Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:12 am
oh my GOD HOW DARE THEY  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:42 am
I understand why the guy was upset, but those show hosts are really ignorant. I wish people who knew nothing about video games wouldn't talk about them on TV. STOP TAKING THINGS OUT OF CONTEXT! HOW ON EARTH IS PORTAL 2 EDUCATIONAL? WHY DID YOU CONTACT SONY? NO, YOU SHOULD HAVE CONTACTED VALVE IN THE FIRST PLACE, SONY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT! gonk  

Super Cheesio

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:42 am
That newscast offended me.
I like how they show the least offensive clip of an adoption joke, where Wheatley sounds like an idiot for saying it.
So called "journalists" need to get there s**t straight. Nowhere on this game does it claim to be educational; And they contacted Sony? "Passing the buck?" Are you people retarded? Sony doesn't even distribute the game like they claimed, and they definitely have nothing to do with the jokes in it.

I don't get why people are so touchy about adoption. If you were raised by wolves I would understand your bitterness, but seriously, whoever raises you is your parent as far as I'm concerned.  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:37 pm
This is, by far, the stupidest, most pointless, rage inducing piece of s**t that has ever happened. This game is not offensive in the least when you think about it. GlaDos is an A.I. who is insulting the player and is trying to make the protagonist feel like crap. She is the main villan, and is just trying to demoralize Chell. How is that supposed to be offensive?  

KeyBlader1

Thieving Rogue

16,140 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:05 pm
I can see an adopted child with abandonment issues having a hard time with a game directly making fun of them for being adopted, but his issue was with the fact that their family was waiting until she was ready to talk about how she was adopted to bring it up. If anything, it gave them a ******** reason to talk about how she is Chinese and they are obviously not. God forbid you have to talk to your children.

Another thing: Wheatley is the villain. (Spoilers.) Villains in everything say assholish things. That's what makes them good villains. Even better, GlaDOS stands up for you for being adopted, asking "And what is wrong with being adopted?" Wheatley is dumbfounded, and unable to say anything.

Eat s**t.  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:26 pm
Actually, GlaDOS later says "For the record, you are adopted, and that's terrible, but just play along," so she's not really defending Chell for anything other than to confuse Wheatley. I thought the whole point of the insults was that they were juvenile. You also constantly get called fat in the game, despite the main character obviously being a healthy weight. Are we going to say the game oppresses women too? No, because that would be ******** stupid (like this news story).  

Waynebrizzle

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:08 pm
It makes me laugh that there are people this stupid in the world... and in media no less.  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:40 am
now some news casters say that the game might be offensive for its rating, now i'm no sociologist but coming from a bunch of slanderous a-holes wouldn't know offensive if it walked up behind them and snapped their little pink bras, that sounds like projection. they didn't fly into space, storm a beach, or bring back the gold NO SIR we did! its me and you against the world guys you got grit!  

Xilo The Odd

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 1:53 pm
More media bullshit: http://uk.kotaku.com/5804296/fox-news-debate-of-federal-funding-for-games-goes-about-like-youd-expect  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:32 am
Wait.
People in the MEDIA are ignorant about video games?!
Noooo.  

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:57 pm
makes you wonder about OTHER subjects they talk about and think they know everything eh?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:56 am
Back in my day, we made fun of orphans all the time. It put hair on your chest.

Seriously, Wheatley is the BAD guy (and the biggest moron to ever live). And it was so obvious that the joke was that he was crap at giving insults. Honestly.

Also, if the kid saw this clip on the tv, that would kind of make the whole "hope she didn't hear it" thing kind of moot. Considering that a 10 second clip was now stretched into a 3 minute discussion.  

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:42 pm
Lol.
Indirect jokes offend people?
We should all find Mortal Kombat offensive as well because it feels like every 30 seconds Shao Khan tells you that you suck.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGgzAxbCICE  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:20 pm
Deathgod of Legend
Lol.
We should all find Mortal Kombat offensive as well because it feels like every 30 seconds Shao Khan tells you that you suck.
]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGgzAxbCICE
for all we know they could be targeting prostitutes and homosexuals and BABIES!  

Xilo The Odd

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:08 pm
Xilo The Odd
Deathgod of Legend
Lol.
]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGgzAxbCICE
for all we know they could be targeting prostitutes and homosexuals and BABIES!
And babies.
Damn.  
Social Room

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas