Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
A Little Guide (?)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-bumbleshot-

Savage Seeker

5,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:22 am
I'm not quite sure on what am I supposed to ask without getting in the nerves of those people who's going to waste their time reading and responding in this post. But I really need a guide.

You see, I really don't know where to start or what to study. Actually, I only understand very few things in this guild but I am very much interested and willing to learn paranormal (is that what you call it?) or psychic things. I want to learn this and that but I don't know where to start.

I've started using tarot for about a year now without any mentor, I just researched about the spread and the outcome was good, on my first 3 months of it, I hardly believe in it but continued doing readings for my friends and family members. I let the cards tell their story and I interpret it. then there was some sort of connection with me and the cards, I dunno what's the feeling...

Then there are these dreams that mostly about my future or is going to happen...

then this, smoke-like-light above the skin?..aura was it? I was staring blankly and it did appear..

Okay, so to get to the point, I don't want to jump into conclusions saying that I'm experiencing something weird or something to be scared or feel special, what I want is advices or guide to help me understand each and everything that is happening to me.

Thank you very much in advance, if there is something you want to ask about me personal or not, I'm very much willing to respond^^  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:34 pm
The question of what to study as far as the occult or paranormal goes depends on what you want to do. Go where your interests take you. That's my advice on that subject.

As to your individual issues you brought up: What specifically do you want to know? I'll be willing to answer what questions I can but I may need you to be specific about what you want to know. I don't want to bore you with unrelated chatter because I have a tendency to go on and on about this stuff if no one stops me. xd  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Allsixcolours

Lonely Genius

5,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:41 am
Yet another person with precognitive dreams. I seem to be running into them more and more lately o.o I also have those, and have had them as long as I remember. Like Obscurus said, it will be hard to start somewhere if you don't have something specifically in mind. For example, you say you would like to learn about psychic things. To my understanding, there are two general meanings of the word "psychic", both of which you will encounter here. One meaning is along the lines of a medium (one who works spiritually), and deals with... spirits, and such. Tarot would fall into this category, but so do many of the things from the other meaning. The second would be along the lines of what some call psionics, and this deals with the mental abilities and capacity of the human mind. This would include, but is not limited to, things like psychokinesis (What I use as an umbrella term to describe the movement of various things with the mind [telekinesis, pyrokinesis, aerokinesis...etc]), and telepathy (the reading of minds). From your post you could very well be interested in either of these, so perhaps you should start by specifying which you have a preference for, or even if you are interested in both (which many of us are smile ). I personally do not consider myself nearly knowledgeable enough to guide you in any specifics of the occult, but I thought I would offer you at least that. Good luck!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:45 am
Well, I've been planning to study tarot for a long time already I just lack some good guide xD... But I am really really interested in things like a medium does; dealing with spirits etc...if ever I must choose between the two, probably tarot reading is best suited for me..

But I think there's a problem..my family prohibits me from doing/ studying this so I'm hiding it from them, can I actually learn to study and concentrate in this matter while hiding this from my family??  

-bumbleshot-

Savage Seeker

5,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Allsixcolours

Lonely Genius

5,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:34 am
Hm, well, my family does not know about all the wacky stuff I do xd . If you have enough time to yourself then you should have no problems. Me having mild insomnia means I have all night to do stuff while my family is sleep. Of course, I mostly do meditative and mental things that are quiet. Anyway, the point being that if you are truly interested, you should be able to find ways of learning without them knowing.  
The Occult Research Society

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games