Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nosada_Kage

6,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:02 pm
hello, i just got the book Genki about a month ago and i was hoping to find a study partner or even a teacher. i'm up to Lesson 4 at this point, but it would be nice to have someone to practice with.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:47 am
Nosada_Kage
hello, i just got the book Genki about a month ago and i was hoping to find a study partner or even a teacher. i'm up to Lesson 4 at this point, but it would be nice to have someone to practice with.

Is that book good? Ive been looking for a good one to use, and how expensive is it?  

Daeuil

5,100 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0

MatchaCosmos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:22 am
I like the Genki books. It's actually my textbook for my japanese class and we're a university class :3  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:48 am
fizz19
Nosada_Kage

Is that book good? Ive been looking for a good one to use, and how expensive is it?

yeah i'd say it's pretty good and not terribly expensive  

Nosada_Kage

6,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100

Nosada_Kage

6,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:49 am
Obliviously Obvious
I like the Genki books. It's actually my textbook for my japanese class and we're a university class :3

i wish i was in a class. do you think we could practice together sometime?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:32 pm
Nosada_Kage
fizz19
Nosada_Kage

yeah i'd say it's pretty good and not terribly expensive

How much did it cost you? and i think i need a japanese learning buddy, having one helps u stay motivated.  

Daeuil

5,100 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0

MatchaCosmos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:14 pm
I don't mind practicing with anyone who really wants to :3 I'm up to lesson 11 with my class (book one)

So I'm pretty confident with most of book one :3 I could use a lot more practice though.

I have msn, skype, and yahoo at the moment; I'll have aim by the end of the night :3

I wouldn't mind practicing over skype with voice calls either; I really need the speaking practice >.O

I have native speakers that are really good friends... but I'm really shy about speaking japanese with native speakers LOL

How much did it cost me for both books, all cds, both workbooks, and teacher's answer key? >.>
pirate arrrg matey~ pirate  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:16 pm
yes i am interested in practicing with anyone, so just message me and let me know. i have YIM and AIM right now, i can voice chat too, but i really need some work there i'd suspect.
well, i bought the first book and workbook it was around $70. i got the CDs and answer key from a torrent. you can get everything from a torrent but i wanted to actually have the books.  

Nosada_Kage

6,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100

Daeuil

5,100 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:59 pm
Oh well atm I don't really have any textbook, ive just been using websites and podcasts to learn what i can, ive learnt how to read hiragana and katakana so far, i just need to work on vocab like really bad, and probably get better at speaking it  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:16 pm
fizz19
Oh well atm I don't really have any textbook, ive just been using websites and podcasts to learn what i can, ive learnt how to read hiragana and katakana so far, i just need to work on vocab like really bad, and probably get better at speaking it

do you have bit torrent? you can download the book that way. but i recommend buying the book, and also a book called Essential Kanji is a great companion.  

Nosada_Kage

6,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100

Daeuil

5,100 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:21 pm
Nosada_Kage
fizz19

do you have bit torrent? you can download the book that way. but i recommend buying the book, and also a book called Essential Kanji is a great companion.

Well i dont think i can afford it atm since im still in high school and dont have a job, and school started a few weeks ago so im still buying some of my school textbooks.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:33 pm
fizz19
Nosada_Kage
fizz19

Well i dont think i can afford it atm since im still in high school and dont have a job, and school started a few weeks ago so im still buying some of my school textbooks.
torrent then, yep yep  

Nosada_Kage

6,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100

Daeuil

5,100 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:34 pm
Nosada_Kage
fizz19
Nosada_Kage
fizz19

torrent then, yep yep

What does it look like if you download it?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:37 pm
fizz19
Nosada_Kage
fizz19
Nosada_Kage
fizz19

torrent then, yep yep

its all page by page in a PDF file. be sure to get the CDs and answer key as well.  

Nosada_Kage

6,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100

Daeuil

5,100 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:41 pm
Nosada_Kage
fizz19
Nosada_Kage
fizz19
Nosada_Kage
fizz19

torrent then, yep yep

its all page by page in a PDF file. be sure to get the CDs and answer key as well.

and approx. how big would it be?  
Japanese language

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces