Submit

Miss Marinara Sauce

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:00 pm
So, what did you guys think of this week's episode?

Personally, I loved it! The concept behind it was so good! Except for the Rory killing... THIS MUST STOP!!! scream But I'm not gonna lie, that scene with him and Amy getting lost in the TARDIS was freaky!

And then there's "The only water in the forest is the river..." What do you make of that?  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:42 pm
i LOVED this episode! I laughed so much and cried a bit too, and for the first time ever I was scared...genuinely scared, like "hide my face behind my blanket" kind of scared...It was just so dark and warped [but what else would you expect from Neil Gaiman!?]...This episode shot way up, definitely in my Top 10 favorite DW episodes of all time. It was funny, scary, silly...and Three Console rooms in one! LOL

On top of all that, I felt pretty damn smug...I'm really not into "shipping", but I've always been firm in my belief that The Doctor's true love was the TARDIS, the ultimate OTP...and now there's no denying it!

I loved "the only water in the forest is the river"...which forest is that referencing though? River has been in two forests with the Doctor...and I saw pictures from filming that show another forest/jungle/plants...could be a reminder, a warning or even a foreshadowing.

edit: oh, addition...the only thing i didn't like, was when he mentioned the other Time Lord changing genders. I'm fine with Time Lords changing their height, weight, the color of their hair/skin/eyes/etc, change whatever they like...but I think their gender should remain a constant. And now I anticipate an explosion of gender-bending fanfics [as if they weren't already out there, but now they'll have "validation".]

Maeko-Hana

Lord Shadow IX

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:50 pm
Miss Marinara Sauce
So, what did you guys think of this week's episode?

Personally, I loved it! The concept behind it was so good! Except for the Rory killing... THIS MUST STOP!!! scream But I'm not gonna lie, that scene with him and Amy getting lost in the TARDIS was freaky!

And then there's "The only water in the forest is the river..." What do you make of that?

Pretty good.

I think this will continue to happen to KennyRory

River Song?  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:56 pm
This is a great episode. It is just a shame that all we saw of the TARDIS was its corridors, that was a major let down. GIVE US ONE OF THEIR BEDROOMS, THE LIBRARY/SWIMMING POOL, OR EVEN THE WARDROBE!(I know we have seen the wardrobe before, but again can't hurt).
The episode was fairly flawless, although when I saw the old Rory, all grey and wrinkly, I thought "He woulda been dead already, there is no food there for him to eat, DUH!"....... actually, the kitchen woulda been nice to see.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed the episode (Despite my ranting..... I wonder if there is a career in ranting).

A must watch for the Eleventh Doctor Episodes.

As for notable mentions, we saw all up 3 Consoles in one episode(5 if you count the one made from 3 different Consoles) But fun, and it is good to know the TARDIS is as bonkers as the Doctor is.(Loved their arguement)  

Ricwulf

Bassoon Ninja

5,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:02 pm
"Hello, I'm Sexy."

Sexy the TARDIS is now my favorite character. Just saying.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:10 am
Lord Shadow IX
I think this will continue to happen to KennyRory

*snickers*  

Miss Marinara Sauce

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200

SaphiraStar

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:12 am
This was a very fun and creepy episode. I hope we're not goinng to start referring to the Tardis as "Sexy" now. The Rory killing is getting old. Eventually Amy will become desensitized to it and just think "oh Rory's dead. It must be tuesday."
House was thoroughly creepy and sent chills down my spine. The Tardis was completely fun to watch and it was nice to see the old console room again.  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:50 pm
This was one of the best episodes with 11 so far. the TARDIS thinking her name was Sexy was amusing, But I agree the killing of Rory must stop. I might have forgotten to watch a few times but I have this nagging thought maybe they wont kill Rory this week or Rory will die, and not come back so I continue to watch.  

NatsumenoKage

Codebreaking Dragon

20,125 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Festive Eye 50

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:15 am
I adored this episode. The TARDIS in human form looked a little like Helena Bonham Carter, but she's just so delightfully mad like the Doctor.
House was rather creepy indeed...and I loved seing the old console room...the corridors looked almost like the vintage ones did...and those scenes when House is messing with Amy and Rory's heads I found very creepy as well.  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:51 pm
I absolutely loved it! Rory's the pretty one whee
And apparently Suranne (Idris/TARDIS/Sexy) played the Mona Lisa in SJA and acted alongside David Tennant in Single Father. She was part of the Doctor Who community before she even starred in this episode!

Reilas

Dapper Darling

Jettrick

Aged Noob

2,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:37 pm
Best episode so far by a country mile, and one of my new favourite Whos ever. Hugely entertaining, even if the Amy/Rory TARDIS chase smacked a little of the old random seventies' ad hoc plot device syndrome.

Idris was wonderful, but even she couldn't quite steal the spotlight from Uncle, who had maybe five lines total in the whole thing but stole every damn scene he was in, if you ask me.

This *is* the new season's Amy's Choice, and the first episode I've instantly watched back again the next day purely for the sheer personal indulgence. It's not perfect, by any stretch of the imagination, but it'll definitely do me :3  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:15 pm
All I can think about when it comes to the "The only water in the forest is the river..." is it being a reference back to the "Forest of the dead" episode.
Where he saw River for his first time, and she saw him for the last.
That's the only thing I could honestly come up with.
It's all a bit confusing, I suppose that mystery will unravel somewhere along the line.

In regards to the episode as a whole?
It was beautiful.
There's just something magical about the Doctor/TARDIS relationship.

I don't see them as a couple romantically.
She's kinda his life companion, his best friend and home.  

Naterbee

Fashionable Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100

The_Original_River_Song

Versatile Genius

6,100 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:37 am
Naterbee
All I can think about when it comes to the "The only water in the forest is the river..." is it being a reference back to the "Forest of the dead" episode.
Where he saw River for his first time, and she saw him for the last.
That's the only thing I could honestly come up with.
It's all a bit confusing, I suppose that mystery will unravel somewhere along the line.

In regards to the episode as a whole?
It was beautiful.
There's just something magical about the Doctor/TARDIS relationship.

I don't see them as a couple romantically.
She's kinda his life companion, his best friend and home.

I agree with you 100% on the Doctor/TARDIS relationship as just friends but best friends at that. I still somehow believe the Doctor and Amy will have something, and Rory will trully die one of these days. Plus with those scans the Doctor secetly did on her a couple episodes back where it said Negetive and Positive...I think she is pregnant, only it goes back and forth like that because it's not 100% human it's 50/50. The other half being Time Lord. How did I come up with this you ask? A fair amount of episodes last season that left on cliff hanger notes that never finished writing out with the Doctor and Amy's relationship on the line, plus the fact that the first person she told when she did think she was, was the Doctor. So there! Any questions? No, good. Moving on!  
The Doctor Who Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games