Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
I need some advice Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tybarious

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:20 pm
ok, heres the problem, Theres a girl I like and I want to ask her out but we're both in an organization that has rules against it. Plus, we're friends and I'm concern of ruining it. I'm not exactly sure if she would return the feelings. What do you think I should do?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:47 pm
I ain't no advice expert on stuff like that.

But ya always hear: "just ask, because you never know"

It's better to find out, even if she says no, then to have that question of what would have happened, forever hanging over your head.

Just don't be pushy, and try to lean towards a "we can still be friends" if it doesn't work.

And don't tell anyone else at your "org" and don't let it affect your work.
(whatever the outcome)  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:55 pm
First question: How important is this organization to the both of you?

Second question: How seriously and intensely do you think you might feel about her?

If it's bothering you that bad and you're willing to risk your place in this group, you need to find out if there's anything there. Approach the subject cautiously, but ask if there's any possibility that she might feel the same or be willing to give it a shot. If not, you can stay friends and go on with your lives. If there is, and she's willing to risk her place in this group as well, you have your answer.

It's a simple matter of priorities. What's more important to you, and how much are you willing to risk? Just make it clear that you don't want to lose her as a friend if she doesn't feel romantically about you, and it should be fine.

Unless, of course, she's one of those weird people who freaks out over this sort of thing and would refuse to ever see you again. I assume that if you're friends, you'll be able to figure out whether she'd do that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:52 pm
*thumbs to Purple* I think the girl has covered all the bases there and said what I would have probably far better then I.

In all honestly Ty I'd say first is to figure yourself out. Like Purple said is your Organization that important to you to risk something like this? Secondly is the girl worth the same risk? In other words you know do you really feel seriously about her or is she some passing crush?

Once you figures those questions out the rest you play as you go. Like Purple said you'd know her better then we do we've got little to no second hand info, while she is your friend.

However, Dude also has a point too. If you don't ask you maybe plagued by that question of "what if" for the rest of your life. I know my two cents are much but that's about it they covered it far better then I.  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:05 pm
I wish you luck on making the best choice you you...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:52 pm
I think Im going to wait and listen to her alittle more to see when it is right to tell her or just to simply let it go. Maybe toward the end of the year, I will tell her (after this semester we won't be in this organization)  

Tybarious

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:08 am
That sounds like a good plan 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:26 pm
*nods* Sounds like a plan. I hope things go well for you.  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:05 pm
indeed, good luck ^.^  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:13 am
update: she turned me down b/c she has a crush on someone else that isn't interested in dating after his gf of 2 years broke up with him. She still wants to be friends tho.  

Tybarious

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:46 pm
Sorry it didn't work out,

BUT now you can go on with a clear head and you don't lose your friend.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:38 pm
Oy, soap opera drama. confused Sorry, man. Better luck next time. Like dude said, at least you know now.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:57 am
And knowing is have the battle ^.^

After all, they do say that "Love is a battlefield"  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:45 pm
*pokes dude in the forehead* rolleyes  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:16 am