Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Guardians Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Allsixcolours

Lonely Genius

5,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:36 pm
Hello fellow occult researchers,

Today I would like to discuss a topic that likely no one has heard about, yet is found all over the world. I am talking about a group of people called Guardians. They are not an organized group, some don't even know they are one, let alone that there are others like themselves. Guardians are those that, by nature, are drawn to those in need and the unfortunate. They bare the weight of the world on their shoulders, and have the task of restoring balance to a world that we as humanity have really messed up.

The have a lot of responsibility for an ordinary human, no? Well, they are not exactly ordinary. They have many abilities as Guardians that help them with their duties. These include those commonly referred to as psychic abilities or psionics, as well as several less common abilities. Not much is known about them, but I suspect they have been around for quite some time, just under a different name. I am looking into that matter, but it is irrelevant.

The point I would like to make is that I myself am a guardian, just recently discovered and awakened by another. I am curious, however, if there might be more guardians among you, guild members. Do you find yourself always helping others before tending to yourself? Do you seek to help those in need? Do you often reflect upon and are depressed about the state of the world? Do you have paranormal abilities? (This is a big one for many of you, as I have seen tons of discussions about you having them >.> ) Do you have a lot of patience and are good at talking to and persuading people? Well, there is a possibility that you may be a guardian, and capable of becoming something you surely must dream of already as a member of this guild. If you answered yes to a few of these questions, I encourage you to contact me so that we may further discuss the matter, you may be able to train as I am, and eventually grow to change the world.

I also welcome any thoughts, comments, questions, and other information you have for me, just post below smile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:38 am
I'm sorry to say you're going to get a lot of negative feedback from members who've been in the occult community for a while, and some overly positive feedback from suggestible people eager to become part of a worldwide community of messiahs. Topics like this crop up every so often; someone posits that there is a group of people whose task it is to help keep evil at bay, that they are one of them, and that someone who they trust recently initiated them into the group. It becomes really tiresome after a point, and it takes a great deal more information (perhaps more than it should) in order to convince me that you're not just convincing yourself of your own importance on a cosmic scale in order to feel significant or needed in the world.

From what I can tell, you've said nothing here that says that the "Guardians" are a bona fide occult group with any standing in history: it seems to me like it's just a name that's used for people who like to help other people by using whatever occult powers they have. Where did you get your information from, and how can I verify that you're not just the next cult leader looking for vulnerable folks to exploit?  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Allsixcolours

Lonely Genius

5,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:56 am
Mitsh
I'm sorry to say you're going to get a lot of negative feedback from members who've been in the occult community for a while, and some overly positive feedback from suggestible people eager to become part of a worldwide community of messiahs. Topics like this crop up every so often; someone posits that there is a group of people whose task it is to help keep evil at bay, that they are one of them, and that someone who they trust recently initiated them into the group. It becomes really tiresome after a point, and it takes a great deal more information (perhaps more than it should) in order to convince me that you're not just convincing yourself of your own importance on a cosmic scale in order to feel significant or needed in the world.

From what I can tell, you've said nothing here that says that the "Guardians" are a bona fide occult group with any standing in history: it seems to me like it's just a name that's used for people who like to help other people by using whatever occult powers they have. Where did you get your information from, and how can I verify that you're not just the next cult leader looking for vulnerable folks to exploit?

Well for starters, I'm no leader >.< And you are right, there are a lot of these that pop up. I don't care one way or another what people choose to believe, I just thought they should know and have an opportunity to know more. As for proving their existence? That one may be hard, as very little is known about them. That is mainly why I posted this here, to see if others would know anything, or have anything to contribute. However, I suspect that we started as... see, this is where things get sketchy, but I believe we were once the Knights Templar. Which then became the Free Masons. Now, we are Guardians. I'll be honest, the name is not an established thing, it is something that was come up with after noticing a trend among friends and others.

The point being that I can offer you no proof of what I say, but I am also not trying to convince anyone. If you deem that this topic is not one you would like your guild members exposed to, you may of course delete it, I will not be insulted. Thank you anyway for your consideration.

EDIT: Ah, and there is a test to determine whether or not someone is Guardian material, its not like we are trying to rope in as many as we can, we are just searching for other Guardians out there. I also do not view the Guardians as an Occult group.... though I guess in many ways we are.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:57 pm
I didn't respond to this topic because I wasn't sure that I could contribute anything useful. My initial thoughts on all of this can be summed up (basically) by what Mitsh said.

I'm very skeptical of groups like this because they usually end up like the indigo children: Lots of traits that are very generic and almost anyone can see themselves in. Hell, I fit the indigo child mold but I don't consider myself to be one. Likewise, I fit your Guardian mold, based on the questions you've put forth, but I don't think there's anything inherently special about me in this sense.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to use the occult to help people. It's a lot more noble than most of the things I see people pursuing when they get into this field. I'm just not sure there's much to be gained by forming a super secret club. I would much rather be out there doing small things than trying to save the world by virtue of some supposed birthright.

Don't take this as an insult though. You very well could be a Guardian and destined to save the world with your group. Just understand that most of us are very jaded when it comes to this kind of thing and therefore require a lot in order to be convinced. If you believe what you say then convincing us shouldn't really matter though.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Allsixcolours

Lonely Genius

5,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:30 am
I fully understand your doubts, I too had some when I was first introduced to the matter. As for convincing, it is not really my goal to convince others to believe my opinions and beliefs. I have not heard anything about the indigo children in a long time, and my knowledge of them is somewhat dated, I shall have to look into the matter. The point of this post was almost the opposite of your words of forming a super secret club >.< I am trying to remove a bit of the secrecy so others may be aware of the Guardians. I appreciate your input, I was expecting a lot of criticism and doubts to begin with. However, if convincing is needed I would be glad to give more details. Again, I thank you for your consideration and maturity, it is more than I was expecting to be honest.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:03 pm
Truthfully? It kinda reminds me of the whole Mobians on Earth debacle. I tend to skitter away from such groups and such claims as fast as my little legs can take me.  

erinnightwalker

Allsixcolours

Lonely Genius

5,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:29 pm
erinnightwalker
Truthfully? It kinda reminds me of the whole Mobians on Earth debacle. I tend to skitter away from such groups and such claims as fast as my little legs can take me.

Mobians on Earth? The greatest part of being in this guild is getting all these groups I have never heard of brought up in replies >.< I'll go look them up, but would appreciate any other information you have on them  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:00 pm
Allsixcolours
I fully understand your doubts, I too had some when I was first introduced to the matter. As for convincing, it is not really my goal to convince others to believe my opinions and beliefs. I have not heard anything about the indigo children in a long time, and my knowledge of them is somewhat dated, I shall have to look into the matter. The point of this post was almost the opposite of your words of forming a super secret club >.< I am trying to remove a bit of the secrecy so others may be aware of the Guardians. I appreciate your input, I was expecting a lot of criticism and doubts to begin with. However, if convincing is needed I would be glad to give more details. Again, I thank you for your consideration and maturity, it is more than I was expecting to be honest.

Even if we don't agree there's no reason we can't be civil about it, right? xd  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Dasuto

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:55 am
Well this is interesting, I don't really believe in groups like this, but it makes you think is someone out there helping us from the shadows, or are they waiting for something to come. I have no ability's in Psi or anything like such, I can not do even a simple spell, but not really the point now is it, back onto topic..... I think that maybe, and I mean maybe there are people out there that helps humanity, what they guard against could be anything, that is still left undecided and that's the fun part, thinking of the many things this world will face.
sorry I guess I got off topic sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:25 am
Obscurus
Allsixcolours

Did I come across as uncivil there? o.o If so, you have my deepest apologies, as that was not my intention. Silly internet and lack of showing ones inflection  

Allsixcolours

Lonely Genius

5,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Allsixcolours

Lonely Genius

5,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:10 am
Dasuto
Well this is interesting, I don't really believe in groups like this, but it makes you think is someone out there helping us from the shadows, or are they waiting for something to come. I have no ability's in Psi or anything like such, I can not do even a simple spell, but not really the point now is it, back onto topic..... I think that maybe, and I mean maybe there are people out there that helps humanity, what they guard against could be anything, that is still left undecided and that's the fun part, thinking of the many things this world will face.
sorry I guess I got off topic sweatdrop

Ah... not quite helping from the shadows. Guardians are actually quite up front about helping. Have you ever been in a time of need, and a good friend came to you to help, even if it was just by talking to you? If not, the chances are that it will happen at some point in your life. Guardians act in much the same way. Additionally, though we do practice and use paranormal abilities, generally they are not commonly used during the helping process. We act mainly by conversation and behavior. The paranormal abilities don't really play a big part in the grand scheme of things. Hope that wasn't too confusing  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:19 pm
Allsixcolours
Obscurus
Allsixcolours

Did I come across as uncivil there? o.o If so, you have my deepest apologies, as that was not my intention. Silly internet and lack of showing ones inflection

Oh no, not at all. I was just commenting on how civil we were all being even though we don't necessarily see eye-to-eye. Sometimes I make attempts at humor that fall flat. sweatdrop  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Allsixcolours

Lonely Genius

5,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:31 pm
Obscurus
Allsixcolours
Obscurus
Allsixcolours

Oh no, not at all. I was just commenting on how civil we were all being even though we don't necessarily see eye-to-eye. Sometimes I make attempts at humor that fall flat. sweatdrop

Ooh, ok, good xd I was legitimately worried for a bit there. Yes, there is no reason to get upset when someone does not agree with you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I never did understand why people get so grouchy about it at times.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:57 pm
Allsixcolours
Obscurus
Allsixcolours
Obscurus
Allsixcolours

Ooh, ok, good xd I was legitimately worried for a bit there. Yes, there is no reason to get upset when someone does not agree with you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I never did understand why people get so grouchy about it at times.

When people are emotionally invested in something then conversations tend to get heated.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:15 pm
Allsixcolours
erinnightwalker

Mobians on Earth? The greatest part of being in this guild is getting all these groups I have never heard of brought up in replies >.< I'll go look them up, but would appreciate any other information you have on them

Don't bother. They think that they are creatures from Sonic the Hedgehog (including Sonic, Knuckles, and Eggman) that were reborn on earth in human bodies and are searching for the Chaos Emeralds so they can go home. What got me was that they tended to convert all of their friends into being "reincarnated" as well. I truly thought it was a roleplayer group until I saw some of the threads.

Even if your group actually exists as a collective group instead of people who aren't "guardians" but have the attributes described (so they are seen as just Guardians who don't know what they are), the phrasing of your opening post makes me twitch because it could so easily lead to abuse. I realize this post may sound inflammatory and I truly apologize. It just rings every bell I have for "could lead to unhealthy situations".  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff