First Time D & D Character Creation
Note: This Sticky will also be posted in the "Dungeon and Dragons RPG's Home sub forum"

Greetings,

Welcome to the Anime Role Playing Extraordinaire Guild. This topic outlines what steps to take to create a Dungeon and Dragons character and post for it in the “Dragon Lance” RPG.

Note: Please read the "Dragon Lance RPG Disclamer and Introduction" Announcement Topic in the Main Forum before creating your character if you haven‘t already. Thanks.

1. First go to the "Dungeon and Dragons RPG's Home sub forum" for their descriptions and their Character Creation Forms. Keep in mind that the RPG’s in this sub forum are the most complicated ones in the guild. I prefer that experienced Role Players only to post in these RPG’s. After playing the other, simpler, RPG’s in the Guild for a while please send me a message and request to try out the RPG’s in this sub forum. Based on your posts I should be able to tell if you are ready.

2. Read the Sticky: "Dragon Lance" Dungeon & Dragons RPG Info. Please read the entire description to get a full understanding of what you need to know to fill out the Character Creation Form #3. In addition to the basic info needed for character creation their is also info needed to be able to play and post in the "Dragon Lance" RPG. So refer to this sticky often. Note: A lot of the info that I used is a varitaion of info from the Dungeon and Dragons Rules Compendium. I also did additional research on Gems and Crystals. I believe that they were not used to their full potential in the D & D world. Most important, in this RPG I don't use saving rolls or math for battles. I prefer to use the Guild Members imagination and the Game Master's discretion. Character abilities and hitpoints are used for reference only but they can add a lot to the description of your character.

3. Based on the Sticky mentioned above figure out what kind of character or characters that you would like to create for this D & D RPG. If the Sticky: "Dragon Lance" Dungeon & Dragons RPG Info description doesn't have enough info to decide what character to create feel free to check out the posts of other characters created in the Character Creation Form #3 Topic or come up with a character type of your own. If you do, please send me a message and ask for approval for your character. In most cases I will approve it or tell you why not. Also feel free to ask questions about the “Dragon Lance” RPG in general.

4. Next go to and read the Sticky: "Character Creation Form #3". When ready cut and paste the form and post a reply in the topic. Then fill out the form. If needed print out the Sticky: "Dragon Lance" Dungeon & Dragons RPG Info for reference since Gaia doesn’t always allow for more than one window open at a time. If you don’t have a printer you can write down what you want to have on your character form first. Keep in mind that this is an original copy of your character. Once you create a character in this topic do not edit it in case you need to start over in the RPG.

5. Once a character or characters have been created read the Sticky: "General Guidelines & Rules for Posting in RPG's". In that topic is a brief description of what is in a typical post on this guild.

6. When you're ready to start posting for your character go to the Sticky: "Character Registration" and post your character in a reply in that topic. When you register your character please note which RPG that character is going to be in and what quest. Registering your character lets me know that you want to post it in a RPG.

7. Next go to the “Dragon Lance” Tavern topic and post your character being their. Then you can read all of the posts of other characters that are in the Tavern. While in the Tavern you can interact with other characters and ask to join or form a group that you want to go on a quest with. Note: The Tavern is a safe and secure place. Once you are ready you and your companion characters if any will post that you are leaving the Tavern. Then join the Quest that you wish to try, read any of the posts that are already their if any and then post your character starting the quest. Each Quest will have a description and rules for winning and losing the quest at the beginning of it’s topic. If their are any questions please let me know.

8. When you finish a quest you can edit the registered character to add to abilities, treasures, weapons, etc. Also it’s a good time to swap any of your items to get ready for your next quest. You can swap your outfit, items, etc at the “Dragon Lance” Inn topic. Consider the “Dragon Lance” Inn to be a safe and secure area. Feel free to post items that you want to leave behind in your room. I realize that most characters can't carry all of their belongings. Also at that time you can enhance items or exchange currency at the “Dragon Lance” Blacksmith and Alchemy Topic. If needed your character can buy or exchange items in the "Dragon Lance" General Shop. Throughout the quest I will have my Game Master Character note in a post when Treasure, etc is rewarded. If you need to use anything that is rewarded at that time please let me know at that time in a post on that RPG Quest. Otherwise I will list at the end of the quest all of the additional items that each character has gained. Items that you have on your characters person at the beginning of the quest can be swaped with what’s in your backpack at any time. Please don’t swap items between characters unless you have my permission and then the Game Master will post the change. When you're done you can post your character back at the "Dragon Lance" Tavern to look for other characters to join you in the next Quest.

9. Note: It's best to go on a quest with at least 3 characters. Otherwise you could end your Quest really quick. If you die your character goes back to the stats that it had before starting the Quest. That way you can learn from your mistakes and try again. Yes, characters can die. Please don't go reckless or try to kill a quest member or yourself on purpose. You can play two of the characters in the group that you are a part of. I do prefer that a group has at least 2 members running characters in it. Of course having more than 2 members running characters in a group can be more enjoyable.

Sincerely,
Smithers456 Guild Captain