View Results

Miss Marinara Sauce

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:13 pm
Well, that was quite a cliffhanger! What did you guys think of the episode overall? I liked it a lot, actually. I loved the switcheroo with the shoes, but, my God, I HATED Amy in this! She was such a b***h to the clone Doctor! It seemed like they were planning for him to come back, though, with the way they left it... And was anyone else forcibly reminded of Fred and George Weasley when the two Doctors were together?

Oh, and can I just say "Booyah" for being right about Amy? mrgreen And it would seem that the Doctor now knows that he's going to die... Wonder what they'll do with that?

So, what do you think is going to happen in the mid-series finale?  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:57 pm
I haven't seen it yet! crying crying crying will have to go find it online.  

Maeko-Hana

Lord Shadow IX

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:19 pm
What does "Mid-Season Finale" even mean?  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 1:01 am
Lord Shadow IX
What does "Mid-Season Finale" even mean?

They're splitting season 6 into two halves: one in the spring, and one in the fall. Episode 7 will be like the finale for the spring half, and we'll apparently be left with quite the cliffhanger to ponder over the summer.  

Miss Marinara Sauce

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200

Jettrick

Aged Noob

2,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:36 am
It was a decent enough episode that teased greatness at a few points but was let down by a woeful ending just as I feared it inevitably would be. Enough gangers and humans die to restore the status quo, ridiculous snot monster out of nowhere ending, and crowned with two gratuitously pointless sacrfices that didn't make a lick of sense ._.

Then, of course, came the *other* ending and a huge OMGWTFBBQ moment as the doctor, who's spent the best part of the previous two episodes trying to convince us Gangers have as much right to life as their templates, just blows one up because it happens to look like his best friend.

Really, Moffat?

**** off -.-

And no, those weren't the stars I'm giving the episode, either >.>  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:34 pm
Was a good episode but really? Do they find it fun to give the Doctor mood swings? One bit of good they did not kill Rory Though it would have been easy.  

NatsumenoKage

Codebreaking Dragon

20,125 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Festive Eye 50

Ricwulf

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:48 am
I already knew that the Doctor would find out that he dies. I mean, think about it, why would the Doctor invite Canton, asking him to bring petrol, if they were gonna have lunch and that was it? He knew it was his time. But that will be an aborted timeline, OR ELSE!

As for the episode in a whole, just wow. Also, towards the end of the episode, a little after the Doctor goes nuts at Amy, I realised that they switched. That was a little obvious. As for Amy being The Flesh(sorta), that was a good twist, but would explain the TARDIS not locking on to her pregnancy (Was picking up the Flesh AND the real Amy signal at the same time).
Also, I've got here the Next episode synopsis, one from BBC and one from The Sunday Times(Whited for anyone who doesn't want to read them).

BBC
Quote:
Amy Pond has been kidnapped and the Doctor is raising an army to rescue her as the drama continues. But as he and Rory race across galaxies, calling in long-held debts and solemnly given promises, his enemies are laying a carefully concealed trap.

The Sunday Times
Quote:
Amy now has a baby, but she and Melody are held captive in the season finale by panto-style villainess Madame Kovarian (Frances Barber). So the Doctor recruits a posse for a battle River Song calls his "darkest hour". There are bewildering moments, but plenty of fun, too and an arresting denouement.

I don't think I can last a week 'til the next episode.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:08 am
We didn't get it here in the states, BBC America pushed it back for some reason [Memorial Day, probably...guess they thought a marathon of the season so far was better than Part Two? ggrr...so now we're a week behind the UK]...and on top of that, our TV was down on friday and saturday, so I wouldn't have been able to watch anyways...I caved, though, and read a synopsis...Sounds crazy and awesome!

Does anyone know of a free [and reliable, non-spammy] site that I can watch it on? I'm so impatient to see it.  

Maeko-Hana

Miss Marinara Sauce

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:31 pm
Maeko-Hana
We didn't get it here in the states, BBC America pushed it back for some reason [Memorial Day, probably...guess they thought a marathon of the season so far was better than Part Two? ggrr...so now we're a week behind the UK]...and on top of that, our TV was down on friday and saturday, so I wouldn't have been able to watch anyways...I caved, though, and read a synopsis...Sounds crazy and awesome!

Does anyone know of a free [and reliable, non-spammy] site that I can watch it on? I'm so impatient to see it.

You can find the video on YouTube, but it's unlisted, so I can send you the link if you want.  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:43 pm
Miss Marinara Sauce
Maeko-Hana

You can find the video on YouTube, but it's unlisted, so I can send you the link if you want.
Yes please, PM me biggrin  

Maeko-Hana

SaphiraStar

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:29 pm
*cough cough* we don't want anything illegal being broadcast on the guild *cough cough*

But I thought it was an AMAZING episode. Yeah, it was still on the predictable side and some things didn't really make sense but the rest was really well done. lady what's-her-face was uncomfortably creepy at the end. I spent most of the episode going "i wonder if they've switched shoes yet" the kid was definitely not one of the better child actors they've had. (but he's a kid so I'll forgive him for that.) They never expanded on why that guy was sneezing or why the mainland needed eat-your-face acid being pumped to them. hmm. for an episode I liked so much, I certainly have a lot of negative criticism.  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:44 pm
SaphiraStar
*cough cough* we don't want anything illegal being broadcast on the guild *cough cough*

Heh. Sorry. sweatdrop  

Miss Marinara Sauce

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200

SaphiraStar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:02 pm
so. did i just mishear something or did the Doctor shout "Roranicus Pondicus"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:59 am
I kinda liked it when the Doctor snapped at Amy...she's such an annoying little s***. Personally I think #11 needs to assert his authority over her a little more often...
Anyway. This episode was alright. The two Doctors did indeed remind me of Fred and George Weasley. But considering I still havn't seen the first two episodes I'm kinda confused as to why (or rather, how) Amy became a flesh copy.  

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
The Doctor Who Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items