Hello Everyone,

The following is a general guidline for posts in this guilds RPG's and an example of a post. Of course you can go to any of our RPG's in the "Role Playing Games Home" sub Forum and check out actual posts in the guild's RPG topics.

Here are some guidelines for a general post. It worked pretty good for other RPG's that I have been in. Using the Metric system in posts is just fine. I will allow both the Metric system and the "English" system (Inches, miles, etc) of measurements. Please have the main body of the post at least 150 words in length.

If you use a different posting method please let know and give me an example. Based on the example I will either approve it or ask that it be modified so that it works with the posting method that I have below.

Typical Post:

1. Character Name

2. Title of Post (Including Post number)

Example - Post #56 Going to Dinner

Please look at and read the posts that were done after yours before doing another one and make note of the time, date, and post number. I wish to avoid confusion over what the next post # will be.

I will keep track of how many posts are done per person. Also I will post a monthly report that will include monthly statistics, how many posts per member in each RPG, and note the following: Best General Post, Highest member number of posts, Best Character Post, and Funniest Post.

3. Date & Time of Post (Not real life date, but instead the current date & time of the post in the RPG. This Creates a reference for other members to relate to in their posts.)

4. Location (Current Location in RPG World)

5. OCC (Out of Character comment about the post or something in real life that you need to tell everyone. Please keep the personal life OCC's to a minimum. Anything of a personal nature like taking a leave of action please send me a personal message instead.) OCC's are optional

Example: OCC - Please note that I'm also posting for James

6. Tag (Indicate which character(s) that you want to have a reply from, Depends if you want or need interaction with another character. If a lot of interaction is needed a joint post can be done. More about that later) Taging is optional

7. Main Body of Post (Actions, talking to other characters, etc)

A. Off: (In the beginning of the Body of the Post) you can indicate here any special notes that you want to reference. Similar to a OCC but limited to references about your post.

Example -
Off:

I will be posting for Character James Tramer (NPC Character).

Note: I will either create NPC Characters or allow other members to create NPC (Non Member Characters). Unless specifically mentioned by the creator of the NPC Character, anybody can post with one.

B. On: (Indicating the beginning of the main body of your Post)

Example:

On:

James and I were walking to the mall. ......

C. Snippet - Use within the main body of the post (Indicating that you are quoting part of someone elses post. A snippet can remind the members of a certain action of another members character. Especially useful if responding to a Tag. Also useful if their are a lot of posts in-between the one you are referencing to and your new post. Snippets can indicate that your character is thinking about something specific that happened with another character in a previous post.)

Note: I prefer this notation method of quotes in an RPG post over the Gaian quote system. Of course using the normal Gaian quote method in regular topics is just fine.
Example -

(Snippet)

Barney walks over to the fountain and jumps into it to cool off in the water.

(End Snippet)

8. Off: (Use to indicate the end of the main body of your post) Similar to 7A above.

If you have any questions feel free to post them in the Guild's question topic or send me a message.

Sincerely,
Smithers456 Guild Captain