Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Bouncing!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you bounce with me?
  Of course! I just found some neat stuff too!
  Of course! I hope to find some good stuff soon!
  No. I'm in a hoplessly bad mood. But I'll take the gold.
View Results

Bookwyrme

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:54 pm
Well, no one in the RL neighborhood can appreciate this, but I think you folks will.

I just started soap making (I've now 3 bars to my credit) and, as I am making soap, I need some way to package it before I give it to people. Anyway, yesterday I went to the local thrift store & spent a very pleasant hour or so going through the craft supplies & came home with lots of ribbon for packaging, fake flowers for soap petals, and some embroidery floss & sequins for my other hobby of doll & stuffed animal making.

And then I had an enjoyable hour sorting through all my supplies.

No--not what I was supposed to be doing, but fantastic fun all the same smile  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:47 am
Sometimes shopping for craft supplies is the most fun and creative thing you can do. Since my supply options are often limited, I try to get as creative as I can with what's available (and in my budget!), and its fun to just walk around and think of the things you could do with stuff.  

spacekitten

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Bookwyrme

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:38 am
spacekitten
Sometimes shopping for craft supplies is the most fun and creative thing you can do. Since my supply options are often limited, I try to get as creative as I can with what's available (and in my budget!), and its fun to just walk around and think of the things you could do with stuff.

Yeah--I can never walk into a store any more without seeing dolls' eyes, monster hair, and teddy-bear potential all around.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:15 am
Hehe! That's what I did last night. (With different fabrics, granted.) My friend recently gave me a bag full of scrap fabric, and I just got around to sorting it, there was all manner of cool stuff in there! I love my friends, they support my crafting addiction.  

KariudoMegami

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:35 pm
I have an unusual love of sorting stuff.

and I toatally love going to thrift stores and seeing things I could use to make things, but unfortunatly I have soo much stuff at home that needs using, and soo little room to keep it all that I have to force myself to stop buying stuff for projects that just won't happen. Not that I am always sucessfull.

I recently inhereted my mothers stamp collecition, wich has spent most of the last ten years sitting in a box not an actual album.
So of course I have to go off and spend far too much money of fancy album pages and sort for ages. I thaught it was the best fun ever deciding where little bits of paper go on a page.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:59 pm
I be me

I recently inhereted my mothers stamp collecition, wich has spent most of the last ten years sitting in a box not an actual album.
So of course I have to go off and spend far too much money of fancy album pages and sort for ages. I thaught it was the best fun ever deciding where little bits of paper go on a page.

You know, I'm not a stamp collector myself, but I can totally see the attraction.  

Bookwyrme

NightRainSpirit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:56 pm
Bookwyrme
I be me

You know, I'm not a stamp collector myself, but I can totally see the attraction.

stamp collecting is really good, I don't like the long processing of sorting, cleaning, and finding out where in the world did they come from, cuz they aren't American is annoying sometimes though.  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games