Welcome to Gaia! ::

Purri Paradise!

Back to Guilds

A fantasy roleplaying guild based on a made up world and creatures. 

Tags: Neko, Fantasy, Roleplay, Sci-Fi, Lifestyle 

Reply Main Role Play Forum
RP Areas for Hoofed Tribe - 11. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:01 pm
Meyaira Firespring

Large Forest – Borders of Feline Tribe

Eralin nodded at what she said about his sister. “I am glad really. Being separated from her, I’ve never really realized how much I depended on her.” He helped her bottle up the water and after they did so, he cupped his hands and splashed some on his face.

Getting a bright idea, he cupped a small amount of water in his hands and threw it at Peri. When it her startled face, he laughed. His laughter wasn’t the tinkling of bells, but more like a musical tenor of sorts. Looking at the sky, he sighed and looked back at Peridot.

“Well Peri, should we continue on our way then before its dark? If we increase our pace slightly, we might just reach the hoof tribe before too long.” He reached out his hand and pulled her up, blushing slightly when she bumped against his body.

“Uh, I guess I pulled a little too hard. Sorry about that.” He let her go almost as quickly and turned around in the direction that they were going, hiding his deepening blush from her.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:35 pm
Incognita Ninja

Large Forest – Hoofed Tribe

Peridot nodded at his words. "It is nice to be able to depend on family or friends. I hope we find her soon for you"

She shrieked when he splashed her with water but then laughed. "Hey!" she protested, sounding playful. "You think that's funny? The water is freezing!" she protested "It's the beginning of winter already you know"

She wiped the wetness off her face and neck as best she could and looked at him "Yes please. I don't like the dark. And we're out in the forest, a lot of creatures could live out here" She squeaked when he helped her stand up and pulled a bit too hard, causing her to bump into him. Peridot gave an embarrassed laugh, brushing herself off "It's okay, really. Thank you for helping me up" she said. "I'm kind of a lightweight. I guess now you know"

Although he'd picked her up before so he should know that. Ah well, mistakes happen. Peridot followed Eralin, quickening her pace. She was clumsy, tripping on bumpy ground, the sounds of crushing leaves and snapping twigs from her boots. She wanted to hurry to the hoofed tribe before monsters came out. There were all sorts of sounds echoing around the forest; growls, squeaks, howls, snuffling, rustling, footsteps. It was a very active forest, home to a lot of wildlife.

Peridot thought she heard something approaching from the trees to their right as they walked. It sounded like it was always in the trees next to them, yet it wouldn't come out. "Eralin" Peridot whispered, "Something's following us" She then let out a scream as she tripped one of the booby traps around the hoofed tribe's borders and was captured in a net, which left her hanging upside down.

At that point a whole group of green forest Gnolls came out of the forest, growling and yipping.

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Viper 9000

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:13 pm
Dawn flails at the square in Bess' hand but falls over giggling happily as her belly is poked. Satisfied with her new position, Dawn stayed where she was on the floor and began sucking her thumb, slowly drifting to sleep as she did.

Noon eyes the teething ring and with barely noticeable shrug, stops eating the leg and instead beginning gnawing at the rubber ring while Bess motored her legs about.

Dusk settled into Bess' lap and stared at the book for a moment. Seeing the big red apple, he face planted the page and tried licking it.

Midnight breathed a deep as they stepped out in the crisp afternoon air. While she loved their children dearly, it was nice to get some time away from them again. Morning seemed to share these thoughts as he quickly planted a kiss on Midnight's cheek. "Come on you loveable lug, lets get to this meeting with Kilcarn then we can relax and unwind a bit." She says, booping her lover on the nose. "As you wish..." Morning replied, his arm around Midnight's shoulders and they headed deeper into the village towards Kilcarn's lodging.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:35 am
Viper 9000

Bess chuckled at Dawn's falling over in response to the pokes. The baby's laughter was like sunlight on a cloudy day, it brightened the whole room. She watched her start sucking her thumb and blinking sleepily before drifting off. The blanket underneath her was soft so Bess decided to leave her there. She grabbed a C shaped baby pillow and placed it under Dawn's head. Baby's heads were delicate and much softer in places than an adult's. She grabbed a little blanket and tucked it over Bess, patting her chest and tummy gently before she turned back to the siblings.

Bess had never seen a baby shrug. Where would they even learn how to do that? But Noon did seem to make an attempt at the motion regardless. Odd. She hoped Noon would gift the cabin with more delightful laughter as she helped her kick her legs, but Noon remained quiet, chewing on the rusk. It was a hard biscuit stick made for babies. It was short and wide and very tasty with a vanilla and shortbread sort of flavour. Made of crushed grains (wheat flour, rice flour, potato flour, creamed oats etc.) with added vitamins. It could hold up to a good gnawing yet the bits that were gnawed off were nutritious and tasted nice.

While Noon was occupied with that, she had turned her attention back to Dusk. The baby boy was seated in her lap and they were reading a story. Or, trying to anyway. She laughed when he leaned forwards and faceplanted on the thick card page, then started licking it. "Ahaha~! Dusk! Oh gosh, well I can't really tell you not to eat it 'cause you've got the right idea" she chuckled. She helped pull him back from the page and sit up, his back leaning against her front. She reached out to wipe Dusk's saliva off the page with the sleeve of her outfit."You know what an apple is, yes you do!" she cooed brightly at the baby, bouncing him gently on her lap a few times.

"You wanna try another page? I think we're gonna get stuck on A" she joked. She turned the page. "Look at this...B!" she picked up the book again and held it in front of him with the pages open. "B is for Bunny. B...B...B!" she repeated the letter. "B is for...Butterfly. B is for...Beetle. And B...is for...Ball!" she pointed to all the simple, bright coloured pictures on the next page. She paused "Dusk, do you have a ball? Where's the ball?" she asked him, tapping the picture of the ball on the page, trying to prompt him to notice the soft round ball on the play blanket. It was made of soft multicoloured rainbow fabric with a box inside that held a small jingle bell.

Kilcarn was expecting the couple. He had already prepared drinks and snacks for them (spicy vegetable soup to warm their bodies, warm sticky date pudding with hot caramel sauce, rice pudding, coffee, jasmine tea), as well as seating places; big comfy cushion piles around the low table. There was a comfortable fire in the living room hearth where people came to meet with the leader and discuss tribe issues. He was sitting with his wings closely folded against the cold air. He was wearing light green and grey robes lined with the softest of fleece. His long white hair was left out to fall around his shoulders. His grass green eyes looked peaceful and warm. The unicorn horn poking from his forehead sparkled and shone. He kept it well polished. He had a notepad, pencil and paper as well as some scrolls with writing on them and a map of Purri.

He heard the two bear folk entering the house and smiled. He was looking forward to speaking with them. He knew the attitudes of most of the villagers to the couple and their children, but he also knew they were good people and that most of his folk's fears were unnecessary. "Please, come in. I am in here" he called out softly, directing the couple towards the centre of the house where the living room was.

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Viper 9000

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:52 pm
Meyaira Firespring

Dawn snuggled deeper into her new nest of pillow and blankets, sighing contently as she drifted off to sleep.

In short order Noon was happily drooling all over herself. She didn't have the teeth or jaw strength to power through the food cube but that didn't stop her from trying to gum the yummy treat.

Dusk babbled and gurgled happily in Bess' lap as she bounced him but returned his attention to the book when she continued pointing things out. His mental check list was short but he was able to point out bunnies and butterflies as something he'd seen and he'd stepped on a couple beetles during his time outside. Now that thing... he'd seen one of those before too... He toppled out of Bess' lap and crawled across the room towards the pile of toys. Sorting through the pile he triumphantly held up the circle shape from shape game instead of the ball.

Helping Midnight shrug off her jacket, Morning paused to clean the muck from his boots before entering the house and likewise shrugging off his own jacket and setting them aside. "Something smells good..." Midnight comments, her keen hearing guiding her towards Kilcarn's meeting room. Observing the spread on the table she smiled. "I guess that throws our lunch plans out the window..." Morning followed a couple steps behind. "Shame but this looks just as yummy. How are you this morning Kilcarn?" Morning steps forward and offers the alicorn a handshake while Midnight settled into the left-most chair.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:27 pm
Viper 9000

Bess kept an eye on the sleeping Dawn, glancing over at her from time to time. No doubt when she woke up, she'd want to crawl about and play some more. Or maybe just cuddle but that seemed more of a Noon thing. Dawn seemed to be the most physically active of the three, Bess couldn't see her sitting still for long. She anticipated being pulled in three separate directions once Dawn and Dusk each got distracted with different things and Noon just quietly needed attention.

Bess dug in the triplets' diaper bag and pulled out a cloth bib, using it to wipe off some of Noon's drool from her hands and face before fastening it around her neck so she wouldn't soak her clothes with saliva. She grabbed up some other teething toys and offered them to the quiet one, in case she got bored of the rusk. Her gums were probably enjoying the massage of teething on something that would help ease pain and encourage new teeth to come through.

And with the two girls satisfied for the time being, her attention went back to the charming rogue in the making. She giggled as he enjoyed being bounced. Then they were back to reading together and boy that was fun. Dusk sure was a chatterbox for not knowing proper language yet. She hoped his babbling wouldn't wake up his sleeping sister but Dawn could sleep like a rock when she was tired so she wasn't too worried about it. She was surprised when Dusk responded to her speech and pointed out bunnies, butterflies and beetles whenever prompted. Oh, he was smart! She'd have to let Midnight and Morning know that Dusk was already picking up the basics of linking sounds and words to objects. At his age, it was no less than genius. She watched him topple out of her lap and go searching after he'd been shown the ball in the book. He sorted through the toys spread across the play area and held up a circle shape from the shape sorter. "Well, that's not a ball but it is round. Good try, Dusk! You were so close" She put the open book aside and crawled forwards, grabbing up the rainbow ball and holding it out to him. "This is a ball. Ball" she said, shaking it so the bell inside jingled. "Hey, wanna catch?" she asked playfully, getting an idea. She shuffled back a short distance before rolling the ball towards Dusk. It jingled over and landed against his leg. "Get it Dusk! Ball!" Bess cheered, though not too loud since Dawn was still sleeping. "Can you roll it back to me?" she opened her hands and patted the space in front of her. "Come on, roll the ball".

Kilcarn heard their footsteps through the house and heard Midnight talking to her mate as they approached the meeting room. "Oh, I'm sorry if I've ruined your lunch plans. My apologies. It is good to see you both. It's been some time since we've spoken to each other" he said calmly. "I've been busy trying to keep the tribe safe from other tribes and lab monsters and make sure this place runs smoothly. It's a full time job" he chuckled softly. "People have been petitioning me to get rid of you but I haven't agreed to their wishes"

He looked up at Morning when spoken to and shook his hand with a genuine smile. "Oh, I'm doing well, thank you. I don't really like the cold much but I appreciate how cosy my home becomes instead. It's good to have guests. I usually am so busy speaking to my kinfolk and sorting their issues for them that I don't often see you,although I'm aware of your presence. Are you all in good health? How goes the triplets? You're probably both glad to have some time together for a change, am I right?"

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:48 pm
Meyaira Firespring

Eralin whirled around, a knife at the ready. He made his way back to Peridot in the net, and turned around in time to see the gnolls coming towards them. He kept a knife pointed at them, fear quickly passing through his eyes.

"Hold on, we're just travelers. We're looking for a village so that we can find horses to ride. Please, let my friend down. We mean you no harm." He dropped his knife, even moving to put it away while not losing eye contact with the gnolls.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:45 pm
Incognita Ninja

Peridot struggled in the rope net. It was uncomfortable and full of leaves. the ropes were rough and hard, pressing against her with their bulk and knots. She fumbled for the small knife in her twin crossed leather belts and pulled it out, starting to saw at the thick and dense ropes. After a couple of moments she gave up. "This knife is too small to cut through these ropes, Eralin! It's going to take me forever" she informed her traveling companion. Then she saw the Gnolls and gasped in fright. "Ahh! What are those things?!" she yelled.

She was glad Eralin was armed with his knife. These creatures didn't look friendly. That must have been what was following them in the trees to the right of the trail this whole time.

One of the gnolls growled and yipped, stepping forwards threateningly as it raised a spiked wooden club. "Filthy humans. Travellers! We not care about that! Give us all your gold and weapons, now! You look tasty! The gnoll clan will make a good meal out of you. Many mouths to feed, in Gnoll Clan!" he shouted, shaking the club as the rest of the gnolls yipped, growled, cheered and licked their lips.

"Food, food!" they chanted.

Their leader, Ulfnog, pointed at the elf and human "Get them!" The gnolls charged forwards, growling and barking, when suddenly, arrows began to rain down, stabbing some of the gnolls and causing them to fall to the ground, injured. Hoofed tribe members were in the trees, armed with bows and crossbows, shooting at the pesky intruders.

"Not the gnoll clan again! We told you guys to stay out of our tribe! What are you doing near our borders? Filthy scum!"

The gnolls yelped and shouted as they scattered, running away from the rain of arrows.

One of the hoofed tribe villagers stepped towards Eralin and pointed up at the net "That was one of our traps. We set traps on our borders to waylay anyone trying to get in. Aggressive tribesfolk, monsters, and the gnoll clan. Technically they should be part of the Canine tribe but they lived in this land before it existed and they like to keep to themselves and do things their own way. Only gnolls are allowed into their clan and if you're not a gnoll, you're used for food and supplies"

He went to a tree and reached into the thick leaves, finding the hidden rope and cutting it. The net fell from the tree and Peridot landed on the ground with a yell. "Oof!" she said as she made contact with the earth. "Thanks...I think" she said, rubbing her sore backside. Fortunately the backpack she was wearing had somewhat cushioned her fall as she landed mostly on it.

The deer fawn that had helped them looked at the two while his comrades kept watch over the borders in case the gnolls tried to come back. "I heard you say you're looking for horses. We do keep horses. This is the hoofed tribe, and you are on our borders" he walked to the net and tugged a particular knot, causing the net to fall apart with one tug so Peridot could be free.

He turned to Eralin. "What is an elf and a human girl doing out here? It's dangerous to travel these parts. Since it's not safe here, you can follow me into the Hoofed Tribe village but I will need to take you straight to our leader, Kilcarn. You can ask him about horses, and work out an agreement but I doubt he will let you stay with us for long"

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Viper 9000

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:11 pm
Meyaira Firespring

Noon paused and stared at her new bib in quiet confusion for a moment but quickly lost interest and carried on gnawing at the rusk in her grasp.

Still holding the circle shape, Dusk fumbled at the ball till it was in his lap and then he stared down the two objects trying figure out their differences. Popping the circle shape in his mouth and holding it there, he collected the ball in his hands and bounced it back towards Bess.

----------------

"It is certainly a breath of fresh air having some time to our selves once again." Midnight answered. "We're all in good health, the triplets are tumbling around the house happy as could be. Bess is watching them for us at the moment. Morning was hired by local craftsman to help collect wood when we went looking for more toys for the babies."  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:41 pm
Viper 9000

With Noon happily occupied and Dawn sleeping, she could focus all her attention on Dusk. The baby genius. She watched him, curious to see what he'd do next. He clumsily got the ball into his lap then seemed to get confused. He looked as though he was trying to work something out. Everything was new to him, so round things being different was a new concept too.

Bess smiled when he stuck the circle shape in his mouth, managed to make his clumsy hands hold the ball and then bounce it back towards her. It was made of fabric so it didn't really bounce very well or very much, but it rolled the rest of the way to rest beside her right calf muscle. "Yeah, you got it! Nice throw" she complimented him.

Bess tossed it towards him again, this time not rolling it but throwing it through the air. It landed with a sharp tinkle noise as the bell inside was jarred. "Catch!" Playing a few rounds of ball was all right. At least she was keeping him out of mischief. She hoped he didn't try throwing the hard circle shape currently in his mouth because that would probably hurt if it hit her. Throwing balls inside the house was kind of a bad idea but with the ball being soft and not able to be thrown very far, she was pretty sure they wouldn't break anything.

She wasn't content to leave Noon to do her own thing too long. She knew kids needed stimulation to help their growing brains so she thought of a couple of games she could play with someone who couldn't say their own name yet. Peek-a-boo, this little piggy, round and round the garden, funny faces and silly noises...

She wanted to test what kind of reactions she could get from the quietest and meekest triplet. What her response to different stimuli was. Babies were fun playthings, you never really knew what they were going to do. Bess kind of worried that Noon could be forgotten and overlooked due to her more active and noisy siblings diverting all the attention to them. This could be useful for the girl, but also lonely. So she was going to make an effort to make sure Noon was included.

----------------

Kilcarn nodded understandingly, sipping politely at his tea. "I'm sure they keep you as busy as my clanmates keep me" he smiled. "Sometimes I feel as though they are all my children" he sighed and brushed a hand through his hair. They could be troublesome children at times that tested his patience and pushed the limits.

He put his tea cup down and folded his hands neatly in his lap, toying with a ring on his finger. He cocked his head slightly to the side as he listened to Midnight speak, wearing a patient and calm look with a faint smile. "That's good to hear. I know living out on the edge of our territory is more perilous than living in the more central areas but despite the higher risks, it's also more private and gives you more freedom to do as you wish out of scrutiny of other villagers. It was really the only way I could accommodate you all peacefully without upsetting the balance here" he said.

"Naturally, my folk have an innate fear of predators and carnivores, that sometimes overrides their sense of reason and logic. They're worried if you're allowed to stay and flourish here, others will come... And they're also concerned that the young ones may not be able to control their primal animal urges as two practiced adults have learned how to and that someone is going to get a chunk taken out of them" he chuckled again to himself as though amused by the idea. He could understand their fears but it was a little funny how afraid they were of month-old babies. Besides, he'd never let that happen.

"Bess is watching them, you say? Hm. That doesn't surprise me. I know she's a fast friend of you both. I suspect she feels responsible for your reception and daily life here since she had a hand in bringing you to us, and is also bound by duty to the tribe. If she didn't watch over them, I doubt many others would take her place. But she's very loyal, very dedicated. I'm pleased with her efforts and examples to the rest of the tribe. She's rubbing plenty of people's fur up the wrong way but because of her reputation, they trust her"

He gained a look of recognition when Midnight told him Morning was hired on for lumberjacking. "Ah yes, that's old Johann. He's quite an amenable fellow. Provides most of the furniture and fittings for people around here. I can see why he'd want to hire you on. Gathering and shaping lumber is hard work that needs strong muscle. You're carving out places for yourself amongst the tribe it would seem. Still, though, I must ask you, what are your plans for the future? While I have no qualms about letting you stay here for as long as necessary, I must do what is best for my tribe. I cannot let you remain here indefinitely despite my personal feelings towards you all"

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Viper 9000

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:36 pm
Meyaira Firespring

Picking up the ball upon its return, Dusk shook it, producing yet more of the jiggly noise and dropping the circle shape he'd been nibbling on. He squished and squashed the ball trying to find the bell after a couple seconds of failing to do so, he fumbled it back in Bess' direction, knocking himself on his back as he completed his poor throw.

-------------------

"No more perilous than wandering the countryside heavily pregnant." Midnight adds with a smirk. "I'm just glad to have a place to call home once more so thank you for all you've done." Morning shadows his mate's approval with a nod of his own.

Midnight's smirk falters slightly as Kilcarn points out biting... She hadn't even thought about discouraging biting. She'll have to remember that when they returned home. "Surely with Bess' upstanding reputation and her returning from baby sitting time and time again with no harm done, that will help improve people's mood as well?"

Morning scratches his head. "I honestly haven't given much thought to long term plans for a while... I've been so focused on the babies well being." Midnight blushes slightly. "I'm similarly guilty but I pondering how many more children I would want following our troubles with these three..." Morning gags and coughs into his tea at Midnight's words. He'd been completely out of the loop regarding MORE children.

Giving Morning a firm pat on the back, Midnight looked across the table at Kilcarn. "Do you have something in mind that needs doing? I mean both of us have done our fair share of wandering and are fairly comfortable in nature..."  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:03 pm
Viper 9000

Bess watched him with a grin as he shook the ball to hear the tinkling sounds it made and then tried squishing it around to get to the sound maker. "Hey, you're smart. You know there's a bell inside it, don't you?" she asked the baby shapeshifter, not expecting an answer. "You're not supposed to take that out, naughty boy!"

She opened her hands to catch the ball when he clumsily tossed it her way, and managed to catch it while laughing as Dusk fell onto his back. "Oops! You fell down!" she called out playfully. "Can you get back up? Let's see...come on, you can do it!" If he started crying or fussing she'd help him but she wanted to see if he could do it by himself. He could roll over and sit up again, or try to do sit ups in attempts to rise from the floor.

She turned to check on sleeping Dawn and gnawing Noon, "Hey Noon, look! Ball!" she shook the bright, colourful object within Noon's field of vision.

"Ball!" she repeated again "You like the pretty colours? This BALL is noisy!" she said, putting emphasis on the name of the object. She doubted the infant would speak but it didn't hurt to start teaching them early. She hoped Noon liked the jingling noise of the bell inside the fabric toy. Some babies made hilarious faces of surprise and confusion on hearing or seeing new things. Watching their expressions change was very amusing.

-------------------

Kilcarn nodded "Indeed, my lady! But it will be more challenging to protect your children, now that they are outside of the safety of your body. I am sure you already know this but you must always be on the lookout for monsters, other tribesfolk and wild creatures. Never leave your children outside the house unattended" he warned. "I can't say what the lab's black monsters would do but likely they would eat them. And people can be sneaky and try to break into your house. Anything can happen. Also, fighting intruders near the house could be dangerous for the little ones"

He looked at Morning "It was my pleasure to help, as much as I could...I'm sorry I can't be of more permanent assistance to you but I'll gladly supply resources and anything else to help you with your decisions going forward" he offered kindly "I consider you as friends, as do some of my folk"

He pointed out biting and saw Midnight's smile slip. "Well, yes, that would be the desired outcome. But there's no guarantee they wouldn't try something like that, even on Bess. If she gets hurt, people will notice, even if it is an accident. But I'm sure that Bess will do her utmost to keep the peace and make sure things go smoothly, even down to hiding any injuries. Then again, that's not to say they won't bite someone when they're angry or bite a stranger out of fear or instinct...just be careful. Train them as soon as possible in how to contro their animal urges and shape shift abilities"

Talk switched to long term plans. He nodded at Morning's words. "That's understandable, as they are still so young. But I think it would be wise to plan for the future, even just to talk about ideas or future goals" he stated.

His gaze traveled back to Midnight "I don't mean to be rude but I don't think the tribe would take it well if you were to have more children willingly while during your stay here, or to let your current ones grow up here for too long. You cannot remain long term as it will cause too many problems for you and for us. If you wish to have a large family, I would suggest finding somewhere that's more suitable for everyone to live and feel welcomed and at home, not like outsiders on the borders of someone's private property. Maybe you could make a place or a group where everyone is welcome, no matter what tribe they come from...that could even become the eventual revolution for this world. Or just carve out a place for your family alone to dwell and claim some territory as your own"

"For now, we should eat. Please help yourselves to the food" he said, taking a plate for himself and beginning to load food onto it. "There are always plenty of things the tribe needs done. Morning is going to help Johann with our supply of wood for building and crafting, but the farms of crops always need tending and watering, the fields need ploughing, washing at the laundry needs to be done, snow needs to be shovelled from trails and roads, food supplies need to be gathered....you could go on a mission to recover some more medical supplies for M'rala, she's always in need of more" he suggested.

"Aside from village duties, however, what I really want is for someone to help form a revolution. To make a group where tribe and race don't matter. Where kindness and goodness of heart are what matters most. To eventually rise up together and unite all the tribes, so we can overthrow those who used us as toys for their entertainment"

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Viper 9000

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:57 pm
Meyaira Firespring

Dusk flails about on the floor for a few seconds before managing to flip himself onto his belly. While that hadn't been his goal, he seemed happy with the results and giggled baby gibberish into floor while waving his arms and legs like he was making a snow angel.

Noon's eyes dilate like a cats as the colorful ball suddenly appears in her sight. She closes her mouth on the toy in her grasp but her eyes shift colors from their normal icy blue to match the ball's orange and yellow by turning an amber color. Her attention now hyper-focused on the ball.

-----------------------

Midnight takes this information to heart. "I wasn't able to shift fully till my pre-teen years but thank you for the warning. I will talk to the babies about their biting while spending time with them." Her wishes for an even larger family put aside by Kilcarn's words, Midnight turns her attention to the food on the table.

"That seems like a lofty goal..." Morning replies at the mention of a revolution before the light bulb in his head clicks on. "Wait, you want us to be the start of a revolution? I mean sure... we owe you that much but how? I means there's five of us and three of those are babies..."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:00 am
Viper 9000

Bess glanced back over her shoulder to make sure Dusk got himself up all right. "Nice try". She giggled at the pose he ended up in and what he was doing. "I'll help you up in a minute" she told him, "keep talking to the floor. Noon's doing something...".

She turned back to Noon to notice the baby's eyes change as she stared up at the ball the woman held above her. Bess very slowly turned it around in her hands, showing Noon the different colours. "Red and yellow and pink and green, purple and orange and blue" she quietly sang the rainbow song..."I can sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow too..."

She then shook the ball very slightly, making the bell inside jingle. "Ohh, what's that noise? Do you know?" she asked very softly, so as not to startle the baby. She herself made a face of wondering as she shook it again. She wasn't sure what Noon's eyes were doing but suspected it was magic related.

"That is a very cool trick" she told Noon. Startling someone who couldn't control their powers yet was not a good idea. "Do you want to feel it?" she asked Noon, bringing the ball down into the girl's tiny hands. She held it in place, so Noon could touch it if she wanted to. "Soft, huh? It's a BALL"

"Roll over, Dusk" she called back over her shoulder softly to the baby boy who was still face down waving his arms and legs. "Roly poly, roll onto your back..." She hoped he didn't start crying. She'd get to him as soon as she was sure Noon wasn't going to be upset or something. Bess refused to make any sudden movements or loud sounds. "Do your parents know you can do that?" she asked Noon, amused.

-----------------------

"Ah. I see... Be that as it may, you and your mate are both were-creatures. Perhaps the young ones will take after you and develop their shape-shifting later but it's possible their development could be different. There's a lot of unknowns. We can't take the risk. Either way, I thank you for agreeing to take responsibility and make sure to keep peace on both sides where possible" he smiled with a look of gratitude, politely eating his food.

He felt rather bad about dissuading them from having more children and raising their current family in the hoofed tribe. But he knew that conflict would have an opportunity to happen if they weren't all careful. Kilcarn was aware that the other hoofed tribe leaders, the one in the Savannah and the other in the rolling hills to the North of the large forest, would be keeping watch on their neighboring tribe. He didn't want them breathing down his neck and questioning his leadership because of allowing carnivores to stay. Or any visiting members from the other hoofed tribe locations causing trouble for the werebears.

The pegacorn shuffled his wings slightly as he turned gracefully to focus on Morning. "It is..." he agreed about his goal being lofty. "Well...I am searching for people to be the ones to lead the revolution. I don't mean to say that you have to do it. But you are strong, young, fit, smart and not tied down to any tribe, so I am hopeful, wistful even...the people need someone of good heart to follow. As for owing me...please don't feel as though you are indebted. I am content to let you go free from here without repaying us. You are friends, after all" he smiled.

He poked his food around his plate somewhat, considering Morning's words about three of their group being babies.

"Yes, that is an issue that could complicate matters. It's very hard to be patient but I fear we must do so until your children are old enough to understand instructions and obey them to stay safe while left at home on their own, or allowed to travel with you on adventures. Yet, I think I know of something that could help us make a move sooner"

He pulled out an orb from his robes. It looked like a glass marble with crystallised green stuff and swirls in the middle of the clear ball. "These orbs. There is one for every tribe. It is said that whoever collects all of them will be given power over every tribe and the entire land, including the scientists and their monsters. There are 12 distinct tribes. This means there are 12 of the orbs. I heard rumours about the locations of a few. I will give this to you, Morning" he withdrew a fine necklace and held it up between his fingers. Kilcarn made a deft movement of his wrist and the crystal orb shrunk to the size of a pea, ending up between the pegacorn's thumb and forefinger. He gently attached it to one of the silver settings on the chain where it magically fused on and could not be removed without the right spell.

"This necklace is made of Elvish mithril and has a powerful invisibility enchantment upon it. Whoever wears it will be able to see it clearly upon their person, yet it will be invisible to everyone else" he said. "It also has a spell of un-breaking. I had it commissioned in secret. Some other tribe leaders know of the orbs and are seeking them to gain ultimate power, they have made their own items to contain them all. I can give you information about the whereabouts of each orb and you both can take turns going out and retrieving each one, leaving one of you to watch your babies. And I will send Bess, Riven and anyone else to help alongside the one on the dangerous mission". He paused. "I must warn you though....the one to possess all 12 orbs will gain godlike status and power. That is why I wanted someone of pure heart. Power can easily corrupt" he said. "Can I ask you to do this?" he looked at them searchingly, almost beseeching.

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Viper 9000

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:15 pm
Meyaira Firespring

(Oooo secret mission... I'm tempted to have Midnight claim the necklace and make Morning be the stay-at-home dad... It would also add another layer of complexity to things if Midnight set out on this adventure and ends up pregnant again before leaving...)

Dusk gurgles happily and continues doing just that. At least the floor around their play area was pretty clean, cause he appeared to be licking it.

Noon's eyes remain a deep amber and locked on the ball. She eagerly accepts the ball when its offered to her. Her small hands struggle to grasp it at first but she manages to balance it on her chest, her eyes seeming to look through the ball itself as if she was trying to find the bell within.

Dusk rolls over without issue, now slightly wet and slimy with his own drool.

--------------------

Morning accepts the strange bead and admires its craftsmanship for a moment before handing it over to Midnight. "So that orb is the orb of the hoofed tribes, all factions of it? Do they do anything by themselves or do you need all 12 before they are capable of anything?"  
Main Role Play Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff