Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jsky_high

6,650 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:40 am
Well i am new on playing piano so can anyone tell me any easy pieces on piano..?  
Ish Jibber generated a random number between 1 and 33 ... 32!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:23 pm
Woah... Four months later... Uhh, I suggest Canon in D, Pirates of the Caribbean (have a piano teacher modify it), March Militare, Jingle Bells, all those easy Christmas songs, Star Wars Theme Song, and etc. I would name of more but I don't wanna bore you. XD  

Ish Jibber

6,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100

Kea of doom

Beloved Friend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:39 am
Yeah, this is pretty old so I don't know if you still need advice... and it does depend on what you're looking for and exactly how much of a beginner you are.

Some of the little pieces in Bach's notebook for Anna Magdalena are a good start for beginners. Also the first book of Bartók's Mikrokosmos. Clementi sonatinas are good although those are a little harder - like maybe late beginner/early intermediate level. Maybe something to work up to if you're not there, yet. The first movement of Beethoven's Moonlight sonata is also popular and pretty easy. Also the C major prelude from Bach WTC 1.

Best bet, though, is to either work through your appropriate level of method book (Faber and Bastien are popular choices - maybe older beginner is a good start?) and the accompanying performance books. If you are beyond that, there are usually good compilation books of easy classics arrangements and stuff like that.

Oh, also look for arrangements of either the Entertainer or Maple Leaf Rag if you're looking for a popular starter to ragtime. Although the original (non-arranged) versions are pretty challenging, there are lots of arrangements available for more beginner-level students.

Classical Musicians Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games