Welcome to Gaia! ::

FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Back to Guilds

The best final fantasy guild on gaia; covering for ALL of your Final Fantasy needs! 

Tags: final fantasy, kingdom hearts, square enix, gaming, forever 

Reply FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever
Favorite/Least-Favorite FF Job/Character Classes

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RevvRaptor

Sexy Hero

27,250 Points
  • ReAnimated 50
  • Generous 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:56 pm
Saw the one for Characters and Summons, didn't see one for this, so out of all the various Job/Character Classes dealt with in numerous FF Titles (mostly ones having to do with Crystals), which did you like the most, and which did you loathe?

For me..

Favorite: Blue Mage. Sure, you usually had to take a few lumps to learn these skills, but Blue Mages could easily hold their own. They had their own LV-based attack Spells (Lv5 Death, Lv4 Holy, etc.), their own super-cure-all Spells (White Wind, etc.), Mighty Guard, Elemental attacks (most infamously Aqua Breath), and more. A little patience to learn and master these spells and the Blue Mage class, and pretty much all your enemies will be swiftly decimated.

Least-Favorite: Red Mage. Okay, so the ability to Dualcast Magics is an amazing plus, but the fact you can only use Ra-level White/Black Magics (Cura, Fira, etc.) at best while trying to achieve mastery, including at later stages of the game where the enemies are many times tougher, is ridiculous.. If they could use top-level White/Black Magics though, combined with mastered Blue Magics as a secondary, could we not say broken?

Those are just mine though, how about you guys?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:23 pm
Well my favorite is the black mage. Excelent spell caster
Least favorite red mage same as you dude seriously same as you. I only have played FFX and FFIII though what exactly is a blue mage?  

DarralGreenFan11

RevvRaptor

Sexy Hero

27,250 Points
  • ReAnimated 50
  • Generous 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:35 pm
DarralGreenFan11
Well my favorite is the black mage. Excelent spell caster
Least favorite red mage same as you dude seriously same as you. I only have played FFX and FFIII though what exactly is a blue mage?

Blue Mages are a type of spellcaster-class that use Enemy attacks, they have to be hit by them to learn them, but the attacks are highly-potent in terms of offensive and defensive power.. Basically, they're an all-around casting Class, they can learn their own Healing Magic from enemies, their own Offensive Magic from enemies, and much more.

A really good example of this, if you ever get the chance to play FF8, is Quistis Trepe. Her Limit Break, Blue Magic, is a bit of an off-beat version, as it uses certain Items dropped by certain Enemies to teach Quistis new attacks. Also, Strago (Relm's grandfather) from FF6 is a Blue Mage

Spells can include, but are not limited to: Flamethrower (strong Fire-based magic), White Wind (full-Party healing magic that restores HP based on the caster's current HP), Mighty Guard (casts Shell, Protect, Haste, and more on entire Party), Lv5 Death (instant-kills any Enemy/ies whose Level is a multiple of 5), and Bad Breath (infamous Malboro attack which deals numerous Status Ailments at once to all foes)

Blue Mages, so brutally and awesomely broken a Class are they mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:52 am
Kimahri from FFX was also kind of a Blue Mage.

Favourite: A tough call, either a late game Freelancer from FFV, or a late game Onion Knight from FFIII. Masters of every ability, they are potentially the strongest class in the game. But for an all game class my favourite is probably Knight. Good strength, good defense, and the ability to cover a weakened ally. Also with the ability Two-Handed your strength basically doubled at the cost of your shield, but if you hit harder first, what does defense matter.

Least favourite: Songstress/Singer/Dancer. A waste of a character if you pick any of these jobs. Late in the game monsters become increasingly immune to the status effect dances and there are much better ways to increase your own party's stats. Let's not forget also, that these effects only last until it becomes the singer/dancer's turn again. So temporary Haste/Protect/Shell/Whatever? Just cast the spell on me and let it wear off in 5 turns instead.

Special mentions go out to the following classes: Alchemist (FFX-2) for their Mix and Stash abilities; Ninja for their speed and of course Dual Wield; Gun Mage (Again FFX-2) for basically being Blue Mages with strong fiend killing abilities; Dragoon for Jump and generally looking awesome; and Red Mage (FFTA2) Much stronger than previous Red Mages, the FFTA2 version allowed you to Doublecast any Magicks in the game making them quite powerful.

Kaos Relinade
Crew

Genius

Tempted Rogue Angel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:40 pm
I think summoner is an awesome job. Like Rydia in IV, she could summon, had black magic and for a time had white magic.
I really hated the bards. They did nothing but waste space. sad  
FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff