Welcome to Gaia! ::

◇ Xtreme Skilled Knights ◇

Back to Guilds

An army of many is more powerful than an army of one. 

Tags: everything, anime, poetry, clan, gold, fun, knights, skilled, RP, games, music, advice, vending, webcasts, booty grab, contests, art, music, zOMG, Wii, Xbox, Playstation, PC 

Reply City Corners______________-______Advice and Moral Support
Have you ever thought that you didn't deserve Happiness? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shalkonon_original

Eloquent Genius

8,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:20 am
I don't think I really deserve to be happy. I never thought it as a right to be happy, more as something that everyone can pursue but not something that everyone can have.

Which is why I love the movie, "The Pursuit of Happiness". But I can't help but think that I'm just going to end up dying alone. But it is only a current thought and belief. But it has been there for a few years now.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:49 am
Well I could lie to you and say; "there there, everything will be alright". I could also do a psychological evaluation to really help you feel better, but I don't really like either of those solutions.

I think as long as your a good person, then yes you do deserve to be happy.

Maybe all you need are some life changes then you'll feel much happier.  

Creepy Kuro Neko

Moonlight Phantom

shalkonon_original

Eloquent Genius

8,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:54 am
Life changes will still only be temporary, because I can't do much to change my life currently.

But thanks for the thought I suppose.

For future reference remember that expecting life to be good to you because you are a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian. One of my favorite quotes.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:00 am
I didn't mean that life just hands you happiness, that is something only you can control. Life is s**t, but its up to the individual to make something of it.

I really hope things will get better for you  

Creepy Kuro Neko

Moonlight Phantom

Valtecour

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:21 am
Life is what you make of it.

If you want to live a sad life, then is your choice, if happy then that too is your choice. I don't think life is "unfair" or full of "s**t" as some say. Because if life is bad to you, well, is your own fault for not doing something about it. You have the power to change what you want and don't want in your life. Happiness is something one must obtain by their own, because is not given away. A friend might give happiness, but that's when you have a friend, to have to first find one. I don't know if I'm making sense, but hope you understand at least a little of my ramblings.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:52 am
Like I think you can be happy it just may take time and a little work. Odds are even if you think you are going to die alone, there will be many people there for you even in the end. I try to be happy but I feel like I'm a bad person because of the mental abuse my dad has put me through for 14+ years. So I know life changes may be hard to do and deal with. I can't even move out until next year because I'm only 17 lol.  

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

--Beckys Nightmare--

Benevolent Stalker

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:03 pm
I agree with everyone here.

And, I happen to be in the same state of mind right now (and have been for quite a long, long time). But my advice would be to look at everything optimistically, never ever EVER have a negative attitude (trust me, it only gets you more and more unhappy), talk about your feelings to people you love/trust, listen to soothing music, take a nap, and/or have a moment all to yourself to be able to ease down a bit and think about the positives of life.

Yeah, life can be a pain in the a** at times, but there's always a way to make it worth living. Never let anything put you down to the point where you think you'll never be happy again because then yeah, you won't be happy again; it's all the power of the mind.

I'd go on, but I don't want to make a novel about my advice to you. xD  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 4:45 pm
People seem to think that you control your emotions. But you don't, nature and biochemicals control your emotions, you can only construct an optimum environment for your chosen mood, a meadow=happy, a graveyard= sad or scary etc. Not to say that your emotions would react the same way. For instance I am more comfortable in a forest devoid of human life and become aggravated when surrounded by people (crowds, etc.)  

wikkedj

Sakura_Moonlight2421

Sparkly Genius

7,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:24 pm
Life is like a double-edged sword, the choices you make are neither good nor bad, its how you make the choices and react to it that makes it good or bad. Your always at a risk of backlash with the choices you make regardless of what you would call good or bad.

......I hope that made some sense...its been awhile since I used that analogy.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:08 pm
I can honestly say that no, the thought has seriously never occured to me. Nothing even close. Life hands me problems all the time, and I hand their heads back on a platter. biggrin
No but seriously, life is like a bad anime. You know the ones: Main Character one has to beat somebody 50x as powerful as him, with no time to train, does it, and ends up having to beat somebody even more powerful. And does it again. Basically, we've just got to rise to the occaision every time, and put life back in it's place. (A happy place. With trees and flowers and chirping birds and basket weavers who sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs and toes and they're coming to take me away HAHA!)
(XD I love that song. Bonus points to anyone who recognizes it.)  

The Spellslinger

Dangerous Regular

s11jande

Invisible Genius

8,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:26 pm
Here's a song that might cheer you up
Monty Python!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:47 pm
I've met people who don't deserve to be happy.

Many of them were happy.

I've met many people who are fit for only the best life has to offer.

Many of them are desperately unhappy, confused, angry, two of them, family members, told that they were loved and people wanted them to be happy tried to kill themselves because of the pressure. One is still alive.

Life is strange.  

Honney Boy

Quotable Harvester

shalkonon_original

Eloquent Genius

8,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:57 pm
Kyra Valdire
I can honestly say that no, the thought has seriously never occured to me. Nothing even close. Life hands me problems all the time, and I hand their heads back on a platter. biggrin
No but seriously, life is like a bad anime. You know the ones: Main Character one has to beat somebody 50x as powerful as him, with no time to train, does it, and ends up having to beat somebody even more powerful. And does it again. Basically, we've just got to rise to the occaision every time, and put life back in it's place. (A happy place. With trees and flowers and chirping birds and basket weavers who sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs and toes and they're coming to take me away HAHA!)

Yeah, but at least the lucky character gets to fight his way out of his problems. I can't change what people think, so I can't really change things.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:14 pm
shalkonon_original
Kyra Valdire

Yeah, but at least the lucky character gets to fight his way out of his problems. I can't change what people think, so I can't really change things.

That's bullshit mate. When you're through being so self-centered and feeling sorry for yourself, try thinking of all the ways you can change what people think. It's really not that hard in most cases, especially if you're talking about teenagers. There will always be an elite crowd, but for the most part people aren't as bad as you probably think.
I have no idea what you're doing and what you're not doing, but try smiling more. Telling jokes. Cutting down on sarcasm, if you do that. These are just some broad generalizations, but you can change things if you try hard enough. Trust me, I've been there and I'm doing that.  

The Spellslinger

Dangerous Regular

shalkonon_original

Eloquent Genius

8,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:58 pm
Kyra Valdire
shalkonon_original
Kyra Valdire

That's bullshit mate. When you're through being so self-centered and feeling sorry for yourself, try thinking of all the ways you can change what people think. It's really not that hard in most cases, especially if you're talking about teenagers. There will always be an elite crowd, but for the most part people aren't as bad as you probably think.
I have no idea what you're doing and what you're not doing, but try smiling more. Telling jokes. Cutting down on sarcasm, if you do that. These are just some broad generalizations, but you can change things if you try hard enough. Trust me, I've been there and I'm doing that.

Yeah, I feel sorry that people see me as nothing more than a psychotic pervert. I try to be polite, but people mistake it as being a perv. Also, I'm accused of being the kind of person who would bring a gun to school.

I would never bring a gun to school, I would kill people with my bare hands. I know better than that though.

I can't stop people from seeing me as a psycho as for some reason everyone constantly assume and see that I'm crazy.  
City Corners______________-______Advice and Moral Support

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff