Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
Sick

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Final Kira

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:56 pm
I am sick and tired of being passed up of a job. I've literally applied at every location within a 20 mile radius, looked my absolute best, and still not a single call or even a sideways glance for a chance at any job. I've applied several times, each one, two weeks before the other expired and yet it goes to someone less deserving or one of my friends. I was promised an interview 30 different times and each time I've watched them interview someone else and giving them the job. I am hard working, fexible with my schedule, extremely quick learner, and I can handle anything someone can throw at me. Someone explain this to me.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:41 pm
Just an example of our economy.  

Hogosha neko

Loquoro

Dangerous Shapeshifter

14,900 Points
  • Squash Stomper 75
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:47 pm
Oh tell me about it. I was trying to get a job at this shop called
"Home Goods" and I was told I would get a call in 3 - 6 weeks

Three weeks passed, alright...
Six weeks passed, alright so the call should come today....nothing

So I call on the six day and I was told that the person handling all the interviews was in a meeting. So I just tell them that I am still interested and I am still waiting and to give me a call.

Ten weeks pass, still nothing so I call and I get a different person and she tells me that there are no more openings.

WHAT!?

So I ask to speak with the person that I was told would call me back and she tells me that I didn't fit the time requirements.

WHAT IS SHE TALKING ABOUT, is what goes though my head. I put down for time, available anytime of the week and she tells me this bull.

All in all....I got blown off, ignored in a way.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:49 pm
Hogosha neko
Just an example of our economy.

I know our economy sucks, but I'm a manual labor person, just like the fishermen getting laid off here.  

The Final Kira

Hilarious Genius

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:50 pm
My mom and brother have heard many times "You're not what we're looking for", yet there are people the same age as my mom and brother working there. It sucks. I was lucky with my job, but many companies are profiling now... Also, they would rather hire a hispanic that will work for cheap and crappy hours.

I would just keep calling the places you have sent an application in to asking about the status.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:53 pm
I guess moving where there are employment opportunities is not an option?

I cannot imagine what it would be like to not have any jobs within that amount of distance of where I live. I hear it more and more online that there are just no jobs in quite a few places in the states - something is going to have to change.  

00Shoe
Captain

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:01 pm
00Shoe
I guess moving where there are employment opportunities is not an option?

I cannot imagine what it would be like to not have any jobs within that amount of distance of where I live. I hear it more and more online that there are just no jobs in quite a few places in the states - something is going to have to change.

A lot of the jobs are either moving south, or opening up south. I hear not much is in my hometown, which does not surprise me... It is sad that not even the military can guarantee a job right now.

And really the only way it can even change is if we make our companies bring back our business from the foreign countries (which we can't) and enforce immigration much more than we are. Because let's face it, who is getting most of the jobs right now? Immigrants. Some even illegal.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:02 pm
Any chance of starting up your own business?

Also where abouts do you live?  

00Shoe
Captain

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:52 pm
I can answer that second on XD Lousianna.

There may be some jobs that are offering on the job training or a paid internship. They'll probably be hard to find though, but there should be some out there.

Serious discussion & Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games