Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
What are your computer specs? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:35 am
Just a curious geek here. Did a few more modifications to my machine yesterday and now I have it booting in under 6 seconds! Which got me to thinking, what are the specifications of the other guild members machines?

3.67 GHz Intel Core i7 950 (4 way processing)
3 x 4 GB (12) DDR 1667 Memory
Intel 80 GB SSD 320 Series (Boot Volume [Mac OS])
WD Caviar Black 2TB (Backup Boot Volume [Mac OS])
WD Caviar Black 2TB (Windows Boot Volume)
ATI Radeon HD 5870 (Graphics)
4 External HD's [250GB, 250GB, 500GB, 1TB]  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:28 pm
Oh, I'm so jealous of your boot time. My baby's become slow in the past few months, but then again she's not really a spring chicken anymore.

I'm on a Toshiba Satellite lappy. She's got...
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-72 (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 3072MB RAM
Hard Drive: 242 GB
Video Card: ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics

Running Windows 7.

/me feels nerdy.  

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Xennified

Friendly Friend

9,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:55 pm
That's pretty awesome, I think I remember most of what mine has..

AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 265 Processor (3.3GHz)
Corsair 2x2GB Dual channel DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GT 430 Graphics
Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD
Gigabyte 770T-D3L Motherboard
Windows 7 Home Premium

I have a 1TB external HD (Hitachi) too, and the rest of my PC is integrated with my motherboard or generally unremarkable.
I need to buy a decent soundcard and maybe a better graphics card at some point.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:06 pm
Mine:
ASUS G73JH Republic of Gamers Laptop
Intel Core i7 720QM 1.6GHz
8GB 1066Mhz DDR3
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 1GB
17.3in Screen (1920x1080)
2x 500GB Internal HDDs
1x 640GB External HDD
BluRay Combo Drive
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000

EternalMates:
SilverStone TJ07 Case, Black, 4x Aftermarket S-FLEX fans w/ Rheobus
Intel i7 930 @ 3.8GHz, 4.0Ghz during winter
ASUS Sabertooth X58 Motherboard
6GB 2000Mhz DDR3
Corsair H70 Hybrid Watercooling Heatsink (Push/Pull with stock Corsair fans)
EVGA nVidia GTX 580 SuperClocked
26" T260 Samsung Monitor w/ built-in TV Tuner (1920x1200)
2x Western Digital Black 1TB Internal HDDs
1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB Internal HDD
2x 640GB External HDDs
2x LG Dual Layer DVD Burners w/ Lightscribe
2x 16GB USB Flash Drives
SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro
Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speakers
Razer Carcharias Headset
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Logitech G940 Flight System (Stick, Throttle, Pedals)
NaturalPoint TrackIR 4 Pro
Razer Imperator Mouse
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard
fUnc sUrface1030 MBA Mousepad

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:20 pm
Surprised I even have more then 1 reply. Wasn't too sure if you guys were into computers :p

Is anyone else into building computers?

In the next few weeks or next month I am planning on upgrading my processor to Intel i7 2600k. It won't be a huge difference, but it will make my machine run quite a bit cooler (already runs pretty cool though).

Also thinking of upgrading my graphics card, because at the time of building my computer mine was the top card that my setup could handle, and now people have new drivers to use with Mac OS so I can get a better card!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:38 pm
Compaq, windows vista.

Its a computer

Computer computer computer computer computer computer computer computer computer computer

Its a black computer with a big screen.

On the inside it has wires.

You can like, surf the web and listen to music, play games n' stuff.

It has three usb ports, 7 minute battery life, and a new charger.

It can like, play CDs

computer computer computer computer computer computer computer computer computer computer

computer computer

computer

XD just messing with you guys, excuse my sarcasm. At the moment its too late to go looking for the specs. of my computer, but if I do get them I'll post them up fo sho.

Redilicious

Dapper Sex Symbol

Xennified

Friendly Friend

9,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:20 am
00Shoe
Surprised I even have more then 1 reply. Wasn't too sure if you guys were into computers :p

Is anyone else into building computers?

In the next few weeks or next month I am planning on upgrading my processor to Intel i7 2600k. It won't be a huge difference, but it will make my machine run quite a bit cooler (already runs pretty cool though).

Also thinking of upgrading my graphics card, because at the time of building my computer mine was the top card that my setup could handle, and now people have new drivers to use with Mac OS so I can get a better card!

I built the one I'm on now, it's the first (And only so far) I've built.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:49 am
My darling is starting to age sad Got her in 2009

Gateway P-7805u FX Laptop (gaming)

2.2 Ghz Centrino Core 2 duo Processor. (want to upgrade to 2.6)
360 Gb 7200 Rpm Hard drive (theres a second empty slot and i want to put something bigger in it)
Nvidia GeForce 9800M GTS 1 Gb GDDR3 Graphics card.
4Gb DDR3 ram, I plan to buy 8Gb REAL soon.

And the part they dont put on laptops anymore a 1920x1200 pixel screen, higher than 1080p

When I got it, anything more powerful was well over $2k I got my darling for $1100. But this was back in 09 so shes aged, but still love it everyday <3  

Hogosha neko

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:15 am
Hogosha neko

Nice to get things on the upper cusp, they age much better. I was using my other computer the other day (not too sure why I just didn't use my current one) It seemed so slow - it wasn't really that slow, just a few years old.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:25 am
Bought a 27" apple monitor without realizing it doesn't support dvi any more.

So new graphics card arriving tomorrow with the proper ports! Gigabyte ATI 6870 with the dual mini display port.  

00Shoe
Captain

Hogosha neko

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:03 am
00Shoe
Hogosha neko

Nice to get things on the upper cusp, they age much better. I was using my other computer the other day (not too sure why I just didn't use my current one) It seemed so slow - it wasn't really that slow, just a few years old.

Lol, yeah XD I know how that feels. I have like 6 laptops laying around that i need to fix up.

I plan on sticking with my current untill it just cant take anything new. I also not to long ago bought a netbook. I went with one of the older 8.9" models that they only made for a short while. It runs better than all the netbooks you can get today because there was NO bloat ware on it. The only thing that was on it when I got it was Microsoft office. Also its not running heavy Windows 7. Its from around mid 2008. I scored big with it, got it for $270 off ebay, it had only been used for 8 hours blaugh

I have plans to put a 1tb hard drive and 2gigs of ram into the little guy, since i take it EVERYWHERE with me. I love its size to, just so perfect to me (8.9" netbooks never took off due to people hating there tiny keyboards).  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:00 pm
Hogosha neko
Lol, yeah XD I know how that feels. I have like 6 laptops laying around that i need to fix up.

I plan on sticking with my current untill it just cant take anything new. I also not to long ago bought a netbook. I went with one of the older 8.9" models that they only made for a short while. It runs better than all the netbooks you can get today because there was NO bloat ware on it. The only thing that was on it when I got it was Microsoft office. Also its not running heavy Windows 7. Its from around mid 2008. I scored big with it, got it for $270 off ebay, it had only been used for 8 hours blaugh

I have plans to put a 1tb hard drive and 2gigs of ram into the little guy, since i take it EVERYWHERE with me. I love its size to, just so perfect to me (8.9" netbooks never took off due to people hating there tiny keyboards).

That sounds so TINY! I bet it looks all cute. What is the expandability of netbooks? 1 HD bay and 2 Ram slots?  

00Shoe
Captain

Hogosha neko

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:29 pm
00Shoe
Hogosha neko

That sounds so TINY! I bet it looks all cute. What is the expandability of netbooks? 1 HD bay and 2 Ram slots?

It has 1 HD bay and 1 ram slot (older DDR2) but XP doesnt support anything above 3gigs so 2 is perfect in a netbook.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:24 pm
Hogosha neko
It has 1 HD bay and 1 ram slot (older DDR2) but XP doesnt support anything above 3gigs so 2 is perfect in a netbook.

Ewwww how can you use XP :p  

00Shoe
Captain

HighTail Cafe

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out