Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bungie

Back to Guilds

This is a halo guild where we talk about Halo,Halo 2,Halo 3,Halo 3 ODST,Halo Wars,Halo Reach,and the books. 

Tags: bungie, halo, halo reach, halo 3, video game 

Reply Bungie
Halo Q&A Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BWO TwinswordS
Captain

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:52 pm

Halo Question & Answer

Go ahead, ask me anything about the Halo Universe.
Serious questions only please.
I will be the only one answering questions here.
I will answer any question to the best of my knowledge.
So... ask... anything.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:08 pm
What is your theory on the flood?
since im such a huge Halo Universe knowing fan too, i would like to ask what do you think, like we know that they came beyond The Milky Way Galaxy  

Uziaran123

BWO TwinswordS
Captain

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:48 pm
Spar 118
since im such a huge Halo Universe knowing fan too, i would like to ask what do you think, like we know that they came beyond The Milky Way Galaxy

The Flood are believed to have arrived in the Milky Way Galaxy from the Large Magellanic Cloud at the edge of the Milky Way, more than 100,000 years prior to 2552.

If you are asking my theory on how they came to be... Well, that is hard to pin point. The Flood is believed to have originated outside of the Milky Way, which would explain why The Flood is a biological anomaly to us. They could have come about just by pure evolution. Since they did come from outside of the Milky Way, then the biological measures of its origin could be totally different from ours.

Below is from the book "Halo: Cryptum" which is the first book in the Forerunner Saga

"The earliest known instance of the highly infectious viral super cell later known as The Flood form to be encountered came in a fine desiccated powder, contained in cylinders. Early experiments showed the potential for psychotropic effects in some lower levels but not in humans or San'Shyuum. The primary animals affected were popular pets in human societies: the Pheru, lively and gentle creatures first found on a planet in the same star system as the the san'shyuum homeworld. Very small quantities of the powder induced changes in the Pheru that improved their domestic behavior. Soon san'shyuum adopted the custom of taking Pherus as pets. For centuries humans and san'shyuum bred and powdered these animals without ill consequences. However the powder soon attached itself to key points in the genes of the Pheru and began to change them, which manifested itself a as peculiar growth found on a third of the powered Pheru. A kind of loose, soft fur grew between the shoulders of the pets. Other Pheru were soon found grazing on these companions, consuming their fur-and on occasion even consuming the the animals themselves. Pheru were naturally herbivores. This seemed to activate some sort of biological timer, a signal for expansion. Within a very short time, the Pheru were producing far less attractive growths. Flexible striped rods sprouted from their heads, which in turn were also consumed by fellow Pheru, causing abortions and unnatural births. But this was only the surface of the growing infestation. Eventually the Flood evolved into the form that we know today and fought a war with the Forerunners."

Any other questions.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:43 pm
BWO TwinswordS
Spar 118

The Flood are believed to have arrived in the Milky Way Galaxy from the Large Magellanic Cloud at the edge of the Milky Way, more than 100,000 years prior to 2552.

If you are asking my theory on how they came to be... Well, that is hard to pin point. The Flood is believed to have originated outside of the Milky Way, which would explain why The Flood is a biological anomaly to us. They could have come about just by pure evolution. Since they did come from outside of the Milky Way, then the biological measures of its origin could be totally different from ours.

Below is from the book "Halo: Cryptum" which is the first book in the Forerunner Saga

"The earliest known instance of the highly infectious viral super cell later known as The Flood form to be encountered came in a fine desiccated powder, contained in cylinders. Early experiments showed the potential for psychotropic effects in some lower levels but not in humans or San'Shyuum. The primary animals affected were popular pets in human societies: the Pheru, lively and gentle creatures first found on a planet in the same star system as the the san'shyuum homeworld. Very small quantities of the powder induced changes in the Pheru that improved their domestic behavior. Soon san'shyuum adopted the custom of taking Pherus as pets. For centuries humans and san'shyuum bred and powdered these animals without ill consequences. However the powder soon attached itself to key points in the genes of the Pheru and began to change them, which manifested itself a as peculiar growth found on a third of the powered Pheru. A kind of loose, soft fur grew between the shoulders of the pets. Other Pheru were soon found grazing on these companions, consuming their fur-and on occasion even consuming the the animals themselves. Pheru were naturally herbivores. This seemed to activate some sort of biological timer, a signal for expansion. Within a very short time, the Pheru were producing far less attractive growths. Flexible striped rods sprouted from their heads, which in turn were also consumed by fellow Pheru, causing abortions and unnatural births. But this was only the surface of the growing infestation. Eventually the Flood evolved into the form that we know today and fought a war with the Forerunners."

Any other questions.

okay, hmmm so what happened to The other spartans? i hear their is going to be a book about what happens next  

Uziaran123

BWO TwinswordS
Captain

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:20 pm
Spar 118
BWO TwinswordS
Spar 118

Any other questions.

okay, hmmm so what happened to The other spartans? i hear their is going to be a book about what happens next

Which Spartans?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:33 pm
BWO TwinswordS
Spar 118
BWO TwinswordS
Spar 118

with Halsey?
and Kelly, everyone else?

Any other questions.

Which Spartans?

Uziaran123

Uziaran123

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:40 pm
the ones with Halsey  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:49 pm
Spar 118
the ones with Halsey

After the events on Onyx Blue Team, Team Saber, Team Katana, Dr. Halsey, and SCPO Mendez escaped to the safety of the Shield World. From what I have heard, there wasn't going to be a book based on what happened to those Spartans with Halsey but there supposedly is going to be a book that is set around the same time period that the events on Onyx took place.  

BWO TwinswordS
Captain

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100

Uziaran123

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:06 pm
BWO TwinswordS
Spar 118
the ones with Halsey

After the events on Onyx Blue Team, Team Saber, Team Katana, Dr. Halsey, and SCPO Mendez escaped to the safety of the Shield World. From what I have heard, there wasn't going to be a book based on what happened to those Spartans with Halsey but there supposedly is going to be a book that is set around the same time period that the events on Onyx took place.

okay, you should check out the halo wiki, thats where igot the info  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:18 pm
Spar 118
BWO TwinswordS
Spar 118
the ones with Halsey

I have read a lot of stuff on there.
I don't get all my knowledge from books xD  

BWO TwinswordS
Captain

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100

Uziaran123

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:47 pm
BWO TwinswordS
Spar 118
BWO TwinswordS
Spar 118
the ones with Halsey

I have read a lot of stuff on there.
I don't get all my knowledge from books xD

XDS  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:19 am
No,  

Maikeru Yorudan

7,050 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100

47SoulEra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:50 pm
How did Halsey died? + in halo reach what happens to Jun?  
Bungie

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff