wobbling towards him and his attention was instantly on the furry Siamese girl. "Nabel...please, don't push yourself" he said, concern showing in his expression and tone as he gently placed a hand on either of her arms to try and steady her. "I'm glad that you're feeling better but you still need to take it easy" he stressed gently "And yes, I'll take herbs for payment dear, that's more than enough. I could use them in my medical kit" he replied giving the Siamese a faint smile and watching her sit down in her living room. He wanted to smile at her more brightly but he couldn't when he was so worried about both girls. "That's it, Nabel, just sit there. I'm going to check on Nabelin now and then we need to get you both out of here. It's no longer safe. There are harpies everywhere"

He walked into the kitchen and knelt beside Nabelin, cupping her chin in both hands and gently turning her face to look into her eyes. "Nabelin, Nabelin, look at me. Tell me what happened' he insisted, worrying. "You seem dizzy, maybe you should lie down. I'll patch up your arm and then you can ride on Shai's back to the village"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:28 pm
Meyaira Firespring

Feline Tribe
Nabel's House

"Alright Dr Kain." Nabel heard the concern in his voice and so changed directions so she could sit down on a couch. Looking towards the kitchen, she noticed Nabelin and how badly she was scratched up. Funny, she wasn't so scratched up before she took her nap. Did this have to do with the Flying Tribe symbol that she found? And if so, why did Nabelin look so scratched up? Nabel furrowed her eyebrow, but thinking too much about it made her head start to throb with pain. She laid her head on the back of the couch, her eyes staring at the ceiling. Her paw twitched on her lap, and so she started to draw another pattern on her leg with one dulled claw.

Nabelin found it hard to focus on Kain's face, but she narrowed her eyes so he could stay somewhat still. "I needed my weapons, I wouldn't have been able to fight them regardless.Some of them got in a few hits, as you can tell. I don't want to make a fuss over them, just scratches really. I also barricaded the door, just in case the harpies tried to break in and when you came back, I had to move it. Some wood fell on my arm, but I was able to move it off." She tried to give him a reassuring smile, but it came out watered down. "My arms, I can't seem to move my arms very well without them screaming in some sort of pain." She tried to bring her hands up so she could take Kain's hands off her face, but the pain from the wounds made her drop them like they were useless. "This tribe's leader, does she hate me? I've seen how she looks at you."  

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:43 am
Incognita Ninja

Feline Tribe
Nabel's House

Kain flashed a quick small smile in the Siamese neko's direction, glad she was taking his advice. She was getting better but it hadn't been one week yet and she would need to take it easy while her head and brain healed. Luckily it was a mild concussion but still, a brain injury is serious.

Sounds of fighting nekos and harpies could be heard outside. Long range weapons flew into the air to attack the harpies, who swooped and slashed with their talons, and snapped with their beaks. Some of them fell to the ground dead or injured. Some of the nekos were getting hurt too. Neither side wanted to give up, each determined to chase the other off. The harpies wanted these mountains as their own. The nekos wanted them just as much and fought to defend their precious territory from being stolen.

Kain glanced back at Nabel and saw her look of confusion. He decided to fill her in about what was going on. "There's harpies attacking the feline tribe. They've been nesting at the top of the mountains and have been slowly taking up territory until they've encroached on neko lands. Some of them belong to the flying tribe; those are the ones with rings on their legs with the flying tribe symbol printed on them" he paused. "No doubt they've flown up to the sky city to let their masters know of the attack. It's about to get really rough down here".

While he talked, he moved about. He had got his first aid kit and was working on treating Nabelin's wounds. "I see. Well, your arms are pretty scratched up. They've bled a lot and could get an infection from the harpie talons. And that wood that fell on one probably caused this bruise" he pointed to it then took out cleaning solution and washed her wounds out, before giving her an injection to prevent infection.

Kain numbed the wounds on her arms with some numbing purplum pod salve from the hoofed tribe that dwelt in the forest. It smelled like grapes and mint. He then started stitching up the deeper slashes before bandaging her arms up with clean bandages and keeping them in place with special tape. He packed his things back into the med kit and slung the strap of it over his shoulder. He dug into it again and got out some tablets. "Here, painkillers. Take these two" he got Nabelin a glass of water from the kitchen tap and helped her swallow the pills.

He looked at Nabelin when she asked about the feline tribe's leader. Kain looked puzzled, "You know, I really think she's jealous for some reason but I can't figure out why. I mean, it's not like she would have feelings for me or anything. I'm just a human. And a doctor. I treat everyone the same; as my patients, or potential patients" he smiled. "Patients can't have feelings for their doctors" Oh how clueless and oblivious Kain was around women. He didn't even realise he had feelings for Nabelin.

He looked at the two women. "We should get you and Nabel out of this place and down into the Paw Paw Valley where it's safer. We're going to have to make a run for it while the guards and fighters of the village hold off the harpies! I've brought Shai. You two get on his back and ride back to safety".

Shai's concerned musical trills and whistles could be heard as the jumpy zinna paced around outside the door. He poked his head into the house and called out "Pwiii! Meeeweee?" His tail swished in agitation. He wanted to lead all his friends to safety.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:08 pm
Meyaira Firespring

Feline Tribe
Nabel's House to Paw Paw Valley Village

Nabel looked back at him and grimaced at the news. "Yes, Flying Tribe harpies are a nuisance in this area. I don't know why mum and dad haven't moved done into the valley where it's safer." She turned her head towards the doctor, watching him tend to the elven woman's arms, noting how gentle he was. A small smile came to her face, she wished someone would be like that with her one day.

Nabelin winced as the cleaning solution was rubbed over her arms. “Tch!” She gritted her teeth when the injection came, her eyes narrowing at the syringe. She watched as the purple fruit was rubbed across her arms, the grape mint smell wafting through the room. Her arms tingled as the numbing agent started to work and soon she couldn’t feel anything in her arms. Her eyes followed the needle that he pulled out to suture the deeper ones closed. Feeling the bandages on her arm, Nabelin gazed in wonder at the cleanliness of them. Feeling the numbing agent wearing off, she lifted one arm to feel the tape. It felt rough underneath her fingers and she ran the tips lightly over it, amazed.

“With what little I can remember, I can say that we never had anything like it where I came from. Healers would have bandages, but to hold them closed I cannot say.” She looked up to Kain and found him holding out a couple of pills with a glass of water. She held out her hands for them and took them with the doctor’s help; in the haze of the slowly returning pain she felt him cradle her head.

Nabelin softly smiled at him when he said that patients couldn’t have feelings for their doctor. “But can doctors have feelings for their patients then?” She asked, her eyes twinkling in the low light. At the mention of Nabel and her taking Shai down to the village, Nabelin grew serious.

“Kain, what about you? You can’t stay up here either.” She whispered before Shai’s worried whistles and call drew her away from the doctor and towards Nabel.

“Come on Nabel, let’s go. Dr Kain can keep a better eye on you while in the village and it will be better protected.” Nabelin help to bring Nabel to her feet, though the slender Neko could push herself up. With Nabelin steadying her, they were both able to get to the door and out it before Shai nudged it again in desperation. Nabelin helped Nabel up first and then pulled herself up, ignoring the twinge of pain in her arms. Now settled in the saddle behind Nabel and taking up the reins, she turned Shai so he was headed back towards the village. Flicking the reins, she braced herself for the jolt from the Zinna getting up to running speed. Looking back, she saw that Kain was getting smaller and smaller until she could no longer see him. She turned back to the path a head of them and she couldn’t explain it, but her chest got a little tighter at the thought of never seeing him again. Her thoughts were broken by the neko girl speaking.

“Nabelin?”

“Yes Nabel?”

“Are you part of the flying tribe?” Nabelin pondered on the question, keeping her hands on the reins.

“No, I didn’t know there was a flying tribe.”

“Oh. Then why did you take the flying tribe’s leg band? Are you a spy for them?” Nabel tried to glance at Nabelin, but their similarity in height made it slightly difficult. Nabelin shook her head, a confused look on her face.

“Don’t you take a something from a fallen enemy as a spoil of war? That band, it was my spoil of war. I had no clue on what it meant, for you or for that harpy.” Nabel was silent, the information processing in her brain.

“Oh, I see. Then you didn’t tell the harpies to attack us?” Nabelin again shook her head.

“No, I would never do that. Your tribe leader, Persia I believe her name is, asked Dr Kain and I to help the village. My particular task was to look for more harpies in the mountains. I believe that I accidentally disturbed them, which wasn’t my intent either.” Nabelin sound crestfallen, and Nabel had a hunch that what she was telling her was the truth. However, she didn’t get to say anything as they had made it down to the village. Shai stopped and crooned to his passengers. Nabelin smiled at him and slid off, her arms shaking slightly as she helped the neko girl down. Looking around, she clutched a rein from Shai’s halter and looked around.
“Hello? Is there anyone here who can help?” Nabelin was unsure of where to go, her eyes roaming the village to see who was available, but she didn’t see anyone. At least not right away.  

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:07 am
Incognita Ninja

Feline Tribe
Paw Paw Valley Village

Kain wasn't sure what to answer to Nabelin's question. He'd never really thought about it. "Well, I don't think so. I mean, doctors are professionals. We have to care for everyone equally and not give preferential treatment. But I will admit I do remember some of my patients better than others and I am rather fond of them". Nabelin's eyes were twinkling as though she knew something he didn't and was perhaps laughing at him. He knew elves were wise, but he couldn't waste time trying to decipher her meaning right now.

There wasn't much time to talk. He mentioned Shai as their way down off the mountain plateau. "I'll be fine. I'll find my own way down" he reassured the Siamese neko and the elf. "You two just take Shai and get to safety" He watched Nabelin help her feline friend to the door and get them both onto Shai's back. He stood at the door and watched the blue zinna running away on swift feet with the two women on his back, seeing Nabelin look back over her shoulder. "Be safe" he mouthed the words, his heart aching painfully for some reason as he watched them go. He prayed they'd be all right.

Kain helped treat injured fighters on the mountain pass, taking them into Nabel's empty house for cover and to treat their wounds.The battle looked like it was going to be won. Then members of the flying tribe showed up in the air. A retreat was called and everyone hurried back down the mountain together, defending themselves with projectile weapons and shields. Kain was protected by some of the fighters as he ran down the mountain paths with them, stumbling and panting as he ran, holding his med kit and tools. The cats were sure and swift of foot while he seemed like a clumsy oaf next to them. The same way he felt around Nabelin on her swift and sure feet. That thought made him smile.

He made it to the village in one piece. The soldiers and fighters hurried to defend the weak points of the village, and the points which gave them protection as well as a good spot to attack from.

While Kain hurried to Persia's house, which was the biggest building in the village. Most of the cats were gathered there and some needed healing and medicine. He got to work, asking whether anyone had seen Shai, Nabelin and Nabel as he made the rounds, treating people.

Persia sashayed over "Oh yes we have seen them, meow. They arrived some while before you did and have gone to take shelter with Nabel and Fria's parents. Shai is in the stables with Natty"

"Thank God" Kain breathed. "I'll go see them"

"Hey! Here, over here!"

"Come this way!" Two voices called out in reply to Nabelin's voice.

A red haired cat woman and white haired male neko came running over to greet them. It was Fria and Nabel's parents. The woman, Poppy, and the man, Hunter, both looked relieved and joyful to see their other daughter safe and sound. They hugged her, and Poppy helped support Nabel so she could walk. "Come on ladies, I'll take you back to the house, Hunter will put Shai in the barn" she said.

She looked at the bandages on Nabelin's arms and smiled at her "Thank you for all of your help, miss Elf. We really appreciate it. Is Doctor Kain alive?" She looked back at her daughter as she led her towards the house, hurrying her steps because flying tribe peoples were descending from the skies and attacking all around. "Oh Nabel, Fria's been asking to see you. We were worried you wouldn't be able to get down from the mountain. She kept trying to go to save you but with her injured arm, we wouldn't let her".

Meanwhile, a Pegasus landed in the Paw Paw village. She had an antelope faun on her back who was shaking and looked scared. "We made it!" Blyds panted, his teeth chattering from the cold mountain air they just passed through on the way here.

"Looks like the flying tribe is already attacking. Let's find weapons and shelter"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:19 pm
Meyaira Firespring

Feline Tribe
Paw Paw Valley Village

Nabelin saw them and weakly smiled. Finally, some help. She gave Hunter Shai's reins and she watched the Zinna meekly follow the neko-jin into the stable. She followed the Poppy into their home.

"Thank you for all of your help, miss Elf. We really appreciate it. Is Doctor Kain alive?"

Naeblin blushed. "I didn't do much, I've only tried to keep the harpies at bay." At the mention of the doctor, she frowned. "I'm not sure about Dr Kain. We left him at the top of the mountain, but we came into town so fast I'm not sure if he's safe or not." She watched Nabel embrace her sister and melted into the corner of the room, keeping an eye on everyone. She yawned, bringing up a bandaged arm to hide her yawn.

Nabel hugged Fria, resting her head on Fria's shoulder. "Fria, what happened to your arm? You didn't get hurt did you?" Her brown eyes looked into her sister's pink eyes as best as they could.

"Nawhuh. We're not doing anything until we've rested up a bit." Desert snorted and walked towards what seemed to her the Leader's house. She struck at the door with a hoof, trying to get someone's attention. She opened her wings but folded them so they wouldn't frighten anyone else. The shrieks of the harpies made Desert's skin crawl and she stomped a hoof in displeasure.  

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:33 am
Incognita Ninja

Feline Tribe
Paw Paw Valley Village

Poppy noticed her blush as she led her into her medium sized home. It was double storey, with Fria and Nabel's bedrooms upstairs, each with their own bathroom. Downstairs was the kitchen and dining, living room and the parents bedroom, along with two more bathrooms. It seems the fisher cats were fairly well off from selling what fish they caught and prepared. Just an average middle class family. All the windows were boarded up and the door was reinforced. The house was secure.

Poppy replied to Nabelin. "Keeping the harpies at bay is good enough. Least it means you're not on their side" she said. "Every little bit helps. Oh for the doctor, Persia sent up our fighters to the mountain so they would have brought him down as they retreated. I could hear the trumpets blowing calling the retreat. Looks like the Flying tribe are attacking again. That's nothing new" she tsked. "I wish they'd leave us alone. We claimed this valley fairly and worked to make it livable. But they all think they're superior to us just because they can fly. And the Canine tribe does too. I keep saying, cats and dogs, one isn't better than the other, they are both good, just different, but those dogs never listen. They are always all 'Dogs are the best!" she said putting on a gruff deep voice as she mocked them.

Fria hugged Nabel back, nuzzling the Siamese girl. "Nabel! I'm so glad you're okay! I was worried sick about you, stuck up there on the mountain" she said, "I thought you were going to be harpie food. My arm? Oh yeah, the harpies scratched it with their talons and it was bleeding a lot but Dr Kain patched me up" she smiled. "Gods, but I'm glad you're here. I kept trying to go get you and bring you home but mum and dad wouldn't let me go with my injury" She pulled her sister over to the living room and helped her sit down. "Here, sit. I'll make us some hot drinks"

Poppy came out with some cookies on a tray and set them in the living room. She walked over to Nabelin with a plate of cookies "Dear would you like something to eat? Do elves like sweet food? I've heard sugar is good for the blood" she said. "Hunter will be back soon, he's just tying that strange creature in the barn with the other one. What are they called again?"

Fria noticed the cookies "Ooh, cookies!" she grabbed one and started eating it.

Blyds wanted to argue, but then again they hadn't had rest for a long time, not since running from the Savannah Hoofed Tribe and then running into that giant snake and then being captured. He yawned. "Okay. I wanna fight and I know how to but maybe you're right. Can't fight without proper energy from rest"

The door to the house opened and Persia looked at the Pegasus and elk/antelope faun "What? Who are you, meow? We don't ally with hoofed tribes, if you want somewhere to get out of the Flying Tribe's way, try the barn" she said "It's fitting for hoofed animals like yourselves" and she rudely shut the door.

Blyds looked gobsmacked. His jaw was hung open "Wow, rude! How about that for hospitality? It did look pretty packed in there though. And hey, you might be more comfortable in the barn in that form. Let's find the barn. I don't want to argue with that stuck up cat"

Around them, flying tribe and feline tribe members were fighting. Some flying tribe people fell out of the sky, hurt by projectile weapons. While some of the cats carried their injured to the hospital and medics. It looked like neither side was winning, but the cats had the advantage. They shot from behind solid walls that protected them and the flyers were down in the valley, surrounded by shooting guard towers. It looked like the cats would win again.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:07 pm
Meyaira Firespring

Feline Tribe
Paw Paw Valley Village

Desert nodded and started towards the barn, every step that she took screamed of being tired. “I agree with you, Blyds, let’s just rest.” Nosing the door open, she went through, making sure to be careful of the antelope on her back. Letting him get off, she went and found an empty stall and laid down. Getting comfortable, she stretched out. However she couldn’t get completely comfortable, the sounds of battle were too loud.
----

“I believe they are called Zinna, though nothing I’m familiar with.” Nabelin took a few cookies from the plate, gratefully crunching down, though not forgetting her manners in making sure that the crumbs didn’t fall on the floor. Nabelin listened to her rant about the different tribes, and she tried to understand what was happening. After a couple minutes of trying, she rubbed her head. “I’m sorry ma’am, I’m getting tired and I’m afraid that I don’t understand all the complexities, at least not yet.” She hid another yawn from her hostess, still trying to maintain the level of politeness required for such a situation.

Upstairs, Nabel hugged her sister back. “I’m glad to be home with you too, Fria.” She gently touched Fria’s arm, mindful of the bandages. “And I’m glad they didn’t let you go, Nabelin and I barely escaped, and that was with a Zinna.” She feebly chuckled, letting it trail off into silence. She let herself be led into the living room and sat down on a couch. When her mum put the tray of cookies on the small coffee table, she gladly took a few. Taking a bite, she hummed in pleasure. “Mum, this is fantastic. When did you make them?”  

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:31 pm
Incognita Ninja

Feline Tribe
Paw Paw Valley Village

Blyds dismounted carefully from Desert Rose, watching her slump into a free stall and lay down. He followed her and hesitated at the open door of the stall "Do...do you mind if I join you? I've, become quite used to your company and with the sounds of battle out there, it's somewhat unnerving being alone" he admitted, taking a tentative step forwards with his solid yet dainty hoof. He could hear harpies and flying tribe folk screaming and shouting, the sounds of weapons being fired, and the cat folk shouting back.

He walked in and cuddled up to Desert, lying against her behind her front legs. He stroked her coat softly "You're beautiful Desert Rose. I can't thank you enough for getting us out of the flying tribe. Where are we going to go from here though?"

The door of the barn opened, startling Blyds. He hadn't noticed the footsteps approaching. He watched as a white neko man walked in with two strange looking animals. They were Zinnas. One a light blue colour scheme and the other was a multicoloured patchy one of different browns, greens, greys and a little bit of black on the left leg. "Whoa, those are amazing. What are they?!"

Hunter noticed the two outcasts of the hoofed tribe and smiled at them "Aw, don't worry about these guys, they're peaceful creatures; their claws are mostly used to help them grip the ground for better speed. they're called Zinna's and they were ridden here by the elf and the doctor that showed up in this town before the flying tribe attacked us" he paused "I'm Hunter by the way. One of the cat tribe folk. My wife is Poppy and we have two daughters; Nabel and Fria. Nabel's the Siamese and Fria's a pink neko. Oh that reminds me; the elf named Nabelin is staying at our house and the doctor should be joining her soon. Are you two comfortable in the barn or would you like to come stay with us?"

Poppy's ears flicked around softly as she listened to Nabelin's answer "Ahh, Zinna. I see. They look like they are very fast on their feet" she said. "The two you and Dr Kain brought into the village are very pretty. I'm sure some of our cat tribe would like to own some"

Poppy watched Nabelin try some cookies and smiled, glad she was eating. She was sure the elf must be hungry after traveling here and then getting attacked by the flying tribe. She shrugged at her reply to her explaining the situation "Well, that's okay. To put it simply; we cats are being attacked by birds and dogs, and you and the good doctor got caught up in the middle of it. That's all" she said, her tail swishing softly. She wasn't annoyed, she just liked to move her tail around when she talked. Poppy noticed Nabelin's yawning. "I'll set up a few beds for you in the living room. Fria and Nabel's rooms are upstairs and ours is downstairs, if you need to know where everyone is. There's a guest bathroom downstairs for everyone to use, but me and Hunter have our own ensuite" she smiled. "Would you like some fresh clothes and a shower? I can prepare the bed for you while you get refreshed"

Fria purred as her sister returned the hug. She let Nabel touch her injured arm. "Well, yeah, I guess it was a good thing I couldn't go up the mountain but it was frustrating. It's a good thing that she-elf helped you get back here. I wonder where she got the strange creature from. A zinna called Natty I think it was. I kind of want one now that I've seen them. They look so neat"

She got up and followed her sister downstairs to the living room where Nabelin was sitting and talking to Poppy. She took a cookie as well and nibbled on it

Poppy looked at Nabel and smiled "Glad you like them sweetie. They're chocolate chip cookies. I made them the other day after we got back from fishing. We had to trade for some ingredients but I think they turned out well" she said.

Fria went to make them some hot drinks and came back with tea for both of them. It was made with milk and sugar. She placed the tray with the teapot and cups down and poured some hot tea out. "Nabelin, do you drink tea? Mum do you want some?"

Poppy sat down on a free couch "Sure I can pause and have a drink, there's not much else we can do until it's safe to go outside again"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:28 pm
Meyaira Firespring

Feline Tribe
Paw Paw Valley Village

"Do...do you mind if I join you? I've, become quite used to your company and with the sounds of battle out there, it's somewhat unnerving being alone"

Desert shook her head. "I don't mind. In fact, I would think after all we have been through, I think we both would prefer it." Her eyes smiled at him, and she nudged him down onto the straw.

Desert sighed as Blyds stroked her coat. No one had done that in a very long time. Hearing his thanks, Desert nudged him gently. "You're very welcome. I was finding them a bit too stuffy for my liking. Even though I can fly, I still like to feel the ground underneath my hooves." When Blyds asked her what they were going to do from there, Desert sighed.

"I honestly don't know. I guess we could go back to the Hoofed Tribe, but I don't know if they'll take us back." When the nekojin came into the barn, Desert only gave him a passing glance.But when he asked if they wanted to come with him, she hesitated.

"I'm not sure...What do you think Blyds?" She turned to the antelope, uncertainty mixing into her voice.

---

Nabelin nodded. "They are very fast. Much faster than the warsteed I have at home." Nabelin took another cookie, eating it slowly.

"Would you like some fresh clothes and a shower? I can prepare the bed for you while you get refreshed"

She nodded in response. "Yes please. A shower sounds lovely, and so do clean clothes." She looked down at her journey stained clothes and grimaced. She was definitely overdue for laundering her clothes. What was once pristine clothes now were caked with dirt, blood, and all sorts of organic matter, not to mention torn to shreds from the harpy talons.

When asked if she drank tea, Nabelin gave Fria a small smile. "Not often, but it will be a welcome drink tonight." She stretched out her hand to receive the cup and when she did, she gladly cupped her hands around it, enjoying the warmth that came with it.

Nabel also was poured a cup and drank it as well, reveling in the taste. "Mmm, I haven't had tea in a long while. Fria, you make the best tea ever!" She beamed and then grew serious.

"It doesn't feel right, not without the good doctor and dad not being here. Do you think they'll both be OK, mum?" She set her tea down next to the cookies and nibbled on it, trying to calm the rising anxiety in her.  

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:11 am
Incognita Ninja

Feline Tribe
Paw Paw Valley Village

"You are right, of course" Blyds had murmured warmly as he settled down beside his mare-friend's flank. He no longer had his tribe for company, he was alone and outcast in the world but so was she. They had each other though and he found that parting from her was not something he wished to do. He smiled at her nudges, guiding him down into the straw nesting of the stables.

He relished the sound of her sigh as he stroked her coat. He was glad she was enjoying his touch. In fact, it made a strange warmth blossom in his chest and stomach; peaceful, affectionate feelings. He wanted to be close to her, as close as possible. To keep breathing her scent and hearing her voice. He smiled again at the nudges she gave him and petted her velvety nose and muzzle as she talked about the flying tribe.

"Yeah, they had some attitude problems, that's for sure. Thinking they're better than us, being all high and mighty just because they can fly and have lots of wealth. They're a very proud tribe, even arrogant. Very pushy in trying to dominate others. I'm glad to be free of them". He nodded in agreement at Desert's talk about liking to feel the ground beneath her. "Same here. I must feel solid, reliable earth beneath my hooves. Being in the air just doesn't suit me, neither the water. I am a creature of the land"

He considered her idea for where to go next. "The Savannah tribe won't take us back. If they see us, the tribe leader will have our heads on a platter. He takes betrayal very seriously. But we may have better luck with the hoofed tribe in the flat wildgrass lands to the northeast, or try further up in the large forest above them. I've heard that their leader is a pegacorn named Kilcarn. Or we could try the rolling hills a bit above that. All these areas have been claimed by the hoofed tribe. Other than that, we could roam the world together, never really fitting in anywhere. We could be our own tribe"

Hunter had walked in then, diverting Blyd's attention. He hummed a note of interest when Hunter explained what the creatures were. "Zinna, huh. An elf and a doctor are staying here? How curious. They must be stuck here now like we are because of the tribal war"

He listened to the cat man's offer and looked at his female companion. Staring into her large expressive eyes, he made a decision "I think I'd like to stay here with you. Just the two of us, alone together. If that's all right" he said softly, so only she could hear. He wasn't quite ready to deal with meeting more new people and he wasn't sure he'd be able to trust easily again now.

He looked back at Hunter. "If you don't mind, I'd like to just stay here and get some rest. I don't want to impose. I'm sure your home must be crowded enough with your family plus two guests. We're all right here. I have wilderness survival skills so I'm all right on my own. I can look after myself and my companion"

Hunter nodded, accepting Blyd's choice. "All right then. Well, I'll bring you some water and food. And there's a bathroom way at the back behind the tack room if you want to shower or anything. If you need anything, here are the directions to my house" he said, pulling out a piece of paper showing a rough map and handing it to Blyds. He then took his leave, leaving the stables silent.

"I see" Poppy murmured with interest to Nabelin's words. "I can understand why people use them to travel, then. They must be able to cover large distances at a high speed. I doubt they'd be able to support much weight, however, like a donkey would. But if you need to get somewhere fast and move more freely around Purri then they sound invaluable"

Poppy rose to her feet as Nabelin agreed to the shower and clothes. "I'll go and fetch you some of my things" she said, before quickly leaving the room and coming back with a bundle of soft villager clothing; womens' underwear and bra, some tights and a plain, loose tunic top with a high sash.

She laid them on the couch beside the she elf. "Here, you will find a towel laid out beside the shower stall in the bathroom, as well as a new toothbrush and hairbrush, and some razors. You can toss your worn clothes into the laundry hamper in there and I'll wash them in the laundry with the household wash gets done. I'll have to wait for the fighting to die down before I can go to the communal laundry house, though. Oh and there's soap, shampoo, conditioner and moisturiser for when you hop out of the shower" she said "You can of course, finish your tea first"

Poppy then started to get things out of the linen closet in the hallway; spare mattresses and bedding.

Fria sat down on the spot her mother had vacated on the sofa and watched Nabelin cradle her cup of hot tea. She sipped her own slowly, yet couldn't help staring at Nabelin, noticing how attractive she was. "Are all elves this pretty? You look too delicate and fragile to be out there fighting harpies but your clothing shows that you're a warrior indeed" she said.

She then looked to her sister and grinned at the compliment "Thank you sis. I'm glad you like it. I thought it would soothe everyone's nerves and help us relax. We need to stay calm and not panic while the battle rages outside". She then noticed her sister become more serious and she in turn wiped the smile from her own face, her ears drooping slightly. "Dad will be okay. He's lived through lots of tribal fights before. He was just going to put the Zinnas in the stables for Nabelin and Doctor Kain. He should be back any minute" she reassured Nabel.

"As for Kain, he's a doctor. I think he's helping treat the wounded. He'll likely not be done until the battle has ended and the flying tribe goes away"

Poppy looked up from making up the beds on the living room floor, just finishing folding back the clean sheets and fluffing the pillows. "Hunter should be fine. He's a competent fighter and knows how to handle himself during battles, as do I. I can't speak for the doctor but I assume he's in the town hall with the others, safe behind walls and doors. Persia likes him so I doubt she would let anything happen to him"

As Poppy finished speaking, light footsteps approached the house and the door opened. Hunter stepped in. The sounds of fighting could be heard loudly through the open door until he closed it. "We have some more guests staying in the stables where the Zinna are being housed" he informed everyone present. "I'm going to bring them water and food. They're content to rest in the stables alone for now"

Kain would arrive at the house much later. He was busy tending wounds and helping fighters. Only once the flying tribe were beaten back by the cats and retreated did his work finally end and he made his way to Poppy and Hunter's house. He lightly rapped on the door before it opened and he walked inside. His hair was mussed and he looked exhausted. Poppy gave him fresh clothing and pointed him to the shower as well. It was the very early hours of the morning and Kain had been tending to injured and sick folk all night.

Main Role Play Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff