First of all this is all Maxx D's fault for mentioning Autobots and Decepticons in relation to kimeti when he gave me my first the lovely doe Give Up Forever.

The idea is to have a kimeti buck loosely based on the autobot Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime. I looked to the animated movie which is one of my favorite things and went through songs, concepts, lines etc from the movie. I finally settled on "Light Our Darkest Hour" as a name in relation to the concept of the Autobot Matrix lighting their darkest hour which it did through Rodimus.

ok on to the kimeti

Personality: Light Our Darkest Hour is a very conflicted buck. His dream left him feeling like he was meant for leadership and greatness. For most this would give them great confidence not so for this buck. Outwardly he does project a great deal of confidence, capable of being quite cocky at times, but inside he's afraid of being forced into a leadership role and being responsible for others. It's hard enough worrying about himself let alone a group...

Though he enjoys company and close friends, he never shares his full name choosing to go by the much more vague (and less full of expectations) Darkest Hour.

the dream...

Darkness surrounds him and voices call out for help. Fear surrounds him and yet he carries forward. A glow begins to form around him growing brighter with every step, his confidence grows with the light. Others drawn to the light begin to follow him. He can feel their gratitude and growing strength as the light dispells their fears. They couldn't do it without him; he is their leader lighting their darkest hour ... guiding them home...

appearance:
Thinking probably flame markings and I'd love for him to have hair inspired by Judd Nelson, his voice actor from the movie and also the brief appearance on Transformers Animated.

Refs:
Hot Rod
Hair