Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Main Forum
I'm back! (it's kstahl55, changed my name)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BallisticBallerina
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:24 pm
Hello everyone!, (it's kstahl55, I changed my name) no idea how active this guild is anymore, but I'm back! Not much new has happened in my life I suppose, been dancing like usual smile Got on the waiting list for the summer intensive I wanted to go to, hopefully I'll get in!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:45 pm
It's all sad and lonely in here recently sad  

Twitchums_1
Crew

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

BallisticBallerina
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:22 pm
Twitchums_1
It's all sad and lonely in here recently sad

Oh no! D: I guess I'm too late... how's ballet been going for you? Anything exciting happen recently?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:12 pm
Nothing more than the fact that after a two year break (college) I've been able to take classes for the past six months while on internship ^.^ Going back to school next month, so that'll be the end of that....but oh well things happen. You?  

Twitchums_1
Crew

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

BallisticBallerina
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:31 am
Twitchums_1
Nothing more than the fact that after a two year break (college) I've been able to take classes for the past six months while on internship ^.^ Going back to school next month, so that'll be the end of that....but oh well things happen. You?

Still taking classes, took modern for a year but it conflicted with ballet the next year so I had to quit. I wanna try it again if possible though. I decided I'm probably never going to dance professionally. I love ballet, but I don't think that kind of lifestyle is what I want in life, and I'm definitely not good enough to get into a company sooooooo yeah. I'm definitely gonna try and take classes all the time though.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:20 pm
BallisticBallerina
Twitchums_1

Still taking classes, took modern for a year but it conflicted with ballet the next year so I had to quit. I wanna try it again if possible though. I decided I'm probably never going to dance professionally. I love ballet, but I don't think that kind of lifestyle is what I want in life, and I'm definitely not good enough to get into a company sooooooo yeah. I'm definitely gonna try and take classes all the time though.

Hey you can go pro or semi-pro it doesn't take too much to make it into even say the chorus. But yeah I know the feeling.  

Twitchums_1
Crew

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

BallisticBallerina
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:58 pm
Twitchums_1
BallisticBallerina
Twitchums_1

Hey you can go pro or semi-pro it doesn't take too much to make it into even say the chorus. But yeah I know the feeling.

What's semi-pro? smile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:20 pm
BallisticBallerina
Twitchums_1
BallisticBallerina
Twitchums_1

What's semi-pro? smile

Like....there are companies that do productions, but they aren't professional, but they're still really good and you have to try out to get in on the production. But just because you're in one production does not necessarily mean you'll be in the next. (so no prima or anything, best dancer for the part gets it)  

Twitchums_1
Crew

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

BallisticBallerina
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:31 pm
Twitchums_1
BallisticBallerina
Twitchums_1
BallisticBallerina
Twitchums_1

What's semi-pro? smile

Like....there are companies that do productions, but they aren't professional, but they're still really good and you have to try out to get in on the production. But just because you're in one production does not necessarily mean you'll be in the next. (so no prima or anything, best dancer for the part gets it)

That sounds really interesting actually. I think I'll start looking around for companies in my area that do this smile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:37 pm
BallisticBallerina
That sounds really interesting actually. I think I'll start looking around for companies in my area that do this smile

I know it's tons of fun, that's how I used to do all my other productions (granted I was lucky and part of the dance studio that started the ballet company sweatdrop ). But it was tons of fun and we did 2 productions a year. Nutcracker in December and another in April. While I was there we managed to do Cinderella, Coppelia, Midsummer Night's Dream, Snow Queen, and Snow White.  

Twitchums_1
Crew

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items