Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Question: Am I being played with? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-bumbleshot-

Savage Seeker

5,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:05 am
I'm trying to make the story short so please just bear with me smile

Our current house has some spirit residing with us, proven with our encounters with it and the statement of some neighbors and psychics aside from those dwarfs too.

Last time, my mobile phone suddenly got lost, but I just placed it in the usual place. I have looked everywhere and unintentionally cleaned the whole house just for my phone,on the 4th day of it being lost, my family and I were about to go out and I was left inside th house to turn off the lights..before going out I left some words saying: "Hey, we have done nothing bad to you, and its not nice anymore, you're living with us for free. It's getting annoying please return what you've got from or I'll burn some incense and sue you out of the house.

That same night when we got back, and was about to sleep, I found my phone in between my mattress. I am really sure that I also looked anywhere even in the most impossible places.

-------

So right now, i'm experiencing the same thing, my charger has been lost for a week now, and just yesterday my usb connector, It's kinda annoying that whenever I needed something it suddenly get lost. When I'm sure I have kept it properly. Our house already have some protection charm of a saint (idk his name) to keep us from being bothered by those spirits/elements.

**My short background
I'm born from a family who have this some sort of active psychic abilities, my dad, my mom, can see spirits, my younger sister can see them clearly as normal beings can even communicate with them, I can just feel, sense, and see a little of a mere shadow. My dad's side are known to carry some abilities too, like healing, communicating with the spirit, and other things can't really explain it cause people might not understand due to cultural difference.

=---I'm not really sure what to do, I think I 'm just being played with and right now i'm realllllyyy pissed of. Although this was kinda random, can you advice me on what to do?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:58 pm
You could try commanding the spirit with Divine Authority. If you don't know what I'm talking about then you may want to look into the subject of evocation. Evocation is essentially using Divine Authority to call spirits to do your bidding.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

-bumbleshot-

Savage Seeker

5,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:49 pm
thank you!..But how am I supposed to do it?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:09 pm
-bumbleshot-

Look up the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram (and maybe the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Hexagram), the Middle Pillar Ritual, and the Opening by Watchtower. You don't necessarily have to learn and practice these, but pay attention to what is going on in the rituals. If you need an explanation I can try to help you out.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

-bumbleshot-

Savage Seeker

5,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:39 pm
Obscurus
-bumbleshot-

Look up the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram (and maybe the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Hexagram), the Middle Pillar Ritual, and the Opening by Watchtower. You don't necessarily have to learn and practice these, but pay attention to what is going on in the rituals. If you need an explanation I can try to help you out.

I just checked it out, but I understand just a little..i'm really quite confuse now, could you please explain further?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:45 pm
-bumbleshot-
Obscurus
-bumbleshot-

I just checked it out, but I understand just a little..i'm really quite confuse now, could you please explain further?

Look at it like this: All things in the universe were created by something. For the sake of simplicity we'll call this God. God has authority over everything and that means spirits. If you could somehow act with the authority of God then you could command that spirit to return your things and then leave forever, if that's what you wanted.

This method is typically used by magicians when summoning spirits. Rituals are used to accomplish this. The aim is to make a petition to God and the angels to be present and grant you their power. It's a tricky balance of being humble before the Divine and realizing that you are as powerful as the Divine. You want to channel the power of God, basically.

This may not require an elaborate ritual like the ones I mentioned earlier. It may be as simple as saying a prayer (regardless of what faith you are) and then commanding that the spirit depart (or return your things). You have to act with divine authority. I hope this makes more sense.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

-bumbleshot-

Savage Seeker

5,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:50 pm
Finally I was able to understand it!..thank you very much..I hope this works when I try it later..  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:31 pm
Obscurus
-bumbleshot-
Obscurus
-bumbleshot-

Look at it like this: All things in the universe were created by something. For the sake of simplicity we'll call this God. God has authority over everything and that means spirits. If you could somehow act with the authority of God then you could command that spirit to return your things and then leave forever, if that's what you wanted.

This method is typically used by magicians when summoning spirits. Rituals are used to accomplish this. The aim is to make a petition to God and the angels to be present and grant you their power. It's a tricky balance of being humble before the Divine and realizing that you are as powerful as the Divine. You want to channel the power of God, basically.

This may not require an elaborate ritual like the ones I mentioned earlier. It may be as simple as saying a prayer (regardless of what faith you are) and then commanding that the spirit depart (or return your things). You have to act with divine authority. I hope this makes more sense.

So according to this, you call upon the Define Authority to give you their divine authority; and you may call upon the Divine in any manner of your choosing or liking; and regardless of if your faith is placed in the Divine as He/She/It actually exists?

The Divine will accept these prayers/rituals/requests so long as they are made humbly and thrown out with the intention of reaching anyone/thing that has absolute command of everything, even if the requester believes in something totally different than the Divine Authority or even denies the true existence of the Divine Authority.
The Divine Authority will then impart upon this individual the entirety of It's authority so that they may command the spirit to do whatever they want.

Did I make any mistakes?  

Nalyd Rin Dei la Rune

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:43 pm
Nalyd Rin Dei la Rune
Obscurus
-bumbleshot-
Obscurus
-bumbleshot-

So according to this, you call upon the Define Authority to give you their divine authority; and you may call upon the Divine in any manner of your choosing or liking; and regardless of if your faith is placed in the Divine as He/She/It actually exists?

The Divine will accept these prayers/rituals/requests so long as they are made humbly and thrown out with the intention of reaching anyone/thing that has absolute command of everything, even if the requester believes in something totally different than the Divine Authority or even denies the true existence of the Divine Authority.
The Divine Authority will then impart upon this individual the entirety of It's authority so that they may command the spirit to do whatever they want.

Did I make any mistakes?

A prerequisite is belief in the Divine Authority in the first place. If you have doubts about it then you're hardly going to be able to speak with any authority. It also depends on what your particular belief system is. Obviously, if you are not Christian then you would not want to call on the Christian God as that probably wouldn't be very comfortable for you and thus would inspire doubt.

This is coming from an evocation standpoint. This is how spirits are called and commanded in most evocations of the Western Esoteric Tradition that I'm aware of. I suspect that it would probably have the same effect outside of the evocation context. One could also look at exorcism rituals for a similar idea: The exorcist speaks with Divine Authority to command the possessing spirit out of the victim. Same principle.

This is not to say that any of it is easy.

One cannot simply throw out invocations hoping for any deity to latch on to them. You have to have some concept of a Source, an All, a Creator to call upon in the first place. If you don't believe in such a thing then the whole discussion is moot.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:35 am
Obscurus
Nalyd Rin Dei la Rune

Did I make any mistakes?

A prerequisite is belief in the Divine Authority in the first place. If you have doubts about it then you're hardly going to be able to speak with any authority. It also depends on what your particular belief system is. Obviously, if you are not Christian then you would not want to call on the Christian God as that probably wouldn't be very comfortable for you and thus would inspire doubt.

This is coming from an evocation standpoint. This is how spirits are called and commanded in most evocations of the Western Esoteric Tradition that I'm aware of. I suspect that it would probably have the same effect outside of the evocation context. One could also look at exorcism rituals for a similar idea: The exorcist speaks with Divine Authority to command the possessing spirit out of the victim. Same principle.

One cannot simply throw out invocations hoping for any deity to latch on to them. You have to have some concept of a Source, an All, a Creator to call upon in the first place. If you don't believe in such a thing then the whole discussion is moot.

Well yes. Obviously an Atheist wouldn't be able to call out to 'something' as anything more than a joke. And with that, well, really I'm just nitpicking but, regardless of the uncomfortableness of it making one doubt, if you don't believe in God then you won't have any reason to doubt. You simply don't believe and therefore would not be calling out to Him in the first place. Similarly, I would not just feel uncomfortable calling upon Ahura Mazda, I would not believe in Ahura Mazda to call out in the first place.

My point was that, according to what you are saying, I could call on God in this way, a Hindu could call on Brahman, random-person-with-their-own-religion-they-came-up-with-last-Tuesday could call upon ZzhragIII, and ALL of us would see results (so long as we each truly believed) because we prayed or performed a ritual directed at a single, higher, absolute power.
Even IF these three three beliefs were completely contradictory and incompatible with the notion some might try and hold of being simultaneously true.  

Nalyd Rin Dei la Rune

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:47 pm
Nalyd Rin Dei la Rune
Obscurus
Nalyd Rin Dei la Rune

Did I make any mistakes?

Well yes. Obviously an Atheist wouldn't be able to call out to 'something' as anything more than a joke. And with that, well, really I'm just nitpicking but, regardless of the uncomfortableness of it making one doubt, if you don't believe in God then you won't have any reason to doubt. You simply don't believe and therefore would not be calling out to Him in the first place. Similarly, I would not just feel uncomfortable calling upon Ahura Mazda, I would not believe in Ahura Mazda to call out in the first place.

My point was that, according to what you are saying, I could call on God in this way, a Hindu could call on Brahman, random-person-with-their-own-religion-they-came-up-with-last-Tuesday could call upon ZzhragIII, and ALL of us would see results (so long as we each truly believed) because we prayed or performed a ritual directed at a single, higher, absolute power.
Even IF these three three beliefs were completely contradictory and incompatible with the notion some might try and hold of being simultaneously true.

Yes, that is basically what I'm saying. I had a hard time understanding what you were trying to get at with your previous post, but that could have been how late it was.

Because of all this, I'm not sure than an atheist that practices magic (they exist, trust me) would ever be able to perform an evocation with as much success as someone of faith. Sometimes I question whether any kind of magic practiced by an atheist could ever be as effective as someone that has faith in a higher power, but that's not something we're able to objectively compare. I'm just not sure how it would work ritual-wise (evocation, that is).  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:17 pm
Obscurus
Nalyd Rin Dei la Rune

Yes, that is basically what I'm saying. I had a hard time understanding what you were trying to get at with your previous post, but that could have been how late it was.

Because of all this, I'm not sure than an atheist that practices magic (they exist, trust me) would ever be able to perform an evocation with as much success as someone of faith. Sometimes I question whether any kind of magic practiced by an atheist could ever be as effective as someone that has faith in a higher power, but that's not something we're able to objectively compare. I'm just not sure how it would work ritual-wise (evocation, that is).

But that's contradictory unless you claim that this divine authority doesn't care 'who' a person calls out to, so long as the being they direct it at would have similar authority if He/She/It existed.

I only mentioned the Atheist thing as an example.  

Nalyd Rin Dei la Rune

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:52 pm
Nalyd Rin Dei la Rune
Obscurus
Nalyd Rin Dei la Rune

But that's contradictory unless you claim that this divine authority doesn't care 'who' a person calls out to, so long as the being they direct it at would have similar authority if He/She/It existed.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Can you elaborate on the alleged contradiction?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:09 am
Obscurus
Nalyd Rin Dei la Rune

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Can you elaborate on the alleged contradiction?

Ok, let's look at it like this:
The premise of invocation is that you call upon THE divine authority. Not any god of your choosing from an assortment of gods, but the one great existence which created all things and/or has absolute authority over everything. Correct?  

Nalyd Rin Dei la Rune

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:56 pm
Nalyd Rin Dei la Rune
Obscurus
Nalyd Rin Dei la Rune

Ok, let's look at it like this:
The premise of invocation is that you call upon THE divine authority. Not any god of your choosing from an assortment of gods, but the one great existence which created all things and/or has absolute authority over everything. Correct?

Correct.  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces