Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aw Heck, it's a Pokemon!

Back to Guilds

A friendly easy-going pokemon guild, with news, strategies, and more! 

Tags: Pokemon, Nintendo DS, Nintendo, Heart Gold, Soul Silver 

Reply Mainlands
Black and White Blues

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dklepto
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:14 am
So okay...maybe it's just me, but after some initial excitement for Black and White, I'm just not feeling overly enthusiastic about playing it. I'm only in the desert area and I just feel no real urge to continue forward. That's part of the reason I haven't been posting to the guides and things as much...I just haven't felt overly interested in this generation, not like the last one.

So I'm wondering if anyone else is feeling this way about Black and White? Is it just me? Is this maybe just a little bit of growing pains for the new gen?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:57 pm
You know I still haven't gotten these games at all. I guess because I know I won't have all the features since I will not be getting a 3Ds any time soon. (Waiting for either the 2nd gen or just more colors). Plus with school and work I really don't have the time. I still haven't even finish Firered yet.  

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

dklepto
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:25 am
Yeah, I can understand that. Although you definitely don't have to have a 3DS to enjoy all the features, though you will need at least a DSi for the online components. I gave up on those, though, because they never did seem to work right, and I could frankly get all the pokemon in the game just by trading between my copies.

But yeah, the only thing they have that requires the 3DS is the 3D Pokedex, but there's not much to that..."Oh wow, my Black and White pokemon are in 3D! Oh wow, I can take a picture with them in it! aaaaaaaannnd now I'm done." *LOL* I think that's why it's free!

I keep waiting for it to get exciting again, but I just have not been as onboard as I was with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. :/ I finally decided to just toss the guidebook aside and that helped a bit to make it more interesting, but...yeah. I don't love these pokemon like I do the other gens.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:37 am
You think its because we are getting older? To me it just seems like I just don't have the time or the energy to keep up and I feel bad because I know these are good games. It's the same with Kirby I really want to play the new game but I just don't have the time, money, or effort. So they all sit there staring at me at Walmart and I think to myself there's just not enough time. emo  

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

dklepto
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:05 am
Time is DEFINITELY a factor for me, but I could make time to play if I was really into them. I think the decision to exclude ANY recognizable pokemon was a mistake, honestly. I'd rather there be some familiar faces with new moves rather than starting from scratch. Maybe that's why this doesn't appeal to me as much...it doesn't feel like pokemon without the pokemon I know and love. And yes, you CAN get them after you complete most or ALL of the main quest, but by then it's like "Why bother? Game's done!"

But now that I'm back from Dragon*Con (which was a BLAST) I may see if I can get it going again. If not, I may just go back to Soul Silver and finish off my collection by catching Groudon and then Rayquaza. Rayquaza is really the only one I'm missing, so then I'll have all 492 of the first four gens.  
Mainlands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games