Welcome to Gaia! ::

Purri Paradise!

Back to Guilds

A fantasy roleplaying guild based on a made up world and creatures. 

Tags: Neko, Fantasy, Roleplay, Sci-Fi, Lifestyle 

Reply Main Role Play Forum
RP Areas for Human/Elves Tribe - 12. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:03 pm
Purri Town
Medical Centre
Nabelin's Room

Kain breathed a sigh of relief that she had seen the organiser. He would have been lost without it. He looked at how she had put everything neatly back into place and felt rather impressed. It must have taken her a while to find where everything went; at least a few hours.

“So I see. Everything must have fallen out when I dropped it. Thank you very much; you really didn’t have to go to all that trouble” He reached out to take it back with a smile of gratitude, only to find it being shoved into his hands, fumbling and almost dropping the small book.

“Ahh, n-no that’s fine, really. I’m just happy to have it returned” Though he did feel slightly unsettled that she’d gone through all of his notes, the motive behind it was good-hearted. He was sure this young elf maiden had no malicious intent whatsoever.

“Please don’t cry, really you did nothing wrong. I forgive you” Kain chuckled softly, the last words being a slight tease for what she’d done. It did cross the line of respecting people’s privacy but he wasn’t that bothered by it. The smile faded from his face as she continued to cry.

Kain frowned and sat down in the empty chair beside her bed to wait. He didn’t want her to feel bad for just trying to help him and wanted to speak with her a little more to clear up any misunderstanding.

The medic reached over the bedside table and dragged across a small box of tissues with a flower illustration, holding the box up for her to take one once she re-emerged from her pillow.

“Not at all. You know, people say that you become more sensitive when you’re sick. It’s probably because you’re unwell. Instead of resting you spent that time rearranging my organiser for me”, a small and somewhat guilty grin accompanied the words, “Thank you. I mean it. Really. If there’s anything I can do, I’d like to make it up to you” Perhaps he could do something that would cheer her up.

Purri Town
Forest Inn

Peridot was out like a light when Eralin returned, (thanks in part to the toxins she’d inhaled). She mumbled something about giant toads when he moved her but otherwise remained comatose, her breathing steady. Had she known she was taking away his room and bed and that he had to sleep out in the hallway, she would have been mortified. But for now, she slept peacefully.

Morning light spilling through the window slowly nudged Peridot into waking. She frowned and rolled over, trying to shut out the interference. Yet upon moving, she realised how terribly uncomfortable she was. Her clothes were all bunched up for some reason. She also had a slight headache and her chest and ribs felt painfully bruised. Going back to sleep was impossible.

“Something isn’t right” she muttered, sitting up carefully with a wince and a disgruntled look and finding that somehow she was wearing pyjamas she’d never seen before. What’s more, she had them on over her regular clothes!

“Did I do this?” Peridot tugged the pyjamas off and placed them on the end of the bed. She rubbed sleepily at her eyes. She was unusually lethargic and very confused for someone most people would know as a 'morning person'. I know; I’ll splash some water on my face. That will help me wake up. Then maybe I’ll remember what happened.

Starting to crawl out of bed in search of the bathroom, she took in her surroundings and realised that this wasn’t her room. Trying to think whose it was, she forgot to pay attention to what she was doing. Her foot got tangled in the sheets and before she knew it, Peridot had rolled off the rest of the way and fell onto the floor with a loud thump. “Owww!” she moaned, not entirely seriously. “That hurt”

Purri Town
Medical Centre

Bess had been reading a local magazine (not out-dated, thankfully, Quoia always put new ones out after she finished reading them). She looked up from the section on growing different kinds of flowers, wondering what Midnight was up to.

Her eyes shone with amusement as she watched her companion test the contraption then skitter away from it like it was dangerous. “Oh, that’s what we call a water cooler or water dispenser. It’s a container that filters drums of water for drinking. One of those taps dispenses cold water and the other gives room temp. People can tend to get thirsty sitting in the air conditioning” she explained, turning back to her article and forgetting that Midnight probably didn’t have a clue what Air-Con was. "Huh, now is the time to plant Dahlias. I love those!"

Just then, a side-door near the reception desk opened and a man wearing gold rim spectacles and a medic's attire stepped into the room. He spoke briefly with Quoia then walked over to them, giving both women a polite smile.

“Midnight, I’m Doctor Amaranth. I’m ready to see you now if you’d like to come through” he pointed down a hallway behind a glass panelled door that led to other rooms. "The ultrasound machine is through here"

Judging by the size of her belly, Kain would have liked to hazard a guess that she was carrying multiples. Still in this world, with all the different types of people, you never could tell.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:11 am
Purri Town
Medical Centre

Reassured by Bess' words that the device wasn't dangerous, Midnight returned to the water cooler where she began flipping the blue switch on and off. She wasn't sure what air conditioning was but it sounded like it must be some sort of airborne medicine.

--------------------------------------------------

Standing up to her full height, Midnight bowed as best she could as the nicely dressed man approached Bess and herself and introduced himself. Midnight was tempted to question the purpose of the funny gold thing perched atop his nose but she bit her tongue and simply followed the man's instructions, lagging just slow enough to be sure Bess was coming too. She disliked this place, it reminded her too much of the lab where the scientists kept her captive.  

Viper 9000

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:57 pm
Purri Town
Medical Center
Nabelin's Room

Nabelin heaved a sigh of relief. "Thank you." She took the tissues offered and blew her nose. "I never really was sick before, so I didn't know what to do. If I had known, I would've sought treatment on my journey."
She glanced at him. Using a tissue, she studied his face a bit more. Gold-rimmed glasses were slipping down the bridge of his nose. She reached across and pushed them up. "There. You need to keep yourself more tidy, yes?" She gave him a half-smile. "I would have to get back to you about that. I don't know what you can do for me at the moment." She gave him a full smile this time.

Purri Town
Forest Inn

Eralin came in the room with his stuff as soon as he heard her fall. "Are you ok?" He put his pajamas away and strapped on his knife. "Anything I can get you?" He turned toward her, his eyes showing concern for her.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:42 am
Purri Town
Medical Centre

Bess watched a small puddle form on the floor from the drops of water that escaped the cooler’s catchment tray. She found it oddly mesmerising. She was shaken out of her trance by the appearance of the doctor whom they’d been waiting to see. “Oh, hello, yup we’re ready for you,” she answered, falling into step behind Midnight as she noticed the look her friend gave her. Bess gathered she was feeling uncomfortable and remembered that the only other place similar to this was the compound where the labs and other research buildings were. Hopefully getting a small glimpse of her children would change her feelings a little.

They soon reached a room with a large medical couch with padded coverings and adjustable parts. Beside it stood a rather odd looking machine that had a computer monitor and a protruding keyboard with all sorts of buttons and switches. This was attached to a wide roller base with different bits and bobs on it. Connected to a springy cord on one side was a device that had a scanner bar on the top.

Kain lowered the lounge chair enough for Midnight to be able to slide onto it easily and motioned to her to hop on, “Take a seat whenever you’re ready” he smiled. While she did that, he went to wash his hands at a small sink in the corner and returned wearing some disposable gloves and carrying a tube of gel. He waited until she was comfortable then sat in the seat beside the machine and raised the chair to a correct height where he could reach her easily. He tore a sheet of soft paper from a roll attached to the side of the machine. “Now I’m just going to pull down your clothes a little so I can reach your belly more easily, okay? And there’s going to be a liiiittle bit of cool gel after that”. He always liked to warn people since the gel could be rather cold and some people were a bit surprised or ticklish.

Tucking the paper over her clothes (into her waistband), he squeezed some of the aforementioned gel onto Midnight’s belly and grabbed the transductor (the special scanning instrument) from its perch, beginning to smooth it across Midnight’s belly with a slight pressure. As it glided over the gelled surface, Kain turned to look at the pictures flickering on the monitor, pressing buttons occasionally. “Well, there’s definitely more than one in there” he chuckled, calmly continuing the scan. He may not have had the ultra-advanced tech that he was used to on the Pendragon but this worked fine all the same.

Leaning forwards curiously, Bess bit her lip to keep from keening. She could see blurry shapes on the screen, though she wasn's sure what was what. "Ooh, I can see them! How many are there? What are they doing? Midnight, look - Doc, turn the screen so she can see!"

Purri Town
Medical Centre
Nabelin's Room

He watched her sigh of relief with a partially bemused expression.

“One can hardly be expected to know what to do if one has never fallen ill before, especially considering your people rarely succumb to physical illnesses. It wasn’t your fault. Besides which, there are hardly many doctors wandering the land questing for patients to treat” Kain replied matter-of-factly with a small laugh, “The main thing is, you did seek treatment and now you’re on the mend, so it’s all going in the right direction. In fact, I - huh?”

He was interrupted by his glasses being pushed up his nose, his own hand paused in mid-air as he had been about to do the very same thing, albeit without any thought to the gesture. Kain blinked, looking mildly astonished at the small act before composing himself enough to respond.

“Oh, er…y-yes, I suppose I should. Been a long day. I’ll try to” he stammered, chuckling at her brazenness as he leaned back in the chair where his glasses would be out of reach.

“Thank you, hadn’t realised they were slipping. Yet another thing to repay” he returned her grin with a warm smile of his own, his almond eyes warming with the simple show of kindness.

Rising to his feet since the conversation appeared nearing its end, the kindly doctor shared a few parting words with his patient before heading home.

“Alright, well I’m heading out of town in a few days to travel to a few tribes and provide services. I’ll pay you another visit before I leave town and you can let me know then, how does that sound?” he offered, thinking it not a bad idea. It was just a bit of fun after all, with the idea to do something nice for her while she was stuck getting better. Little did he know that she might request something he was not expecting.

Purri Town
Forest Inn

Peridot sat up gingerly with a hand to her head and wrapped one arm around her ribs, face scrunched a bit from the pain. She started slightly when an Elven man came into the room and wondered where he had come from. Peridot stared at him, a little embarrassed to be found like this. The noise of her landing must have caught his attention. “Sorry, yes, I-I’m okay, just a little dazed” she stammered softly, looking down at her lap. She clenched her hands and fidgeted, wondering what to do.

That bump and the appearance of a familiar face had jolted her brain. Foggy memories were floating back from the previous night. She frowned, trying to recall everything as the fumes began to finally wear off. She should have gone back to her room, not let him carry her and wait on her and…give her his clothes. Why didn’t she go back to her room? A memory of breathing toxic fumes and being carried upstairs surfaced and she groaned inwardly at the reminder. Of course, the monster had melted and she accidentally got a bit of the poison.

Without warning, the blue haired girl shot to her feet. She had to leave, now! Opening her mouth to thank him for everything, she was cut short by a question from her host and Peridot looked up without thinking. Her pinkish purple gaze locked onto his eyes. They were full of concern. She heard herself say “Buh…erm…do you have a bathroom?”

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Viper 9000

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:08 pm
Purri Town
Medical Centre

Comfortable as one could be in her current surroundings, Midnight twisted her head so she might glimpse at this screen the doctor was looking at. She couldn't make out much, just a bunch of blurry shapes that appeared to be wiggling. However the longer and longer she stared at the blue and black blobs, Midnight realized some of the blobs were roughly baby shaped... and from time to time, the movements caught on the screen lined up with what she felt within her womb.

"Not the best or clearest picture, but a picture of my babies none the less..." Midnight commented.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:45 am
Viper 9000

Purri Town
Medical Centre

Kain turned the screen towards the women so Midnight would be able to see it more easily. He adjusted the settings as much as he could to get the sharpest image. “They don’t have a lot of room in there to move around much and they are blocking each other from view but let me see if I can help you to see them a bit better,” the doctor offered sociably.

He pointed to some of the blobby shapes with the hand that wasn’t moving the scanner over her belly. “This here is a head...and another, and one more. And these are limbs, see? One, two three, four” he pointed them out as he counted each one.

“The smallest baby is down the bottom lying sideways and unfortunately, they are being a bit squished by their siblings. Oh, I guess I gave the game away when I said that. Sorry if you didn’t want to know. It looks like you’re having triplets, unless there’s another one hiding somewhere behind these three” he said half-jokingly, giving her an apologetic smile.

“I couldn’t tell for certain although I did suspect you had more than one baby. Now, did you want me to tell you their genders or whether they are…oh, hold on, what’s this one doing?” Kain trailed off, his eyes darting back to the screen as his mouth dropped open. One of the blurry shapes was moving more than the others, shifting and wobbling around the edges. When it stopped, Kain remembered to close his mouth and blinked rapidly. “Well I’ll be, it looks like one of them just shape shifted into a teddy bear” he chuckled. “That gives me a small clue about Mummy and Daddy. By the way it looked rather uncomfortable, are you feeling okay?”

Bess stared at the screen in surprise, “No way. I’ve never seen that before. Aren’t they a bit young to start shifting?” she asked Midnight.  

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:04 am
Purri Town
Nabelin's room

Nabelin watched Kain go out of her room. She would tell him what she wanted from him when he came back in a few days. She covered a yawn with a hand while she reached for her medicine. Uncovering her mouth, she popped a pill in her mouth and drank some water to help it go down. She laid back down to fall asleep, the medicine helping her to sleep. Her body relaxed, and soon she was out like a light, the blanket covering most of her body.

Purri Town
Forest Inn

Eralin nodded. "Yes. Over there." He pointed over to the corner door in the room. "I know we didn't meet properly, but once you are cleaned up a bit, I will properly introduce myself." Eralin chuckled, the light dancing in his eyes. He shooed her toward the bathroom and laid out her clothes for her on his bed. He had a habit of waking up earlier than some people, and it wasn't too difficult for him to figure out her room either. wink
((OOC: Don't worry Mei! He's not gonna harm her. Just natural for him to help her out. Elvish custom, y'know.))  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:36 am
Meyaira Firespring

Purri Town
Medical Centre

"Oooooh yeah, now I see em much clearer." Midnight replied, beaming as she watched her children wriggle and move within her womb. She had an idea that she was expecting more than one but it was good to know three was the number set in stone, now she could begin preparations of sorts for their birth.

While she had grown quite accustomed to the babies odd movements, the rumors that were-children were able to shift while still in the womb was one she took with a hint of doubt. But it was a whole different thing to see it happen in front of you especially considering they were still inside her body.

"No need doctor." Midnight replied, gesturing to the baby at the bottom of the screen. "The one whos just transformed is my baby girl. She is angry that her brothers are squishing her and not sharing the rest of my womb." For emphasis, Midnight poked her belly where she thought one of the brothers was in an effort to take her unborn daughters side and get him to leaveoff and give her some room.

"Not really dear Bess, there have long been rumors that some were-children are capable to shift while in utero. I've just never seen evidence to confirm it."  

Viper 9000

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:51 pm
Viper 9000

Incognita Ninja

Purri Town - Leaving

((Time skip! Let’s have them meet up and travel together – towards the feline tribe of course!))

A few days later, Kain was heading out on one of his travelling visits to different tribes. His first point of call was the feline tribe in Paw Paw Valley, as a messenger had been sent from there bearing news that one of the young women there needed a doctor. So, not forgetting his promise to Nabelin, he gathered up his supplies and a back pack and went to see her at the hospital.

However, when he asked the nursing staff where she was, they informed him she was released early that morning. He was just walking back out of the building when he spotted a familiar figure with light blonde hair.

Kain went up and lightly placed a hand on her shoulder, “Miss Nabelin? Is that you? I’m glad that you’re doing better. I just came to tell you I’m heading out today to make rounds of a few different tribes. But I haven’t forgotten my promise” he added with a slightly embarrassed smile, “Were you able to think of anything?”

Purri Town
Forest Inn

Peridot nodded silently and took the clothes he laid out for her. She scurried into the bathroom and took a quick shower, pulling her clothes on in a hurry and splashing her face with some cold water, then fixing her hair with a quick finger-comb. Peridot took a shaky breath and scrutinised herself in the mirror. She was still a bit pale and her hair looked kind of messy, wavy at the ends and sticking up in odd places but she smoothed it down the best she could. She stepped out now wearing a white blouse and a matching pleated skirt with a blue ribbon sash around the top that tied in a bow to the side. It matched her hair colour nicely.

Finding Eralin, she tugged on his clothes lightly to get his attention, “Um, I was thinking and I really want to thank you for everything you’ve done for me. I’m sorry that I caused you some trouble but I’d really like to make it up to you, so if you don’t mind Mister…” she trailed off for a moment since she had forgotten his name, but quickly regained what she wanted to say, “If you don’t mind, I would like to repay you by offering to make you breakfast and maybe help out with some other things, that is if you would be happy to let me do that” she blushed and looked away quickly. Her palms were starting to go clammy again and she trembled a little from nerves but she had made up her mind to pay him back for his kindness. Even though she probably should just leave the poor guy alone and get back to her own business. She was surprised that she was even doing this but something about being able to get this close to an elf, a real one, and meet them in person, well she really liked this!

((OOC: Do you think Eralin would like to ask Peridot to come with him on a quest or something? She’s shy, clumsy and pretty weak and she is not used to the outdoors but she can cook and she has stamina (from her waitressing job. I know she had a few other flaws but I’m kind of just finding out about her through rping))

Purri Town
Medical Centre

((OOC: I think it’s time for a time skip! Let’s get this moving again. Sorry for the long post))

At the prodding, one of the blurry shapes moved their foot off their sister’s ribcage and shifted position to start sucking their thumb. A minute or so later the wee teddy bear shape performed its flurry of movements again. Once the edges fluttered back into place, she appeared human again.

“Well there’s your evidence dear Midnight,” Bes giggled, looking at the screen and clapping Midnight’s shoulder playfully. “I like this girl already. She’s got attitude. Wonder where she gets that?” she gave her friend a quizzical smirk.

Kain laughed softly, “Hm, looks like your little girl might be giving her brothers a bit of payback when it’s her turn, eh? It’s possibly a good thing they’ve only got to share the space for two to three more months. Be strong, mum” he informed gently with a touch of humour,

“Although that reminds me, multiples are generally born earlier, so you could expect to go into labour in as little as one month or less. Most doctors would ask you to try and take it easy. Oh, I don’t say this to worry you. The idea is to keep them in there as long as possible to give the best chance at a healthy start. Yours all look normal in regards to their size; most triplets are smaller than singles or twins due to the lack of space and demand for extra resources”.

Kain smiled to himself as he watched the mother’s response. He was happy to see her so delighted. He’d seen all manner of reactions before and he had to say, he enjoyed the positive ones almost as much as the shocked or overly excited ones. He was sure that whichever tribe Midnight belonged to, they’d be happy at the small population boost. Children were rather few in most tribes, since smaller numbers meant less strain on resources, plus the threats in the world made it risky to raise offspring. Not to mention compatibility issues between different races.

They listened to the babies’ heartbeats and eventually finished scanning Midnight’s belly once she was happy to end the session. Kain wiped the ultrasound gel off with more disposable soft paper towels before telling her she could sit up whenever she was ready. “And did you want a copy of these images as a keepsake? I can have some of them printed out for you” he offered.

Once the visit had ended, Bess walked out of the building with Midnight and led them both to an inn where she always stayed. It was called the Forest Inn and was close to the forest that surrounded the town. The building was of Elvish design and was elegant and beautiful, a gem of natural materials carefully crafted into a building. Comfort, peace, cleanliness and luxury were what it offered.

It also happened to be where Eralin and Peridot were currently staying, not that Midnight or Bess knew anything about that.

The boar girl paid for their room with a portion of the money Aidenna had given her. It was a room with two single beds as that was all the money would cover. The beds were a generous size known as queen-singles, though maybe not large enough for a woman pregnant with triplets.

Bess wished Midnight as good a sleep as possible before retiring herself, falling to sleep very quickly.

((Hey, maybe the person Bess needs to speak to to get the poison formula is Eralin))

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:38 am
Purri Town- Leaving

Nabelin turned when she felt his hand on her shoulder. She looked at Kain more closely, and saw that he was her brother's height. ((Eralin is around 6' 2", Nabelin is around 5' 4")) She nodded as she adjusted her weapons's straps. "Yes I have. I would like to travel with you on your rounds." Finished adjusting the straps, she waited for his answer.

Purri Town
Forest Inn

"Eralin. Eralin Evenleaf. And really, it was no problem. Please, call me Eralin though. Most of my people do. Only when they are angry with me do they ever call me by my full name." He waved his hand as if to shoo it way. He looked at her, his mouth curved up in a smile, and his eyes sparkled to match. He sobered up at her next statement. "Some breakfast would be nice, as I am busy preparing to leave." He thought for a second, and then opened, and then closed, his mouth. "How about you come along too? I take it you have never seen an elf, and I have never seen a human before. Though, you might want to bring pants, and other shirts besides blouses." He winked. Digging through his pack, he pulled out another travel bag. "Here. You can put some clothes in here. Or if we need to, we can gets some from the store. I have some coin left."  

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:32 am
Incognita Ninja

Purri Town- Leaving

Kain was still smiling in that placid manner of his, waiting patiently for her answer. He was taken aback when he heard what it was though! He stopped smiling and stared in astonishment, looking somewhat flabbergasted.

“Eh…ah, that…” Kain tried to think of a nice way to let her know that she could not come with him and how it might be dangerous, especially if she was still recovering to full health. But she was going somewhere anyway by the looks of it.

“That won’t be a problem. Sure, if we’re both going the same way I don’t see why not” he conceded, starting to smile again.

He began to walk through town in the direction of the bestiary that housed various tame creatures (such as horses, and other animals). “I’m heading to Paw Paw Valley first of all. There’s been an accident so I’m going to have to travel quickly. I’m hiring a Zinna, since they are the fastest across the grasslands we will need to travel. Are you okay with that?”

Zinna were odd looking creatures that had two powerful long legs, ‘fins’ on their sides, a long whippy tail with more fins, long smooth necks and streamlined bodies. They were often kept as pets and used for races in a special event every year. They were covered in sleek shining scales and came in all sorts of pretty patterns and colours. They required very light tack, though they could carry some luggage. The only problem was they tended to be very flighty and easily spooked, so they could dash off without a moment’s notice. But they were graceful, gentle animals that were easy to look after, if not the most comfortable to ride.

((OOC: I have a sketch of a Zinna, I'll add the pic as a link when I can))

Purri Town
Forest Inn

Peridot nodded meekly when he introduced himself to her, “O-okay…” her voice fell to a barely audible murmur, “…Eralin”. She beamed shortly after, hiding her face in her hands. She had wanted to tell him he had a pretty name but the words got swallowed somehow. That was probably for the best!

Once she had recovered from her moment of fluster, she lowered her hands and looked up at him again, listening intently to the rest of what he said. She smiled shyly, looking happy that he accepted her offer. Peridot was nodding, about to ask him what kinds of food he liked for breakfast, when he proposed she come with him on his travels.

“Me?! But I have never travelled anywhere before” She pointed to herself, looking around the room before realising she was the only one he could possibly be asking. No. Definitely not. She had her job and her lodgings to pay for; she had to save up to achieve her dream. She was too busy and now was not the time to go traipsing about Purri with no good reason. She would just say thank you but no thanks.

Peridot opened her mouth and heard herself say something entirely opposite of what she was thinking.

“Sure, that sounds good!” Her hands were back to fidgeting again. “A-and you are partially correct. I…that is, I have seen elven people in town but I’m always too afraid to talk to them, uh…~!” she looked down quickly, feeling like she might evaporate from the overwhelming embarrassment. That had been hard to admit. She nodded mutely at the suggestion to bring other clothes and accepted the bag he held out to her, taking it in both hands without looking up. “Th-thank you. I’m sorry”

If Eralin didn’t think she was a weirdo by this point, Peridot would be surprised. She was still shocked at her own behaviour. But it looked like she was going to go with him whether she wanted to or not so she’d better let her boss know and put in for holidays.

“You know…” she sucked in a breath and forced herself to look at him again. Well, his shirt anyway, she could not quite meet those exotic, gleaming eyes again.

“I…I’ll need to let my boss know that I’m going to be away first so I can put in for leave and they can get someone to cover my shifts. Then I can buy all my supplies and if you still want to go together, we can meet up this afternoon around three o clock. Will that be okay? I needed to do some shopping anyway”

She would ask the owner of the store what equipment she needed for travelling. Some she already knew; a water bottle or two, a raincoat, good walking shoes, matches, trail mix for snacks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:01 pm
Purri Town- Leaving

Nabelin looked at the Zinnas skeptically, but as soon as she put her hand on one scaly shoulder, she liked them immediately. She chose a mottled Zinna, one that would blend in nicely with the shadows of the forest. She stroked the neck, and then mounted, her luggage either being worn, or strapped to her. She looked for Kain. "Dr. Kain?"

Purri Town
Forrest Inn

"And that is alright with me. Three o' clock here then." He started to pack his things. He looked up at Peridot. "You can fix me whatever. I am not a fussy eater when I have been traveling so much." He gave her a wink, and then went back to packing his few belongings.

((sorry the posts are so short!))  

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100

Viper 9000

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:08 pm
Meyaira Firespring

(OOC: Ooooo, what if as a future plot hitch Midnight and Morning became ambassadors of sorts? Wandering for place to place trying to unite the tribes under one banner so they can take down the scientists once and for all. And of course she would start by trying to bring her tribe and the hoofed tribe together. 3nodding )

Purri Town
Medical Centre

Midnight smiled at Bess' praise. "Shes got my temper for sure..." She said.

"I'll keep that in mind when we return home." Midnight replied, taking the doctors advice in stride. "The Hoofed tribe's doctor (totally drawing a blank on her name other than it started with an M) has been taking very good care of me."

"And no thanks, I got the best picture one can hope to have." Midnight added, sitting up on the table and tapping the side of her head.

(OOC: I'd normally bunk this part up with some more stuff, but I assume Eralin and Peridot are about a day ahead of Bess and Midnight so I'll just have her go to sleep so we can all get on the same page. xd )

Purri Town
Forest Inn

Familiarizing herself with her new surroundings, Midnight found herself much more comfortable in this setting than she had anywhere else in the city. Removing her clothes and crawling into the bed, Midnight was surprised to find herself sinking the plushness of the bed. After getting used to this unusual sensation, Midnight settled in and quickly fell asleep despite the fact that she was too tall for the bed.  
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:31 am
Purri Town- Leaving
((Moving this to the Feline tribe after your next post))

Her Zinna huffled softly at her as it nudged her shoulder in return. Bending down on one knee, it lowered itself to allow her to climb up on its back, rising with a graceful swooping motion once she was settled. It had only light tack, just a very lightweight saddle and a bridle of soft woven material that felt like silk yet was stronger by far. The tail swished impatiently while it waited for its rider’s command to move; the nudge of heel or verbal signal.

Finished paying for their beasts, Kain thanked the keeper and joined Nabelin, leading his own Zinna of a powder blue hue by the reins. He petted hers on the nose and then mounted his own, which gave a small whinny that sounded like a mingle of high notes on a flute. He had tied a small pouch and a few other items onto it, which is why it took him a bit longer to get ready.

Clicking his tongue at the Zinna, he directed it out of the stables at a medium pace, since it was forbidden to race Zinna along the streets of Purri Town. (Too easy to mow someone down!).

“And we’re on our way” he commented in a sprightly tone, looking toward Nabelin who was riding beside him.

“We’ll start riding hard once we exit the main road and get onto the plains” Almost as though it had understood, his Zinna tossed its head and pulled at the bit in its mouth, making high pitched squeaking noises. Kain laughed, patting its neck, “All in good time my friend; I’ll let you have your head as soon as I am able.”

Purri Town
Forrest Inn

“Ah!...that is…” Floundering for words again when he winked at her, she managed to recompose herself and nodded determinedly, lightly slapping a curled fist on her open palm, “Th-then how about omelettes? I have the ingredients for them, I’ll use my kitchenette so as not to make a mess of yours”

Her room, like most of the rooms one could find in a hotel or inn, had the usual small kitchen with dining/living area. Peridot gathered up her dirty clothes, her purse and the pyjamas she had borrowed from the day before and took them with her to the room next door. She would drop them to the inn’s shared laundry later to be washed. But first she fished her silver room key out of the purse and unlocked her own place. Once inside, she tied on an apron and set to work making omelettes, an easy dish to whip up yet very tasty.

About twenty minutes later, she came back bearing a tray with their breakfast and walked in, placing the plates down on the table. “I…hope you are not allergic to anything in this recipe. I used eggs, vegetables and cheese to add flavouring, it’s one of the recipes from the breakfast menu at the Silver Spoon” she said shyly. “Though it’s probably not as good as Elven cooking”

((Time Skip))

Once they finished breakfast, Peridot finished getting ready and went first to her employer, who gave her the time off. She then went straight to the shops, spending the rest of the day buying items she would need to travel with her newfound friend. She avoided mentioning where she was going or why or who it was with, only saying she was going on a holiday or wanted to see the rest of the world.

She did ask general questions and got some useful advice from most people, although some gave her conflicting or confusing information and she was sure she’d bought some stuff she didn’t need. Peridot had packed it all into the bag he had given her, which now felt much heavier than this morning.

Now standing outside his room’s door, she tugged at the backpack straps on her shoulders with soft huff and a frown, raising a hand to knock lightly. “Um…hello?” Her feet shifted nervously.

She was dressed in light leather armour; a knee length skirt with light green leggings and a blouse with a vest in the same woodland colours. She also wore short, sturdy travel boots that came to mid-calf. She had two ribbons in her hair, which was tied in twin plaits and she was carrying two water flasks and a small knife strapped into holders on her cross-over leather belts. She felt overdressed in all this new equipment and more than a little foolish but the shop owners had assured her she would need protection from monsters.

((Okay so the leggings are white but I couldn't find any nice light green ones on TekTek))

User Image

((@Viper 9000: That sounds like a wonderful idea. They would make great ambassadors for the tribes. And the Hoofed tribe’s doctor is M’rala))

((OOC: Yeah, that’s my fault. cat_sweatdrop It’s something I’ve got to get better at – making sure everyone is in the same time zone. Lol))

Purri Town
Medical Centre

Kain nodded, “Oh, you mean M’rala? It’s good to hear she’s still around. She has extensive knowledge of natural healing remedies and medicine in this world. I don’t but I found that talking to her has increased my own knowledge. I never would have thought to use Purplum pods as an antiseptic”

He bid them goodbye as they left the clinic and went to clean up the rest of the room, preparing it for the next patient who might need it.

Purri Town
Forest Inn

The next morning dawned and Bess was up late, having overslept till it was nearing ten o’ clock. They were in no particular hurry today, the only task left being to acquire the poison mixture with the rest of the money Aidenna had portioned for this errand. She would have to see somebody called Eralin before the end of today.

Starting to awaken, she rolled over with a soft moan and stretched luxuriously. Such comfort was bliss after their trek the day before and she almost didn’t want to get up. Bess hugged her freshly scented pillow and yawned, allowing herself a few more blissful moments.

She then pushed some of her loose long hair away from her eyes, using a hand to push herself into a sitting position and stretch again. “Mm!...” done with raising her arms above her head and stretching her back and shoulders, she peered over at the mound that was her friend. If Midnight hadn’t gotten up already, that is. “Morning” Bess tried out, wondering whether she would hear a response. “Only got one more errand to do today and then we head home”

Shortly after saying this, she heard a knock at the door, followed by a voice announcing “Mail delivery!”

“Oh no, I’m still in my nightdress. Who could that be?” Bess folded her arms across her chest, embarrassed at having to answer the door in a silken garment made only for sleeping. She scrambled out of be and cast around for a dressing gown, finding one on the back of the bathroom door and throwing it on. Opening the door, she answered it a little breathlessly, “Er…hello? Oh, you have mail. Right” She reached out to take the envelope the courier was holding. It was marked ‘urgent’ and she felt a small chill when she recognised the writing. “K…Kilcarn?” she whispered.

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Viper 9000

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:10 am
Meyaira Firespring

Purri Town
Forest Inn

While she wasn't entirely asleep Midnight remained in the bed lightly dozing. As Bess greeted her good morning, Midnight had to fight the urge to lurch upright as her first thought was that Bess had spotted her mate outside somewhere but as her brain shook off the shackles of sleep she realized Bess was just saying hi.

"Better you than me... I'm not wearing anything..." Midnight muttered in reply. Although Bess couldn't see it, the female were-bear couldn't help but smile at the thought of the messager's face when a naked but very pregnant woman answered the door.

Sensing Bess' unease, Midnight assumed it had to do with whatever she'd just been handed. "Something wrong?" she asked, rolling over so she faced Bess rather than the room's wall.  
Main Role Play Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff