Welcome to Gaia! ::

Purri Paradise!

Back to Guilds

A fantasy roleplaying guild based on a made up world and creatures. 

Tags: Neko, Fantasy, Roleplay, Sci-Fi, Lifestyle 

Reply Main Role Play Forum
RP Areas for Human/Elves Tribe - 12. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Viper 9000

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:46 am
Humans/Elves Tribe - Travelling to Hoofed Tribe

Midnight snorted as she tried to stifle her sudden laugh. Bess was normally a very serious person so to have her suddenly cracking jokes like that caught the were-bear female off guard.

--------------------------------

Unslinging the spear she was gifted before leaving the hoofed tribe from her back, Midnight held it at the ready and eyeballed the advancing pack of Prowlers, seeking out the biggest of them as that one was most likely to be the pack leader.

"While I can understand your feelings about not wanting to shoot the wildlife, sometimes the law of the jungle takes precedence; kill or be killed." Midnight replied, dropping into a defensive stance and bracing for attack. "We're both seasoned fighters, we got this..."

(Hardly seemed fitting for them to run away from a fight, besides now I have a chance to make Midnight go full were-bear and be really impressive. biggrin )  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:59 am
Purri Forest
Traveling to Hoofed Tribe

Eralin noticed the snake, but didn't say anything only becuase he knew Peridot needed to learn how to be comfortable in the forest. "Well, I am over those "hours", but to throw a knife silently, I need more practice." He grabbed his canteen and took a long swig of the water. "It would be better for you to drink more. It helps the body to regain strength, not to mention it flushes out poisions, it helps with getting better sooner, and it prevents dehydration, which could lead to death."  

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:37 pm
Incognita Ninja

(Well, the idea was to have them forced into running straight into the insect tribe’s territory. But we can still do that while incorporating your idea. *thinks for a minute* We’re gonna need more Prowlers…)

Large Forest Near Insect Tribe

"Okay. But are you sure you'll be all right to fight in that condition?" Bess questioned worriedly. What if Midnight went into labour?

But she didn't have time to hear her friend's reply. Their scent had been caught.

The prowler further up the path had fixed its gaze on them; a flash of red points in the dark as its reflective lenses caught the moonlight. It let out a gurgling, threatening growl and a fierce hissing noise. It sprang forwards and dashed towards them, jaws snapping for a bite. Bess let her arrow fly, hurriedly notching a second one as sounds of paws thundering from behind them joined the first set. Crocodiallian growls mingled with eerie fox howls came from the other two Prowlers...and Bess cringed as she heard new ones echo in the distance. "They're attracting more of their buddies. Looks like we have to fight!. I'll take these two while you go for the big guy"

Her arrow had found its mark in the huge beast's upper shoulder, causing it to snap at the shaft, momentarily distracted from it's target.

Purri Forest

“Ah, okay” she sighed softly, nodding to show she was listening as she lay there with her eyes closed.

She heard the slosh of water in a canteen and blinked a few times, leaning forward to see where it came from.

“Ah, right. I’ll remember that” Peridot murmured awkwardly, disliking the mention of death and averting her eyes. She didn’t feel thirsty. Nevertheless, she took out her water bottle again, intending to have another sip to show she’d taken his advice but ended up drinking more than she thought she would. Surprised at herself, she capped the bottle and replaced it in her pack, feeling more refreshed.

“Mm…”

The girl wriggled slightly, feeling something cold against her skin. Thinking it was a plant vine that had gone down her top, she reached behind with a disgruntled expression and grabbed it, pulling it out to toss away.

Before doing so, she glanced at the thin viny thing offhandedly. It moved slowly and a tendril of tongue flickered from one end. That's when she noticed a tiny black eye.

Her expression aptly changed to one of horror. Peridot screamed loudly, leaping up from the tree in a flash and flinging the snake away with all her might. Birds in the surrounding area let out alarm calls as they fluttered out of the trees.

“Snakes! A sn-snake was in my clothes!” she gasped in dismay, clutching her hands to her chest and then patting down her clothes in paranoia, turning this way and that to inspect herself and the clearing. “Ugh…I c-can’t believe it was down my top. That’s just horrible!” she shuddered.

A hush had fallen over the clearing but it wasn’t to last for long. Several beings that lived in the forest had heard the shrill scream. In the gloom underneath a rickety old bridge, something trollish awoke and started lumbering from its hiding place towards them.

Peridot cocked her head, hearing a heavy thud in the distance. "What's that?" she whispered, glancing at Eralin worriedly.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:15 am
Meyaira Firespring
(Well, the idea was to have them forced into running straight into the insect tribe’s territory. But we can still do that while incorporating your idea. *thinks for a minute* We’re gonna need more Prowlers…)

(Hehe, sorry about the screwball post. Gotta keep you guessing and such. ^^)

"Nothing I haven't handled before..." Midnight replied, speaking up loud enough to be heard over the chorus of growls and barks. Midnight smiled to herself as she stood back to back with Bess. "I was wondering when I would get a chance to break in Morning Glory..."

Midnight shivered slightly as her body tensed up in preparation to transform into her were-form.

Keeping the prowlers at bay with short quick stabs from her spear, Midnight was ready when one of the prowlers, probably one of the alpha male's sons, lunged forward and tried to exploit a brief opening in Midnight's defences. Spinning lightly on her feet, Midnight whacked the beast in the head with her spear shaft. While it was still recoiling, she swiftly got the head under the prowler's chest and gutted it.  

Viper 9000

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:01 pm

Bess released another arrow, dodging attacks from leaping, snapping jaws and long paws made to club victims into those mouths.

She saw the shudder rift through her friend and jumped back a few metres, wary of the size a fully mature were-bear could grow to. She'd seen the head...once, in the restaurant back home. Gauging from its size, she figured Midnight was impressively huge when fully transformed. "Just make sure you go after the prowlers and not me" she joked, shrieking as the momentary distraction caused the hem of her dress to be snagged. Before it could snap again, an arrow protruded from its tongue, causing the hungry prowler to let go and paw at its mouth in agony.

Bess' shots weren't made to kill; unlike Midnight's reaping blows and gut-splashing attacks, they were made to distract and encumber. The boar girl cringed at the sudden warm slush of blood and innards that splattered her person, unable to dodge far enough out of range to avoid being hit with the backsplash. "Great, did ya have to spill it everywhere?" she shouted. "Eau de Prowler's not my favourite fragrance!"

There were now far too many of the animals on the path to allow Midnight and Bess to run for it. Chilling animal cries and aggressive growls and roars rended the night all around, pinpoints of red blinking everywhere.

"We have to break through...we have to..." Bess stopped shouting, her vision fixed on a hulking figure that was loping towards them, other prowlers dashing around it to make a path. "Ohh, that is a big one..."

It was massive...about the size of a bus. The pack leader by the looks of it and a very powerful one at that. Several of the prowlers ran whimpering with tails between their legs as it batted them out of the way and snapped ferociously at the remainder. A thunderous snarl was followed by a gust of smelly air from the rancid breath as it headed straight for Midnight.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:29 pm
Meyaira Firespring

Midnight smiled at Bess' complaint and aimed her next blow a bit more carefully, the hose of artery blood soaking the were-bear's face instead of Bess. Wiping it clear of her eyes with the back of her arm, Midnight turned to look in the direction Bess was.

"Finally a challenge..." Midnight commented, her blood soaked face making her appear less like a refined were-bear and more like a blood-thirsty savage. "Hold Morning Glory for me..."

Handing off the spear, Midnight advanced towards the pack leader, shedding her human appearance one step at a time. Most the clothes she'd borrowed from Bess and the village didn't survive the transformation. And although she came nowhere close to rivaling the pack leader in size, she was a great deal bigger than she was before (roughly the size of a mini-van I'd imagine).

Roaring loudly, she swatted a large paw at a prowler that had gotten to close. The creature flew backwards into a nearby tree where it broke part of its spine (and/or neck).  

Viper 9000

Incognita Ninja

Hilarious Friend

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Swap Meet 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:11 pm
Purri Forest

Eralin covered his ears, being not used to hearing others scream, unless it was an enemy. He tensed afterwards, feeling the earth shifting with each thud. "I don't know, but whatever it is, it's mad. Either that, or it's coming to investigate whatever woke it up. I suggest running." Eralin grabbed her hand and started to run, his hair streaming out behind him. Finally, he stopped against a tree and had to breathe. Even elves aren't immune to running hard at times. "We can rest here. Just...don't scream anymore." He slid down the tree and closed his eyes. After a couple of minutes, he scouted the surrounding area for dry, dead wood and tinder materials. Once he got enough, he arranged in a tepee like structure and sparked a fire. He got a roaring fire soon enough, and he whittled some tree branches to roast some meat on. Without looking at Peridot, he smoothed out the pack rolls and tried to make things more comfy for her. "What made you scream?" He glanced at the fire and turned the meat on the spit.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:49 pm
Purri Forest

((Next post we move it to the Hoofed Tribe. They're in their territory then, let's say))

Peridot started to shiver, looking around wildly, trying to figure out where the thuds were coming from. She could feel them shooting up from the soles of her feet, the vibrations in the ground seeming to echo. “Is-is-isit because I sc-screamed?” she stuttered fearfully, eyes round in fear at his suggestion of running. “I-I’m sorry. Okay!”

She felt so stupid. She didn’t mean to scream, it was an involuntary reaction. Gripping his hand tightly, she ran with Eralin, tripping over twigs, grasses, rocks. Everything was a blur, her hair fell in her eyes and she panted hard while she tried to keep up with his speed…she couldn’t see where they were going. She wasn’t used to running through the forest, so she clung to his hand with all her might. She knew she was probably squeezing too hard but Peridot was terrified of what would happen if he let go.

She didn’t know how long they ran for, or how far or even where they were going. She hoped Eralin knew. Peridot unclamped her sweaty hand from his and dropped to her knees, paranoia making her scan the area. The thuds had stopped.

She looked up at Eralin and nodded, too winded to reply properly through her gasps for breath. “…’kay” Her face was flushed from running and she could feel a sheen of damp sweat coating her skin.

They stayed there for a while, neither speaking until they’d caught their breaths. Peridot wanted to say something. An awkward pressure in her chest caused her words to stick in her throat and her jaw to seal her mouth shut. She watched Eralin leave to gather firewood. Getting to her feet, she trailed after him, starting to copy; picking up twigs and branches off the ground and handing them over once she collected an armful. She watched him making the structure with the wood and start the fire, paying attention to how he did them. Sitting on one of the unrolled mats, she brought her knees up to her chest and hugged them, watching the meat cooking, staring into the fire. What kind of meat was that anyway? She didn’t think elves ate meat. Eralin kept on surprising her the longer she was around him.

“Umm, I scream when I get frightened. I can’t help it” she mumbled, closing her eyes in shame. She took a breath and managed to admit “Snakes scare me! It was freaky” her voice sounded whiny, high pitched. Her lower lip poked out. She could feel her face grow warm from her actions and she couldn’t bear to open her eyes to look at him right now. “I’m…sorry” Peridot mumbled, wishing she hadn’t attracted the attention of the thudding thing. “Do…do you think it will come looking for us?”

Bess grabbed the spear with a nod, letting go of her bow to take it from Midnight. She’d decided to get as far out of the way as possible, unsure whether the were-bear would recognize her as a friend or a snack in her animal form. Not just that; there were a lot of sharp pointy and powerful things in a restricted space; it was wise to give a little wriggle room for the conflict about to occur.

Shaking, she let the adrenaline burst take control and sprinted to scramble up the nearest tall tree. She had to knock a few prowlers out of the way with her bow, leaping over the backs and heads of a few and dodging the others. She felt light, accelerated; her thoughts racing along with her heart. Bess crouched on the solid branch she’d found, balancing carefully on the spongy moss and craggy bark to unleash arrows from above wherever she felt they were needed. She stole glances at Midnight’s transformation, watching her expand out of her skin and into the magnificent bear form. ‘Very nice!’ Bess thought, feeling glad she’d hidden in this tree, ‘she’s so cool! She’s a giant!’

The tree branch wobbled and Bess snapped back to attention, releasing an arrow into the ear tip of the prowler who’d clamped a protruding smaller branch in it’s mouth and tried to shake her down. “Oi! Cut that out! I want to stay up here where it’s safe” she told them, noticing a change in the animal’s behaviour.

They’d become more aggressive, more desperate and reckless for some reason. A whole lot of them had crowded beneath the tree and were taking turns leaping up her, snapping, trying to grab her feet or the branch. Yet most of the group were swarming Midnight and their leader. She saw them flinging themselves at the bear, almost like some invisible force was driving them. They were protecting their leader! What was going to happen when the large boss was taken out? Bess had a bad feeling. She should try to tell Midnight. But she didn’t want to call her attention when she had no idea if the bear would attack her or not.

The enormous prowler saw the mini-van sized animal charging towards it. Shackles rose all over its body as it snarled and ran towards her with open jaws, bowling its own kin out of the way. It aimed a clubbing swipe at her right side with a raised paw, hoping to tumble her into its waiting mouth when she would try to dodge out of the way. It didn’t anticipate a leap forward or back. This technique usually worked.

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Viper 9000

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:31 pm
Meyaira Firespring

(You know... I never put any thought into weather she would recognize friend or foe while in bear form. Perhaps she can tell the difference between them but she gets bitten by a rabid prowler or something?)

Well aware that her large pregnancy had affected her nimbleness, Midnight opted for the most direction approach, hoping to end this before it got any worse. With any luck, the prowlers would flee upon seeing their leader fall.

Keeping her head low, the were-bear barreled right into the giant prowler's face, her forehead connecting with its snout. With her whole weight behind the attack sent the monster reeling but not before its paw found its target in her shoulder. Thankfully the beast's claws didn't penetrate her thick pelt. The hefty coat of bear fur that now covered her body also doing a great job of fending off the prowlers swarming around her feet, leaving them only with mouthfuls of fur.

Roaring again, Midnight kicked another prowlers as it attempting to climb her hindquarters and get on top of her. Confident her right shoulder could still support her weight, Midnight lashed out at the giant prowler's head with her left paw.

(Also, what are your thoughts on the were-transformation. When Midnight transforms should it force the children to transform as well? Or would they remain human and just have alot more space in her womb while she was in bear form?)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:23 pm
Viper 9000

Stunned from the direct attack and dazed by the pain of the force Midnight used to crack into it's jaw, the Prowler lashed out blindly. It snapped at nothing in particular, swiped its clawed paws without thought, in hopes of retaliation on its combatant.

Digging its claws in when it connected with a solid form, it went to bite at the bear, narrowly missing her head as its teeth aimed to close around her attacking left arm...

...the attack connected and the prowler got a mouthful of fist.

It backed off, shaking its head and yelping hoarsely at the claws that had scratched its mouth. Dizzying rage seemed to cloud its judgement as it gave one more effort to attack the bear, leaping towards her and aiming a sideways club of its heavy paw at her swollen side. Even if the claws didn't pierce the thick fur, it would be enough to bruise or bowl her over...if she wasn't able to withstand it.

Bess had a feeling the big animal was about to lose. A pang of pity for it made her wish she could stop the fight before it died, even though it was a carnivore.

Down to her last three arrows, she'd climbed as high as she could up the tree to get away from the prowlers leaping up at her from below.

Stuck like this, surrounded by them, there was no way she could be of much help. She could see the side path they needed to take up ahead and bit her lip, nervous, debating whether to risk calling out to Midnight so both of them could attempt to flee.

Then she noticed something. The group of prowlers around the base of the tree had thinned out. Most of them must have broken off to join their fellows in defeating the threat that assaulted their leader.

With a bit of space, maybe there was a chance to run for the exit. Bess could dash across to the side-path and call to Midnight. That way she could save her from the doom that was sure to come when the sea of prowlers went wild at the fall of their large leader.

She checked all around her, looking back into the forest behind the path. Maybe she could run through it to use it as cover...permitting she didn't encounter other things lurking hidden near the pathway. She gulped, starting to move in the tree to a branch that would let her jump off it. All the ruckus caused by these prowlers was sure to attract even more unwanted attention...from the lab's monsters and from other tribes.

As the tree rustled with her movements, the prowlers guarding below started to make noises, leaping and snapping, sounding an alarm to the rest. Once their leader fell, she knew they'd come swarming after her as well. Wait...stopping, wobbling, snatching onto the branches again as she'd been just about to leap off, Bess considered the powder in her pocket. Aidenna's powder. The woman would know just how much was missing. She didn't want to use it but...maybe if she used just a little and explained why. All it needed was water. But how could she get it to work? She had her water canteen, arrows, saliva...

((Hey, should I have Bess make a run for it to show Midnight the exit and possibly be chased by an angry were bear as she barrels through all the prowlers, OR use a dust-bomb to create a clear bit through the prowlers once Midnight defeats the boss? I can't decide))  

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Viper 9000

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:23 pm
Meyaira Firespring

(Why not both? Lost in battle rage as she is, Midnight is likely to need extra encouragement to flee. The powder it likely to get into Midnight's eyes as well but animal instincts overloading everthing else shes more likely to chase the next more dangerous thing in the clearing, that being Bess and her dust. Either way, up to you. You are the master of this world. ^.^)

With her ability to dodge completely out of the question, Midnight's mind whipped about seeking a way to take the creature's attack without harming with babies growing inside her body. Seeing no other option the were-bear leaned into the prowler's blow, swinging her belly out of the danger zone and giving the monster her well muscled back rather than her squishy pregnant side.

While the claws were unable to strike deep and catch meat, it still hurt like hell! Thats going to leave a bruise... the human half of Midnight thought, lost deep in her mind while her focused rage controlled her bear form. Bellowing her anger at the pain Midnight brought her head around and up sharply, connected with the prowler's snout/jaw for a second time, this time dislodging teeth loosed by the first blow.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:45 am
Viper 9000

((Okay, just have to find a way to make this work. Just…use your imagination~~~ =u=))

The prowler yelped and backed off a second time, head ducked low while it pawed at its injury and shook it back and forth. Smaller prowlers were knocked this way and that as it flailed about but there were too many of them to clear a path so easily. More crocodilian jaws ripped and snapped at the Bear Mountain or flung themselves, snarling at her weak points, trying to latch onto an arm, a leg, take off a finger maybe.

Seeing an opportunity in the break in the fight, Bess took her chance and leaped off the tree branch, running as soon as she was able to scrabble to her feet.

She sprinted, her boar’s vision aiding her ability to see in the gloom as she leapt over branches and shrubs or avoided rocks and vines.

She was heading towards the branching off path that the pack of prowlers were blocking the way to, using the forest as a cover, though, she dared not stray too deep away from the path while she made her escape. Her hearing told her the few sentries guarding the tree were hot on her trail, yet most of the others were helping attack the main threat and she made it out of the thick foliage.

Bess shot back out onto the path and dashed towards the nearest climb-able looking tree beside the fork in the way. She leaped and grabbed the lowest branch, but not before one of the prowlers chasing her grabbed a hold of her leg, causing her to let out a sharp scream. Kicking out at the side of its mouth before it could use its ‘lockjaw’ manoeuvre, she managed to break free long enough to haul herself up, shaking as she fumbled for her bow and another arrow.

Now to get Midnight’s attention; She wasn’t about to scream “Oi, Midnight!” over the din so this was her time to use the explosive green powder. Bess gritted her teeth, hissing air at the bloody scrapes to her calf and ankle. She hesitated for a moment, trying to figure out how to make her idea work. She had a canteen with water…green powder…arrows. But she couldn’t put the powder onto the water directly or it’d explode in her face! And she couldn’t be sure that if she tossed her canteen, the water would splash a target.

She tugged at her greenish shift, eying a tear the prowlers had made in it. Wait…that was it! She could soak it in water. Tearing off a small strip of the cloth from the ripped piece on the bottom of her dress, she tied it around her third-last arrow in a messy clump. She would have made it bigger but if it was too heavy, the arrow wouldn’t fly right.

The dark-haired girl grabbed her canteen and poured some of the contents onto the cloth, soaking it until it was dripping. Using the branches of the tree, she pulled herself up and used them for support, giving a stifled whimper of pain at having to stand on her sore leg. She could use it. The teeth marks weren’t that deep but that didn’t lessen the pain. Fitting the arrow to her bow,

Bess took aim…

The arrow found its mark in the large prowler’s side, just behind the shoulder. She tore another strip of cloth from her dress, forming her next part of the solution on the fly. Bess fumbled at the pouch at her side, wiping her hands and fingers well on her outfit to make sure no trace of moisture would react with the substance.

Taking one layer of the protective packaging, she poured a little powder into the thin waxed sheet before closing it around the powder and tying it off. She then poked tiny holes in it and using the strip of fabric, tied it onto her arrow, right near the tip. She hurriedly resealed the rest of the powder and placed it back into its pouch, taking aim a second time with her loaded arrow…all she had do was to hit…in roughly the same spot.

Her palms grew sweaty as she aimed carefully and released.

Powder poofed out of the package and landed on the water, sending a medium size explosion and a flash of green light into the packed fray.
A short while later, another explosion occurred, from a tree next to the one Bess was in. That ought to get the were-bears attention!

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Viper 9000

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:59 pm
Meyaira Firespring

(I can do that. biggrin Lets see what you got... blaugh )

Swatting away the smaller prowlers like a human might a fly, Midnight's focus was temporarily pierced by a scream... a humanoid scream. I know that voice, why do I know that voice? Midnight mused, taking a breather as their duel paused shortly.

Backing away as an arrow thudded into the giant prowler, Midnight quickly scanned the area searching for its origin (but not looking up). Arrows were never a good sign, in most cases it signaled that a hunter was near by. Midnight didn't like hunters. They weren't known for their foresight or their ability to tell bear from were-bear.

Her reprieve was interrupted by yet another arrow, this one causing an explosion of sorts. Blinded by the sudden flash of light, Midnight quickly realized this fight was done. Neither of them could continue this fight while a third opponent rained arrows down on them from an unknown location. Smashing a defiant prowler out of her way, Midnight (unknowingly) blundered down the path Bess lurked above and fled in that direction.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:37 pm
Viper 9000

((OOC: I'm moving us to the insect tribe now...so next post will be over there cat_biggrin ))  

Kasumi Roseglimmer
Captain

Main Role Play Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas