Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

i iz teh neko

9,625 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:23 am
So music lovers - a great music site, in my opinion is last.fm.

It has a lot of features but the two I mainly use are the scrobbler(thing that records what you listen to) and the radio features~
For those unfamiliar with the site and how it works, you get your own personal profile and it keeps track of what you listen to on your phone, iPod, and various media players on your computer, as well as on the site.
It kind of keeps tabs on what you listen to and how frequently you listen to it. Think of it as listening stats if you will c:
To get an idea, you can look at my last.fm page

It's pretty sweet.

It also lets you see how compatible your music taste is with other users. I tend to check out bands high up on the lists of people I have high music compatibility with, plus it's just fun to see how similar in taste you have to others you talk to in forums and such.

LONG POST SHORTENED:
I like this site. You guys should check it out if you haven't already.
Those with accounts should post either their usernames here or a link to their last.fm profiles so we can all compare what we listen to.

My last.fm username: nekoshon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:57 pm
Real Horrorshow Groodies
I always have my last.fm linked in my signature.

Your musical compatibility with nekoshon is VERY LOW
Music you have in common includes XTC, 分島花音, The Who, Opeth and Talking Heads.

Doesn't look like we have a whole lot in common. But I respect your love for XTC.

Just checked it out 4laugh
Haven't seen most of the stuff you have but do like XTC~
Can blame that one on my parents. I even used a few XTC songs for a mixed CD I made for school once c:  

i iz teh neko

9,625 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

i iz teh neko

9,625 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:05 pm
Real Horrorshow Groodies

I wished my parents liked cool music like XTC. emo

They're seriously one of my favorite bands, though. I have Black Sea and English Settlement on vinyl. I really wish I could get my hands on Skylarking, though. I think it's their best album, and it's one my favorite albums in general.

We've got a good collection of their stuff on vinyl. I remember my parents went nuts at a used CD store a couple years back trying to actually buy up an XTC collection on CD so they didn't have to worry about damaging their vinyl records.

Gonna go see what we have ;D

My dad is really into the punk stuff more but the stuff they both agreed on and got CDs of was Rod Stewart, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Adam Ant/Adam and the Ants, David Bowie, XTC, The Clash, The B-52s, Fine Young Cannibals and ... maybe a few others? Those are mainly what I remember~
Oh and old school Duran Duran.

edit: Looks like they have Big Express, Skylarking, English Settlement and Oranges and Lemons on vinyl, or at least that's what they have out.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:32 pm
Here's my account:
http://www.last.fm/user/fire__starlight

Your musical compatibility with nekoshon is Very Low
Music you have in common includes Kill Hannah.

Your musical compatibility with Propaganda101 is Very Low
Music you have in common includes Pink Floyd and Bon Iver.  

Sakura Nashimara

i iz teh neko

9,625 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:58 pm
Groodies - My sister loves getting vinyl records as well, but it's casual. If it's something she really likes and she can find the vinyl for it, she tends to get it c:

Sakura - I'm looking through your library and I think we have more in common than last.fm lets on xD
I LOVE Iggy Pop and Bowie - I just don't have any of their stuff on my computer just yet. AFI is in your library as well and I have quite a few plays of their stuff ... Phil Collins <3
f(x), SHINee, MSI ... lots of stuff I listen to xD  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:42 pm
I just made an account. I'm kind of confused on what I'm supposed to do.
www.last.fm/user/xsynsdeathbatx  

WolfTeeth-x

Dapper Werewolf

8,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100

WolfTeeth-x

Dapper Werewolf

8,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:53 pm
Real Horrorshow Groodies
N u c l e a r Deathbat

If you download the scrobbler, last.fm can keep track of what you listen to on your computer media player (iTunes, WinAmp, etc.)

Yeah, I read about that. Does it put music on the computer media player, too? Or does it just keep track of the music and not add anything?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:03 pm
Real Horrorshow Groodies
N u c l e a r Deathbat
Real Horrorshow Groodies
N u c l e a r Deathbat

If you download the scrobbler, last.fm can keep track of what you listen to on your computer media player (iTunes, WinAmp, etc.)

Yeah, I read about that. Does it put music on the computer media player, too? Or does it just keep track of the music and not add anything?

It just keeps track. Though some bands have tracks that are available for free download off of the last.fm website.

EDIT: And there's the online radio, obviously.

Oh okay. Then I guess I'll download it.

And yeah. I listened to the online radio a little bit until it started buffering.  

WolfTeeth-x

Dapper Werewolf

8,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
Music is Forever My Life

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items