Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aw Heck, it's a Pokemon!

Back to Guilds

A friendly easy-going pokemon guild, with news, strategies, and more! 

Tags: Pokemon, Nintendo DS, Nintendo, Heart Gold, Soul Silver 

Reply Gen5 - White/Black
Pokemon Black and White Launch!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you plan to pick up Black and White?
  Just the Black Version.
  Just the White Version.
  I plan to get both!
  I pre-ordered!
  I can't afford them right now. :(
  I don't plan to get either.
View Results

dklepto
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:09 am
It's now less than 24 hours away from the U.S. launch of Pokemon Black and White versions! Are you planning to rush out and grab one or both of them?

Personally, I have to wait until Tuesday. crying

But be sure to post your thoughts and reactions to the game (whenever you take a break from it, of course!) and also feel free to post any questions or cries for help! We'll be glad to try to help you figure out what's what! smile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:18 am
Ugghh, I have to wait 11 hours for Gamestop to open~
I'm rushing in right as they open, with 3 other friends.
I'm the only whitey. 8D
everyone wants black.. pffff
i'll post around here when I get it. ^^

Why do you have to wait, btw? >:  

Kawaii Gary

Fuzzy Gaian

dklepto
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:01 am
Well, after paying my bills, I'm kinda broke. *LOL* I pre-ordered Dragon Age 2 to get the bonuses, but I have to hold onto my cash to finish paying for that on Tuesday, so I'm going to put Pokemon Black and Pokemon White on my Best Buy card! sweatdrop I'm going to get them all in one trip so I don't have to use too much gas, because gas is EXPENSIVE! *LOL*

I have to admit, though, that even though I'm getting both, Black will probably be my primary version. I'll use White to trade over a complete set of starters and then whatever else is exclusive to the White version. Ultimately, my goal is to get a complete pokedex in both!

Meanwhile, while I'm waiting to get those, I'm going to be wrapping up HeartGold and SoulSilver. I've got 480 out of the 493 pokemon, and I need to catch Kyogre and Rayquaza, evolve a few starters like Squirtle and Bulbasaur, and catch Deoxys in Guardian Signs, and then I'll have them ALL...until I start over again with Black and White! *LOL*  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:22 pm
Awww, bills suck. sad So do gas prices. D:

I still haven't beat gold either, I fail. But I'm doing that after I beat black. c: I did complete my Pearl, though, and my platinum too, but a friend kinda deleted it.. and well, all that time.. I just don't wanna do it again. T 3T
I prefer white, cause I like white? lol, there's no real reason.

Well, so far, I jsut beat the 2nd gym, I didn't get the game until 1PM-ish, and I've been playing since, messing around with all the new things. 8D I enjoy that C-gear thing, It's amazingly cool. I also enjoy the new battle style, it's much quicker and the moving sprites are win. So far the routes are VERY short, though. sad And a lot of the names are odd, like roggenrola... lol  

Kawaii Gary

Fuzzy Gaian

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:43 pm
I just lost my job so I probably won't be getting either anytime soon. All my savings have to go for the food and school stuff.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:08 am
Aww man, that sucks, Miss! sad I wish there was something I could do for you!

And iGerik, I started White but I'm only an hour or so in so far. I haven't had a lot of time to play. But I hope to start posting some guide info really soon! Some of the names are weird, but better than I thought they would be from the Japanese versions.

I started with Oshawott, but I plan to trade it over to Black and restart until I have a complete set of starters for both games. *L* Sad, but true!  

dklepto
Captain

Kawaii Gary

Fuzzy Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:47 am
@Klepto: Awesome! 8D I've got like 7 other friends with this game, so I've got all the starters covered.. lol.
I've been trying so hard to memorize the names and typees. xD; I think I've got most of them memorized

If anyone cares, it's been a week and about 12 hours since I got mine~

I completed the entire game, battled all trainers, revisted all areas.
I'm currently working on My Pokedex, I've transfered the starters from kanto, and some other unobtainable pokemon from Kanto over, as well, to complete my dex~
Last weekend, on Saturday me and my friend who play ALL games together tried the multi battle subway challenge, and lost 3 times to the sub masters. xD; His Durant, oddly enough was our problem.. But we defeated him, with non EV'd, and not perfect natured/characteristic Pokemon. I had a Scrafty w/out Drain punch and a Porygon Z with max Sp.atk from my Pearl, he had a hydreigon and a Haxorus, and a Vulcarona, but I forget ifwe beat the masters with the Volcarona..
I'm starting to construct a team for competitivie battling, but I still need more sybway points for all the good stuff, like the Sash, Life Orb, Lens, wtc.
I bought the atk, defense, and speed power items, the one that bring your EVs up by +4. I've veen breeding like a mad man, and luckily got a Gigalith with 30 atk IVs, 28 HP and 27 Def IVs, Brave nature with 'proud of it's power' and it's characteristic. :I
Got a Quiet Sturdy Body Reinculus, with 20+ IVs and 15 - Speed IVs, I forget what they were and I'm about to go to sleep.. xD;
GOing to work on a Ferrothorn tomorrow, and another Scrafty cause the one I got after hours of breeding has 0 IVs on both defenses, but 25+ on speed/atk/hp, still thinking if I should go back.. ; o;
My team so far is
Jolly Scrafty
Drain Punch
Ice Punch
Bulk Up
Crunch

Quiet Reinculus
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Trick Room
Focus Blast

Brave Gigalith
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Explosion

2 of my pokemon require Trick room to be used successfully. ^^; But I'll see how battling goes with them so far. <3

Got Landorus, Kyurem, and the 3.. that trio thing.. ;o
Yuup, I love this game. I already have 110 hours on it. I have no life, but the one I have with pokemon is amazing. :3  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:44 am
That's awesome! I wish I had that much time to play, but so far I've restarted five times...one more to go and I'll have two complete sets of starters and I can really get underway. I'm taking my time with the most recent restart of white. Honestly, I'm more about getting them all and evolving them all than I am about battling, since I don't have anyone to battle locally and I don't have regular wi-fi access. *L* So I can pretty much take my time getting them all! wink

Sounds like you've got a pretty awesome team! xd  

dklepto
Captain

Gen5 - White/Black

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas