Reply The Doctor Who Guild
The Rebel Flesh

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SaphiraStar

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:44 pm
Ah yes. Time again to offer up our opinions on the latest adventures of our favorite cosmic joyrider. And what did we all think of the Rebel Flesh?

So far, I'm pretty unimpressed. Not the most original story by any means. The Doctor Ganger was predictable. Stinking mysterious eye-patch only-see-her-through-a-slit lady didn't even say anything this time (the jerk). And I couldn't care less about what's her face cattle-prod lady.

Now to the good stuff and the speculations: Rory didn't die yet, so i suppose that's something. Actually, Rory was my favorite person this episode. I share my first name with one/two? of the characters but that's irrelevant. It was funny how the doctor kept having to ask where everything was. okay speculation+questions: what's up with the sneezing guy? And is the whole universe playing interstellar midwife with Amy? eye-patch lady says she's doing fine (or something like that) and the Doctor is telling her to breathe.
hmm. that whole post is full of disjointed sentences much like this one.  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 8:09 pm
For some reason I read the title as The Rebel Flash.

I haven't actually seen the episode yet, but will post when I have.  

Lord Shadow IX

Kalzonie

Sparkly Seeker

8,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 8:38 pm
I agree I really enjoyed Rory's character in this one.  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:31 pm
Rory is finely getting a individual personality. Also, I think the flesh looks a lot like Odo from DS9. So every time that one came on screen I broke out in laughter. All in all the episode has potential so lets see what next week brings.  

NatsumenoKage

Codebreaking Dragon

20,125 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Festive Eye 50

SaphiraStar

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:13 pm
and is anyone else getting a sort of sontaran vibe here?  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:28 am
It was interesting, but confusing. Hate that we have to wait two weeks here in the states to see Part Two. The gangers look creepy. I laughed when a big pile of "flesh" plopped in the sink when Jennifer got sick. It reminded me of Ooblek [a cornstarch/water mixture I used to play with as a kid]

Loved Rory in this episode! Especially when he said "Yeeaahhh, she is", he said "Yeah" that same way at the end of Big Bang [when The Doctor called him Mr. Pond]

Flesh Doctor was predictable, but I'm super curious how that's all going to work out.

Also, YES! those acid suits look SO Sontaran.  

Maeko-Hana

Miss Marinara Sauce

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:05 pm
I actually quite liked the episode. Wasn't my favorite by any means, but I thought it was good as a setup for the second half. I LOVED Rory in this; it's nice that he's getting to be his own character, as opposed to an extension of Amy's. And, yeah, OF COURSE the Doctor would have to get cloned, but I really hope they go an interesting route with that.

As nice as it would be, I think it would be WAY to simple for the Ganger Doctor to be the one killed in "The Impossible Astronaut." Nowhere near wibbley-wobbley timey-wimey enough for my (or Moffat's) tastes. Besides, Canton said that Doctor was most definitely not a clone. They're probably just offering up false hope with this little plot twist. Then again, remember rule #1: The Doctor lies.

And I'm betting there's something up with the sneezing guy that will be addressed in the second part. Also, did anyone else notice that Jimmy's (I think that was his name-- the Scottish guy with the white-ish hair) Ganger wasn't wearing the ring on the necklace that was around real Jimmy's neck? I thought the Flesh was supposed to be able to copy clothes, too? Or maybe it can't copy whatever the ring is made of... I dunno, it could be important. sweatdrop

Also, I loved that the TARDIS crew was listening to Muse in the beginning. cool  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:23 pm
I'm curious about the sneezing guy too...and I noticed that about the ring as well, but thought maybe it was there for our benefit to tell the two apart...but probably not...hhmmm...very curious now!  

Maeko-Hana

SaphiraStar

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:33 pm
why the heck does the mainland need super-duper-eat-through-your-face acid anyway?  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:11 am
Howdy peoples.

I really liked this episode. It was good, and I have two ideas on what the Flesh is, as the Doctor said it was early technology(meaning it leads to some other technology). The first, which my friend came up with, is that it is/will be the nestine conscienceness. The second, which I think is more possible, is that it is the early version of The Flesh/New Humans(From New Earth from season 2). This seems alot more plausible, but we will have to wait and find out.

And it looks like Rory hasn't died yet, but if he dies in the next episode, he will have died in all adventures of the sixth season to date.

I also hope that we find out what the acid is for too, if it is just to make it as a story device, that would be lame. WE NEED AN EXPLANATION!

Favourite lines:
Jennifer: I thought I was gonna die!
Rory: Welcome to my world.

Doctor: Has anyone got any shoes; size ten.

And I think that is all I have to say about it.  

Ricwulf

Jettrick

Aged Noob

2,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:27 pm
Lord Shadow IX
For some reason I read the title as The Rebel Flash.

Isn't that what it's supposed to be a play on?

Hilariously. I first read it as 'The Rebel Fish' on the BBC website.

Anyways, I'm surprised nobody has made more of the HUMAN BEING GRAPHICALLY DISSOLVED IN AN ACID BATH even before the epidsode had started.

Isn't this exactly the sort of thing that nearly got Who punted off the air in the eighties? How times have changed :/

Oh, and just to be contrary I thought Rory was rubbish in the ep. Considering how such a big deal is made of his abject, slavish devotion to his wife it *really* doesn't seem right at all for him to be running around hand-holding and heroically charging after other women. Even if he was/wasn't a sympathetic lump of plastic at some point in his life.  
The Doctor Who Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games