Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

killerqueen121

3,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:09 pm
Okay, so i only know about 3 words in japanese, and that won't get very far in the carrear i want to be in. (Manga.) So may someone try to help me!

Also, my computer is old, and anything that was typed differently, (Like kanji) appears as rectangles.

So if someone will help me, i need then to do 3 things.

1. Reply wiht the best link to let me download (Free please!) the japanese characters to my computer.
2. This person must be very good with japanese. (I want/need to know romanji(Pronuceation),kanji/kana)
3. Pm me with romanji/how to write them so i can learn the launge correctly.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:30 pm
I don't recommend learning by romanji. Romanji lies.

Don't take shortcuts. You'll only cheat yourself out in the long run. Learn the kanas like everyone else who really wants to know the language.

as for the IME, google your operating system with japanese ime  

MatchaCosmos

Kai Shi

7,850 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:40 pm
^ Totally agree! Learn the kana first, that will help you so much in the long run.

Take a look through some of the lessons here or find some others online, there's a lot of material out there. Or if you learn better in a classroom, try checking around in your community if there's lessons offered. There's a good variety of introductory learn Japanese fast sort of books around. Try browsing some reviews and see what could work best for you!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:45 pm
also check your local public library for any resources you could check out for free and check with your local general consulate of japan to see if they can recommend anything :3  

MatchaCosmos

killerqueen121

3,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:56 pm
Alright thanks! I just want to learn the right way. Besides, i live withen walking distance of my libray, so I'll drop by after school. Also, i might try and get my mom to download the lauange.

Thank you!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:58 pm
PM me and skype me. I've carried myself out of utter n00bdom. still very much so, but not that blind.  

AhrimanHJ

Miyu_Aizawa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:56 pm
You don't need to learn romanji. Anyone with half a brain can figure it out quickly. you just need to know how things are basically pronounced. Skip right to Hiragana and then Katakana. That's the best way to do it.

It's a little silly asking for so much help right off when it doesn't seem like you've put much effort in. There are resources on the internet, many of which are posted here or on any other learning japanese guild. All it takes is a little looking around.
I personally have spent a lot of time looking for online resources.
It takes a lot of work and dedication to learn this language.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:05 pm
Plus it not only learn that you it forming and structure sentences too.  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250

killerqueen121

3,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:46 am
Sorry for being noobish. I have found some great resources in my libray, and am currently studying out of book of hiragana and katakana, plus one on kanji. I also got a few tapes to hear how they speak the laugange. Thanks for the help!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:23 pm
Glad that help you.  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250

azngirl249

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:33 pm
I'll help too! If you guys wanna learn Japanese I'd suggest you try finding some Japanese learning websites on Google.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:17 pm
That is great post up some the Japanese website.  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250

Lera Crow

Fashionable Sex Symbol

11,000 Points
  • Married 100
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:40 pm
hello. i have been a solitary learner of japanese. i would love to learn more. but it's been hard for me to keep focused. does anyone know a good way to do that?? also would love some help studying. so if you can help me there too, that would be appreciated.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:03 pm
Best way to study ask a friend or a family member that would help you that lives close by to you. The best website to learning Japanese is on Youtube. It should help if in case if you are still struggling and visual learning. im audio and visual learning too. That how I learn when learning a new language.  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250

Vender For Life Duh

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:14 pm
If you are a self teacher the best way I've learned a lot is watching anime with the english subtitles and having a japanese to english dictionary. I also use the bing translator when I need it. I hope this helps. ^_^  
Japanese language

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff