Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guardian Odelia
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:28 pm
RP Events

The Abandoned Easter Basket
Part One

Oh no! It seems that someone has left a perfectly good basket laying on the gro- Oh! It moved! What could be inside?

User Image

Rules

1. Entries must be posted here.
2. This is a partnered RP Contest. You must co-write the entry, and the members of each team must be stated with the entry. Each person may only be a member of ONE team.
3. You are playing a pair of Herla that have discovered a twitching basket. They may not see what is inside, as this will be covered in the second half of the contest.
4. Entries for part one may be be posted starting at 8am PST on Saturday, April 23. Entries for part one will no longer be accepted after 8am PST on the next day, which is when the second part of this contest will start.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:02 pm
RP partners: Purplerosesbeauty and ShiPom

Part One

Averyl hadn't been out in public in a long while, and didn't particularly care to change that anytime soon. As per her usual, she was found seething in the woods. She was angry nearly perpetually, though her mate had been able to pacify her slightly. She pulled her knife out of the tree she'd stabbed it into, and slipped it back in her leg-sleeve, lifting her head to... who was that? A fawn?

Harmonia, as usual, had been spending her day in the deep woods. Despite being warned not to venture back into the woods alone, she continued to hunt around the woods for this bodysnatching monster she had heard so much about. Today had been like any other of her's since she had learned of this monster, collecting various small animals to make as an offering, whether dead or dying. She had found a particularly interesting find this morning, an injured snake hung from her mouth as she pranced back to the spot she had been leaving her offerings until, a noise stopped her. Could this be the monster she had heard so much about? She practically quivered with excitement.

"Kid, what the ******** are you doing in the ******** woods?" Averyl shouted to the girl. Hell no she was not gonna be responsible for some dumb girl breaking her head open or some dumb bull like that that always happened to her. She glared at the small girl, with her long white hair trailing on the ground, and a dumb blue stripe on her back. "Why the ******** do you have a snake what is even ******** wrong with you?" She said, frowning.

The little sunset painted fawn stopped in her tracks, disappointment clearly showing in her face. No monster here, just some angry Hind. Despite her threatening tone Harmonia didn't seem fazed, though she did wonder what "********" meant. That was a word she hadn't ever heard before this brightly colored Hind. The striped fawn flicked her ears, answering the Hind's questions very matter-of-factly, as if any normal Herla carried around injured animals on a daily basis. Removing the snake from her mouth momentarily, she spoke. "I'm making offerings. Offerings to the bodysnatching monster. I figured it might like this snake...it's dying so there isn't much else anyone could possibly do with it anyway."

Oh wow what. This kid ran around making offerings to monsters? "Who the ******** are your parents, kid? Do you know their names?" She said, her mouth set in a hard line. She'd show them, knock some sense into them for letting their fawn run around the woods unarmed. Averyl wouldn't let Marion go into the woods without her there to stab anyone who bothered them. She was thinking of reaching down to get her knife out again, just in case.

Harmonia pawed at the snake with her hooves, this distraction starting to make her restless. "My parents? Mama and maman?" She thought for a second before simply stating, "Eden and Armani." She turned her head to the side, wondering why her parents were even important in this situation.

Another shock. Eden? Wasn't that Luci's daughter's name? Well Averyl certainly couldn't go around showing stabs to her niece, even if she was dumb enough to let her child run around without a blade of her own. She narrowed her eyes at the girl. She certainly has the color of her brother, albeit with a rainbow tone. "s**t kid, your grandpa is my brother." A pause. A stifled laugh. Goddamn, Luci, a grandpa. Haha, so old bro. "s**t, we're family. Drop the dead worm and I'll take you back home. The woods really ain't a place for someone your age." She nudges the girl, not really bothering what she thinks of the situation.

"My grandpa?" She hadn't exactly ever met her grandpa but, she knew of him. He was supposedly scary, or that's what her maman had told her. She seriously doubted her grandpa could be all that scary though. She fidgeted, not wanting to go home just yet. "I need to take this offering to the monster though...I want to meet him. I don't want to go home yet!" She gave the biggest puppy dog eyes, hoping it would have deterred this new family member. Apparently cute didn't work on this Hind though as she was quickly herded away from the snake, being directed back towards the edge of the forest.

"You can meet him when you have proper protection against him. Especially if he's a bodysnatcher like people say. You wouldn't want him taking all that pretty hair your Ma gave you or some s**t like that." She nodded her conviction. Maybe she could have a word with her niece about arming her kids, or at least making sure they didn't go where monsters dwell unsupervised! She led her... great-niece? Whatever she was, she led the girl (whoops don't even know her name) to the forest's edge, where she could bring her home and save her from being mangled or mauled by this dumb monster she talked about. "Maybe find something better than ******** dead snakes as offering too."

Harmonia puffed out her cheeks, clearly unhappy. Relation or not the fawn had been busy back there. "It won't take my hair though. That's what all these offerings have been for!" She didn't quite understand that those offerings wouldn't look like much next to her but, she hadn't exactly met or seen this monster yet. She doubted it was as scary as everyone said. "That snake was perfectly fine. I even caught it myself!" She huffed, as she finally gave up struggling against this larger Hind. She'd be back for that snake later.
Something caught Harmonia's eye as they reached the edge of the forest. Leaving her great aunt's side to go check it out, she curiously eyed it. There a strange basket sat, a bright blue blanket covering the contents inside. It seemed to be writhing in pain...oh wait maybe it was just breathing? That was odd, there must be something inside. Something alive! "This would make the perfect offering!" she exclaimed, dancing excitedly around it.

Averyl was about to speak when the girl darted out from her side, racing toward a blue basket. She really hated that color, but she walked over to the side of the basket. "Oh ********," she murmured. The girl was obsessed. "s**t, what is this?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part Two

The edges of the blanket peeled away, revealing two creatures - a green bunny bird thing and a purple one, peeked their heads out. Averyl started, grabbed her knife and got in front of Harmonia. "s**t, what the ******** is that I'LL KILL IT!"

Harmonia peeked around her great aunt, confused about why she seemed so threatened by these little things. They didn't exactly look threatening, they were even kind of cute. A squee escaped from her mouth as she realized these really were the perfect offerings! They were completely unique, she had never seen anything like them and she was sure the bodysnatching monster probably hadn't either. "Well I don't know about you but, I'm certainly taking one of these." She maneuvered around the pink Hind, picking up the more vibrant green one by the scruff of it's neck. It hung from her mouth, clicking it's beak in discomfort as the fawn pranced around the basket with joy. Who cared if these belonged to someone else, she had found them now and well finders keepers!

Averyl snorted, what the ******** were these things and who put them in a goddamn basket? And wait what the ******** why no stop little girl. "What if they're ******** poisonous or some s**t who even knows what they are what if they like, ******** Talon spawn." Averyl grumbled around her knife, despite having no knowledge of what a Talon looks like. She tried to stab at the purple one anyway, but it was too quick for her, and ran behind her. She lifted her head again, frowning. "Get the ******** back here so I can stab you."

Dropping her find, Harmonia sat down exhuasted from carrying around the bright green familiar. It sure was heavy, or rather heavy for a fawn to carry. She would sure have trouble carrying this fat little guy to her offering spot deep in the woods.
While Harmonia was plopped down of the ground, watching her aunt flip out over the purplish rabbit...bird, the green Chibin saw it's chance to escape. Ever so slowly it crept away from the fawn's side, trying to be as quiet as possible. It wasn't till the familiar was a few feet away that Harmonia noticed it had left her side. Glancing around in a suddenly panicked state, she spotted it. "Hey come back here!" she exclaimed, bolting upright and charging clumsily towards it. She wasn't about to lose the perfect offering after she had searched so hard to find it.

Averyl was too busy with her own chase sequence to see her young charge had run off after her "offering", and she was very determined to get that dumb purple thing dead! Or at least mortally wounded, she'd take what she can get because damn, that thing was fast. Her legs felt all twisted up from turning so fast, and having to back up when it ran between her legs. "Clever little a*****e!" she grunted, knife still firmly gripped between her teeth. The purple Chibin took a bold chance, jumping up onto her backlegs, and climbed on her back. Averyl turned around, and hissed, trying to stab at it, though it was just out of her reach. Instead, she looked rather like a dog chasing it's own tail.

Tripping over her own four feet, Harmonia went barreling into her "prey", and landed with a thud on top on it. With an angry chirp and a wiggle the Chibin admitted defeat under the heavier fawn.
Shaking her head, the sunset painted fawn realized her victory, a wide grin spreading across her face. "Haha gotcha! You'll never escape from me again!" Gripping the green familiar by it's neck scruff, she slowly got up and carried it over to her great aunt, an amused look on her face as she noticed her aunt's dilemma.

Averyl spun around a few more times, before giving up. She glared at her great-niece for having such a look on her face, and glared at the Chibin again for making her look so foolish. "Fine you win, you ******** stupid purple rabbit s**t." Yes, Aves mad. But the Chibin wouldn't move from her back, knowing she'd try to attack it again if it did. Averyl was still a few moments longer. Stupid distractions. "Yeah kid, I should still get you home." She nudged her niece, very aware of her stupid green rabbit thing which made her nostrils flare. "Your mama's probably worried."

Harmonia wiggled her tail as she carefully balanced the Chibin in her mouth. This new offering was enough to entertain herself with in her thicket for today if she had to go home and, by the looks of it there was no way to escape her aunt easily. She'd be back to the deep forest tomorrow though with her "offering." She eyed the other Chibin on her great aunt's back as she waddled along with her own green one in her mouth. Maybe, just maybe she'd be able to snag that purple one too before she parted ways with this pink Hind.  

Yunonia

Obsessive Lover

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:39 pm
Partners: Lita Maxwell and Fea Line

The lion like buck was off on another of his solo adventures. A time where he simply wanted to be alone and to think. The soft breeze blew his brown mane against his face and neck as he trotted along. He passed by his usual places, stopping to take a peek at the robin family, whose babies he got the lucky chance to watch hatch a few days before. A small smile tugged at his lips as he bid them farewell and continued on his path to enjoy and learn all the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of the world around him. But something felt different in the atmosphere today, and Sentry couldn't quite figure it out.

Following his instincts, Sentry trotted deeper into the forest, where the sounds grew less, the smells turned to pine, and the sight changed to endless rows of trees. Apart from a various bird cries that were few and far between, the only sound was the clinking of the metal claws on Sentry's hoofs against the ground. His ears were pricked and his red eyes alert for anything out of the ordinary....and thats when he spotted it.

A small strange basket sitting all alone...

Gently stepping closer to it, while also making sure no angry parents were around, Sentry curiously sniffed the basket. He could tell something was inside, but for fear of startling it, or what may be the case, he refrained from lifting the blanket. Instead, he lowered his head, letting one ear hover over the basket. He knew he could hear...something inside. Taking a deep breath and holding it, he could hear a faint sound resonating from inside the basket, much like the soft ticking of his locket that helped the lonely hart fall asleep many nights.

A frown claimed his muzzle as he pulled back and stared down at the little basket. "Who do you belong too...and where are your parents..." he wondered aloud...if the basket even had any parents or needed them. As if in reaction to his question, the bundle beneath suddenly began to move. He didn't want whatever was inside to grow up not knowing its family just like he had, so the hard struck an idea. "Zydra.... " he said, thinking of the beautiful blue delta hind who had become the mother he never had. "She will know what to do." he said and gently picked up the basket by the handle with his teeth, and went off in search of the hind. Surely Zydra will have an idea what to do with the basket, or maybe even know where to look for possible owners.

He found the shiny blue doe at her usual place by the lake. Perched on a flat rock that jutted out into the water, Zydra could admire the world before her and the water below her. Her ears twitched at the sound of hooves, her liquid blue eyes focusing on the object as it appeared from the forest until she noticed the familiar form. "Oh, Sentry!" Gracefully getting to her hooves, she walked to greet him with a nuzzle to his fuzzy mane. "My, you have found something quite unique. May I enquirer as to what it is?" Already her head was turning this way and that to admire the pretty basket which the lion herla held in his mouth.

Sentry gently dipped his neck and set the basket down, careful not to jostle anything that might be inside. "I found it in the forest. There seems to be something inside..." he said, gently nosing the yellow ribbon on the handle. He could still hear the faint sounds coming within if he focused upon them. "No one seemed to be around, and I was afraid for the safety of whatever may be inside." he said seriously, yet gently, his head still bent to inspect the basket, deep red eyes looking over ever inch in a very concerned manner. He then lifted his head to stare at her, with almost soft pleading eyes. "You took care of me....when I was little. I knew if I brought the basket to you, you would know what to do." he said, his tone almost sounding like the confused fawn he used to be as he remembered the struggles of growing up clueless, and for the most part alone. He was determined not to let that happen to whatever lay inside the basket. After all, he had made that silent vow to protect any and all he could. His tail lashed the air as he lifted up a hoof, using the metal claws strapped to them to turn the basket slightly so that it was straight and even.

"You are such a kind herla, Sentry, wishing to protect others." She was quite certain that what ever was in this basket would be safe and well taken care of between the two of them, and if it had honestly been misplaced or lost they would search for the parents and return it. Zydra would never want to keep a creature away from their family.

"Well, well. Is anyone there~?" She murmured softly, sniffing at the yellow bow curiously. The sent of grass and sand oddly coming from the blanket below. Her attention was quickly drawn to a movement below the blue material. "I mean you no harm, little one~ We just want to keep you safe." The form wiggled and bulged under the blanket but never peeked out, perhaps it was stuck or perhaps it was shy. With a soft laugh Zydra looked back up at Sentry, "I do not think our friend here is ready to come out of hiding just yet. But we shall watch it together until it decides to join us." Such things take time and that was something Zydra had plenty of.

Part 2:

Carefully picking up the basket with her teeth, the blue delta made her way back to the water's edge. She placed the basket on the flat rock and nosed the bow's limp form back into place, her eyes wandering down to the blanket and the still form below it. "And now we wait, I guess." Zydra gave a warm smile to her foster son and sat down beside the basket. The day was warm and the sun was shining, birds chirping about in the air above. She was soon lost in a peaceful trance, humming a soft tune to pass the time.

An odd sound, a clicking of sorts, pulled her out of her daze and turned her attention to the basket. It was moving more now, wiggling and squirming under the blue blanket. "Sentry, I believe our friend is ready to come out now, perhaps they were just merely taking a nap." With a wistful chuckle Zydra leaned down and nosed the blanket lightly. As she pulled her head back a small face popped out from the side, one ear still stuck under the cloth. "Well, good afternoon." As soon as she leaned down to inspect the new creature a second head popped out from the other side.

The lion hart had curled up next to Zydra and was too drifting off into slumber, enjoying the warmth of the sun against his fur, when his ears flickered to the sound of the blue hind's voice.

Blinking his eyes open, Sentry simply gazed in awe and wonder at the basket as Zydra gently nosed away part of the cloth. First one head popped out.....and then a second. Two? There was two of them? And twins at that! Their strange little floppy ears, bird like beak and front talons....small little wings. "What....are they?" he said curiously, slowly lowering his head so not to scare them and giving them a soft sniff. They were cute, he had to admit that.

Casting his gaze about, he looked for any signs of parents, or some sort of family, but saw none. "And what should we do with them?" he asked, more importantly, as he used his nose to scoot away the rest of the blanket. One of the little creatures reached up and put its front claws on his nose, standing on its hind tiptoes to gaze at Sentry and his big fluffy mane. Sentry froze, not wanting to startle it. He couldn't help but chuckle. "Curious little things...."

"I think he likes you, Sentry." Zydra observed the small creature's interactions with the much larger herla then turned her attention to it's twin, it had finally gotten both ears out from under the blanket and was now working on it's wings. "Why, you're all caught up in that, aren't you?" The Chibin gave her a curious look then went back to tugging at the blanket with its claws, wiggling it's wings with little success. Lending a helping hoof, the delta took part of the blanket in her teeth and picked it up slowly until the Chibin was free.

Giving himself a good shake off it stretched it's tiny wings and turned to chattered at it's twin for not assisting when it spotted the lion herla. With a loud squeak it leaped out of the basket and hid on the other side, peeking up and around as it expected the tan herla to bite at it any second.

"Ah, do not fear little one. Sentry is a kind soul, see, your twin there is perfectly safe." Using her prehensil tail she picked the basket up, exposing the chibin from it's hiding space. "He won't attack you, quite the opposite actually."

Letting out a chuckle, Sentry blinked cross eyed at the little creature. Feeling content, the chibin scrambled up Sentry's face and to the top of his head, where he burrowed around in the lion hart's mane till it found a nice warm spot to nestle in. "I do hope I'm comfortable..." he said, trying his best to be still and not knock the chibin around.

As he slowly shifted his gaze to the other twin, he noticed it starting to inch closer. "I thought they would cling to you more Zydra." he chuckled again, as he slowly set his head down so that he was evenly resting against the ground. Upon seeing its twin, the other chibin scurried over and up onto Sentry's head, chittering this and that, moving strands of fur and hair with his talons till he nestled up with his twin, giving a slight yawn. Both the creatures blinked sleepily, their tiny chests moving in and out as they gazed about their surroundings from atop their perch.

Casting a sidelong glance at Zydra, he softly smiled. "Well. I guess that settles that." he grinned, shutting his red eyes, content to take a nap himself.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:44 pm
Arte Lune & Avid_RPer18

Dappled sunlight broke over a crest of a hill covered in strange but beautiful flowers. A young female Herla stood amid the flowers gazing solemnly about, waiting for her friend to meet her. She had finally gotten away from her doting brother and guardian to explore on her own… well, with the exception of her friend, but even still she was mostly on her own. Cleverly Astarael had told her friend to meet her after sunrise, so these moments were hers and hers alone, and she savored every moment of the brilliant sunrise. Astarael usually drew bad luck and had a tendency for low self-preservation skills, so it was rare that people kept her alone for any amount of time, but it was independence and alone time she craved. So there she waited, happy though her face never showed it, for something to happen.

Slipping away in the pale light of the early morning, luck had been on Birijai's side as her guardian didn't even stir as she sneaked off through the trees. Knowing her friend's love of the sunrise, the Herla wasn't in a huge rush to get to their meeting place early. Besides, she herself enjoyed the staggering amount of bird activity that was common during this time of season. They were everywhere, singing their songs and building nests for their fledgling families. It was a delight to see, but she couldn't linger too long, for the hilly meadow in which Astarael was waiting for her was just ahead amid the oddly beautiful flowers that grew there. Breaking through the treeline, Birijai made her way up the first hill, her honey gold eyes scanning for her friend. Upon nearing the peak of the hill, the form of Astarael stood a ways off, dappled in the warming light of morning. A smile spread across her features as she drew closer. "Good morning, Astarael. It's nice to see you again. Enjoyed your sunrise?"

Turning to look at her approaching companion, Astarael flashed a bit of a smile of her own. "Ah, good morning indeed! I did enjoy and it was a great one." Especially so, since she got to enjoy it in the rare and much sought after solitude. "You didn't have any trouble getting away, I take?"

Birijai chuckled and shook her head with a grin. "No, no trouble at all. I'm glad to see that you could make it too. Shall we get going? The day is young and I'm sure we'll find plenty to do."

With a nod, the pair of Herla set off for a good long explore, chatting merrily and catching up with all that had gone on since their last meeting. Their attention being as wrapped up in each other as it was, they didn't initially notice something nestled on the ground, alone and unattended.

Happening to glance forward, Birijai blinked and slowed to a near stop. "What is that? Is it a...basket?" Drawing nearer to the unattended basket, Birijai tipped her head curiously. It was rather cute, what with the plain, simple woven basket with its big bright sunshine yellow bow and sky blue blanket. Who could it belong to? Leaning her head down to see if she could smell if anyone had been around recently, and to get a closer look to see if any fresh tracks could be seen around the basket, Birijai sniffed softly before flinching in surprise when the basket twitched. Straightening herself up, she cleared her throat and looked to her companion with a furrowed brow to see what she was thinking.

To Astarael the basket was beautiful in its simplicity, a straw colored woven thing with a giant sunshine yellow bow placed on the handle, it twitched for a moment and Astarael glanced at Birijai in worry. Her storm cloud colored gaze lingering on the basket, not sure if she was bold enough to look inside.
“What do you believe it is?”

"I'm not sure. It's obviously alive, whatever it is. And small." Birijai gave a thoughtful and vaguely worried hum as she glanced around. "It can't have been here long. Perhaps...we should stay and keep an eye on it, just in case whoever left it here comes back." If they come back, echoed in the back of her mind, but the female shook it off. There were a few worries nagging in the back of her mind, but her curiosity and the desire to make sure whatever lay in the basket was alright overwhelmed what worries there were. With a sigh, she looked from Astarael to the basket before them. "Let's keep an eye on it, Asta. At least until we figure out something more definitive..."

"Agreed. We'll be okay watching it for a time, I mean, we're together. Two heads are better than one, so they say. We'll stay and watch the little one." Astarael was torn between pacing and settling down next to the basket, so she did one then the other after heaving a sigh. Hopefully their luck would hold and nothing would go wrong for them. Hopefully.  

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

Mennykins

Timid Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:01 pm
RP Partners: 0-Menma-0 and musicaloner7

The day was like every other. The weather was perfect, fluffy white clouds migrating slowly across the face of the Sun and a pleasant wind. On the grassy ground below, a Talon was tearing across a clearing. The reptilian predator was wounded, her clawed feet taking her farther and away from those that would want to steal her meal and harm her further. One eye kept a sharp lookout, the other clouded with blue film and dead in its socket. Clutched in her razor-sharp teeth, was a basket. Neatly kept with a yellow bow on the handle, the little wicker basket was a strange thing to see, so innocent compared to the deathly creature that carried it. Under the soft blue blanket that covered the precious cargo inside, there was movement, a small figure shifting every now and then. She quickened her pace, hoping whatever was inside would not fall out. Alive was better than dead. She had little ones to feed.

A symphony of scents whirled and danced along the hybrids nostrils, sensitive tip twitching and turning from time to time in picking and ordering the designated aroma's to their master. Spring seemed to be a season full of promise, and opportunity, brimming with life that spread over even the most vacant of area's. On such a day, the young doe took the opportunity to explore what had been graced overnight; buds that finally peeked open, sprouts that managed to dig their way up to the surface, whimpers of newborns taking their first breaths, or the louder slosh of a more full stream running along a rock outcropping. This world truly was beautiful, and one Cerie could never seem to lack interest in. Everyday felt like stepping into a new realm.
Tiny paws placing soundly along the soft green carpet beneath her, gossamer red eyes peered along the rather open plains, body heading towards the outlining forest before her. She'd wanted to investigate a few tree's that were starting to bud, and unfurl fresh green leaves. It was always delightful to watch their progression over time, to watch them grow and thrive. As her long graceful gaits parted through the tall grasses, her long ears swiveled forward upon spotting a figure in her path. A buck clad in a purple pelt, and adorned with a pair of seafoam green delicate wings along his back. Hawthorne. That lax, faint smile slid along the Hind's lips, recalling the buck when he'd been only a tiny infant within the enclosure of his thicket. What a fine Hart he'd become. As she approached him, Cerie was ignorant to the Talon; as it was behind some large rolling hills and downwind of her. Once within a close enough range, the doe called out softly to her companion, "Hawthorne."

THUNK.

"Oof....Ow, ow..." The Hart mumbled, backing out of the fallen log he'd had his head stuck in, and hit his head on. He shook off, straightening up and turning around,"Ah! Cerie!" He said happily, his tuft of a tail wagging excitedly."What brings you to these parts?" He said with a wide grin. He barely noticed the beetle he'd been following flying away.
Still running, the large female Talon was struggling. The wound had begun bleeding uncontrollably, and she worked her legs and tail vigorously trying to keep steady. Then, all of a sudden, it felt like she was falling. She toppled, the blood loss too great. She screeched, her grip on the basket loosening, and her prize slipped though her teeth, falling towards the ground, and rolling down the hill. She had nearly righted herself when she lost function of her legs all together.

Her fluffy tail flicked softly as she approached her friend, once close enough giving a tender touch of her nose to him, "I've come to see what Spring has brought today." she replied in a feathery tone. Her eyes flickered to the side as she spied the beetle making a get away, making her smile grow further, "I see you are as well." the rare sound of a giggle escaped the Hind's lips. But it didn't last long as her ears suddenly twirked, head perking up as well. Suddenly, her head turned to look to the hills on her left, tail curving in alarm upon spying something coming their way. What was that? Before Cerie could respond properly, the unknown item came rolling and crashing into a large bush with a hardy 'fssht!' sound. A few birds twittered in surprise, shooting out from the confines of the shrubbery, as well as a few bugs took their leave as well, "What is that...?" she asked softly, mostly to herself. Padding softly towards the mysterious bundle, an ear twitched at hearing the raptor giving unpleased screeches and guttural cries. What was that?! The Talon crested the hill, losing her balance for good and tumbling down the hillside towards the two Herla.

The female Talon had lost her battle against the Bears. Hawthorne's attention was up at the hills as well. He'd jumped and given a shout of surprise when the mysterious thing had fallen into the bushes next to him, scrambling to get next to Cerie. His eyes widened in alarm and he nosed her frantically into the trees."Quickly! Hide!" He shouted. They ran.
They made it into the cluster of trees just in time. Where they had been standing, the large female Talon now lay. She had hit the ground hard, a long blood smear on the grass from where she had fallen to where she lay. Hawthorne's ears were perked high, eyes wide. There was so much blood."Is it....is it dead?"

Her ears perked more from Hawthorne's ushering, doing as he said as she saw the creature diving down to the ground. As they dove into the safety of the tree line, her ears had pricked, catching a sight that surprised her. The strange object tangled in the bush.. had moved! Looking up to the buck beside her, she whispered, "Hawthorne... I think there's something inside of there.." she gestured to the basket by turning her head towards it. It was then that a familiar squeak took to sounding, and catching the doe's attention. Looking down between her paws was the shy little mion Sweetroot. Features instantly softening again, the canine-esque Hind lowered her neck to meet the rodent with an affectionate nosing, "Sweetroot, there you are.." she cooed. But as Sweetroot happily greeted his 'mother', the Talon had picked up on the squeak, making piercing eyes dart towards the trio. A low hiss seethed from her, clearly showing that she was still alive. Nodding in response to her comrade, Cerie gentle nosed Sweetroot close under her, "I don't think so, Hawthorne... " she murmured, paws kneading the earth as the Talon focused on them.

The Buck herla took a few steps forward, jumping again in surprise as the Talon screeched at him, but did not move."Something in the...?" He repeated after the small doe, looking towards the basket nestled in the bushes, and indeed something was moving around inside. Hawthorne stepped slowly out the tree line, the angry Talon glaring at him with her one good eye as he passed. She hissed at him, and the Buck flinched a few times but stood before her, a good length away from her." I think she can't move...We can get the basket, Cerie." He said, looking back towards the pretty hybrid.

Watching as Hawthorne advanced towards the fallen monstrosity, Cerie followed close behind him. Sweetroot kept at the doe's paws, his own tiny legs moving frantically to stay at the same pace. Eyes glancing to the cushioned basket, ears flinching from time to time at the sound of the angry Talon, the Hind turned her attention back to her company, "Yes.. I think I can get it." she ensured, looking down as she felt a soft body push past her short furred legs. Eyes widening in surprise, seeing as Sweetroot took the liberty of dashing towards the bundle and basket, Cerie automatically picked up on the Talon's reaction, it's natural instincts kicking in at seeing a scampering rodent. Another snack to be had. "Sweetroot..!" the doe whispered, following after him, keeping an eye on the writhing clawed demon. It was squirming its way closer towards the deer and mion, snapping and clapping its jaws with a hard clicking sound in warning.

Hawthorne followed Cerie, nudging her side."Hurry, this thing looks like it's trying to get up." He said. The Talon screeched at them. Sweetroot, the quick little Mion that he was, got to the Basket first. He got it onto Cerie's back, holding onto it so it would not fall off. Hawthorne gave the fallen Talon one last look before darting off into the forest after Cerie. The ugly predator screeched once, then slumped in defeat. Death claimed her swiftly, when the clan of Bears that had been hunting her, found her.
When he felt they were far away enough, Hawthorne had them stop for a rest and to check out the basket. Hawthorne helped Sweetroot move the basket gently to the ground where he sniffed at it. Whatever was inside, writhed and kicked at his nose."Ow! Hey!" He mumbled, sneezing softly."What do you think is in there?"

Once out of the harms of danger, the relieved Cerie took to investigating this strange sort of carrying object, holding something within. "It might be a baby, being something so small.. and that creature trying to get it." she replies, Sweetroot sitting on the edge of the baskets lip. He curiously sniffed at the soft blue blanket, and pastel yellow bow. "It sure is an odd container.." the doe comments, nosing at the handle, nose twitching from it's familiar wooden smell. "Maybe we should look after it, Hawthorne." she announced, head tipping up to the taller buck with a small smile.

A blush appeared on his cheeks at the word 'we', but then he shook his head and leaned in to sniff from a careful distance, not wanting his nose to get kicked again."We don't even know what's inside." He said. He and Cerie looked at each other, then down to the basket. They leaned in, ears perked curiously, as Sweetroot grabbed the edge of the blanket, getting ready to reveal what was inside...

Part ll

Hawthorne blinked, peering inside. Glaring at the two Herla with large brown eyes, was a creature they had never seen before. A beak and wings but little arms and rabbit ears!"Hey there little guy." The Buck said, giving it a lopsided grin. It was obviously a baby, so he tried to be nice.

"....Don't you touch my brotheeeerrrr!!!!" Came a little voice from in the trees."What the-?" Was about the only thing Hawthorne got out before another creature of the same kind and size landed on his head. It's little beak clamped around Hawthorne's ear, and the Buck gave a shout of pain, rearing up and trying to shake it loose." Get it off Get it off Get it off!!!!"

Also peeking into the basket, the doe was shocked to see the strange little animal. Blinking in surprise, she was further surprised to see one of the creatures talk, and attack Hawthorne from the branches above them. It must've fallen out of the Basket when it took a tumble down that hill. As he flailed and shouted, the long ears of the Hind folded back with a wince or two, soft voice speaking up, "Hawthorne... be careful... you might hurt it.." Sweetroot had taken to diving inside the basket, hiding from the buck's rather sudden reaction.

"It's.Hurting. Me!" He ground out, trying to still himself but couldn't help bucking or rearing every time the little thing clamped down on his ear. The brown eyed little thing was watching his brother." You get him, Berlios!" He cheered him on before noticing the pretty hind and hiding back in the basket. Hawthorne looked pleadingly at Cerie." Get it off!"

Tail flicking nervously, the doe jerks her head back as Hawthorne comes a bit too close to hitting her, and ducks from a wild swing, "You'll have to stay still, Hawthorne." she soothed, finally placing her nose to the bucks neck in an attempt to calm him. Looking up, she watched the strange creature latched at the distressed Hart's ear, smiling very faintly, "Hello there, little one. Might I ask that you let go from my friends ear?"

Hawthorne stilled, apologizing softly to his female friend. The purple little creature hung onto Hawthorne's ear, glaring at Cerie." Why dontcha make me?" He said, his voice making it obvious that he was very young. As soon as he spoke, he realized what he had done, his beak opening and letting the bucks ear free and he fell to the ground, standing and shaking off. Hawthorne shook off, flicking his ear, wincing. The green one came out to join his brother." Are you okay, Berlios?" He asked, as young sounding as his brother. The Purple one nodded." Yeah, Tuluz, I'm okay." He said, then glared at the two Herla." What's the big idea, huh? You big bullies!"

Smiling softly to Hawthorne as he eased himself back to a calmer state of mind, the Hind looked down the strange little youngling. My, it was sure defensive. But it didn't deter or change the gentle doe's demeanor, "We're here to help you, little ones. We mean you no harm." she assured, lowering her neck to give an encouraging, and hopefully comforting, nuzzle.

Hawthorne pulled Cerie away in time so that a little beak didn't clamp down on her nose."Help us? Snatching us from the others, moving around our basket then dropping us! How is that helping?" Oh, Now Hawthorne got it." That wasn't us. You got snatched up by a Talon, but something hurt it and it dropped you. We found you." He explained, watching the little fuzzballs give them a wary look. "Well...You look like you don't run too fast..." The purple one said, and the green one nodded." Yeah, you're right." Hawthorne gave them a lopsided smile." You two were very brave." He said, and the little purple one puffed his little chest proudly." We're the bravest Chibins you will ever meet! M'names Berlios, and this is my Brother Tuluz." He said, nudging the plump little green creature.

The Hybrid chuckled softly, wearing a warm expression." It's very nice to meet you Berlios, and Tuluz." She said softly, watching in amusement as Berlios climbed onto Hawthorne nose and used it as a perch. "You guys are funny lookin'. Where are your bows and long ears?" He asked, childish curiosity ever present.
"An' you don't got the long floppy ears." Tuluz said, pulling his own ears down to make them look lop-eared. Tuluz also curiously poked at their hooves." An' no pawses!" Hawthorne laughed softly." Is that what the others from your home look like?" He asked, watching Cerie help Tuluz onto her back. Sweetroot chittered a quiet Hello, also sitting on Cerie's back.

After speaking for a little while, Hawthorne crossed his eyes to look at Berlios still sitting on his snout." We should take you back with us. Taking you back the direction you came from could be too dangerous." He said, snagging the basket from the ground. Cerie nodded in agreement." Yes, that would be best. Perhaps the others will be waiting for you there." She said kindly. They headed in the direction of the clearing that belonged to the Hartlands with these strange new little friends, and wondering what else had come with them.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:32 pm
Rp Partners: CoyoteSparrow playing Suikune and Sailus Sabien playing Leon

A whisper of breeze made its way through the trees as the sun made its way through the morning sky. Things scurried through the underbrush, busy going along their own lives as spring came to its climax. Yes, the day was beatiful, and pleasant, but what could be more out of place than a lithe blue herla, nervously hiding from something twitching in the brush?
Sui crouched behind the bush, tense and wary. The flighty thing had always been high strung in new situations, and now, he was faced with the terrible scare of a bush, rustling and twitching before him.. He peeked over his own hedge, giving the rustling sound a wary stare. What if it was a talon? Surely, it would leap out and eat him should he run! Or what if it was a bear! That would eat him too! The poor thing trembled from the tips of his hooves, to the tops of his ears, the ribbon-esque tail thrashing at his sides in it's own nervous rhythm.

Leon detested spring. Loathed it. Already he longed for winter to return so that he could once more be comfortable with his thick fur. The ice cold eyed lion-esque buck glared at the twittering birds in the warm sun his three tails twitching irritably. He wandered with no clear aim until he came across a rather small herla with it's hindquarters in the air sticking out of a bush far too small, for it. Peering around the corner to see what could possibly have a herla frozen in terror, he notes the basket. Curious, he starts toward it coming into the other herla's line of vision.

It must be some sort of evil thing! Sui mused internally, only to be startled out of his wits as yet another evil thing pounced-Oh wait. No. That was Leon. Sui leapt up, scurrying behind the Hart. "Leon!~ Leeeeon!! Look that that thing! It's mooooooooving!!" The words spilled out of Sui's mouth like water, trailing quickly, one behind the other. In all honesty, he sincerely looked frightened. His tails lashed at his sides, and his bright red eyes were flashing as if he might run any moment. Even his hind feet danced.
The hart had ducked behind Leon, peeking just over the ruff of luxurious fur round the buck's neck. ...It really was soft, but as much as Sui would have liked to bury his face in the soft ruff, he couldn't take his eyes off of that menacing twitchy.. thing..

Leon commented deadpan as his friend revealed himself. "I can see that." he said not unkindly as he bristled from the close contact. Why must he always be touched? why?. Really, it was so small, and innocent looking,… Cautious still he picked up a long branch between his teeth and poked the basket. It twitched, but otherwise did nothing threatening. Well then. "What now?" he asked.

Sui damned near jumped out of his skin as Leon so nonchalantly poked at the basket with a stick.. Maybe he was right.. The basket certainly did seem harmless enough.. It was blue after all, and nothing that was blue could be bad. Just look at Sui himself. He was very blue, and very not bad. The flighty herla pulled himself back to the moment, he could admire his blue-ness later. Now was a time for courage! Now was a time for action!!
His head dropped, neck parallel to the ground as he took a defiant step forward, toward the basket. No! He couldn't be a slave to his fears! ...Nothing ever got done that way, anyhow. Still rather frightened, the hart took his tentative steps toward the basket, each a display of courage and action! ...Well, it was in his mind at least. To anyone else, it likely looked like some odd jig. Anyhow. Soon he was in reach of the now slightly less menacing basket. His neck craned foreward, stretching as far as it would reach. Sui held his breath, and scrunched his eyes closed, and nudged the basket, before turning to bolt back, and hide behind Leon.

Blinking, Leon craned his head to give a sideways look to his friend. "what was that supposed to accomplish?" he said with a tone of dry amusement before looking back at it again. "Well what should we do with it?" He could not believe they were giving such a small inconspicuous thing such a wide berth.

Suikune's head dropped, feeling a bit abashed as he was scolded. ...All in all, he supposed he really was being silly, being so scared of a simple little basket.. It was so small, and.. and.. Twitchy.. And blue, it was blue too. What if it was just as scared as they were? "...Maybe we should find somewhere safe for it.. Or make sure that it doesn't get rained on at least.." His expression had turned thoughtful, and he looked to Leon, wondering what his friend thought of the whole situation...

Leon seemed to echo his thoughts unknowingly. He paced around the basket, and sniffed gently, not recognizing the strange scent. More concerned then he wished to admit, he said aloud as his belts clinked, "We….can't just leave it here…." Whatever was inside must be helpless, and what if it was some type of young? Leon could not abandon it. Somehow he had a feeling that this would be more trouble then it was worth.

Suikune thought hard for a long moment, nibbling at his bottom lip as he thought. Where to put a basket.. Where to put a basket.. Obviously not in the water, it would sink, and he was rather sure that Baskets left on land didn't breathe under water. Whatever was in it had to be a land thing, and not a water thing. He looked to the sky, eyes squinting in the sunlight. Perhaps somewhere cool, and shaded, like where his mother had raised him. The ruby eyes lit, and he turned to his friend as excited as ever. "What about a cave! It'll be cool, and not too bright.." He pranced over to the basket, giving it a light nuzzle with his muzzle. "What do you think of that Bassy-Kit? Would you like a nice, cool, not so bright cavey?"

Leon peered at his friend as if he has completely lost his already questionable sanity. Lifting the basket and wrapping a tail around the handle the unlikely two-some headed off. "Well I suppose so, but we'd have to stay with it." Unfortunately with it being spring alt of the caves were in rotten condition having been used for winter. The smell of some was vile. First stumbling on cranky animals with some of their newly born young caused them to hastily vacate a few, Sui often leaving Leon far behind in his haste to retreat.

Suikune struggled to calm himself.. That last.. thing in the cave.. His heart pounded, and before he had known it, he had been nigh a mile away from the cave. Sure enough, Leon hadn't been too far behind.. Sui wasn't a complete idiot. He knew he was a flighty, and cowardly little thing. Even with Leon and the basket they were supposed to be protecting behind him, he'd still run, without hesitation. Leon hadn't been scared. He was sure of that. Leon was never scared.
The hart idly toyed with a small sphere of water he had pulled from a near by stream. It's form shifted, never taking any definite shape as he followed behind Leon.. He wanted to be brave, but.. He just didn't know how..

At last they came to a tiny cool cave almost completely hidden in a the hillside, both of them ruffled with twigs and leaves and other unmentionables tangled in their fur. "This…is. The. Last. One." Leon gasped, almost ready to completely wash his hands of the whole basket affair. He would have sooner if not for his friends protests. Luckily it seemed this one was un touched. He laid the basket down with a sigh.

Sui poked his head into the cave, and turning back to Leon with a child's smile just as he darted in. Leon seemed exhausted, but Sui was excited all over again. He nosed about the cave, inspecting every corner he could find. Leon had long since settled down when Sui finally deemed the cave to his satisfaction. The hart took in a deep breath, ready to proclaim the cave perfect, but just as he was about to speak, it dawned on him how tired Leon looked. He'd dragged the hart all over the place, looking for the proper cave.. Until now, it hadn't dawned on him unitl now.. Not everyone could run like he could. Not everyone could keep up.. In fact.. No one could.. No one he'd ever met, at least. ..But Leon had tried, and done rather well at it too.. A small smile touched the blue heart's features as he settled down on the cool stone floor, his neck curled about the basket. Leon was a good friend, and in Sui's opinion, the basket couldn't have been in better hands, if Leon was looking after it.

~Part II~

The cave was cool and inviting, just enough shade from the sun, just cool enough. A delightfully cool dampness had settled into Sui's coat, making the hart feel even more at home. He was always astounded how water was everywhere he was, but perhaps it was simply that he was only where the water was.
In his relaxed state, the hart had quickly fallen to dozing in his light sleep. He never could find it in him to be fully asleep, it quite simply never worked. He had slept soundly when he was at his mother's side, but never alone. Alone, he slept lightly, as if he were hovering just below the consious surface. It was in this state that the hart began to feel the slight touches, and hear the tiny chirps and purrs. At first, he had thought them a part of a dream, but more and more they be came real, more solid as he woke. Sui opened his red eyes, blinking out the sleep, only to find a large blue pair staring back at him.

...Needless to say the hart jumped high enough to hit the cieling, and his shout, girlier than he'd ever like to admit, was likely loud enough to burst an ear drum or so.

Leon was startled awake by an shout. He had been dreaming, and was slowly soothed by his cool respite from the murderous sun. He was on his hooves in an instant, antlers aimed at the ready, and then he laid eyes on possibly the cutest and strangest things he had ever seen in his life. It trembled as it stared at him obviously certain it was about to be speared at any moment O________O.

Sui's chest hammered as he peeked back into the cave. They were monsters! Evil, toothy, gruesom--Oh wait.. No they weren't. He watched the little things shiver, their large eyes darting about in a manner that probably mirrored his own.. "They're a-DOR-able!" The hart dropped to his belly with a goofy grin, creeping along the stone floor, hoping not to scare the fluffy litte things..

Leon held perfectly still as the purple, striped whatever it was waddled forward.He held perfectly still not having moved from his stance as it, in an effort of self preservation it seemed, leaned forth and hugged his nose and gazed at him in a rather tearful and pleading manner. It was so…soft…and smelled so strange, why it smelled of spring flowers, and sun-ripe berries and early morning dew. And Leon, dispite his loathing of spring, could not help but feel sorry for it. That is until it took it upon itself to decorate him, with ribbon from the basket. Oh the misery. =w=. He hated these balls of spring fluff. He did indeed.

Sui sat up on his haunches, giggling as he watched the little purple thing decorated Leon with all sorts of things.. Oh, he liked these things, he certainly did. The greener of the two on the other hand, seemed fascinated with the ribbonlike tails that fluttered at Sui's sides. The hart could scarcely contain himself as the little thing crouched, its hind wiggling and wings twitching, before pouncing up and catching one in its dexterous little hands. The hart seemed fit to bust as it examined his tail, first with one eye, then the other.. "Leeeeeoooonnnn.. They're so cuuute!!"

"They are monstrosities!" he snapped as he tried, unsuccessfully to pry the purple from his being. No matter how he twisted, how he turned he could not get free. It was so fast moving along his back with a speed he would not have thought possible from the chubby little thing. It chirped and to Leon's horror it seemed the basket was lined with all sorts of spring time goodies and bright colorful knicknacks made by these…things. Leon attempted escape but it had a tight grip as he went back on his hind legs in and effort to dislodge it. It let out a happy trill, as though it thought this was a game. biggrin DDD
At Long last Leon slumped to the floor and momentarily admitted defeat. =w=.

Sui could have rolled with laughter, the way Leon tried to shake off the little thing.. It was rather evident that he'd never be rid of the little purple ball of fluff. Certainly enough, it seemed as if the greener of the two fluffs was equally amused. Little chirps of what Sui assumed was laughter cackled through the air in the cave as the little thing rolled on the floor. "Oh.. I think we should keep them Leon!! We can keep them safe.. and show them all the good berries.. and bring them swimming.." The hart trailed off, lost in his gleeful fancies.

Leon's sour expression lightened a touch when he thought of how helpless these little things would be without herla to protect them. His one weakness, these things were gentle, and unsoiled by fear and harm. The thought of it getting hurt, as annoying as it was. He couldn't leave something so innocent to die. After all the trouble they had been though he watched as it chirped a happy tune and snuggled deep into his neck ruff, he sighed and bit out a heavy sigh. "Fine." He supposed they couldn't be so bad. Then again…eyeing the pink bow on his neck, he could be wrong.

Sui let out a rather high pitched squeal of elation, ducking down to his little green friend. His mind whirled over the possibilities of pranks and games.. He and his little friend--..Oh wait... He needed a name didn't he? If it really was a 'he' at all.. He'd just suppose it was a he. Well, regardless. He, or she, needed a name.. And preferably a unisex one until they could figure out things more fitting.. Well then it'd really be a nick-name now wouldn't it? Sui shook his head, trying his best to stop the internal babble, and think. Sure enough, he had a rather good idea-by his standards, at least. The hart sat up as straight as he could, and cleared his throat, "I dub thee, Bassy, and Kit!" It was a mere moment before he broke into a new chorus of giggles, and was laying on his side on the cave floor once again. It was a long moment before he looked up, a pure and happy smile on his face..Not a moment later that expression dropped to disbelief, and then an even louder chorus of giggles. "Le-Leon.. I think you've got poopy on your shoulder!" The hart rolled over in his laughter, before scooting over to take a better look at the little mound. His expression dropped, as did the giggles. "Holy Crap--Are those JELLYBEANS?"
Leon: -.-;; Looked down at the brightly colored…..ahem, >.> and said in a drained tone. "I don't even want to know."

tricksterthought
Crew

Beloved Aggressor

DocStunfisk

Omnipresent Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:57 pm
RP Partners: Quiftan and Alanna the Pirate Queen

Jack wondered where they were going; she hadn't expected Oliver to take such a shining to her. True, she had been rather wily, telling him all the things he had wanted to hear, but she hadn't thought him to be so naive. With an internal chuckle, she kept up with him as they wandered along, "Je like explorin' Oliver?"

Oliver gracefully pranced along the forest with his red hind tagging along. He had briefly wondered if she'd like his collection, but it didn't really matter what she thought. To impress her was not his goal. "Exploring? No. Not really." He answered honestly and simply, swaying his little tail as he walked. "Is that what you like to do?" Oliver would listen to her response with vague interest. Who really cared what she liked to do, anyway? An odd sound distracted the young buck from his destination. The source was laying abandoned in the meadow. "Do you see that? What is it?"

Jack simply sloshed through the underbrush, not spending energy keeping her footsteps silent. After all, who would attack her, the roughest, toughest pirate on four legs? She wasn't particularly surprised when Oliver said he didn't like adventures- he truly didn't seem the sort. "I lik' bein' oo I am, dat's all," Jack replied curtly and was about to continue when Oliver pointed out a strange sound. She paused and perked her ears, trying to hear what he was hearing when, after a few moments, the sound came again. "I... I don' know! Le's go check et out!" she whooped and scampered off with reckless abandon, pulling out her knife and clamping it between her teeth, in case the sound was coming from something dangerous. As she came upon the bundle on the ground, Jack visibly drooped, it didn't seem very dangerous or exciting...

Oliver shrugged, prancing after the pirate with all the nonchalance in the world. "So, what is it?" He peered at the wriggling basket from behind Jack, his delicate blond curls dangling over his face. It looked helpless and warm. A strange grin sprawled across Oliver's face. Small fuzzy warm things are the easiest and most thrilling prey targets.

Jack bent down to sniff at the mysterious basket when suddenly, the being inside moved! With a startled squeak, the little pirate fell over backwards, dropping her knife in the process. "Tis a monster! Or or a bein' from across da sea! My Pa told me dat dere was monsters 'cross the sea... ahaps we kin tame it! What do ye tink bout that Ol..." Jack trailed off as she turned to look at Oliver, noticing the strange expression on his face, "Oliver... wha's dat look fer?""

The young buck watched Jack, his attention torn between the attractive hind and the new little toy they just discovered. "What? Oh! I was just wondering what could be inside, that's all. What do you suppose we do with it?"

Jack frowned a little at Oliver's response- he had not had the look of someone who was pondering anything pleasant. However, within moments, she completely forgot about Oliver when the basket moved again. Dropping to the ground, Jack crawled toward the basket on her stomach, pausing inches away to blow a tuft of hair out of her eyes. Reaching forward, she poked the little bundle with her hoof, which consequently jumped and gave a small squeak. With a squeak and a jump of her own, Jack scrambled away and bounded behind Oliver, looking at the basket from behind him, "We shuld knock out w'aeva's in dere 'n tie et up some'ere. I always wanted ta tame me own beast!"

Oliver scoffed, inching closer to the basket as the hind continued spewing her nonsense. It's definitely not a monster, it was way too disgustingly pure. The young buck got close enough to nudge the squirming pile of blankets. Yep, just as he suspected. Warm and squishy. Oliver grasped the cloth in his teeth with the intention of tearing the blanket away... He was determined to reveal whatever was inside.

Jack chuckled as her own pseudo-excitement began to affect her. It seemed like the more she thought about all the possibilities for the bundle, the less she could control her enthusiasm. As Oliver began to near the basket, the pirate hind picked up her knife and followed slowly, ready to attack whatever monstrosity lay inside. Unable to contain herself as the anticipation rose, she cried, "Jist do et already!" and jumped forward. Unfortunately, she miscalculated the strength of that motion and went careening into Oliver with a dull, "Oof..." sending both of them sprawling...

"Argh!" Oliver's petite form buckled from the force of the hind's unintentional tackle. One delicate pink hoof struck the basket, sending it tumbling across the earth as the buck hit the ground with a loud thud.

The basket rolled off and Jack was left on top of poor Oliver. She wriggled off the handsome buck and began to nose him all over. "Oh neptune... ye a'ight dere buddy? Guess I got a bit carried away wit meself..." Jack said with a sigh as she calmed down, her embarrassment negating the impending sense of adventure and settling her nerves. She turned to look for what had become of the basket that was the source of all this turmoil, not particularly sure it was worth the trouble anymore...

Part 2

Oliver struggled to his hooves, silently cursing the hind for her clumsiness. "Beautiful and graceless. What a unique combination." He muttered to himself, looking to where the basket had fallen. Blankets and scraps of it were scattered over the grass, but there was still something squirming underneath the rubble. "Hmm.." The young buck crept closer, still determined to figure out what their mystery friend was.

"Whoa, d'ye see tha'? Et's de beast!" The doe scrambled to her hooves and barreled past Oliver in a blur of red. The mysterious creature would taste the wrath of her blade if she had anything to say for it. "Yaargh!" She hollered a premature victory as she tackled the squirming wreckage. "I'll tame ye, creature of de dark!"

Oliver nearly toppled over again as the excitable doe pushed past him. He simply rolled his eyes, watching the larger herla struggle with the pile of ruined basket. That's definitely not the way you hunt little squishy things. A movement caught Oliver's attention, and he flickered his ears until he could pinpoint the source. A strange looking purple rabbit had wiggled its way out of the blanket and bolted towards the nearest bush. Oliver instantly began stalking towards it, an innocent smile displayed on his face. "Where are you going, little guy? Come back..."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:09 pm
RP partners Tuatha De and Hopelessly Pretty

Seato had never been to the deeper parts of the forest before, but today he had managed to muster up enough courage to go exploring beyond the meadows. His ears constantly flicked with every step he took, the young hart resisting the strong urge to cower at even the slightest movement other than his own. "I've g-got to be brave." he mumbled softly. As soon as the words had come out, Seato spotted a basket laying next to the base of a tree. Daring himself to step closer and investigate the contents hidden beneath the blue blanket, he squeaked in a mixture of surprise and terror when something within moved.

Ixion bounded blithely through the forest, stopping on occasion to kick up his heels. It was spring, the sun was shining through the trees, the birds were singing... Yes, it was a wonderful day. And he was going monster-hunting! Because, as everyone knew, springtime was when all the monsters came out of hibernation. So in order to protect the Hartlands, the Herla court, and all the new fawns that came every year... Ixion was chasing nonexistent foes through the forest. Spotting a fellow Herla, he pronked over, curious to see if the other buck had spotted anything unusual. "Hello!" Oh, but... what was this? A basket, sitting on the forest floor. And it moved! "What is this? What an odd thing to leave in the middle of the woods."

"Hello!" Seato whirled around, heart pounding quickly in his chest as an unfamiliar herla greeted him. "...." He opened his mouth to do one of several things: scream, apologize, or beg not to be killed, but no sound escaped. With wide eyes he stared at Ixion, legs beginning to tremble as he looked over the larger male. "I... I.... I..." Seato was so distracted by Ixion's curved horn that he could hardly speak. He'd meant to say that he'd only found the basket a moment ago but fear was overwhelming him.

Ixion was entirely oblivious to the fact that his presence could be perceived as intimidating. He was a large Herla, true. Large even by the standards of mountain Herla... But his parents had been the same way, and some of his children had likewise inherited that trait. It just didn't mean anything to him. And his huge curved horn was more likely to be used for clearing out stubborn underbrush than attacking anyone. So he blinked in confusion at Seato's alarm. Then glanced behind him, in case a monster was sneaking up on him. A-ha! That must be it! "Don't move!" he told Seato in a hushed, conspiratorial whisper (which was nonetheless pretty loud for a whisper). "I think this basket might be...

...a trap."

A trap? Seato had no idea what the significance of the basket might be, but he was so frazzled he could still barely think straight. He'd thought he was alone in the forest up until this point, but clearly Ixion's sudden appearance had proved him to be wrong. Seato squeezed his eyes shut and dug his hooves into the dirt trying to calm his nerves and shaking legs. After staying quiet for a few seconds and taking some deep breaths he kept his eyes closed but managed to speak in a comprehensible manner. "I didn't see anyone leave it, so I don't know where it came from."

Ixion froze, every muscle completely still. And held position like that for a good fifteen seconds or so. Wait for it... Wait for it... Waaaait for it... "Okay," he said at last. "Not a trap. We're good." Monsters were notoriously impatient things. If one was lurking and waiting to eat unsuspecting Herla who came upon the basket-bait, it would have jumped out at them by now. Lowering his head, Ixion snuffled at the curious object. "Maybe it's a fawn? Maybe it was left here because its parents couldn't find a proper thicket."

Seato had no idea why they were waiting, but his tense muscles seemed to relax when Ixion said they didn't have anything to be scared of. He opened one eye, peeking to watch the other hart sniff at the basket. Swallowing hard, Seato tried to keep his voice steady now that the comfort of blindness was gone. "Wh-What should we do with it?"

"Hmmm." Ixion looked thoughtful. "Well... Whatever's inside, it's clearly alive." Or at least, it moved around every so often, which meant probably an alive thing, at least in Ixion's experience. "And I don't think it's dangerous... Which means it's defenseless, all alone out here in the deep woods!" He lifted his head again, looking at Seato and nodding very seriously. "I think we should guard it until someone comes back for it."

Unsure of whether or not he should stay, Seato's ears lowered. He'd been telling himself that he had wanted to stop being so afraid of everything for months now and this was his first opportunity to do something exciting, while also potentially making a new friend. He looked down at the basket and realized that Ixion was right. Whatever was inside the basket was defenseless, and if no one looked after it something might come along and gobble the little thing up. "I've never um, fought anything before but I-I'll do my best!"

Hopelessly Pretty

Feral Lover

The Moshmonster

Timid Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:11 pm
RP Partners: Falen and Marzi

Arrex trotted along happily, he was off to see his beloved Raven today! His body shivered with excitement as he continued into the brush where she was most often found. He smiled and turned around the small clearing, "Raven~! Where are you, Raven?" he paused his movements to listen for any sign of his darling abomination. An odd pair they were, no question of it. He loved it though.

Raven was lingering in the underbrush, examining quite a strange thing indeed. It was a woven basket with a blue blanketed bundle and the most darling little yellow bow knotted on the handle. She was just staring at it with wide eyes. Still, she thought nothing of it. It didn't seem of importance. At the call of her name she tore her attention away from the basket and faced the fields before recognizing that it was Arrex. Her beloved Arrex. Such a sweet hearted male who gave her quite a good amount of attention. Such a good friend he was. She wandered out in the opening for him to spot her and waved her good wing at him, flagging him down. Perhaps he would know what this strange object she found was.

Arrex caught sight of the wing and pronked forwards, a goofy grin on his face. "There you are," he cooed and worked his way through the tangles of shrub and root to reach her. "I've missed you, Ray," he murmed into her ear as he nuzzled her affectionately. "Have you been well?" He caught himself staring at her for what seemed like the millionth time, it wasn't a stare of horror, fear, or revulsion but a stare of adoration, caring, and love.

Raven watched, giving a gargling giggle as she watched him pronking over. He was quite a fool but at least he was her fool, right? Her one good friend. The one friend who she could feel 'normal' around. As the buck reached her and explained how she was missed she felt her heart do a little flip and she smiled, or at least he should be able to tell she was happy by her eyes. Her lack of jaw defeated the attempt of smiling. The doe leaned forward and nuzzled against him softly, getting a bit of blood on his pelt but at least he should know she missed him as well. When she asked was questioned she shrugged the best a dear could and nodded. She was so thankful for his yes or no questions. They were a lot easier to answer. She wrapped her broken tail around his and tugged lightly in a 'follow me' sort of way before leading him a little further into the bushes before coming to a stray basket. The one she had been eying earlier. She glanced back at him to see what his reaction might be.  
Past Events

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games