Welcome to Gaia! ::

FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Back to Guilds

The best final fantasy guild on gaia; covering for ALL of your Final Fantasy needs! 

Tags: final fantasy, kingdom hearts, square enix, gaming, forever 

Reply Roleplay/Fanfictions
Snippets of a roleplay I did with Marlene

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lxl Tifa Lockheart lxl

5,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:54 pm
…tick-tick-tick-tick…

The sound of the mechanics working deep within the clock hanging on the far wall of the otherwise vacant barroom echoed inside her head sorely reminding her they wouldn’t make it on time. Not now… not even if the two walked out the door right in that very second. Tifa stirred in the seat she’d randomly selected from the eatery section of 7th Heaven casting another glance in the direction of the aggravating noise to take in a mental note of the time.

“Hurry up! We’re running late!”, she called out over her shoulder towards the mouth of steps leading up into the living quarters of her home. A muffled sound of the youngest member of her family retorted back from the second floor, “I’m trying!”

With a sigh, Tifa shook her head a moment wondering if all parents went through this with their children. There was a time she remembered just how excited Marlene would have been to show up at a birthday celebration. In fact, she would have made it a point to show up early. The reluctance of the young girls desire to become a social figure seemed to grow increasingly which unnerved Tifa. Being left with only her thoughts to entertain her, Tifa analyzed the subject even further.

Sure, she supposed she could place some blame on the man that’d promised the girl so much. Hell, he had a lot of unkempt promises lately. But most importantly, his broken promise to be a permanent figure in both their adopted children’s lives stung deeper than his abashed desire to share his inner most thoughts with his closest friend….

Friend…

…was that even an accurate assumption of their relationship anymore? Friends would at least confide in each other. Or better yet, they would call just because…no, a friend isn’t what she would consider their current status to be at all. But then what would she classify him as? Flustered, her thoughts delved deeper in thought soon finding herself verbally insulting a man that was nowhere to be seen.

Just how long has it been since he last stepped foot inside the door anyway? Sure Cloud, go ahead and waltz in here at all hours of the night, take what you need! And don’t come upstairs to acknowledge the people who miss you like mad. Oh, it’s fine. No need to worry. I have it all handled…yep. I’m super Tifa! I- I ..don’t need you moping around us, causing even more reprehensible damage to Marlene! To hell with all of us right? Right!? There is no us in your eyes…is there?

A warmth enveloped her face as she carried out the argument in her mind. She knew deep down she’d never utter any of these thoughts aloud. No, she would greet him as she has always done in the past. With a gentle smile, and a open heart. In truth there was no one else she‘d rather wait for than him. Even if it took her entire lifespan, Tifa would wait. Maybe to some it seemed a bit much, seriously… most women in her circumstance would have given up long by now and moved on to someone that’d at least show some regards of affection back. But Tifa wasn’t like ‘most’ women. No, she was as loyal as they come. A devoted bar hostess, a devoted mother… and a devoted lover, even if it was one sided. Tifa would save herself for the man that’s held her affections for as long as she could possibly remember…but it didn’t mean he didn’t get on her ever last living nerve

And if that didn’t get her blood boiling enough, it seems that Marlene has now taken on some of his more undesirable traits. But then again it could be that time in her life, like everyone, she’s trying to find her place in society. Tifa needn’t remind herself that Marlene was teetering on the fine line between childhood and the ever so awkward pre-teenage stage of life. If they all lived to see another winter, Marlene would soon come face to face with the twelfth anniversary of her own birth. Tifa’s brows furrowed deeper in thought. Has it really been eight years since she was introduced to the child that’d been adopted by one of her dearest friends, Barret Wallace…her mind wandered further thinking about how he would handle this sudden change in his daughter’s attitude towards life. Then again, knowing Barret, he wouldn’t hold back. No, he most defiantly wouldn’t hold his tongue around Cloud. She could only imagine how infuriated he would be if he knew how ‘Spike’ has left them to fend for themselves. To Barret, that’s no way to live. In fact, she bet he’d have some rather nasty words for their appointed leader.

But like most issues, Tifa kept her private life well hidden from her friends. To everyone else, she put on a bright face and acted as if all was well within her home and family. A lie she’d been living for so long, she nearly believed it herself…

The sudden presence of another figure in the room quickly brought Tifa out of her thoughts and back into reality. Looking off to the left of her shoulder, she spotted the auburn haired girl glowering back at her with obvious distain etched in her features. Her entire body shifted uncomfortably under the watchful gaze of her guardian. Tifa stood and slowly approached her taking in various details of the costume she’d personally sewn together by hand.

“Is it too tight?”

“No! It itches though!”, Marlene barked back as she swung her head around to meet Tifa’s face. “I changed my mind, I don’t wanna go”

Tifa stopped fidgeting with one end of the princess costume and allowed the glittering hem slip out of her fingers to address her properly, she straightened her posture “Marlene…it’s not going to be but two hours, if you cou-…”

“I don’t care! I don’t wanna go! I look retarded!” her voice rang back in a distressful plea.

Tifa stood for a moment more locked in a stalemate with the girl. It crossed her mind to remind Marlene just how tight funds were but that’d bring him back into the conversation and talking about Cloud seemed to make matters even worse for Marlene. However, Tifa felt obligated to her friends living right at the edge of Edge. Like 7th Heaven, the owner had sought a similar approach to bring in money by opening up a small establishment serving the occupants of Midgar with whatever products they could acquire. Sure, it wasn’t what you called great food, but Johnny didn’t let that deteriorate his motive to make it work. Still, little more than a glorified shack, he kept his business up and running without so much as a hiccup.

But how does one explain such to a young mind? The economy had been so-so following the end of yet another war, and with it the increase in imported goods, a strain for materials was soon placed on everyone.

Dropping her head, Tifa studied the floorboards taking in the worn textures of wood while attempting to collect the words to retort to Marlene. Seconds past by as the silence in the began to grow thick

…tick-tick…

...aside from that infernal clock!

Her head snapped upright to give the clocks face a hard look as if to somehow tell that bucket of bolts just how annoyed she was with its constant reminder of their tardiness when her eyes picked up on movement outside the glassed store front of the bar. Marlene’s defensive stance loosened up once she’d realized that Tifa’s attention was averted to something outside. Curious as to what, she cautiously fell into step behind Tifa as the two took a closer look outside.

“wha..what was it? What did you see?”, Marlene asked as a sudden feel of dread pooled within her small stomach. She knew Tifa wouldn’t have let this argument be won so easily. She knew full well Tifa wouldn’t drop it so suddenly for just anything. No, whatever she saw, or thought she saw,… it couldn’t be good. Not good at all.

==========

Tifa kept a trained eye to the sidewalk & street outside the tavern’s windows while Marlene’s inquisitions on what she’d seen were left unanswered. Flustered, Marlene turned her attention to another window pulling herself across the length of one of the booths seating coming to an abrupt stop next to the paneled wall. Leaning in as much as she dared, Marlene peered out into the vast area to where Tifa was obviously so taken back from.

..nothing

Nothing at all…

Then what was such a big deal anyways!? …humph , grownups. They could be quite confusing sometimes. She frowned inwardly while turning a questionable glance back to the woman poised and alert, “Tifa?…” she inquired once more attempting to get some response from the dark haired woman.

===========

Indeed, there was nothing…

And nothing was exactly what was wrong. Although Edge was a third of Midgar, it’s population over the past few years more than made up for the handicaps it suffered from four years earlier. With the boom of activity increasing, one would only assume the streets would be filled with various patrons going about their daily tasks. But to look out and see nothing…

Without breaking her stance, she addressed the young girl that had called her out by name a few moments ago, “Marlene, listen to me.”, shifting slightly, Tifa shot a quick glance in the child’s direction making eye contact for a few seconds before returning her sight to scan the area once again for any immediate danger, “Go to your room…”

“But!”, Marlene began to stop her and Tifa squared her shoulders as she turned to face the girl fully. With a stern tone, she addressed her once more, “Go to your room. Lock the door. Don’t let anyone in unless it’s me or Cloud or someone you know you can trust. Understand?”

===============

There was something in the older woman’s tone that sent a chill up her spine. Sure, she wasn’t a stranger to being in the midst of a dangerous situation but Marlene wasn’t the one to go out looking for it either. Pushing herself back from the plate-glass window, she sat with her legs folded under her. She stared in question to her adopted mother wanting so badly to have the answers she was eager to ask but they remained unspoken for the time being. Giving Tifa a curt nod, she turned and slipped out of the booth to pause a second time.

“…will you…”, Marlene could feel the anxiety building with each breath as she desperately tried to suppress the unwanted emotion, “be okay?..”

==============

Backing out from the booth, Tifa turned her attention down to the girl awaiting an answer. Tifa paused in her actions to take in the small framed girl.

…even with a new threat, she’s holding her own

Humph, maybe taking after Cloud wasn’t so bad after all…

Although the two seemed to have their faults, there has been an unspoken bond between Marlene and Cloud that Tifa never really could comprehend. The few times he was home, Cloud would allow Marlene to welcome him in a loving embrace, such an act Tifa dared not attempt herself. But for whatever reason there was, Marlene had connected with Cloud. A connection that very few have ever tried & succeeded.

Acknowledging her, Tifa replied in all sincerity, “ I’ll be fine, don’t worry. Cloud won’t let anything happen to us”

Upon hearing his name, the girls demeanor changed almost immediately. And before Tifa could truly react, she was assaulted in a deep bear hug.

…if only all attacks were this harmless

Tifa staggered slightly as her arms came up to surround the girls shoulders to return the kind gesture. The moment between mother and daughter was short lived as Tifa whispered down to her, “I have to go now.”

==========

Feeling a bit reluctant Marlene slowly allowed her grip to loosen itself slightly, as Tifa placed a quick kiss to the crown of her head before she released her fully. She stepped back looking up at the woman she’d come to love and respect as a mentor and a mother standing tall and proud. The emotions building deep within her was more than she could bare. Against her will, she felt the warm stinging of tears as she sucked in a short breath and keeping them at bay, she turned away. Without a word of farewell, Marlene sprinted away from her and ran up the stairs to get as far away from the unknown threat as possible

=================================================

A/N - This was wrote to a dying story late last year. I was sad to learn that the other mods would not be joining in and the board itself took a dramatic hit in actvity. But that's just a little bit of what I had still stored. Not sure if it's good or not, but it is something I rather liked and kept for whatever odd reason. If there is one thing I am decent at, it's playing a motherly role to both Marlene and Denzel. But where I have that strength, I lack it in fighting xd Pratice makes perfect I hear.... maybe I'll jump in with you guys on a storyline here. If you'd like to start one up with me, feel free to speak up. I'd love to try my hand at rping outside of the proboars i've grown so accustom to.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:05 pm
So boring!

Though the title was kinky... Entierly misleading.  

metal_blossom

lxl Tifa Lockheart lxl

5,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:09 pm
metal_blossom
So boring!

Though the title was kinky... Entierly misleading.

Ah well, thank you for your honesty at least. I personally liked where the idea was heading but to each their own. Sure, it lacks fighting, romance and over all bloodshed. But you also need to consider this was the start of a storyline too. The fight hadn’t started at that point. Merely building up to it.  
Roleplay/Fanfictions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games