Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Your 3DS will be coming with Mario, Kirby, Link and Samus! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:10 am
Edit:
wired.com
Nintendo’s AR Games for 3DS

AR Shot

This game is described by our source as a sort of combination of pool and miniature golf. You aim at the ball with a cue stick and hit it around the course, hoping to sink it in the hole at the far end. You can walk around the surface of the table to take shots from different angles. This game was also described in a forum post by a British journalist with a 3DS.
Fishing

Your table becomes a fishing pond, and you lower and raise your rod into the water to pull out bigger and bigger fish. Eventually, a shark might pop out of the water (and out of your screen using the 3-D effect). Our source was quite impressed with the control of the fishing rod and the visual effects that transform your surface into a pool of water.
Graffiti

A 3-D drawing application in which you can use several different paintbrushes and other visual effects, including fire. You can then manipulate the resulting 3-D image, using the 3DS buttons to make it spin around or bounce.
Star Pics

Many of the AR Games, including the one that Nintendo demonstrated to Wired.com, are played using a card with an image of a yellow question mark. Star Pics is played with other cards in the package that feature famous Nintendo characters: Mario, Link, Kirby, Samus Aran and Pikmin.

When you point the 3DS’ cameras at these cards, 3-D models of the characters appear on your table. You can pose them in different positions, then save pictures of scenes you create.
Mii Pics

Very similar to Star Pics, but it uses Mii caricatures that players make of themselves. (You can import your Miis from your Wii console into your Nintendo 3DS.) Nintendo made an oblique reference to this game in its official 3DS literature, calling it “an interactive photo shoot with your Mii characters.”

Also... Pikmin! In the form of AR games!
User Image

More information to come as we figure out what the games are!

I AM EXCITE. I'm sure they'll just be little tech demos, but it's neat that Nintendo is delivering their First party IPs with AR, because that means that they believe it matches up with the integrity of these franchises.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:20 pm
heart  

Super Cheesio

Cognitohazard

Mind-boggling Abomination

19,575 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:39 pm
Yay! More Pikmin!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:46 pm
Can you imagine pikmin in AR... this could either be really slightly disappointing, or better than I'd hoped for  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:30 pm
I wouldn't expect much, but you should at least post a link or an image. Still, neat that there will be an array of AR games on the cards, because we were led to believe they would all six be the same card before this.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:17 pm
Image. First post.

The link was down or to an invalid URL on GoNintendo.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:48 pm
I don't expect them to be too fully fleshed out. More like mini-type games, but any more Pikmin, Kirby, Metroid and Mario is better than none.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:37 pm
Meta_Fish
I wouldn't expect much, but you should at least post a link or an image. Still, neat that there will be an array of AR games on the cards, because we were led to believe they would all six be the same card before this.

They could be if you selected which game it was before using the card, as it'll really only serve as a point of reference. What'll be cool about this is I'm assuming it'll know which game to play based on the image on the card.  

Waynebrizzle

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:39 pm
Could even just be like, a statue of them

that you see in 3D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAHHH  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:57 pm
That thing I said, about about putting an AR card on a person lying down? That is the FIRST thing that I'll be doing with the Pikmin one!! I WANT TO SEE PIKMIN ALL OVER MY FRIENDS CRAWLING ON THEIR SKINNNNN  

Hobo Scruffy

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:48 am
The Eleventh AK

Haha, it's actually sounding like this is closer to truth. The character cards just seem to be pose-able models.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Quote:
We now have an explanation for the multiple augmented reality cards, and it's not as exciting as many were hoping for.

- six options for six AR games
- one game puts Miis in the real world, and then allows you to move them around and change poses
- you can also move around in the real world to get a different look at the Miis
- these cards put Samus, Kirby, Mario etc in the real world
- take pictures of posed characters
- includes sound effects for each respective character
- get all characters on-screen at once
- another AR game is a Billiards style game
- this wraps around your 'terrain', puts obstacles in your way, and then leaves you positioned behind a ball
- move around the ball to aim, and hit A to hit the ball
- hit a target that is around/past the things in your way

So, if my math is correct, we know four of the six AR games. Mii viewer, Star viewer, Billiards and Shooting. I wonder what the other two are!

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=150636  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:04 am
The Eleventh AK

i like this, i want an animated statue of some pikmin horsing around.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:04 pm
One of the other ones is probably that thing that you shoot and looks awesome. (I don't remember it very well...)

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKS0caNPR4o  

Super Cheesio

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:33 pm
They can always bundle new AR cards with any new games that come out, and/or add more functionality to existing cards, too. Augmented reality is one of my favorite features of the 3DS, so I hope it's not just a launch window gimmick that dies off.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff