Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
flirting Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kirinkiller

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:59 pm
I dont really know how to flirt with guys. whenever i see a cute guy I just freeze up or keep silent and im sure this puts off most guys so I would like some feedback from everyone to try and help me. The main question is how do you or how would you flirt with a guy?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:08 am
Well, this is something hard to do, after all, you don't know if he can like you (you know what I mean... well, I don't know why, but I hate that word that starts with G... but just the word D: )

Well, to flirt with a guy, first you need to know him, to see if you can succeed. The second step is to become his friend. After this you should just get to him and be sincere.

Well, this is what I would do. And sorry for my bad english /o

Venom Schatten

Destructive Mage

9,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Xx_Shadow-Wolf459_Xx

6,250 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:12 am
I don't normaly flirt with guys sweatdrop I just talk to them and they flirt with me
Just try and talk to them first... Then start to flirt a little bit.... (Sorry I'm not a romantic girl)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:50 pm
Coming from a guy, I hate blatant flirting. It makes me so very uncomfortable.
Instead, just be friendly. Establish a connection. Then, make the little moves that would signal your interest. I feel like (and this is an educated guess) that all the guys who go after the flirts aren't the guys you want to date. They are typically the one's driven by lust.
So yeah, my recommendation is to avoid the flirt. Build a relationship so that the guy is at least SOMEWHAT comfy with you and then letting the guy catch on to your interest. After that, it's whether or not he is interested in you (the biggest gamble). At least this way there is no embarrassment of being shot down. Just the upset of disinterest =/  

Snapplejack

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:02 pm
Flirting can be different between every person.

There are signals that most people give off however, so if you are attempting to flirt with someone and are greeted by crossed arms - it is a lost cause :p

My main suggestion, eye contact. You can tell a lot about how someone perceives you by looking them in the eyes. Now I didn't say stare at them in the eyes, this is just seen as creepy (trust me, people do it to me quite often).

Second suggestion, present yourself as open and approachable. No one wants to talk to someone who is awkwardly staring at the ground the entire time. Or someone who is visibly tense.

Lastly, try to avoid stupid cliche sayings. They probably won't work.

Finally, just be yourself. There is no point trying to be someone else, because say if you get somewhere with someone - they are going to realize that you were pretending to be a different person at some point.

Good luck!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:26 pm
I totally agree with Shoe ^^ and with the others Be yourself. If a guy makes a flirty comment feel free to give one back. Make it related to his comment. Some guys like when you are ready for anything. But if he does it all the time I agree get out!

Some people are just perves and it comes out in their language and they aren't blatantly hitting on anyone. Sometimes they do but other times not.

That was me in high school I would make sexual remarks (but wasn't sexually active)

There's a thin line between them and a flirt... Some people just have dirty minds and that's where they get brought to time and again. But if the guy continually hits on you get away...

Also Look for signs that he might be interested in guys. I know Bisexuality is more normal now but some people dont realize they have those thoughts until much later so look for good indications. And again get to know them. Getting to know them is best if you want a strong relationship, even if you don't date the guy.  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Coyote Master Brutus

Dapper Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:05 am
You shouldn't have to flirt with a guy. The guy should flirt with you. If he is shy, it proves he is willing to take a risk for you. Once said guy makes contact, just be yourself. Men are completely stupid and it should be pretty easy if he is actually into you. Awesome advice is awesome.

Luv,
Brutus  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:49 pm
Coyote Master Brutus
You shouldn't have to flirt with a guy. The guy should flirt with you. If he is shy, it proves he is willing to take a risk for you. Once said guy makes contact, just be yourself. Men are completely stupid and it should be pretty easy if he is actually into you. Awesome advice is awesome.

Luv,
Brutus

Not too sure this will be overly helpful. You don't give yourself much chance when you only wait on others to react to you.

I also disagree with 'men are completely stupid', everyone is different. People can give off completely different signals and not everyone can be read like a book.  

00Shoe
Captain

Coyote Master Brutus

Dapper Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:58 pm
00Shoe
Coyote Master Brutus

Luv,
Brutus

Not too sure this will be overly helpful. You don't give yourself much chance when you only wait on others to react to you.

I also disagree with 'men are completely stupid', everyone is different. People can give off completely different signals and not everyone can be read like a book.

Completely un-true, your lack of any formal training or otherwise into psychology is obvious at this point. Every person has a "tell" learn to read it and you own that person. Every single person can be read. Its just a matter of learning how.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:56 pm
Coyote Master Brutus
Completely un-true, your lack of any formal training or otherwise into psychology is obvious at this point. Every person has a "tell" learn to read it and you own that person. Every single person can be read. Its just a matter of learning how.

Perhaps, however because I have not taken psychology does not mean I do not have real world experience. Sure every person has a 'tell' however, they are so varied that looking for the same thing all the time would give you little insight.

If you go into a situation with a hard checklist of excepted outcomes the only thing you can rely on is it will be unexpected.  

00Shoe
Captain

Coyote Master Brutus

Dapper Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:13 pm
00Shoe
Coyote Master Brutus

Perhaps, however because I have not taken psychology does not mean I do not have real world experience. Sure every person has a 'tell' however, they are so varied that looking for the same thing all the time would give you little insight.

If you go into a situation with a hard checklist of excepted outcomes the only thing you can rely on is it will be unexpected.

Expected outcomes:
1. Goes your way.
2. Doesn't go your way.

I think its such crap that people can spout off non-sense and claim it as 'advice' tell you what... If you can't flirt you are destined to be alone forever. Seeing as how we are an animal species we are predetermined for reproduction, and if you can't find a mate you are a hindrance to the species and should be exterminated. LOLOLOLOLOL. Less psychology more biology.

EDIT: Tells are really not all that varied. I'll admit that I'm a womanizer. If her ears or cheeks flush red, that means that I have broken through her defenses and can pretty much get away with whatever I want. Ergo, learn a tell, take advantage. Good game.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:33 pm
Coyote Master Brutus
Seeing as how we are an animal species we are predetermined for reproduction, and if you can't find a mate you are a hindrance to the species and should be exterminated. LOLOLOLOLOL. Less psychology more biology.

Well I don't think this really applies in the malexmale or femalexfemale

OP wasn't asking for a biology or psychology lesson, they were asking for genuine advice. Which I am sure most of us were trying to do.  

00Shoe
Captain

Coyote Master Brutus

Dapper Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:42 pm
00Shoe
Coyote Master Brutus
Seeing as how we are an animal species we are predetermined for reproduction, and if you can't find a mate you are a hindrance to the species and should be exterminated. LOLOLOLOLOL. Less psychology more biology.

Well I don't think this really applies in the malexmale or femalexfemale

OP wasn't asking for a biology or psychology lesson, they were asking for genuine advice. Which I am sure most of us were trying to do.

But feelings are directly linked to psychology and how are they caused and perceived? By specific chemical reactions in the brain ergo, chemical biology, The best way to flirt with a guy is through scent. As the sense of smell is the strongest tie to deep emotional stress and relief of said stress. So... woah... IT IS A BIOLOGY LESSON. Its amazing how real science can override shitty personal advice any day.

OP: Cook for him one day. Make him some cookies, or something. Tell him how you feel, make sure the cookies have a pungent and obvious odor. Every time he smells that, he will be reminded of you. Mission accomplished, thanks for playing, I'm gonna go write a book now.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:50 pm
Well I have already given my advice, if he chooses to use it that is his choice. You came off as quite a douchey know it all Brutus, just stating how I perceived what you said. Generally I try not to write this sort of thing, especially because my position in the guild is supposed to be impartial - however in this case I felt that I needed to tell you! (Now that I feel validated mission accomplished :p)  

00Shoe
Captain

Coyote Master Brutus

Dapper Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:55 pm
Huzzah! The system works!  
HighTail Cafe

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers