Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Club Nintendo Gold and Platinum rewards announced!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:12 am
Platinum members can redeem a set of 8-bit Super Mario Bros. pins, and gold members can get a calendar for next year. Not bad prizes, and I wasn't expecting a set of 25 pins. Kind of excited, because I always see game pins on Etsy and want to order them but know it would be foolish. Not I don't have to!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:22 am
I like the pins a lot. I like pins in general.  

Orphie

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:32 am
I'm not a big fan of pins.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:56 am
I am indifferent to pins.

shiny objects too.  

Xilo The Odd

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:44 am
Guess I can't complain since they're free, and 25 pins is a lot. It just seems like they kind of threw a few normal rewards together to make it, though.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:42 pm
I'M ******** CRAZY ABOUT PINS.

Just kidding.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:38 pm
I dunno, the platinum gifts are never astounding, but they're definitely pretty awesome for free. I think I like this better than the Mario hat that doesn't work very well as a real hat. Plus there's a cheep-cheep pin.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:21 pm
I'd be a little more enthusiastic if the pins were random NES characters rather than just Mario. But hey. It's a freebie, and a collector's item.  

smile into the chaos

Feisty Fatcat

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:46 pm
Free is free, but lame is lame. I'd just as easily accept a used napkin.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:58 am
i wish there were more ways to earn the points needed than jsut spend money and talk about the money you spent/wasted/invested. the only freebie surveys give about 10 coins. and in a economy like ours not everyone could afford it even if they wanted too. like me. i'd be buying up enough for platinum status if i had the cash.  

Xilo The Odd

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:39 am
Aside from my 3DS purchase, I probably buy most of my games old and discounted. They're still new, though, and I can spend 20 or less to get 50-70 coins for old wii games. I'm still enjoying Sin and Punishment 2. Damn is that game hard.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:44 pm
Xilo The Odd
i wish there were more ways to earn the points needed than jsut spend money and talk about the money you spent/wasted/invested. the only freebie surveys give about 10 coins. and in a economy like ours not everyone could afford it even if they wanted too. like me. i'd be buying up enough for platinum status if i had the cash.

That's when you ask friends/family who aren't club members to give you their pins. My stepmom was generous enough to hunt down the pins for the Wii and Wii Fit she'd bought, which got me my Mario tote bag and pushed me into platinum eligibility.
Sometimes life has to come before video games. It's not so much the economy as it is responsibility and priorities.

smile into the chaos

Feisty Fatcat

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:35 am
ok.

none of my friends that have a wii dont use their codes.
family is out of touch most of the time and im an only child.

and i'd buy cheap used games but they NEVER put the code in with it. so you pretty much have to buy new games for the code.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:54 am
I'm more excited about the DS bag thing that you can get for much less.  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces