Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
anyone know anything about glowsticking? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deaths kitsune

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:58 pm
Im asking this becasue i would like to get into it, so i was wondering if anyone here know a thing or two about it, or knows somehow who dose it.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:12 pm
no idea what it is but you have perked my interest what is it?  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Deaths kitsune

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:23 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver

this is a good example

clicky  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:38 pm
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver

this is a good example

clicky

thats very interesiting it looks like a cross between yo-yo tricks, Fan dancing (memoirs of a Geisha) and nun-chuck tricks.

Very interesting.

a lot of this has to do with very careful control of your fine motor skills turning and twisting just so. also always keeping one glow stick a quarter turn after the other... to prevent them hitting into each other. As you can see he clearly has been doing this quite a while xD  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Deaths kitsune

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:46 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver

this is a good example

clicky

thats very interesiting it looks like a cross between yo-yo tricks, Fan dancing (memoirs of a Geisha) and nun-chuck tricks.

Very interesting.

a lot of this has to do with very careful control of your fine motor skills turning and twisting just so. also always keeping one glow stick a quarter turn after the other... to prevent them hitting into each other. As you can see he clearly has been doing this quite a while xD

ya, even though im a beginner, i hate that i cant keep my glowsticks parallel to my body when i do a simple spin at the side of my body.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:58 am
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver

this is a good example

clicky

Very interesting.

ya, even though im a beginner, i hate that i cant keep my glowsticks parallel to my body when i do a simple spin at the side of my body.

Well that all has to do with your elbows... most of this seems to be a flow between all functions of your arm which is great but hard.

also if you want to test that just try waving them in an up and down motion... I think you should do that as a practice to get your elbows and upper arms to do what you want just up and down motions at first. Then once you have the upper arm movements mastered bring in the wrist movements ^^  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Xx_Shadow-Wolf459_Xx

6,250 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:20 am
I had to do that for my uncle's photo project got waked in the face o3o, So with me getting hit in the face and one glow stick flying hitting the old dog in the face I don't know about that sweatdrop but it was tons of fun for me biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:37 am
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver

this is a good example

clicky

Very interesting.

Well that all has to do with your elbows... most of this seems to be a flow between all functions of your arm which is great but hard.

also if you want to test that just try waving them in an up and down motion... I think you should do that as a practice to get your elbows and upper arms to do what you want just up and down motions at first. Then once you have the upper arm movements mastered bring in the wrist movements ^^

ya, it think it also has to do with the string length as well. they recomend that the glowstick be about arms length, but they say to experiment with the string length. it also dosnt help that my practice space is the living room with an open area of about 8 feet by 10 feet by 15 feet. (all rough estimations) i would like to practice outside, but i get busy.
And thanks for helping me out  

Deaths kitsune

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:28 am
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver

this is a good example

clicky

Very interesting.

ya, it think it also has to do with the string length as well. they recomend that the glowstick be about arms length, but they say to experiment with the string length. it also dosnt help that my practice space is the living room with an open area of about 8 feet by 10 feet by 15 feet. (all rough estimations) i would like to practice outside, but i get busy.

Yeah string length is also important ^^ and you probably should practice outside. could be a cool summer night show ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:41 am
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver

Very interesting.

Yeah string length is also important ^^ and you probably should practice outside. could be a cool summer night show ^^

Ya....watching someone fail. i think i might be more apt to use short strings. i wont be able to do more elaborate things, but ill have more control if im right. That, or i might do what im doing right now. i have my shoelace so its not looped, its just one string. i loop it around my hand. i dont know. i plan on working one hand at a time until i think i got basics down. im havign fun with it though.  

Deaths kitsune

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:00 am
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver

Very interesting.

Ya....watching someone fail. i think i might be more apt to use short strings. i wont be able to do more elaborate things, but ill have more control if im right. That, or i might do what im doing right now. i have my shoelace so its not looped, its just one string. i loop it around my hand. i dont know. i plan on working one hand at a time until i think i got basics down. im havign fun with it though.

yeah one at a time is probably best. you could also try what he was doing in the dark he used glow sticks with darkened ends so they are about a foot long each... then you could toss and spin them ^^ that could be fun too  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:17 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver

yeah one at a time is probably best. you could also try what he was doing in the dark he used glow sticks with darkened ends so they are about a foot long each... then you could toss and spin them ^^ that could be fun too

ya, but it looks like hes had a hell of alot more practice them me. and to add, hes using led sticks. (dont know if that dose much). But i spent about 20 mins today practicing. i found i can alteast do lower leg wraps with my right hand, but they could still use some work. I did do something interesting that i tried replicating, and i hit myself in the back of the head  

Deaths kitsune

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:37 pm
Deaths kitsune

ya, but it looks like hes had a hell of alot more practice them me. and to add, hes using led sticks. (dont know if that dose much). But i spent about 20 mins today practicing. i found i can alteast do lower leg wraps with my right hand, but they could still use some work. I did do something interesting that i tried replicating, and i hit myself in the back of the head

I think the only difference is that the sticks wont lose their light as much and may be slightly brighter.

wow hitting yourself in the back of the head nice XD oh have u seen this video its so awesome!!!!

Fighting gravity  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:40 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune

I think the only difference is that the sticks wont lose their light as much and may be slightly brighter.

wow hitting yourself in the back of the head nice XD oh have u seen this video its so awesome!!!!

Fighting gravity

i was rooting for them  

Deaths kitsune

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:48 pm
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune

Fighting gravity

i was rooting for them

Lol yeah their act was pretty cool ^^  
HighTail Cafe

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out