Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
Hitchhiker 4&5? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tokagima

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:43 pm
alright so i have all 3 books on my computer and will gladly email them to anyone who wants them for easy reading but then i have i think a 4th and a 5th that relate to it but arent actually part of the trilogy even though it says it is. anyone care to comment or request an email?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:18 pm
HHGG is a trilogy in five parts.  

cant_delete_accounts

Ghost Chef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:00 pm
tombrend
HHGG is a trilogy in five parts.

What he said.

Do they happen to be called "So Long, and Thanks For All the Fish" and "Mostly Harmless"?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:22 pm
indeed, see when i think trilogy i think 3, but then again thats just crazy to expect something normal from Douglas Adams. was a sad day when he passed on. anyways they are and i love them. truly a masterpiece 5 part trilogy blaugh  

Tokagima

Ghost Chef

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:32 pm
Where did you get them, if I may ask?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:02 am
*pokes head in* 6 if you count the short story "Young Zaphod Plays it Safe"!
*runs away*  

Tinnumir

MST3Kakalina

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:15 pm
i have all 6 too, as well. or i think i still have them, somewhere.

i don't like 4 and 5 nearly as much, maybe it has something to do with the fact that DNA returned to them so much later. i can't arse myself to read "Young Zaphod," as i am afraid i will be very very disappointed.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:51 am
Its pretty good. Really random. It doesn't answer any of the things I have read that it answers. It doesnt say how Zaphod came to be president, nor anything to do with the heart of gold. It has something to do with a ship at the bottom of the ocean.  

cant_delete_accounts

manta love

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:27 pm
From what I remember of "Young Zaphod Plays it Safe", Zaphod has some sort of regular job, and he doesn't do something horribly foolish when he could.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:30 pm
It doesn't give any direct information. It heavily implies that he held the galaxy hostage. Maybe.  

cant_delete_accounts

Fearless Trowa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:05 am
MST3Kakalina
i have all 6 too, as well. or i think i still have them, somewhere.

i don't like 4 and 5 nearly as much, maybe it has something to do with the fact that DNA returned to them so much later. i can't arse myself to read "Young Zaphod," as i am afraid i will be very very disappointed.

I have all except Moatly Harmless, as well as the book that has all 6  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:16 pm
I never much cared for the last two. So Long was kind of...off...and Mostly Harmless was just straight-out depressing.  

I Was Matuso

Yuki-Onna Reed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:31 pm
Well, both had their good moments, if you ask me... also, I do like the characters of Fenchurch and Random... too bad Fenchurch is forced to vanish in order to make Arthur miserable again, and Random gets *spoiler* with the others after she's only been in one book. xp  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:57 pm
mantalove
From what I remember of "Young Zaphod Plays it Safe", Zaphod has some sort of regular job, and he doesn't do something horribly foolish when he could.

Zaphod's running a used ballpoint pen business when a "perfectly safe" ship crashes next to his underwater shop. Then something escapes from the ship and heads towards the area where earth is and the men who come to look at the ship say that area need to be made "perfectly safe". I still don't quite understand it all.  

Pashunath

Yuki-Onna Reed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:46 am
Pas
mantalove

Zaphod's running a used ballpoint pen business when a "perfectly safe" ship crashes next to his underwater shop. Then something escapes from the ship and heads towards the area where earth is and the men who come to look at the ship say that area need to be made "perfectly safe". I still don't quite understand it all.

That's...not the version in the Ultimate Guide, is it? Although...is that where that business about all the ballpoint pens escaping to their own planet comes from? I'm not sure I quite remember Zaphod's shop being underwater... I thought he went along with the two guys on a ship (that is, a spaceship with underwater capibilities) to find the wreckage of another ship that had crashed underwater (I'm not entirely sure why Zaphod came along...I think he was part of a salvage company), and the driver of the ship is obsessed with lobsters (I think he dies), and the other guy's a government official or something. Anyway the ship had three prototype Genuine People Personalities on board that were really dangerous, because they had the ability to do whatever they liked and no one would stop them...and one escaped to Earth... In some versions of the story it's implied, I think, that it was Ronald Reagan (the hell?!). And Earth has to be made "perfectly safe"...implying that Earth was destroyed for this reason...but then what does this have to do with Zaphod's psychiratrist? *dizzy*
All in all, a really confusing story. You're better off ignoring it, but there are some amusing bits about lobsters and ballpoint pens in there. whee  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games