Welcome to Gaia! ::

Purri Paradise!

Back to Guilds

A fantasy roleplaying guild based on a made up world and creatures. 

Tags: Neko, Fantasy, Roleplay, Sci-Fi, Lifestyle 

Reply Main Role Play Forum
RP Areas for Human/Elves Tribe - 12. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:26 pm
Incognita Ninja

Purri Town
Forest Inn

She turned from speaking with the elven mail courier, clutching the envelope tightly. On it was a flourished scrawl of writing in a glittering green ink. The courier nodded his head towards them politely before walking off to resume his rounds.

“It’s a letter…and it’s addressed from Kilcarn” Bess replied, forgetting to shut the door as she walked quickly to Midnight’s bed and sat down on the edge. She started to tug at the corner of the envelope and rip it open, breath baited with anticipation. Unfolding the paper with shaky haste, she shook the letter out and tossed away the wrapper carelessly in her excitement to see what it said.

“Yin and Yang design, this Morning”

Bess frowned and squinted at the short piece of text, reading it over again more slowly. “Well that’s disappointing. Is this some sort of riddle? Yin and yang” She was still half awake so her thoughts weren’t very clear. Bess sighed. She felt like the answer was on the tip of her tongue yet the frustration was mounting as her brain refused to provide the answer.

Dropping the letter on Midnight’s quilt cover, Bess got up and wandered into the kitchen area of their shared room, pressing the switch on the electric jug to start the water boiling, “You drink coffee? I think I could use some to help me wake up”

Forest Track to Purri Town

((Sorry I’m a little rusty with Morning and co. at the moment. I’m having some writer’s block with them so I’ll just skip to the next bit and we can backtrack if needed. I actually forgot what I was going to do with them. I'm not feeling that well atm but I wanted to post something anyway since the longer I leave it, the harder it is to write))

Morning, in the meantime, was on the road again. Well on his way along the path through the forest that Midnight and Bess had taken just the day before. Accompanying him was Fer de Lance. The scorpion girl who had helped them find their way here however, was nowhere in sight. She had been kept behind for questioning and would catch up later.

The questioning on their part hadn’t been too bad, more like they wanted to confirm who he was, although Morning couldn’t shake the feeling that his soul had been read by the leader of the forest tribe. He had made no comment on the choice of travelling companions after Morning explained he was a wanderer who belonged to no tribe.

Fer de Lance remained silent, simply keeping up with the were-panda’s headlong rush to the place where Midnight now resided.

“Can’t believe we missed her by a day; one single day” Morning grumbled, pushing leafy branches out of the way as he marched on. “Someone has to be toying with us” he decided as he increased his pace, breaking into a jog. “Boy, wouldn’t I love to meet them” He fell silent again for a while, only their breathing and footfalls to be heard.

“Hey, as soon as I catch up to her, I’mma buy her a piece of jewellery that’s actually a tracking device” Morning joked.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:33 pm
Meyaira Firespring

(Sorry to hear you're not feeling good, hope you feel better soon MF. And like I said before, as soon as Morning hooks up with Midnight again I'll happily help or completely RP him. If I knew the details of what you've had him doing I'd offer to post something as him. xD)

(And on an unrelated note; Lol, Morning is going to have lost so much of his tubbyness from all this running hes been doing after Midnight.)

Purri Town
Forest Inn

"I don't know, what this cof-fee of which you speak?" Midnight asked, picking up the dropped letter and looking it over herself. After reading the text a few times, Midnight began turning the paper over and looking for other information. Finding none anywhere else on the paper, she held it up to the light in hopes it would show something they both missed. She'd heard of special ways to hide words within the page itself.

"Yin and Yang is usually used to describe how seemingly opposite or contrary forces are interconnected." Midnight muttered, tapping her chin with the paper as she mused over its contents. "Could he be referring to some type of training or mission?"  

Viper 9000

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:36 pm
Purri Town
Forest Inn

Eralin ate his omelette without complaining. It was good. After eating, he packed his things, and got dressed. He wore tan leggings, with knives strapped in. His shirt was a light green, to help blend in with the forest's green growth. It was his cloak that would draw more attention. It was mottled with greens, browns, blacks, and greys. It's hood hid his face whenever he pulled it up, and he was able to put his pack comfortably on his back with out it being bulky what-so-ever. Once Peridot came back, he smiled and nodded. "That, what you are wearing, will be perfect. Allows for the freedom of movement, though I would try to not to tear your blouse, if that is the only one you have. I would reccommend a nice shirt like this." Eralin thumped his chest, showing the shirt he had on. "Well, if we are ready, let's get underway." He grabbed her hand, and then wnet down stairs. He paid for his room. "Le fael." He bowed to the landlady, and turned towards Peridot. "That was Elvish for 'Thank you'. Come, let us travel now." He opened the door, let her go first, and then exit himself.

http://www.arwen-undomiel.com/elvish/phrases.html  
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:45 pm
Viper 9000
Incognita Ninja

Purri Town
Forest Inn

“It’s a strong caffeinated brew made from coffee beans that are ground into a fine grit and mixed with boiling water. Sometimes milk” Bess replied with a groggy smile, starting to act more like her normal tease as the scent of the beverage tickled her nostrils.

“Mmm!” she took a sip of her drink when it was done, walking back over to Midnight and holding a smaller cup out to her. “Here, try. But not too much…I don’t know if it’s good for the babies. I can add sugar if you think it’s too bitter” she offered, curiously peering at her around the upheld piece of paper. “See any clues?”

Then her friend said something that seemed to connect the dots. Bess laughed, accidentally spilling some coffee on herself. “Oh wow, it’s glaringly obvious. Opposite forces! Like…Midnight and Morning!” Bess gasped. Setting her coffee down, she started to grab up her clothes in a hurry, walking into the bathroom and starting the shower, popping her head back round the door excitedly. “We have to get going. It means your mate is at our village! I’ll hurry up and go get that stuff for Aidenna so we can head back right away. I know a short cut”

Purri Town - Travelling

Peridot shone a relieved smile when Eralin approved her choice of travel gear. She felt so silly in all this new clothing, especially since she wasn’t sure she’d be needing all of it. She lightly plucked at the sleeve of her blouse when he mentioned that she might tear it and frowned softly. “Uh…well, I have a long sleeve shirt in my backpack if it gets cold. I can always swap it for that if I do tear it somehow” she replied, glancing at his cloak with interest. The mottled colours confused her eyes and she couldn’t tell quite which colour it was. It had to be Elven design. She was going to ask him about it when he suggested they get underway.

Peridot nodded and moved out of the way so that Eralin could get out his door. She was blocking it just standing there. When he took her hand, she felt her body shaking slightly as a mixture of nerves and excitement swept through her. She clumped down the stairs after him with wobbly legs, almost tripping over her new boots.

Watching his exchange with the landlady, Peridot bowed also, stammering the same words she heard Eralin use. “Um…L-Le Fael” she whispered, blushing straight after. She was worried she got it wrong but the landlady laughed softly. “You are welcome”

She exited the inn and walked with Eralin, wondering where they were going. “So…are we taking mounts for this trip or going on foot?” she asked politely, looking at her friend. “I know lots of people use Zinna but they’re kind of expensive to hire”

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Viper 9000

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:04 am
Purri Town
Forest Inn

"If its used to wake people up, that's the last thing I want in my system. But I'll humor you and try some anyway in hopes it only works on the one drinking it and not the ones that might be mooching a ride." Midnight replies, taking the offered cup of coffee and tried a sip. Despite her name sake, Midnight always thought herself a morning person and had no real trouble waking up. The sip of coffee proved her wrong.

"Not really tasty as you made it out to be but I can't deny that I am very awake now..."

Midnight watched Bess buzzed about the room as boar-girl connected some invisible dots that completed the letter's message. "Couldn't he just have said something like, Morning is here, get your butt back home?" Midnight asked, escaping the warm embrace of the bed's blankets. Once free of the sheets, Midnight began the process of dressing herself in her borrowed clothes, a difficult task if one considered how big her belly was and how much it hindered her natural movements.  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:20 pm
Purri Town
Travelling

Eralin took in a deep breath of air before answering. "We are going by foot some of the way, and hopefully, if we can get to the Hoofed Tribe, we can ride on horses. Maybe it's time I explained why I am traveling, so that you are not so lost." He walked briskly, but then slowed as the memories came back to his mind.
"I look only 13, but with my folk, I am over one thousand years old. In fact, I am 1872 years old." He laughed quietly to himself. "My sister is older than me by 1008 years, and yet she is one who is lost, and not I." He took a deep breath, and then let it out slowly. "She and I came from a royal family, but it doesn't matter now. I can't find my parents, and I can't find my sister. She had a traumatic injury, causing her to forget somethings. I just hope she hasn't forgotten me." He turned around and looked at Peridot. "Am I boring you? This is the first time I actually told someone this." He gave her a smile, and gently clucked her chin. "One day she disappeared, without a trace, so I vowed that I would bring her back. That's the reason why we are going to the Hoofed Tribe." He smiled, and then struck a thoughtful pose. "I noticed you looking at my cloak. It's mottled like that to blend in with the forest shadows." He winked at her. "I believe I can get you one just like it. Come on." Eralin grabbed her hand and walked briskly toward a shop. Minutes later, he handed her a cloak just like his. "Here you go."  

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:43 pm
Purri Town
Forest Inn

Shedding her nightdress and robe, Bess laughed at Midnight’s comments about the coffee, a slice of a grin appearing as she called back through the semi-open door, “Hey, the word tasty never left my lips. And good, we both need to be awake if we’re gonna get moving”

Tossing her night clothes into the laundry basket provided, she took a moment to tuck her hair up under a shower cap, rolling her eyes at the question about her tribe leader.

“That’s Kilcarn for you. He probably didn’t want to advertise it to the whole of Purri, in case there’s someone else who might be interested in Morning’s whereabouts. He’s thoughtful like that” she laughed, shaking her head. “But yeah, that’s essentially what it boils down to. Nice of him to let us know, hey?”

She stepped under the flow of the shower and sighed, closing her eyes. Bess enjoyed the soothing warmth of the water on her muscles but didn’t linger too long, only enough to get clean with some of the heavenly smelling soap the inn had provided.

Once they were both dressed and had all their gear, Bess went downstairs to reception and paid for their room, handing over the key before heading into the town with Midnight to run her errand. She figured she’d only be a short while getting the poison, so she left Midnight to wander around and look at things, arranging to meet up with her back at the road’s main exit to the forest.

A while later, Bess approached the meeting point, her pouch now considerably lighter than it had been when they left. She glanced at it warily, tucking it out of sight as she looked around for her friend. She wouldn’t want its deadly contents falling into the wrong hands.

The man she’d obtained it from was a strange sort. Not an elf but a human. There had been something off about him. She’d been glad to get the poison for Aidenna and go. Though she did have to wonder how the two knew each other and what transpired that he owed her a favour.

The other thing that had her pondering was whether Midnight found anything of interest while wandering around in the town. It’d be something to ask her about on the way back to the village.

Incognita Ninja

Purri Town
Travelling to Hoofed Tribe

“Oh. That sounds good” Peri looked excited when he mentioned horses. She’d never got to ride one before and the idea was both a little scary and interesting to her. She didn’t like the way he said IF they could get to the hoofed tribe but she knew it was risky to travel anywhere in Purri, with tribes fighting each other here and there, the weather, the native flora and fauna and of course, the monsters that had been released into the world to try and capture people…Peridot swallowed nervously and shook her head. Best not to think about that.

She tried to keep up with Eralin as they walked through the town, having to take a few extra steps to match his easy strides. She was grateful when he slowed down a little, able to listen to him better. She almost stumbled when he told her his age, having no idea how to respond. Of course she knew that elves lived a long time but her eyes and her mind got confused. He looked so young! But he acted so...well, not 'old' exactly, but not that mature either.

Listening to his story, she couldn’t help being amazed as questions raced through her mind. So he had a sister and ties to a royal family. And he was searching for the missing sister who might forget him, which was very sad but… Oh please, don’t let it be that he’s secretly a prince. Peridot thought. She would die of humiliation if that were true.

She was about to comment on everything he said thus far when he asked if he was boring her. The girl looked up at him in surprise, flushing a little as she waved a hand. “Oh no, not at all! I find it very interesting. Actually…I’m flattered that you’ve chosen to tell it to me. If…if I can, I’d love to help you find your sister” she stammered, looking down as her cheeks reddened further. “Thought I’m not sure how much help I’d be”

She giggled shyly when he clucked her chin, wondering if he was playing with her. Or maybe she’d looked a bit down. His story had saddened her somewhat.

Peridot glanced up at him again after taking a moment to compose herself, curious when he told her where they were going. Her mind was buzzing with questions!

She opened her mouth to try and ask him something, when he mentioned the cloak. The blush that had been fading on her cheeks brightened again, especially when he winked at her. When had he seen her looking?! The saying was indeed true that elves had sharp eyes. “Y-yes, I was looking at it before. That sounds really useful” she commented, nodding when he explained how it worked.

She didn’t try to pull away when he grabbed her hand, though she did squeak and protest at the thought of him buying her something. She’d already spent enough money on herself and he’d done so much for her already.

But her protests were soon drowned as he insisted on pulling her into a nearby shop.

Accepting the garment, she thanked him profusely, removing her pack to put it on. It felt surprisingly weightless and she was able to shoulder her pack again with ease, barely noticing the cloak was there. “Thank you so much for the gift, you really didn’t have to” she smiled at Eralin, secretly excited that she had something Elvish in her possession. “The material feels so soft…almost like air” she remarked, feeling the fabric in fascination.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:18 pm
Meyaira Firespring

(Lemme know if I did this prematurely and I'll edit my post to fix it.)

Purri Town
Forest Inn

Sure enough Midnight did find something of interest while she waited for Bess' return. While she wasn't near their agreed meeting point, Midnight remained in line of sight of it and waved Bess over as soon as she spotted the boar-girl in the crowd.

"What are these things?" Midnight asked, nodding her head at the creature on the opposite side of the fence she stood at. The creatures were a variety of colors and patterns but roughly the shape so she assumed them to be the same species. Standing closest the fence was an gold-orange one with a sun-like shape on its flanks and a green gem to match its eyes.  

Viper 9000

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:16 am
Humans/Elves Tribe - Purri Town

((That’s fine, Viper ^_^))

Bess was starting to get worried about her friend not showing up and began searching the area for her, when she spotted a figure waving to her from several buildings away.

She squinted and when she realised it was Midnight, she hurried over right away.

“Hey, what’s going on? I thought you’d be anxious to leave” she asked worriedly, wondering what could have caused her to tarry.

She looked into the paddock grounds that attached to a well-kept bestiary and stables, her eyes roaming to the one paddock that housed some herds of Zinna.

“Ohhh! You found Zinna. They’re flighty creatures that are used for transport. Like a horse but they can run faster over longer distances. Believe me, it’s a real pain in the behind when one gets a fright and takes off” she giggled.

“I once hired one for a trip and it escaped when some birds flew in front of it. It got startled and ran off into the forest. Took us a whole day to find it again. The owners weren’t very happy when we returned it. Said it was stressed and then I had to pay the health care fees...so, I don’t have quite the good reputation with them” she admitted with a nervous chuckle.

Bess leaned on the railing of the fence and watched the one Midnight had picked out, looking at it appreciatively.

“Say, that’s a nice one you’ve got your eye on. Too bad we don’t have any money or we could hire it out” She grimaced wryly, resting her head on her arms lightly while a soft smile came to her face.

The Zinna were the preferred mounts of the elves who lived in this world. They were sleek and elegant and fast. She watched two of them walk towards each other and make soft whinnying chimes, their forehead gems lighting in 'conversation'.

One leaned over and lovingly licked the other’s nose, then they twined necks together, rubbing against each other cutely with their tails swaying happily.

“Aww, looks like there might be some eggs from those two” Bess giggled, pointing them out to Midnight. A spotted one and a white one, she wondered what the offspring would look like. Dalmations probably.

Just then, the orangey-gold one Midnight had her eye on came up and went barging through the two snuggling Zinna, breaking up their romantic moment.

It snorted musically and dove its head to snap up a tasty looking yariss flower that had been right in their path. Raising its head, it munched the flower down, oblivious to the annoyed calls of the two it had interrupted.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:26 pm
Humans/Elves Tribe - Purri Town

"Agreed..." Midnight answered, her eyes still following the orange-gold Zinna about the paddock despite its actions.

"Once we return home, I will do as I said before we left and begin to work with your blacksmith. That way I can make some money to paid back all the kindness your tribe has shown me as well as buy myself one of these creatures..." Midnight added, clicking her tongue in hopes that the creature would come to her.

Noticing she had caught the gold one's attention, the were-bear continued to click her tongue as she reached through the fence and offered the creature her hand to sniff.  

Viper 9000

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:56 pm
Purr Town
Traveling to Hoofed Tribe

Eralin smiled. "It's made by the Lorien elves. Or rather, it's made here after the Lorien elves taught the elves here." He leaned in closer to whisper in her ear. "It is said that the same cloth helped the destruction of the One Ring. At least, that's what my grandfather told me." Eralin opened the shop's door for Peridot, and before he went after her, he turned around and bowed to the shopkeeper. "Le Fael." It was spoken softly, but the shopkeeper understood him, and bowed back. Eralin caught up with Peridot with his long easy strides. "Well, should we go, m'lady?" He gave her an elegent bow and held out his hand as if she was going to step out of a carriage. His eyes twinkled in the light. "So, do you have any questions for me?" He glanced at her, now at her side and he matched her pace.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:57 pm
Humans/Elves Tribe - Travelling to Hoofed Tribe

It nudged into her hand, sniffing for treats. The Zinna shrilled an inquiring sound at her and cocked its head. Reaching to tickle her with tendril-like feelers that sprouted either side of its nose, the orange-gold animal slipped long giraffe-like tongue out and started licking Midnight’s palm, its tail swaying happily.

“I’m sure Aidenna would like that a lot. She’s too busy with everything she does. Plus, she likes having people to talk to” Bess replied, watching Midnight interact with the animal. Bess got an idea.

“If you have your heart set on that one, we may as well try to reserve it. I’ll go and have a word with the manager!” She left Midnight without waiting for a reply and headed into the stables before returning about ten minutes later, looking hopeful.

“Good news. They say they want to get this one off their hands and they’ve been trying to sell it for a while. Apparently it causes a lot of trouble with the other animals. They said they’ll hold onto it for you unless there’s another buyer who wants it sooner but they don’t think that’s likely. He has a bad reputation for tossing his riders and running off” she giggled, patting the Zinna’s outstretched neck.

“Come on, we should go. I’m not trying to be pushy but I don’t really like carrying this poison around for longer than I have to” she frowned, glancing at the pouch on her belt and starting to walk away.

Purri Town

She listened to his explanation and nodded, pondering over the name he’d mentioned. It sounded beautiful to her and she couldn’t help but think that the Lorien elves must also be. Her fingers toyed with the fabric of the cloak again but she let it go when he whispered in her ear. Peridot giggled, resisting the urge to flinch away. He came so close all of a sudden!

The words ‘One Ring’ sent shivers down her spine. She felt all the hairs on her body stand on end. She shuddered after the sickening sense of foreboding had passed, trying to wipe the sensation from her mind. Even having no idea what that ring was, the way he’d said it just left her with an uncomfortable feeling. Peridot wasn’t sure if she wanted to know more about that tale, even though she was half tempted to ask.

“Oh…I see” she said instead, wishing she could get her thoughts together so she could talk properly.

She uttered her thanks as he opened the door for her and she quickly stepped outside so he wouldn’t have to hold it for long.

She walked outside a short way and waited for him, offering a timid smile when he returned.

“Um, y-yes! We should…” Peridot squeaked, blushing easily as he played around again. She had an idea to curtsey back yet she couldn’t quite bring herself to do it. But the way his eyes twinkled had her all a-flutter. Peridot hesitated, lifting her hand half way before letting it drop to her side again, not sure if she was supposed to place it on his.

“Sure, I’m all ready. Let’s continue” Peridot answered, starting to walk off before she even finished speaking. She tried to hide her face from him, unable to look at her travelling companion for the time being. Peridot blinked as he talked to her, chewing her lower lip “Ummm….well, I did wonder about the world you have come from before you came here” she admitted, “And the Lorien elves. But you don’t have to tell me”

They had walked through the town and come to the bridge that spanned the river, arcing over it into the forest on the far side. The bridge was wide enough for more than one person yet it had no railings or sides. Any persons crossing would have to watch their step.

The guards at the bridge let Eralin pass through without a problem. They had already been informed that Peri was leaving for a holiday, so they let her through too, aided by the fact she was Eralin’s companion.

She looked around as they entered the forest path, the scents of greenery and sunlight perfuming the air. Her boots trampled softly over leaf litter and earth, cracking twigs here and there, noisily rustling leaves. Eralin’s however, made very little sound at all. She watched his steps, trying to figure out how he did it.  

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Viper 9000

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:54 pm

"Fair enough." Midnight replied, stroking the creature's feelers a few more times before turning away. "Goodbye, see you again hopefully."

Waddling after with her long strides, Midnight quickly closed the distance Bess had covered while she was saying goodbye to the Zinna.

"So what's this poison for if you don't mind me asking?" Midnight asked, stilling her wobbling belly as it took longer to slow down than she did.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:25 pm
Purri Town/Forest

Eralin pondered for a bit. "My mother and father come from Valinor, the Undying Lands, though they were from Middle Earth. My half brother was one of the Original Fellowship members. My sister, Nabelin, is my full sister. I believe we were born at Valinor, but I'm not sure. My only great grandmother is the ruler of the Lorien Elves. Her name is Lady Galadriel. My sister and I have inherited her blonde hair, even though my maternal grandfather thought we would inherit our mother's dark hair, like our Aunt Arwen. I also think that our father's hair color also helped. Anyways, back to the Lorien elves." Eralin looked at Peridot. "Are you following this? So, the Lorien elves lived in the woods of Lothlorien, also known as the Golden Wood. It was said that my half-brother, Legolas, entered that wood and mourned for the wizard, Gandalf. The Lady (Lady Galadriel) gave each one of them, except Gandalf, cloaks that would hide them from unfriendly eyes. These cloaks are the same, though the elves here dyed the mottled colors on to them. Does that answer your question? Also, elves just have the natural ability to walk quieter. It's more enhanced in my family, since we came from Middle Earth. We can even walk on snow and leave no footprint." <- (See The Fellowship of the Ring for proof of that) He looked at the forest surrounding them. "Guess this is just a good enough spot as any. It's shelter, and has plenty of trees for target practicing."  

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:27 pm

Whistles and croons sailed after Midnight’s retreating back as she walked away from the paddock. The zinna watched until the woman who had been kind to it veered out of sight, into the forest. It snorted, resting its chin upon the railing of the fence and watching the spot where they disappeared but eventually gave up and went back to seeking food.

Bess looked thoughtful for a minute, the only sounds being birdsong and their footfalls upon the leafy path.

“Aidenna uses it to coat the tips of weapons and imbue blades with poison. For the monsters, she says. Those things are hard to kill and it weakens them” she spoke softly, glancing around while they walked, lightly fingering her bow. She felt paranoid just talking about it in case there were sentries unseen anywhere around them.

“When it’s used another way, you can make a fairly effective explosive from it. Unfortunately, you have to be very careful. The catalyst is just water; so if it gets wet…” she laughed nervously, patting the hidden bag of poison.

“This is wrapped in waterproofing but still, you can understand why I don’t want to walk far with this pouch strapped near my leg. I’m worried every time it rains”

There was a pause in which Bess started grinning to herself. “Almost gives a new meaning to the term thunder thighs”

She was being silly but it didn’t hurt to lighten the mood. It’d help her keep her mind off the poison powder.

She continued to chatter with Midnight while they travelled, stopping for breaks along the way, including the stream they had stopped at the first time.

After that, they entered the thin belt of unclaimed territory that ran between the borders of the insect tribe and the canines’.

They were almost half way to the river crossing back into the hoofed tribe territory when they encountered a diversion. It was now twilight and Bess knew there could be wild animals appearing on the trail. She carried no torch with her, as she and Midnight could both see well enough due to their enhanced vision and the light attracted things. But the creatures that lived in the forest could smell, taste and hear if not use their other senses.

And so, when Bess caught a whiff of a Prowler on the trail, she froze stiff, motioning for Midnight to stay still and quiet.

“Prowler. Carnivores…the canine tribe loves them” she whispered.

A low growl came out of the trees behind them and she turned to see two more prowlers emerge from the forest onto the track, padding on silent digitigrade paws. They looked almost like oversized foxes, with long crocodile mouths packed with ripping teeth and ragged, mottled grey and brown fur that had greenish moss growing through it, giving them the perfect camouflage. Normally, they waited hidden, crouched on the forest floor, in a nook or a hollow, half covered with leaves…and snapped up in their croc jaws any unwary animal who strayed too close. But at night, they became bolder and liked to hunt in small packs, prowling around.

“Ohh, just our luck” Bess sighed, looking around for an escape.

She knew there was a smaller trail leading off to the right, towards the insect tribe’s area. Unfortunately the first Prowler was standing right next to it.

Bess unslung her bow and notched an arrow from her quiver. “I don’t like shooting the native wildlife” she muttered to her companion, “So if I can distract them with an arrow, that would better. There’s a trail we can use to escape them on the right, or we can try to get past and keep going. There might be more of them ahead though. What do you want to do?”

Purri Town/Forest

She listened to his voice as they walked, finding it mysteriously soothing. He spoke so calmly and moved so easily; avoiding rocks, tree roots and branches all with fluid grace. In comparison, she would trip and stumble every few seconds, at least that’s how it felt to her. She felt clumsy and slow, picking the odd leaf or snagged weeds from her hair and clothing.

Confusion set in with all the things he mentioned, trying to explain to her. Yet when he asked if she was following, Peridot nodded silently. She didn’t want to make him repeat himself. Besides, she would feel bad saying no because then he’d have to answer endless questions. (Such as who Gandalf was, what sort of wizard, why did his cousin mourn for him…and that was only one person!)

“It sounds like you have a large family” she replied instead, listening to the rest of the details. The golden woods sounded beautiful. She couldn’t quite imagine it; her mind conjured yellows of autumn leaves, which she felt sure was wrong.

“Oh, sorry…that’s incredible” She blushed when he mentioned the ability to tread lightly, embarrassed at being caught watching him again. Her head was spinning from all the information so she forgot to be subtle and must have been outright staring by now.

Still, it was nice to hear Eralin talk while they meandered along the peaceful forest trails. She didn’t know how long they’d been walking when he chose to stop at a small, secluded clearing. Her strained breathing and aching legs told her she’d done more exercise than she was used to though. “Oh, that’s good. I could use a rest” Peridot sighed, walking into the clearing and slumping onto the ground with her back against the nearest ‘comfy’ tree. She rested, listening to the birds, rubbing her sore calves. “It’s nice here. The forest is very pretty” she looked around at the trees when Eralin mentioned targets. “Um, forgive me if this question is rude but after living for so long, do you still need to use them for target practise?” she asked curiously. She’d have thought one-thousand-and-something years was enough to become an expert at anything. He had to have done well over the minimum ten thousand hours.

Peridot pulled one of her water bottles from her pack and took a drink, though careful not to take too much. She didn’t like the idea of no bathrooms and would prefer not to for as long as she could. She closed her eyes, listening to the sounds of the forest; scurries, insect wings, bird songs. It was all a pleasant distraction to the little tree snake that was slowly slithering down the back of her top.

Main Role Play Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff