Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Devastation in Japan

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ketsueki Einjeru

Feline Fatcat

7,300 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:32 pm
I apologize if this isn't the place to put this, but I wasn't too sure where else to put it. ^^;

So, I'm pretty sure most of us know about the Tsunami and the Earthquake in Japan.

I just thought it would be a good idea to make a thread where we could all post our thoughts and feelings on this.

So far, 82 people have died and 300 remain missing. (I'm not too sure if this information is correct since I got it from my sister, so please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

Among those missing is Naoko Takeuchi (Creator of Sailor Moon), and Yukiru Sugisaki (Creator of DNAngel), plus many, many more.

My thoughts and my heart go out to those affected by this tragic event, and I pray that all those who are missing will return to their families safely.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:27 pm
I hope Naoko Takeuchi-sama is found safe and sound soon. I will pray for her and for her family that everyone. will be found hopefully her son did not get hurt to badly are her husband.  

sailor star rainbow

9,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100

Rihenian

Eloquent Counselor

14,900 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:45 pm
I hope that Japan itself recovers well... That was a hard earthquake.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:55 pm
I hope that Japan will recover from the earthquake and the tsunami, but also that all the families find their missing loved ones smile  

cat0120

Ketsueki Einjeru

Feline Fatcat

7,300 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:16 am
I hope so too, Naoko is confirmed to be safe as well, I just hope Japan recover from this, it's such a horrific ordeal to go through.

My thoughts and my heart go out to them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:20 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

============
A loving heart

heart How'd you guys find out about Naoko? I googled stuff but didn't see anything heart

is the beginning of all knowledge
============

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Senente

Married Wife

10,125 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:22 pm
I've been praying for all the Japanese anime creatiors and the animes soon to be. Mr. Kishimono, the creator of Naruto, may him and his family be safe.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:51 pm
My heart dropped when I read your post about Naoko. I had no idea about that! I would have cried unless I didn't read further and have someone confirm she is okay. What a relief. But my heart still goes out to all the ones missing and dead.

I have several close friends who live in Japan and I have not heard from them since everything happened. I'm so worried for their safety. I pray they will contact me whenever they can.

But it is nice to know despite some really mean people, we can find a lot of comfort in our friends online. And for a lot of us anime/ asian culture fans, it really hits home. Thanks for posting this thread.  

chibijaxie

8,125 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Ketsueki Einjeru

Feline Fatcat

7,300 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:15 am
Venombabe
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

============
A loving heart

heart How'd you guys find out about Naoko? I googled stuff but didn't see anything heart

is the beginning of all knowledge
============

I typed her name into the Google People Finder, and it said that she was missing, but she's been confirmed to be safe now.
I just hope that no other bad things will happpen in Japan, they've been through so much in the past week.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:18 am
Senente
I've been praying for all the Japanese anime creatiors and the animes soon to be. Mr. Kishimono, the creator of Naruto, may him and his family be safe.

Not to be rude, but there's more to Japan than just anime. So maybe you should pray for all the people of the country and not just a select few.

I can understand your concern though, Mangaka's are people too, so it's good to see people showing their concern for the people that they care about.

Ketsueki Einjeru

Feline Fatcat

7,300 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100

Ketsueki Einjeru

Feline Fatcat

7,300 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:26 am
chibijaxie
My heart dropped when I read your post about Naoko. I had no idea about that! I would have cried unless I didn't read further and have someone confirm she is okay. What a relief. But my heart still goes out to all the ones missing and dead.

I have several close friends who live in Japan and I have not heard from them since everything happened. I'm so worried for their safety. I pray they will contact me whenever they can.

But it is nice to know despite some really mean people, we can find a lot of comfort in our friends online. And for a lot of us anime/ asian culture fans, it really hits home. Thanks for posting this thread.

Yeah, I know how you feel. My heart dropped when my sister told me about it, I couldn't keep my mind focused on anything until I read up that she was confirmed to be safe.

Same here, like I've already said, Japan has been through so, SO much the past week, but I'm sure they're a strong country, so hopefully they'll pull through.
My heart goes out to all those that died, and to all those that are missing and thier families as well.

OMGosh! I'm so sorry!! This must be very tough on you atm, I pray for their safety, and hopefully they'll contact you soon.
As far as I know the phone lines there are still down, and they've had to ration their electricity, so that could be why they haven't been able to contact you yet.
But hopefully they're all safe.

You're very welcome. I've lost sleep because I was so upset about what happened in Japan, hopefully nothing else will go wrong and they'll be able to slowly recover and rebuild their lives.
This was a very tragic thing to happen though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:36 pm
Well the person who made Code Geass is missing D: I might go Emo!  

Kimillia

cat0120

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:47 pm
I hope that all the anime creators and the rest of the people from Japan be safe with their loved ones.  
Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games