Pain And Braces

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Megan LaVey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:02 pm

All righty, so I have two questions.

1. I have braces and I was wondering if It would be okay to get my lip pierced or if I should wait until I get my braces off.

2. I'm a bit of a p***y when it comes to pain, so I was wondering if getting your septum pierced hurts more or less than getting your nostril pierced?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:51 pm
I can't say for the braces. But I've been told by some one with the tip of his septum pierced that I have more balls them him for wanting to get my cartluge of my spetum done, so I guess that one hurts a good bit.  

Eclipse Twilight

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:12 pm
well i know that orthodontists/dentists DETEST any oral peircings or lip. i say wait. you wouldn't want the piercing rubbing against your metal either xp  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:00 am
I thought they pierced the fleshy bit under the cartiledge part of your septum? Maybe I read a wrong article so I could be wrong but eh.

You know I would wait to get my braces off before going to get my lip pierced. I can't stop thinking about how it could get caught between the wires. Plus may be annoying rubbing agaist the wires of the braces.  

Das Ist Mein Hamburger

Zombina Corpse
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:49 am
Your ortho and dentist will both flip, but do what you want to do. I have a friend who's had her lip pierced several times with braces and haven't heard her complain.
I didn't have my lip pierced during the time I had braces, but I would assume that a ring would slide against the metal of them and maybe wear them down? No idea. Consult your piercer.

As far as piercing pain, if you can handle the tightening of your braces, you can handle a second or two of a needle in your lip. rolleyes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:02 pm
Imagine...

You're kinda turned on, and to impress this really cute guy, you lick your lips with your tongue, pressing your bottom lip top down a little....
Right as you put your tongue back in...you feel your underlip is stuck to your brace...

How sexy

Fatal Fudge

6,250 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Megan LaVey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:44 pm
Alrighty, thanks everyone.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:16 pm
Everything I've read says braces+lip piercing=bad idea. I had braces, and with the amount of crap they do to your teeth, it's really not worth trying to heal a lip piercing at the same time. I couldn't imagine the discomfort of a lip piercing while your lips are completely stretched by those plastic things. Man am I glad those braces are gone. I would think that the braces could end up scratching the ring causing irritation in the piercing.

Another thing you should be considering with a oral piercings are your "new teeth" so to speak. I mean you are paying a lot to get your teeth fixed, whether it was your idea or not. There's a chance of tooth drift from lip piercings, so one could end up ruining that pricey smile. Gum recession is another risk, but that's beyond fixing your teeth. Just something to think about.

If I could get an oral piercing, I don't think I'd risk messing up my teeth with a lip ring or labret and opt for a vertical labret, but that's just me.  

Warninglv100
Crew

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:25 pm
oh thats right i didn't even think of this before but you know when your ortho is tightening, well how badly do they stretch your lips.... pretty damn bad eek  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:32 am
Strange...when my brace is tightened, my lips aren't stretched at all O_o

If the braces weren't your idea, I'd say go for it xD I'm not sure what type of brace you have, but if it's anything like mine I can't see why'd it be a problem. The brackets don't touch my lip at all, and looking at Josh's snakebites, his BCRs don't touch his teeth at all, so as far as I'm aware the chances of the brace irritating the piercing are small.

And as for the pain thing, I agree with MiLK`, two seconds of pain doesn't even compare to the two to three days of pain brace tightening causes >.<, just last week, I was nursing a wound caused by one of the brackets which ripped open my cheek, stung like holy hell gonk

Cross Eyed Mary

Facial & Oral Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff