Welcome to Gaia! ::

Purri Paradise!

Back to Guilds

A fantasy roleplaying guild based on a made up world and creatures. 

Tags: Neko, Fantasy, Roleplay, Sci-Fi, Lifestyle 

Reply Main Role Play Forum
RP Areas for Hoofed Tribe - 11. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:21 pm
She nodded at Midnight’s requests, smiling at her words towards their village, “As you wish. I’m amazed at your stamina. If my arm had looked like that I’d probably be in agony right now” Bess replied, sounding impressed. “You must have a high pain threshold or something. That’s lucky with all the monsters running around” she chattered on with a small grin. “They seem to have spread all throughout Purri now”

Passing under a banner with a healer’s symbol printed on it, they entered a roomy house with all manner of dried herbs hanging in fragrant bunches from the walls and ceiling. There were also shelves of potions, lotions, bandages and instruments. “Mrala, are you in? I’ve brought a visitor for you” Bess called, ringing a tiny bell by the front door.

“I’m in, come through to the back rooms” sang a voice back to them, and Midnight would have been able to hear clearly the sounds of hooves clip-clopping about the wooden floors.

Crouching on the log and turning the map this way and that, Morning narrowed bi-coloured eyes at it with a frown and a huff. "Stupid map! This this looks like a toddler drew it"

The dense stickiness of the atmosphere and the manky gases fuming around were not making his concentration any clearer. In fact, he could have sworn the whining of all of those insects was getting louder and more annoying by the minute. Wait a second...it was getting louder. Morning leapt off his log just as a spiked tail stabbed towards him, a cloud of flying insect-creatures with sharp and pointy parts having approached while he was off guard. "Take that!" he swatted at one of them with the map, sending it splatting onto the log with a crunch.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:06 pm
PrincessHoneyBlossom357

"Survival of the fittest," Midnight commented, her long legs easily keeping pace with Bess despite her pregnant waddle. "Children of my village are trained from a young age to defend themselves and roll with the punches. Hardly fitting for a were-creature as powerful as a bear to be laid out by one good blow..."

Dodging and weaving through the jungle of dried and drying herbs hanging from the ceiling, Midnight followed Bess deeper into the shaman/medic's abode, careful not to upset any shelves or potions as she squeezed her pregnant bulk down the entryway.

Although the daughter of a shaman/medic, Midnight could not identify some of the tools, potions, or herbs cluttering Mrala's residence. "What an interesting collection of medical remedies." she commented, staring through a large jar filled with some sort of green liquid.  

Viper 9000

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:16 am
'Thwack, thwack, splat!' Morning finished fly-swatting the last of the annoying oversized mozzies with a streak of triumph, the log which he'd been using to perch atop before now a gooey mess of bits of bodies.

Sloshing onwards, he decided to walk and read the map simultaneously, thinking it'd save time. "Euurghhhh...." What he didn't count on was the map being turned into a slimy mess of innards and bug legs, "Gross." Wiping it on some nearby grasses served to smear some of the pictures, but he could make out enough to tell that he was heading to some kind of plain lands if he headed due north. Where (he squinted at the symbol, not entirely sure whether it was a bit of guts or something), it seemed he would find the elusive hoofed tribe he was looking for.

He did not realise that the hoofed tribe occupied several rather split up territories in different parts of the world though.Forest, grassy plains...and the savannah. Oh dear.

Bess nodded at Midnight's reply; she could see how something like that would be very useful in a tribe. "That's true" she agreed plainly, "We tend to be kind of soft on children here. I mean, they're taught the essentials and kept busy but they aren't made to train in more serious stuff unless they want to." she smiled. "I bet we're too soft - It's probably because we're peaceful nature lovers. Plus we don't have all that many children to begin with"

She was going to ask what Midnight planned for her children, when she noticed the bear's gaze drifting around some of the items clamoring for space in the shelves. "They're very interesting, aren't they? M'rala makes most of these remedies herself by hand. I think the green stuff is Phyllis Weed extract. It's very tricky to get it that clear"

..."Why thank you for your compliments. I always like to hear when people are interested in my work" The hooves had finally revealed their owner and whether Midnight would find her a surprise or not there stood an odd type of fawn.

She was very tall, around 6ft. The lower half of her body from the waist down was a sleek blackish brown set of bovine type legs ending in polished split hooves, with a swishy cow's tail dangling at the back of her, a wiry wee tuft gracing the end.

M'rala's skin was a smooth greyish, almost coal-brown, like a watered down shade of a cow's dark hide, and her eyes were large ponds of warm honey brown with a gentle glow, set under her thick lashes. Her hair was a sort of reddish clay hue, and one part formed a tuft on her forehead, while two massive yet thin and straight horns pointed backwards from just above her floppy little cow's ears. Her nose bore a small yet cute gold ring in the middle. She was dressed in the healers' garb of an apron and nurses' hat, with a bunch of herbs clutched in one hand.

"Midnight, this is M'rala. Our dainty, sweet little buffalo girl!" Bess introduced nonchalantly, ignoring M'rala's rolled eyes at her comment. "Sorry to intrude on your busy schedule Mrala. Midnight's got a small injury and we wondered if you would have time to look at it for her."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:46 pm
"With all the abductions happening at the hands of those scientists, one can never be too safe." Midnight replied, her hand casually resting atop her belly as she took in the other objects that decorated the shop.

Alerted by the clatter of hooves, Midnight returned her attention to the hallway where the shop's owner appeared from.

Although she'd heard and read stories of creatures similar M'rala, Midnight had always thought of minotaurs as myths. Perhaps shes not a minotaur... just another cross-breed like Bess..." Midnight mused, taking in the features of the creature before her.

Realizing her lack of manners, Midnight bowed as best she could in greetings to M'rala.

"Its just a scratch... We can come back later if you're busy."  

Viper 9000

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:19 am
“Something we hope will cease soon” the boar girl responded, gazing idly at a jar of pink ointment with red specks in it bearing a similar consistency to a mousse. “It will be nice when that day comes, however far off that is” She began to wander about the place while she looked at things, occasionally picking up this or that with careful interest.

“Oh I’m never too busy for one more. But we’ll probably have this scratch sewn up sooner” A hearty voice joined in the conversation. The affable M’rala had trotted over while they were talking, never one to overlook an injury or complaint, no matter how small it seemed.

The big hearted buffalo was very akin to some kind of Minotaur, her animal side much more pronounced than the fairly mild form Bess displayed.

She had noticed the dark haired woman’s looks of recognition at some of the implements and lotions in her clinic and smiled back at her with a knowing look in her eye.

“So then, you must be from the ‘Other Animals’ tribe, correct? I used to know a good healer there. Seems it will not be long before they have some new members to join” M’rala spoke in a slow sounding accent, with a sort of calming lilt to her language and just a hint of playful tease.

While speaking, she had drawn close enough and bent over in order to peer at it and now she was gently unwinding the bandages from Midnight’s wounded arm, inspecting what she could see of the ‘scratch’.

In her opinion, it appeared recently made, though well on its way into the healing process. “Huummmm, I can thread a stitch or two through this one, no worries. If you’d just like to come with me into this office where I have the equipment” she motioned to one of the many clinic rooms, which held a bed on one side and a desk with two chairs.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:28 pm
At nearly 6 feet tall herself, Midnight couldn't help but feel small as she found herself looking up at the minotaur while she inspected the bite to her arm.

"Aye, that I am. Or was... before my mate and I were abducted by the scientists. My mother has been the healer and shaman of the tribe since before I was born." Midnight answered, her respect of M'rala's talents growing exponentially. It was rare to find someone so well traveled these days.

"Luckily enough I'm not due for another month or two." Midnight added, her uninjuried hand rubbing her distended belly. "Hopefully the little ones will remain within until this all blows over and we can get back home..."

Trusting M'rala's medical knowledge, Midnight nodded and slowly strolled towards said room, carefully guiding her pregnant bulk through the cluttered shelves without taking out any of the minotaur's specimens.  

Viper 9000

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:39 pm
M’rala chuckled softly at the were-bear’s reply “Thought so. I reckoned there was something familiar about your face. The way you were looking at my potions and lotions set a bell ringing too. She must have taught you well.” Her eyes held a look of fond memory. "She taught me a thing or two"

The buffalo healer had gathered the tools of her trade while Midnight squeezed into her small office and was busy sterilising them.

She gestured for the pregnant woman to take a seat on the nearest chair and once she had done so, M’rala set to work, cutting off the old bandages so as not to pull any healing scabs and throwing them away. She then cleaned it with a gentle yet effective antiseptic made of Purplum Pods, their pungent mint-and-grape scent pervading the room. “Well I used to travel a lot more in times past. Nowadays it’s taking your life in your hands, paws, talons or whatever you have”

The healer chatted on as she worked, threading a super-fine needle with what looked like fishing line or spider silk, although it had a bluish hue. “Those scientists, there’s been far too many kidnappings lately! I believe if the tribes could just get along with each other, we could take care of them ourselves” She muttered, sewing delicate stitches, carefully pulling the wound together so it would heal with minimum scar tissue. “Unfortunately they keep coming out with stronger and newer versions of those beasties of theirs. Sorry to burst your bubble, dear. We’ll try and help you get back to your home as soon as we can” she finished tying off the stitches and snipped the end, patting Midnight’s hand in a comforting gesture.

M’rala wound a new bandage over the now cleaner, much nicer looking wound and began to tidy her implements away. Like she had said, stitches were no problem for her.

Bess poked her head around the door, hands behind her back, her plaited hair swishing over her shoulder and swinging to and fro. "Is she all done yet? How much for these Salem Beans?"

She held up a jar full of coloured beads, shaking it with a musical rattle.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:27 pm
"Home will have to wait until I find my mate... I hope he got out okay..." Midnight muttered, her other hand absentmindedly rubbing her belly.

Nodding her approval at the minotaur's work, Midnight slowly stood and experimentally flexed her arm making sure she wouldn't tear the stitches out with basic movements.

"Impressive..." she said, after running her arm through its brief tests. "Well if worst comes to worst and my children must be birthed here, I know I'm in good hands..." Midnight added with a smile.

"Done." Midnight announced waddling out of the backroom to rejoin Bess in the shop proper. "Where too next?"  

Viper 9000

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:08 pm
“The wound is stitched up. And that's ten silver” M’rala replied without looking up, “Though, if you can help me around here from time to time, I’d be willing to lower the price to five. Nice selection, those are powerful painkillers yet little to no side effects. And they taste like sweets. They should be safe for Midnight to take”

"I know! I love these things," With a happy grin, Bess immediately pocketed the jar, placing it within the small pouch tied to her belt and walked over to deposit the five coins in M’rala’s palm. “Thanks, it’s a done deal. I’ll help you clean and prepare some of the medicines”,

“Even the purplum pods?”

“Ergh...Yes, even the purplum pods.” She scrunched her face at the idea. The scent from their raw juice somehow absorbed into your skin and you smelled for weeks. Still it was a small price to pay.

"I'll hold you to that" The buffalo nodded appreciatively, turning her attention back to her patient.

“I hope so too,” she smiled warmly at Midnight “Your mate may even be wandering the lands of Purri as we speak. Sometimes the scouting parties see things when they go out in search of new members. Perhaps you could ask Kilcarn. He knows nearly everything that goes on around here. Or Aidenna; the scouts usually report back to her after each task she gives them.”

"Many thanks my friend" Bess interjected, “Those are good suggestions. Actually, Kilcarn is planning to speak to her sometime this afternoon.”

She turned to Midnight as they started to walk out of the clinic, to answer her query as to where they could go next “How about digging around for some food? We're all vegetarian here but we can make some pretty tasty fare. Baked stuffed potatoes, pies, pasties, soups, stews, roasties, you name it.”

They were walking out of the healer's house when there was a tap on Bess' shoulder and a few supplies were thrust into Midnight's arms by the buffalo, "Here take this before you go to carry on your journey. I wish you luck. And now I have other patients to tend. Don't be afraid to drop in again though." Her good deed complete, she turned to head back inside, leaving them with a stock of bandages and antiseptic.

Morning stood in a seemingly endless field of tall wavy golden grasses and heat loving trees and scratched his head "Harrumph! This ain't what I expected to find after a swamp. And what're all these huts?" There were huts made from mud bricks and thatched grasses, yet he could see no occupants in sight. The weather was hot and dry, with a warm breeze and a pale blue sky overhead.

Suspecting that someone did live here, he continued to explore, noticing the sharpened branches which formed a rather effective fence cleverly hidden under grasses when he bumped into the sharp ends of it. 'Ow, what is this? I fence, hey? Maybe it's not as deserted as I thought'  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:31 pm
Midnight's expression contorted at the thought of being restricted to veggies as her only food. Having grown up part of a nomadic hunter-gatherer tribe meat had always been a part of her meals, but as she was a guest here Midnight had no reason to voice these thoughts after all, the other foods didn't sound too bad...

"Sounds good to me." Midnight replied, shifting the bundle of medical supplies to a more comfortable position as she waddled after Bess.

As they put some distance between themselves and the M'rala's building, Midnight found she couldn't contain her curiosity any longer and she asked the questions. "How do you survive without eating meat? Aren't you losing vital nutrients without them? How do the tribe's children grow up big and strong without it?"  

Viper 9000

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:56 pm
Bess hid a giggle behind her hand at the expression she received when listing food options. Figured that Midnight was definitely not a vegetarian type! Still, it couldn’t be helped. Considering the hoofed tribe was comprised of those whose half-animals were mostly herbivores, it was the safest option.

“You know, we do a pretty mean gourmet vegetarian pizza. It’s darn tasty!” Bess licked her lips and swallowed at the thought of her favourite food.

She took some of the bandages off Midnight and put them in her pouch, freeing the bear’s arms up so she wouldn’t have to carry so much. Sunlight filtered down through the leaves of the glowing green canopy overhead as they walked, sprinkling shifting patterns of shadows and light over the two women. In the peaceful village music drifted from somewhere in the distance.

Bess grinned at Midnight’s next question, heading towards a rustic looking wooden inn which doubled as a restaurant downstairs and housed guest rooms upstairs. On a sign swinging above the door was a round wooden board made from a sawn off tree trunk. Burnt into the wood were the words ‘The Dancing Fawn’.

“Oh you’d surprised. It is entirely possible to gain proper nutrition and strength on just a vegetarian diet so long as it’s planned properly. Lots of plants, seeds, fruit, beans and leaves contain everything we need to stay fit and nourished. Dark green leafy veges contain iron, so we don’t need to eat meat. You can get oils such as omega 3 from some nuts and seeds as well. Some of us take supplements which M’rala makes but most of us don’t need to.”

She explained, waving her hand at an inquisitive dragonfly which had been flitting around her hair.

She walked over to a table with a lovely view over the river that flowed beside the inn and pulled out a chair for her very pregnant friend. “Here.” Bess smiled, picking up a menu “There are only a couple of us who are vegan, most of us eat eggs and stuff too…but I can understand how much you’d like meat, being a carnivore. The chef here does keep some in the cool room for special guests. I’ll see if he can make you something…” After all…carnivores really needed to eat meat, unlike herbivores, whose systems were built for a greener lifestyle.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:39 am
Eyeballing the smaller members of the tribe as they passed, Midnight had to concede to Bess' point of view. Everybody appeared healthy enough... they were just smaller.

Shrugging her indifference, the extremely pregnant were-bear lowered herself in the offered chair. Scooting herself closer to the table, Midnight wasn't surprised to find out her belly reached the table before her and stopped her from making any progress forward. Huffing under her breath and grumbling about her bloated body, Midnight grabbed a menu and planted it atop the swell of her stomach.

Scanning assorted meals and foods listed on the menu before her, Midnight soon found herself craving meat more and more as she continued to read. It wasn't long before the were-bear's will was broken like a dropped platter.

"I would like that very much... If its not a hassle..." Midnight said, giving up on the menu and tossing it back atop the table. "While I realize I'll had to change my tastes sooner or later, after months of imprisonment I'd like nothing more then to sink my teeth into a nice juicy haunch of meat..."  

Viper 9000

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:19 pm
A soft giggle from Bess could be heard "Well that's one way to read the menu. Do you see anything you like? I'm definitely going for the pizza."

Watching the bear's expression made the boar kind a tad nervous. She shifted in her seat, tapping idly at the table with the bottom of her menu.

"Welcome to the Dancing Fawn. Are you ladies ready to order?" When a waiter approached them, Bess beckoned him to lean in. "Hey Briar, I'll have the usual but my friend here would like something...er..meatier" she explained, trying to keep her voice low.

Other patrons at the surrounding tables were either getting up to leave, whispering or looking fearful. Some of them were muttering amongst themselves, shooting Midnight nervous glances. It was rare that they had meat eaters dine here, although from time to time friends from the Other Animals tribe would visit.

Halfway through taking their menus and writing orders on his notepad, the elk blinked and looked startled for a minute, almost jumping out of his skin at the request. He quickly regained composure and offered Midnight a friendly smile. "Alright, we can do that for you. One gourmet pizza and we have a choice of waterfowl, chicken, fish, seafood or turkey...oh and the chef received some fresh Hornaks as a gift from the Other's tribe just the other day! They should make some tender steaks"

Some of the other waiters had come around while the order was being taken and were subtly setting up a beautiful screen around the two women at the table. It was painted with a theme of flowers and birds and could perhaps be taken as a measure of privacy. Ceiling fans were turned on and windows were opened, all with quiet efficiency, so as to be as least noticible as possible.

Clearly watching carnivorous types devour their meals made the gentler hoofed tribe members jumpy and skittish. Thoguh they were conscientious enough of their allies to allow them to eat what they wished.

Morning continued to shuffle through the waist high savannah grasses, following the fence line until he came across what he was looking for: a high gate hidden by it's similar colouring of the wood it was made from. It looked as though they had bound many thin trees together and woven grasses between them.

"Hello? Anone in?" Morning looked around for guards or a peep hole in the gate, or a bell or something he could ring, shifting his wieght from foot to foot. "I don't see a doorbell or nothing....Ah, well, I should probl'y knock first..."He started to step towards the gate, raising a fisted hand.

"Halt right there, stranger"

"State your purpose for wanting to enter our village"

Morning smirked as two guards materialised from where they'd been hidden in the long grasses. They held spears to his throat that had feathers on the end and were dressed in the grasses of their homeland, blending in perfectly. Their fur and hides were sandy, gold or tan coloured, aiding them further.

"Man you guys are tiny. No wonder I couldn't see you! Ah...my purpose for bothering you on this fine day is to request some information and maybe some help. I'm seeking...a friend of mine. Heard a rumour she was staying with the Hoofed tribe. That is you, right?"

The guards eyed him warily, glancing at each other.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:22 pm
(Lol @ Morning's situation; If Morning being a panda was exotic to Midnight just imagine everybody elses reaction if he ends up transforming in from of them. Cause the way I figured it, the were-transformation is brought on by distress, angry, etc.)

"I personally would like the chicken but..." Midnight gestures to her belly as it rippled with movement from within. "...my gut is begging me to have a go at that fresh hornak you just mentioned. Lemme get the two biggest pieces of 'em." Midnight answered, returning the waiter's friendly smile but the effort ruined by her predator-like teeth, having simply appeared as an extremely pregnant human female up until that point.

She couldn't blame the waiter for reacting the way he did.

Already embarrassed by the situation, a carnivore eating meat in a village of herbivores, Midnight kept her head low but watched with interest as the other waiters quickly set up the temporary wall around them.

"Nothing like a flowery cage..." she commented with a grin as the wall fragments slowly clicked into place around Bess and her.

"Shouldn't you be on the other side of the wall like the others?" Midnight added, curious to know why they'd left Bess in here with her.  

Viper 9000

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:57 pm
((I know, right? Ahaha! It doesn’t help that I keep thinking of Kung Fu Panda whenever I try to write him XD)).

His pencil shaking slightly as he scribbled down the request, the waiter nodded at them “C-certainly, we’ll have that right out for you”. He walked away perhaps a little too quickly, heading over to pass the orders straight on to the chef. There was no telling what this carnivore might do if they let her get too hungry.

“Ooh, good choice,” Bess smiled at her, thanking the waiter when he walked away with their orders.

“Now you know what stops us having more allies with the Aquatic and the Winged tribes,” she laughed, “but it can’t be helped~!”

Taking a sip of her water, she laid an elbow on the table and rested her chin upon curled fingers then gazed out of the window at the gentle eddying of the river. Naturally, their window had been left free of screens, since no one was able to or likely to be swimming in the river beside the woodland inn to see Midnight hock into her meaty meal.

Bess swung a leg idly while she waited, breathing in all the tempting smells blowing around from the kitchen.

Glancing up at Midnight’s comment, Bess shrugged with a sheepish smile, brushing ropes of dark hair away from her eyes, “Yeah, sorry about that. It’s not something meant to cause offense but we’ve had…incidents, in the past. As you can probably imagine although we’re friends with the ‘Others’ tribe, most of us can’t handle sharing mealtimes together all that well. It tends to make some of us…squeamish” she chuckled.

“I can tell you a story or two about Riven. Ah well, at least it’s a pretty cage, yes? These were made by one of our master craftsmen. They’re quite expensive. Still, they don’t keep sound out,” she grinned.

Bess shook her head at the final question; let her eyes drift to the floral decorations on the carvings before leaning across the table conspiratorially and lowering her voice, “Well, not really. It’s like this; since I’m seen to be your main ally around here, I suppose they figure I’m the sacrificial offering,” she leaned back casually in her seat, “you know, in case things go pear-shaped. I’m not worried. Ugh, I wish our food would hurry up…I’m starving! Maybe we should order some cheese twists.”

One of the guards, a Zebra type with spiky brown-black hair and long, striped ears, seemed to have some sort of tic happening with his eye at being called tiny. He snorted and one of the hoofed feet stomped the ground as the tip of his spear poked hard into the stranger's neck.

"We know of no guests staying here at present, otherwise someone would be fetching them now."

His fellow guard spoke up, before his companion could say something stupid, "We are those of whom you speak. Which tribe are you affiliated with? Sorry for all the questions but we cannot let just anyone into our homelands. You know how it is."

"Oh good, you are the guys I was hoping to see," Morning rubbed his hands together gleefully. This was great news.

The were-panda grabbed the end of the spear that was poking his neck and snapped it in one hand, tossing the broken part away and leaving the guard gibbering for a moment,

"Like I said, 'm looking for a friend. Last thing I heard she was staying with you guys. She's tall, dark haired, really beautiful and kinda round around the middle," he guestured with his hands around his own midriff, making the shape of a beach ball.

"I'm not really with any tribe right now but if you had to pick it's the Other Animals tribe. My, uh...purpose, for entering your village is to get some supplies and info and collect my mate if she's here, that's all."

An idea popped into his head to try and persuade them. He stepped back a notch and raised his hands in the air, leaving himself open, "I promise, I'm not even that hungry..." Morning's stomach chose that moment to give out a loud and rather ravenous grizzle, making both of the guards jump.

Noticing the looks on their faces, he thought fast, "That was gas."

Main Role Play Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces