Welcome to Gaia! ::

Purri Paradise!

Back to Guilds

A fantasy roleplaying guild based on a made up world and creatures. 

Tags: Neko, Fantasy, Roleplay, Sci-Fi, Lifestyle 

Reply Main Role Play Forum
RP Areas For Feline Tribe - 4. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:57 pm
Meyaira Firespring

Feline Tribe
Paw Paw Valley Village

Desert nodded with Blyd's decision. "Yes, thank you for you hospitality though. It is very much appreciated."

When Hunter left, Desert hummed in contentment. "The wild grasslands sounds like a nice place to settle in, we should try there next. Maybe this Kilcarn will take us in." She shifted in the stall, trying to get more comfortable in the straw and without squishing Blyd. She dryly chuckled. "Who would've thought that helping a friend would get us banned from one tribe and on the run from another? But for now, let's rest. We don't know how long we have before we're on the move again."

The sounds of battle went on through the night, and in a sense it was a lullaby that lulled the Pegasus to sleep.

---

Nabelin continued to sip at her tea, relishing the warmth that it provided. She watched as Poppy went to get her some clothes, and when she returned, Nabelin put down her cup. She touched the fabric of the clothing, pleasantly surprised at the softness. She'd thought that the cloth would be rough and course, but instead was as fine and soft as milkweed down. "Thank you, for your kindness."

"Are all elves this pretty? You look too delicate and fragile to be out there fighting harpies but your clothing shows that you're a warrior indeed."

Nabelin looked up at the young pink furred nekojin, and a small smile ghosted across her face. "Depends on your definition of beauty, I suppose. We are a fair race, especially when I'm from. However, even if we are fair of face, there are those who would be considered "less desirable" than others. We do after all, have traits that vary, just like humans." Nabelin put down her tea cup to do the air quotes as she talked. Picking her tea cup up, she took a few drinks from it before continuing. "I was never one to think of such things, mostly because I was more focused on adventuring most of the time." Nabelin glanced at her clothes, and another smile skittered across her face.

"I guess I did choose the warrior's life, didn't I? Us elves, we're resistance to most illness, poisons and the like, but delicate? Some of us, yes. The others? No, we're not delicate, though I believe sometimes we like to pretend to be, but most times we're protecting the delicate ones from being over run by evil." She give Fria a wink and a half smile. "It's not a bad job though. Depending on what I'm doing, the pay out is worth it." Nabelin got a far off look in her eyes as she remembered some of her adventures. She came back to reality when the now empty tea cup almost slipped through her fingers. She bounced it around before catching it. When Hunter came in, she rose from the sofa, suddenly on guard. However she quickly relaxed when he relayed the news of the newest additions in the stable. Stretching, she placed her cup on the small table in front of her and picked up the clothes.

"With that, I guess I'll take that shower now." Nabelin made her away to the bathroom, and stepping inside, closed the door.

--

Nabel shook her head in wonder. "She's accomplished for one person, to have gone through all of that? I wonder if she would have any stories to tell." She got up and gave Hunter a quick hug, resting her head on his shoulder briefly. "I missed you dad, and I'm glad you and mum are home now." Moving away, she let him go through to the kitchen and yawned.

"I'm not sure about everyone else, but I'm tired. Anyone else gonna be going up soon?" She directed the last question at Fria, wanting to know her sister's response.

--

Once in the bathroom, Nabelin stripped off her bandages and travel stained clothes, put them into the hamper, and stepped into the shower. It took her a few tries, but she finally figured out the knobs and started the water. Letting the water run over her body, she hissed when the water hit her arms wounds, but gritted her teeth against the pain regardless. Using the shampoo and conditioner, she scrubbed at her hair until it squeaked, the dirt being more caked on there. She dabbed some soap on her arms, and if anyone said something to her she would deny it, but she whimpered. The soap stung, but she made sure to keep it on there to help disinfect the wounds. Doctor Kain did an excellent job in treating them to begin with. Rinsing all the soap off, she turned off the water and stepped out. Grabbing a towel, she toweled off quickly and put on the soft clothes that Poppy had provided for her. Brushing out her wet hair, she quickly twisted it into a braid to keep her hair contained. After she finished, she hesitated and finally threw the wet towel in with the dirty clothes. Exiting the bathroom, she selected one of the mattresses that Poppy set out. Seeing her still bustling about, Nabelin got her attention and smiled. "Thank you for putting us up in your home. I wish there was more that we could do for you."

After a while, Nabelin could feel her eyes starting to close, and so allowed herself to curl up under the blankets and rest. When Kain came in the early morning, she was still fast asleep, though more relaxed.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:16 pm
Incognita Ninja

Feline Tribe
Paw Paw Valley Village

“Yes, the grasslands sounds like it would give us plenty of space to run free; especially you, you could run as fast as you want and fly around whenever you want” Blyds said, smiling at the thought of Desert Rose being free to do what she loved. Just because they were banned from the Savannah branch of the hoofed tribe didn’t mean they were barred from its other two locations. “Kilcarn is a very strange name, I hope he’s someone nice” he added.

Blyds moved back a bit when Desert shifted, trying to give her space to get comfy. He soon resettled after she was content, staying near his equine companion. “I know, life was almost normal before this chain of events unfolded. I’m still trying to process all that’s happened. It’s been a wild ride” he replied. “But it was worth all the trouble to help Nabel out. And you’re right. We should make the most of our chance to rest up. I don’t know how long the feline tribe will permit us to stay. Plus we want to get moving towards the grasslands”

Hunter came back to deliver some water and basic food for the two outcasts and they thanked him and ate and drank.

Afterwards, Blyds soon fell asleep leaned up against Desert’s side, mainly for warmth but also because he wanted to be close to her. One of her folded wings half covered him and it felt very safe. He could tune out the sounds of fighting and chaos beyond the stables and listen to Desert’s heart beat and breath instead. The soft sounds of the Zinnas in the other stable pens were barely audible. They clearly were also taking a good rest.

Fria listened to Nabelin’s explanation about elves of her kind, her ears perked forwards in interest and her tail tip swaying. “Oh, yeah, that makes sense. I mean, you could look pretty but have a really bad personality or something” she said. “True beauty is on the inside” she was silent for a beat, looking at Nabelin “But in your case, I think it’s both” she declared with a smile, “You seem like a decent person and you’re fair of face”

Fria sipped at her tea as well, listening to Nabelin talk. “Adventures can be fun” she replied. “I’d love to hear tales about your adventures one day. I’m sure it’s an exciting life travelling around with the doctor but I’m curious about what you did before you guys met”

She nodded when Nabelin said she had chosen the way of the warrior, listening to her talk about elves some more. “That’s so cool that you’re resistant to stuff. And thanks for telling me more about your kind. It’s surprising to learn about this stuff. I’ve never really talked to an elf before and I don’t know much about them. So your words have broadened my mind” she said gratefully.

“Wow, that’s cool that you protect weaker races from evil. Heh, you guys look like flowers but you cut like thorns. I won’t make the mistake of assuming elves are delicate based on their appearance anymore!” she laughed, seeing her wink and half smile which made her grin even brighter. She liked Nabelin. She was a really nice and cool person. “Yeah, well, we all have to make a living somehow. Getting paid for what you do makes me think your way of life sounds good” She finished her tea as Nabelin took on a distant expression and there was a lull in the conversation.
Fria was thinking over the things Nabelin had told her but snapped back to the present when she caught movement out of her eye, just in time to see Nabelin catch the tea cup “Good catch!” she grinned. “Those warrior reflexes are fast, nya!” her tail swayed playfully.

Fria’s dad entered the house again and Fria watched Nabelin spring to her feet then relax. “Hey dad” she greeted. Fria’s ears pricked forwards as much as they could go when he mentioned the new guests. “OOooooh!! New visitors in the stables!” she exclaimed with great curiosity. “I wanna go see them”

She watched the elf place her cup down on the coffee table. Fria rose gracefully to her feet and picked it up along with her own empty one. “Okay Nabelin. I’ll wash the tea cups. Enjoy your shower” Fria said, going into the kitchen to clean the empty cups.

Meanwhile, Hunter the white neko looked at his Siamese daughter, smiling and hugging her back when she got up to hug him. “I’m sure Nabelin would have plenty of stories” he said to her, marvelling how tall Nabel had gotten recently as she laid her head on his shoulder. She had the lanky grace of the Siamese breed which meant long, slender limbs. He petted her head in a gesture of familial affection.

“I missed you too sweetie. And we’re glad to be home too! Don’t worry too much about the fighting; it’s a common occurrence all over Purri, tribes fighting other tribes. We’ve been in plenty of other battles with those feathered air heads before. Cats eat birds. Cats win” he joked. “It’ll die down by the morning” he promised. He booped her damp nose with a finger before releasing her and going to the kitchen to grab bread, cheese, dried fish and water for the visitors in the stable.

Fria walked back out of the kitchen as Hunter walked in. She looked at her sis and nodded “Yeah, I’m gonna catch some Zs. I’ll pounce on them in my sleep” she joked, stretching an arm up above her head as she arched her back and yawned. Her tail quivered and her ears went back. “Come on, let’s use the bathroom upstairs” She headed upstairs and got into her pjs, cleaned her teeth and face. She then went to her room and got into bed, wondering about who the people in the stable were and whether she could see the Zinnas tomorrow.

Poppy smiled at Nabelin as she climbed into her makeshift bed. “You are most welcome!” she said “Thank you for all you’ve done. I wish you a pleasant rest” Poppy had then gone upstairs to read in the master bedroom and soon fell asleep also. Hunter joined her later, after joining the fight to help drive the flying tribe out.

And the whole household was asleep when Kain made his way back in during the wee morning hours, med kit in hand. He tried to be quiet but it was a house full of sharp ears. He probably woke all of them up rapping their front door. Indeed, Poppy soon came downstairs and handed him fresh clothes, showing him the way to the bathroom. There was only very soft nightlights on, lit by glowing mushrooms.

Kain quickly washed all the blood, dirt and stains off himself and got dressed in a plain tunic and tan leggings, tossing his old clothes and towel in the hamper with Nabelin’s. He put his glasses back on after washing them in the bathroom sink. He exited the bathroom and picked his way through the faint light, over to the empty bed in the middle of the living room floor next to Nabelin’s. He saw the elf sleeping and checked to make sure she was okay. ‘Oh no, she took off the wound dressings’ he thought. Kain got up and grabbed the med kit bag. He tiptoed back over to her and re-dressed the wounds, trying not to wake her up. Of course, she woke up since he was touching her

“Sorry, I’m just redressing your wounds. Don’t want you to get an infection” he whispered, forgetting that elves had better immune systems than most and her wounds were likely okay. He was so tired, his brain wasn’t really at full capacity.

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:12 pm
Meyaira Firespring

Feline Tribe
Paw Paw Valley Village

For once Nabelin was sleeping peacefully, the events of the day wore her out. However, when Dr Kain starting to rebandage her arms, she stirred.

She half opened her eyes, catching the sight of a someone in the dark. "Uh, what time is it?" She mumbled, still half-asleep. The bed had warm covers on them and the warmth was drawing her back to sleep.

“Sorry, I’m just redressing your wounds. Don’t want you to get an infection”

Nabelin blinked slowly at him, not exactly processing what he had to say. "Huh?" Glancing down at her arms, she remembered. "Oh, yeah. I did take those off." She closed her eyes again, the soothing sounds of the bandages being wrapped around her arms lulling her back to sleep again. Within minutes, she was sleeping soundly.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:52 am
Incognita Ninja

Feline Tribe
Paw Paw Valley Village

The doctor was exhausted. The last thing he remembered after bandaging Nabelin's arms and re-applying wound dressings elsewhere, was taking off his glasses, crawling onto the mattress on the floor and falling into blissful black oblivion. He slept so deeply most of it was dreamless and when he did have dreams, they were about the spaceship he used to work on as a medic, his parents, his cat, stars and galaxies, medical school...he slept so hard that he drooled on his pillow and mumbled in his sleep but didn't wake even when everyone else started to get up around 10:00am and start their day.

Hunter had prepared some more food in the kitchen for their two guests that were staying in the barn. He had just finished putting everything on a tray when Fria skipped into the room. "Is that breakfast for the guests in the barn? I'll take it down to them!" she volunteered, eager to meet the new tribesfolk. Usually, Persia didn't permit outsiders that were not feline to stay for long and she wanted to meet and talk to them before they moved on.

Hunter smiled at her but gave her a warning look "All right, but be careful. And try not to annoy them" he said, handing the pink neko the tray of foods.

She grinned "Thanks dad, don't worry, I'll mind my manners" she said, and hurried out of the house and down to the barn. She soon nudged the barn door open with her foot and stepped inside, looking for the newcomers "Hello? Hi. I'm Fria. I brought food and drink for your breakfast. I'm a neko that lives here. My dad put you up in the barn" she said. She spotted the Zinnas in another stall and her tail swished happily. She wanted to go get a closer look at those too.

Blyds, the antelope fawn was the first to wake. He slowly woke up at the sound of Fria's voice and footsteps. "Hn? Huh? Oh...hi. I'm Blyds. It means lightning" he said in his sleepy south African accent. "You brought food?" he eyed the tray in her hands "Thanks! It smells good"

"It should do, my dad made it. There's big salads full of avocado, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, croutons, dressing and other yummy stuff, and some iced tea, and scones with honey and cream" she said. "He knows you guys don't eat meat". She could see well enough in the dim lighting of the barn to notice Blyd's antelope legs from the waist down and his rather pretty horns and soft, pointed ears. "What type of hoofed animal are you?"

He met her with a warm, sleepy smile as his eyes lit up "I'm an antelope type...a fawn of sorts. I think...an impala, if I remember correctly. I can also transform completely into the animal and can run really fast. S'why 'm called Blyds" he chuckled. "My companion is Desert Rose. A pegasus and a good friend. We've been on the run for some time, exiled from the Savannah hoofed tribe for minor offenses"

Poppy was hanging out the load of laundry she had done that morning on the washing line area in the front lawn part of the cliff that was their front yard. She had risen at her usual time, though allowed her husband to sleep in since he was battle worn and a bit bruised and battered. She cleaned the house and worked on making breakfast for herself and the rest of the guests, cutting up fresh fruit, frying crepes and topping with honey, fresh cream and berries. She made up a jug of ice water with mint leaves and some lemon and lime slices steeped in it. Poppy began setting the food and plates at the table "Breakfast is ready, Fria. Don't spend too long downstairs talking to the newcomers or you'll miss out. And Hunter, could you tell Nabel food is on the table?" she asked, looking at her yawning husband.

"Nyaaaa" he finished stretching and yawning, "Sure honey. I think she might still be asleep" he walked up to Nabel's bed and gently shook her shoulder "Nabel, time to wake up sweetie, your mother made crepes for breakfast" he checked her over "How are you feeling this morning? Do you need more pain medicine?"

Kain snored lightly, his hair messy and fluffy, sticking up all over the place. He looked a bit more pale than normal and had smudges that marked bags under his eyes. He'd probably sleep till past midday if not awoken.

Poppy spared the man a sympathetic glance "Poor fellow, he was up nearly all night tending wounded fighters and civilians. I don't know if we should wake him to eat or let him keep sleeping"

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:01 pm
Meyaira Firespring

Feline Tribe
Paw Paw Valley Village

Desert Rose was woken from sleep with Blyds' response to the nekojin, and she slowly opened her eyes. Heaving herself up from the straw bed, Desert shook herself off, ridding her bay coat of the pieces of straw that managed to cling to her hair, though some pieces stubbornly stayed in her mane and tail. She caught whiff of something pleasant and turned around, and was face to face to the young pink nekojin holding the platter of food.

It took her a few seconds, but she finally recognized the smells as being an overly large salad among other things. She looked away from the salad and into the nekojin's eyes.

"Sorry about that, one track mind when it comes to food sometimes. I don't remember seeing you before. I'm Desert Rose, nice to meet you."

Desert pricked her ears forward, showing no ill intent towards the nekojin.

Natty whistled softly to Shai,

---

Nabel stirred when Hunter shook her shoulder.

"Nabel, time to wake up sweetie, your mother made crepes for breakfast."

"Huh?" She rolled towards him, her blue eyes still a bit cloudy from sleep. "Mum made crepes?" She yawned wide and rubbed her eyes. "Must be a special occasion then, she doesn't make them that often." Nabel stretched out from under the covers, and made to move out of bed.

"How are you feeling this morning? Do you need more pain medicine?"

Nabel considered her father's question. "I don't know, my head still feels fuzzy, but I can think better now." Nabel swung her legs over the side of the bed and stretched. "I better get downstairs before all the crepes are eaten, eh dad?"

---

Nabelin was up almost right after Poppy, her body telling her to get a move on, though staying quiet to avoid waking Kain. She stretched her arms and shook her hair free of the braid. Shuffling to the bathroom, she started her daily routine and splashed her face with water to wake up even more. After she got ready for the day and changed into the clean clothes that appeared on her bed, she followed her nose to the kitchen where Poppy was making the crepes.

"Hmm, those smell delicious." Already, her mouth was watering. She spotted the toppings and she hummed in appreciation. "Everything looks so good, Miss Poppy. Is there anything I can do to help?"

Nabelin looked around the kitchen to see if there was something she could do to help the mistress of the house with.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:22 pm
Incognita Ninja

Feline Tribe
Paw Paw Valley Village

Fria loved the sound of Blyd's voice. His accent and tone were new to her and sounded very lyrical, in a way that sometimes other languages did, such as Scottish, Irish, English and so on. It was a novelty and curiosity for the girl. Hearing him talk was fun. "Ah, sorry to hear that. It must suck being kicked out of your tribe. Good thing the hoofed tribe is split into three different zones" she said "The feline tribe mostly all lives here. I think we have a few small groups in other places on the map though".

She blinked as she suddenly found herself face to face with the equine who was sniffing the tray in her hands "Ah! H-hi" she giggled softly "It's okay. I can be like that around food too. My animal instincts take over and I can't help myself" she shot her an understanding smile "Desert Rose, nice name. I'm Fria Whiskers, but my family don't usually say our last name"

Fria shoved some tack, brushes and other tools off the top of a large wooden table and placed the breakfast tray down for them. "Here, breakfast, I'll move out of the way" she said, motioning the pegasus to step forwards "Help yourself" She sat on a small wooden stool, tail raised in the air and swaying curiously. "Are you always like that, or do you have a more human form too? Like Blyds"

The neko's pink ears moved to catch the sound of whistling. "Sounds like Nabelin and Kain's mounts are awake. Wonder what they eat?" she mused. "I want to get another close up look of them"

Shai rubbed his head against Natty's neck and clicked a bit. The gem on his forehead lit up as he questioned how she had slept. He licked her, grooming her gently as he shifted his feet in the straw and then stretched, his tail wavering as he arched his back and neck. He wondered how Nabelin and Kain were. He was getting a little restless and wanted to go see them and have his morning run. He was fairly hungry too.

Hunter watched his adopted daughter roll towards him with a smile. She was so cute when she was just waking up, her blue eyes were always stunning. "Yep" he confirmed, reaching out to ruffle her hair in the annoying fatherly way of a dad. "Since we have an elf and a doctor visiting, I guess Poppy wanted to spoil them a bit" he said. "We don't normally have outsiders stay in the village, let alone in our private quarters" He stepped back a few paces to give Nabel room to hop out of bed and walk around.

Hunter was relieved to hear Nabel's head was feeling much better "Well that's great, Honey. I think you're going to make a full recovery" he sighed, then grinned "And yes, better hurry if you want to eat them while they're fresh. I'll come down with you. Your sister's already run down to the barn to check out the newcomers and take them the breakfast I made them. I remembered they're vegetarians at least" he chuckled, "Your mum reminded me before I made a mistake. And since we weren't sure about Kain and Nabelin, your made a vegetarian breakfast for us as well. I'll hunt wild pigs later and get us some bacon to fry"

Poppy expertly flipped another fluffy and crispy crepe onto the plate that held a growing pile. She turned to look at Nabelin with a warm smile "Why thank you, dear. And hmm....I'll have to think about that. I don't want to give you chores to do" she said. "Why don't you make some coffee with cream and sugar? Here's the machine" she pointed to it, it was powered by crystals that held some kind of charge. "I just replaced the crystals this morning after having them charged, so the machine should work fine" she said, "You put a scoop of coffee powder here, then you add the cream here..." she pointed out the parts, showing her how to use the machine to make some delicious sounding coffee. "That ought to wake us up" she said with a small laugh."I think doctor Kain might need one when he wakes up. I've decided to let him sleep for now. Poor boy looks like something the cat dragged in" she joked, sparing an amused glance at the drooling and mumbling man.

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:00 pm
Meyaira Firespring

Feline Tribe
Paw Paw Valley Village

Desert smiled. "Nice to meet you, Fria Whiskers. And of course I can. Lemme show you." Desert backed into the stall and changed back into human. Peering back out, she smiled at Fria. Her dark hair was long and tangled from being blown in the wind while she was flying and it had a piece or two of straw in it as well. Her clothes, the cream and gold dress that she was wearing at the Flying Tribe dinner, was rumpled as well and it had a few obvious creases where it was bunched up during sleep. Her tanned skin had grime on it from escaping from the Flying tribe and landing through the fight into Paw Paw Valley. Her brown eyes sparkled, though she was starting to eye the food again.

"I'm not used to being human, sometimes it's better being in my equine form than this one." She glanced down at her clothes and grimaced. "No wonder I was slightly uncomfortable all night, this dress makes a horrid nightgown." She tried to fluff out the dress so that the creases wouldn't be permanent. Stopping after a few seconds, she sighed and crossed her arms. Seeing the food just sitting there at the table, she inched forward and grabbed a fork and stabbed some of the salad. She glanced up at Fria and gave her a half smile.

"I do apologize for my rudeness, but I am hungry."

Natty clicked back and gently rubbed her face on Shai's neck as well. She stretched as well, and once she was done, she softly whistled to Shia. Her gem glowed as she responded to his question and then asked about his sleep as well. When Shai started to groom her, she groomed back, trying to keep her mind off of her growling stomach.

Nabel giggled at her father's comments as they walked down the stairs together, though Hunter's comments about hunting wild boar had her licking her lips. "Mmm, that sounds wonderful! I'm not sure when we had wild boar last..."

She squinted as she came down stairs, the bright morning's light starting to hurt her eyes some. The smell of fresh crepes opened her eyes a bit more, even though the sun kept them squinted.

As she entered the kitchen, she found Nabelin making the coffee, carefully following the instructions given to her by Poppy. Looking over her shoulder, Nabelin gave Nabel and Hunter a smile.

"Good morning! Hopefully the coffee will be ready soon, I'm not exactly sure how good it will be. Back at home, the people of Rohan made coffee and we would buy it at the tavern if we wanted a cup or two. Unfortunately for my people, we considered coffee to be beneath us, so the art of making coffee was never really passed down." The coffee machine gurgled to life, and within minutes the dark liquid started to pool in the carafe. Nabelin hummed as she prepped the cups, and looked back toward Poppy when she mentioned Kain.

"Hmm? Oh, yes, I think so too. Good coffee goes a long way, though I think this leaves much to be desired." She looked over at the sleeping man and chuckled. He was adorable, and something in Nabelin's chest swelled. She frowned, for she never felt anything like it before. However, Nabelin's attention was pulled away though when she realized that one was missing. "Where's Fria? I don't believe I've seen her this morning."  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:56 am
Incognita Ninja

Feline Tribe
Paw Paw Valley Village

Fria watched Desert transform and was amazed by how beautiful the woman was. She may have been rumpled but she was still stunning. "Wow! Not many people can look that good after just waking up" she said, then realised it probably sounded like she was teasing her.

"I'm not teasing. You're a very pretty human, Desert Rose. Thank you for showing me" she said "I can get you some new clothes and a towel so you can wash up in the bathroom down here. Or you can come upstairs and meet Kain and Nabelin. Doctor Kain's still sleeping though" she said in a loud stage whisper, cupping a hand beside her mouth conspiratorially. "Mum said he was up all night patching injured fighters and villagers. But anyway, we have a bathroom upstairs too. Use whichever you want. Um, I think some of Mum's clothes might fit you. She's taller than me and you're quite tall and graceful" she estimated, cocking her head as she looked at Desert's figure. "Our clothing is pretty simple though. Oh and I can get you my comb and hairbrush and help comb your hair out after your shower" she said.

Fria continued to sit at the wooden table and make conversation with the guests. She ignored the feeling of hunger in her own belly, not being too hungry, she didn't mind if she missed out on the crepes. It was more important getting to talk to these newcomers. Usually it was hard to meet and talk to members of other tribes that aren't allied with yours. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity. She looked at Desert Rose and smiled "You should be human more often, it looks good on you. And yeah that dress doesn't look like comfy sleepwear" she watched her pick up a fork and start eating. "No problem! You're not being rude at all, the food is for you guys. Go ahead and eat it" she said, "I hope I'm not bothering you staying down here and chatting. Don't get to talk to your kind ever"

She looked at Blyds as the Impala fawn copied his partner and sat at the table, picking up a fork and eating his own big bowl of salad. Blyds took appreciatively big mouthfuls and munched in bliss. "Mm! Your dad knows how to make a damn good salad!" he complimented, making Fria giggle. "And I'll shower down here if that's all right. Sorry to ask but I think I need some clean clothes as well" he said.

Fria propped her chin on her hands, elbows resting on the table as she chatted to the two hoofed tribe outcasts. "I'll get you some of my dad's" she promised, tail swishing calmly. She couldn't help but notice that Blyds was also quite attractive with his golden brown skin and tousled hair. "The pants might not fit though. I can rip them with my claws if we need to"

Shai responded with feelings and images of a restful sleep. He'd been tired enough from the events of the fighting and traveling that he appreciated the rest. Once he'd finished grooming Natty, he beckoned her to follow him with a nod of his head and walked toward the gate to their stall. He craned his neck over the top of the gate and undid the latch, walking out and sniffing around for food. Shai followed his nose and his gem lit up as he told Natty that he'd found some mixed horse food in a storage sack. He opened a barrel and found rainbow carrots inside, then found apples in another bag. Shai picked up a yellow carrot and held it out for Natty to take a bite, his gem lighting as he essentially told her 'Here, eat'. His tail swished happily. "We get energy now and run later" He didn't use those words but the images he shared with Natty essentially said the same thing, showing them eating and then running as fast as they pleased.

Hunter sat at the table and started to eat, putting plenty of toppings onto his crepe then rolling it up and taking bites. "It was a couple of months ago now since I've caught one. I'll smoke, cure and dry all the meat so we'll have plenty for a while" he promised. "I'll have to go to the forest to get it so I may as well hunt other game while I'm there and put some into storage for winter"

Hunter nodded at Nabelin "A good morn to you as well, fair maiden" he said, joking around. "That's all right, it's the thought that counts. I suppose elves prefer tea over coffee" he said, "But if it has caffeine in it then it should do the trick, never mind how it tastes" He could put up with bad coffee for one morning so long as the stuff helped give him an energy boost. He was still a bit worn from the battle last night and had all of his regular village duties to attend to. His gaze shifted to Nabel "Would you like to gather supplies with some of the other village youth today? I hear they're making a trip to our allies"

Poppy chatted to Nabelin some more, "Like Hunter says, I don't think he's going to care too much what it tastes like so long as it helps revive him" she said, "But I have a feeling it won't taste that bad. You can't go too wrong with coffee. It's funny, since we're part feline, caffeine has a rather strong effect on us. You can usually tell if someone's had coffee because their pupils tend to dilate" she said, taking a cup of the coffee with cream and sugar in it and taking it to the table with her. She sipped at it. "Hm, not bad. Not the best, but not horrible" she appraised. Poppy had seen the way Nabelin looked at the sleeping cream haired boy and allowed herself a knowing smile.

The neko leaned towards the she elf and whispered "He's quite the cutie, that one. And smart too, being a doctor. If you're interested in him, you best make a move before someone else does" she said softly, making her husband wear an amused smirk as his feline ears heard her whisper. Poppy sat back in her chair as though nothing happened. "Oh, that girl! Of course she's down in the stables talking to our two other guests. Persia permitted them to stay overnight due to the tribe fights but they're supposed to be leaving some time this morning. I'd say she wants to satisfy her curiosity about them since we don't have much contact with the hoofed tribes"

Kain just kept on sleeping. Nothing was waking him up, not the smells of coffee or fruit, or the sound of footsteps and voices. He was OUT. And probably wouldn't rise till midday or just after. His dreams shifted to Nabelin and he imagined them having a conversation, then he took out a stethoscope and listened to her heart. He wasn't sure why but being this close to her made him happy and he leaned forwards and lightly pressed his lips against the dream elf. Her heart beat sped up in his ears and he felt so happy. She loved him back. Of course, in reality all Kain did was shift a little in his sleep.

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:39 pm
Meyaira Firespring

Feline Tribe
Paw Paw Valley Village

Desert sighed at the mention of the shower and fresh clothes. “Oh, those would be lovely, if you don’t mind.” She glanced at Blyds between bites of the salad and nodded. “I think it would be best if I showered down here as well, since I don’t think your mum would like dirty hooves through her home.”

“I can get you my comb and hairbrush and help comb your hair out after your shower"

“Oh, that would be lovely. Some days I would gladly cut off my hair so that it would be more manageable instead of constantly getting tangled with weeds and the like.” She scowled at the tangled mess that was currently draped over her shoulder.

Natty whistled back to Shai and followed him to where the barrels of food where she took half the offered carrot. Once she was finished with that, she started to root around, find another yellow carrot before crunching down on the selected carrot. After finishing the second carrot, she rooted around to find the rolled oats. Finding not the rolled oats, but a sweet feed instead, she softly whistled to Shai, letting him know of the treasure she found. Sniffing the sweet feed, she tentatively took a taste, and then tried to bury her muzzle in it.

"Would you like to gather supplies with some of the other village youth today? I hear they're making a trip to our allies"

Nabel shook her head. “I don’t think so. Last time I did that, I got hit on the head. Besides, my head still hurts, and Dr. Kain hasn’t told me that I could go back.” Nabel winced as a stabbing pain flitted through her head. For the brief second, her eyes closed partway to limit the light coming in.

Nabelin blushed at Poppy’s words. “I hardly know the man…” She started to stutter, not finding the words to articulate her thoughts. She turned away, fixing a crepe, but the blush was there, her cheeks pink. After a few moments of silence, she eyed one of the two leftover mugs and then the carafe. “I think I will try the coffee. It won’t hurt, would it?”

"Oh, that girl! Of course she's down in the stables talking to our two other guests. Persia permitted them to stay overnight due to the tribe fights but they're supposed to be leaving some time this morning. I'd say she wants to satisfy her curiosity about them since we don't have much contact with the hoofed tribes"

Nabelin chuckled as she made a coffee for herself. “I can understand wanting to meet new people and go to new places. It can be fun and exciting, boring or just plain dangerous.” She took a sip of the cafe au lait that she made, and hummed in contentment. “While I can’t compare it to coffee back home, this I have to say, is good. Too bad the good doctor isn’t up to enjoy this.” She brought the crepe and coffee to the table and sat down with the rest of them so she could eat with them as well.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:43 pm
Incognita Ninja

Feline Tribe
Paw Paw Valley Village

Fria nodded at Desert "All right. I'll go up and get some of the clean clothes from the washing line. The morning sun and mountain air should have dried them by now, nya"

Fria squealed and clapped her hands when Desert agreed to let her brush her long, flowing locks. Fria enjoyed playing with people's hair. "Yay! And - no! Don't you dare cut that hair" she exclaimed with a gasp of mock horror. "If it's getting grasses, leaves and seeds caught in it, I'll teach you how to put it up so it's easier to manage" she said. "Don't worry, I have some sweet scented detangling spray in my room upstairs. I'll bring that down to help make it easier".

Fria hopped off the wooden stool and began to leave the stables. "I'll go get those clothes now. Be back in ten minutes" Fria exited the stables and took her time walking back up the carved stone stairs to the front yard, going to pick clothes off the washing line: a bra and panties and a blue linen dress for Desert Rose, and a white tunic tee and some three quarter pants for Blyds. Fria herself was wearing a pastel yellow lace up dress.

Shai munched down some purple, orange and yellow carrots, curious if the different colours yielded variations in flavour. They did, similar to how different types of sweet potato had varying sweetness and flavour. Shai's ears perked up and he pattered over to the sweet feed with enthusiasm, licking his lips. He nudged Natty and gave her a questioning look as the gem lit up, asking more or less 'should we eat this? Is it okay to take this?' before deciding he didn't care, he was starving. Shai made some high pitched croons and whistles when Natty buried her face in the feed, teasing her. He planted his face into the feed after a taste and munched away happily, though not with as much gusto as Natty. The good thing about this sweet feed is that it would give them long lasting energy for plenty of running and travelling. Shai swished and flicked Natty's flank lightly with his tail, trying to startle her for a laugh. He was a bit of a mischief maker.

The blue zinna sent wondering images of different terrains towards Natty, wondering where they were going to explore today, and what else was out there in Purri. He emoted questioning and curious feelings about whether they'd find other zinnas, monsters, or tribe folks. Shai bragged that he would protect Natty from any of the black lab monsters. Ten of them, in fact! He lifted his head high and puffed his chest out, gem on forehead glowing. He looked rather regal that way. Shai showed Natty an image of a crown on his head, then an image of a tiara on hers. "If I'm a prince, you're a princess" He then nipped playfully at her "Race ya!"

Hunter made a playful scoff at Nabel's reply. "Oh come on sweetie, you know the only allies the feline tribe has are more members of the feline tribe in different locations. You're not going to be attacked by your own kind. Can't shy away from the world just 'cause it's dangerous out there. There's gonna be guards and fighters protecting the group of youngsters. It's a part of village duties. The way the community works is by everykitty doing their part, and if you don't do your part, well that's not fair. It'll give you a chance to talk to the other kids your age, catch up with friends. You'll just be going the usual route; through the mountain pass to the feline tribe in the large forest" he said, "Shouldn't be too stressful. I'll send Admiral with you. Just take some pain medicine. I'm sure you don't want to stay at home alone all day and be bored"

Poppy cackled in amused glee at Nabelin's blush, her feline fangs showing. "Isn't that an excuse to get to know him more?" she asked, raising an eyebrow as she took a bite of her crepes, smirking and nudging the elf with her elbow in a playful manner. "Huh, huh?" she teased her quietly. "Your face seems to think so. What a blushing beauty!" Poppy teased. "You can't travel the world without getting to know one another. Snap him up quickly if you don't want to regret it later" She laughed a bit at Nabelin's attempt to distract from said topic. "Oh aye, the coffee's just fine. I'm drinking it and I haven't dropped dead yet" she grinned, picking up her cup and taking a large gulp. "Caffeine is good stuff"

Hunter nodded at Nabelin's words, looking at Nabel when he spoke. "That's the adventurer's spirit. Gotta keep a healthy amount of curiosity and an open mind. Keep learning, broaden your horizons" he said, waving an arm. "I WISH we could travel around the country and see some of the sights, go on holidays. But yeah, it can be pretty risky out there. But hey, life is exciting that way!" he grinned, sharing a happy glance with his wife. "Your mum and I travelled to the starry fields in our youth. Did you know golems and constructs live there?"

Poppy watch Nabelin taste the coffee she had made for herself. "Glad it tastes good to you. I can never drink it without plenty of cream and sugar" she smiled, ears flicking absentmindedly. "I'm planning on going on a trip to the jungle a bit away from here to snag more coffee and chocolate beans. But there are reptiles there. Dragons, lizards, dinosaurs...a volcano too!" She looked over at Kain and chuckled as a snore escaped him and he rolled over to hug his pillow, nuzzling his cheek on it. "Looks like he's having a good dream. Can only wonder what it's about" She winked at Nabelin.

Kain, in fact, was still dreaming about Nabelin, only this time he was hugging her and nuzzling her, and she was wearing a wedding dress. "Of course! I'll have you as my wife!" he shouted in the dream.  

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:30 pm
Meyaira Firespring

Feline Tribe
Paw Paw Valley Village

Desert looked at Blyds and sighed. "Well, where to after this? I can't remember if we were going to make it to the other Hoofed tribe lives, or not. As much as I appreciate Fria's hospitality, I don't want to anger the leader of the tribe by staying too long." She looked over a Blyds and a small smile appeared on her face.

"Though I suppose I could turn back and try to bite her." The small smile turned mischievous, and her eyes danced with light laughter. Turning back to the food, she started to eat again, but tried to savor it instead of wolfing it down.

Natty squealed when Shai flicked her flank; her head coming up so abruptly that it spilled the sweet feed everywhere. Looking at Shai, she shrilly whistled at him, scolding him for scaring her like that. When she got his images, she whistled back, telling that she didn't know. When Shai bragged of protecting her, she waggled her head to tell him that she didn't believe him. When he nipped her, Natty's gem glowed brightly as if to say "you're on!" Looking around, she took off towards the widest aisle, though she slowed down to see if Shai was following.

Nabel groaned, but playfully shoved at her father's arm. "I'll have to see what Dr Kain says. But if he clears me, then yes, I'll go with the others. Admiral too." Nabel winked at him, her blue eyes twinkling.

"I WISH we could travel around the country and see some of the sights, go on holidays"
Nabel sighed as she let her imagination roam. "That would be great, wouldn't it? Seeing all the different sights and maybe bring home a souvenir or two?"

Hearing the side door opening and closing, Nabel's ears twitched towards the sounds. "Fria! You're just in time! Mum made crepes and there's coffee as well!" Nabel spoke too loudly and then softly groaned when a small wave of pain went through. Her ears flattened, she looked at her parents and sheepishly smiled. "Heh, I forgot about volume control, didn't I?"

Nabelin continued to blush, her cheeks seemingly getting redder and redder. She took another sip of her coffee in a poor attempt to hide her red cheeks. "I will definitely see about that then, since I know of one who would take him if I didn't." She cut her eyes over to the sleeping doctor, and hummed to herself. Now that she thought about it properly, he did look cute with his bed head and the little trail of drool down his face. Looking back at the food, she gestured to the crepes.

"So, I've never seen this before; what is it, and how do you eat it?" Nabelin picked up a fork and gently poked one of the crepes that were sitting on the plate.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:19 am
Feline Tribe
Paw Paw Valley Village

Blyds sat up and swallowed the mouthful he was chewing. "Where to, hmm? I was thinking we ought to at least visit the wildgrass lands where most of the centaur folk live. If we don't like it, we can move on...but I am kind of hoping we could settle down there. We could take on jobs to earn our keep, build homes, do chores. I don't know what plans you have for the future but I just want somewhere safe where I can live in peace and enjoy nature" he thought about the tribe leader.

"Persia? That rude white fluffball that opened her door to tell us we belong in the barn, then shut it in our faces. Yeah, I want to stay away from her. Moving out of here as soon as we can would be the wisest option to avoid Miss Fluffy's wrath" He looked at Desert then back at his food, stabbing things around with his fork. He wanted to ask her something. "Desert, uh, I'm going to be blunt here...do you want a boyfriend? We haven't known each other long - I know!" he held up a hand, palm up, placating, "But...I don't want to settle down on my own. I'm used to having a tribe, a whole family, kin. And I don't know anyone in the wildgrass lands. We've been through a lot in the short time we've travelled and saved each other's hides. You got my back, I got yours. We could...continue on like that, if you're not averse to that idea"

He snorted in amusement at her suggestion of biting Persia "Dear gods no, don't bite her. We don't need more trouble than what's after us in this crazy world. She'd give us hell to pay, for sure!" They had to get out of here before Persia decided to start anything bad.

Shai made amused sounds at Natty's reaction to his tail-whip, obviously laughing as feed sprayed everywhere. He only laughed a bit more at her scolding. He bobbed his head in understanding at her reply of not knowing where they'd end up next.

Shai let out an indignant snort at Natty's disbelief to his claims, watching her waggle her head. Well, he'd just prove to her how strong and capable he was. He was a clever and smart Zinna. And strong. Don't forget that. And FAST. Faster than her. He snickered and chirped, making a few playful clicks at her acceptance of his dare. The zinna launched into flight in one fluid bound, chasing beside Natty up to the barn door. He undid the latch with his mouth and pushed out of the gate, racing out into the village. There were trashed buildings and weapons, litter everywhere. The place was a mess after the last battle. The sleek and swift zinna leapt over and dodged around things though. It was their very own obstacle course. A race track full of hazards.

Some of the cat folk who were repairing the place and helping tidy up their village, leapt back out of the way or stopped what they were doing to watch the two creatures racing about.

Hunter chuckled at his Siamese daughter's arm shove. "Hey, that's the spirit. I don't want you laying round home bored and lonely" he said, reaching up to pet Nabel's head and ears. "If Dr Kain says it's too soon, I'll give you some lighter duties to help down in the village with the other women" he said, scritching around the base of her ears, getting behind them. "But I know Admiral's fond of a certain blue eyed Siamese girl, and I think he'd enjoy the company"

Hunter nodded as he smiled, watching her sigh, "Yes indeed. There are so many interesting habitats in Purri. It's a bit of a wild mishmash. I can recall the beauty of those starry fields though. That's where I found a pretty rock for your mother's wedding ring. We never had it tested but I suspect it has some sort of power" He glanced at Poppy's ring - a pink translucent rock that was shaped like Japanese star candy - or 'konpeito'. It glowed faintly in the clasp of the precious metals woven around it.

Hunter looked around to see Fria walk in as Nabel greeted her.

Fria waved at her family members, shooting them a friendly smile. "I know, Nabel. But I don't have time to sit and eat. I have to talk to the visitors before they leave. I think the antelope faun and the pegasus are only gonna be here for a short time. I'm just here to grab some clothes and a hairbrush and my detangle spray" she said, "And some hair ties. Desert Rose is letting me brush and style her hair. Plus, they need showers and fresh clothes. And then I bet they'll leave". She petted Nabel's head gently as she walked past her sister, "Yeah little sis, inside voices. Don't make your concussion worse" she said gently, padding off to their bedrooms, "Dr Kain left you some medicine. It's on the kitchen counter" she reminded her "Take it for the headache"

Poppy purred and giggled softly, patting the embarrassed Nabelin's arm "It's all right, I'm only teasing you, love. Gets a good reaction" she laughed, "But you're right - Persia wants to get her claws into him, has so for a while" she grinned, shaking her head. "That diva doesn't deserve him. He's too good for her. She'd run that boy ragged. Persia can be very full on, and a bit exhausting. I just...see how sweet and gentle he is. He's a good soul...plus he's a doctor, that's a position of prestige. Most doctors are considerably older when they graduate medical school. It's pretty rare for a cute, young one to still be unmarried, or not have a romantic partner"

She munched on her breakfast neatly. "This? Oh, they're thin pancakes called crepes. You can roll up the fruit and cream filling in it like it's a scroll and eat it from one end, or you can cut pieces off and eat them, whichever way you find easiest. I personally enjoy rolling it up then cutting it into sections" she said, eating another section of crepe stuffed with berries and cream.

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Main Role Play Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas