Pilotwings thread.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:06 pm
Because I know a lot of us have it and we're playing it and posting about it in the Spam Can, I thought it would be neat to have a thread dedicated to just talking about Pilotwings Resort.

The missions are really fun to play, but OH MY GOD are they hard to perfect. Where are you guys in your missions/perfecting, and how are you doing on free-flight mode?

I spent hours in WSR just doing Island Flyover, so free-flight mode is a godsend for me. When I'm at work and get a break, I just pop it out and zoom around a bit.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:16 pm
I remember seeing Flyover and thinking "This is an obvious ripoff of Pilotwings 64," so seeing it actually happen is pretty sweet.

This game is a ton of fun, but frankly it was short and only having one area sucks.

I'm sort of done with it already. It's definitely something I'll pop in and play from time to time, though.  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

Rokusho0100

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:08 am
isnt it pretty much the same thing as the island flyover in wii sports resort?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:07 pm
It is the same as in WSR, but with six vehicles, a hell of a lot more to find, and 3D, it somehow seems completely fresh to me, which is pretty surprising.

I thought I'd be disappointed with one area I'd already explored the s**t out of, but it's either been long enough or it's just that fun to re-explore that I've been trying to find every last thing in Free-Flight. There aren't as many missions as some might like (45 or 54, I think), but getting perfect grades on them has got me going back to them again and again and AGAIN AND AGAIN ******** THEY'RE SO HARD  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:09 pm
I'm not all that keen on the missions, but I always liked free flight in WSR, so this is a keeper for me.  
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games