Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Who else has fun making fun of the "I love Jesus" people Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lycos

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:48 am
Just wondering, I rather enjoy it although it has gotten me temporily banned (Is about to leave for school so just post)  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:58 am
Hmm. Let's see here for a minute.
You're essentially asking if I like making fun of people for their beliefs?

I'd also like to note that this topic is probably going to be locked. My guild-sense (which pwns spider sense) is telling me people are going to turn this thread into a 'LOLOMG Yeah those xtians suk n r dum lol so lets' be hypocritical narrowminded bastrds right bck lool' thread.
My apologies if I'm incorrect.

And if it got you temporarily banned.. it must have been pretty bad. o.x Did they consider it abuse or harassment?

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

Redem

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:12 am
I don't tend to make fun of them, but find many of their posts on gaia to be laughably stupid.

I prefer to try taking a more mature high ground, and to educate them as to why what they are saying is just wrong, or stupid.

After all, their beliefs ham no-one but themselves...

When it comes to a christian trying to push his/her beliefs on others, I am far less tolerant.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:53 am
There has only been one specific situation that urks me about the "I love Jesus" people.

When they say: Jesus loves everyone, so I love everyone... however

rolleyes  

iMito

iviary

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:03 pm
I don't make fun of Christians.
I do poke fun at some of their beliefs, but not to their faces.
I have more respect for people than that.
They have every right to believe what they like, just as I have the right not to share their beliefs. Thus, I don't give them crap for exercising their right, as long as they respect mine.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:10 pm
Depends on my mood. I've never come to a point of harassing them, though. I probably say something along the lines of , "You're an idiot", when I'm in a bad mood  

Orson Welles

decaZetta

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:37 pm
I don't make fun of people for different beleifs because I don't want to be the object of mockery myself. I just treat people the way I want to be treated.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:38 am
I don't go out and make fun of them directly, only when they come to me trying to shove their religion down my throat, then I backlash with about 30 pages of ranting back and forth  

Lycos

Napoleon_Danneskjold

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:20 am
I make fun of them and everyone else. It is what is to be doneabout things, for none deserve to have their funny things hidden when all can laugh at their expense :d  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:24 am
I don't make fun of them.

But having rational conversations with them has proven impossible.

I started a thread where I mentioned Adam and Eve, but it was sort of about evolution, so the 17 pages were filled with angry christians. It was fun at first, but when I tried to convo it up they would just repeat themselves over and over again.  

Pistil

Superior Jazz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:34 am
I do, but it's not for what they are saying. It's how. I mean, really. They are fanatical and... well, slightly annoying. Oklay, excessively annoying. So I have to poke fun at them. But not for their beliefs.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:29 pm
I try not to make fun of people of people's beliefs (more than half my friends are christians). If I ever tried, I would always get the "why don't you believe?"

I only disprove people when I know that they have information wrong. Like when my friends say that this is a Christian nation and should stick with Christian roots.  

TofuDreamer

Zambimaru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:39 pm
I dont make fun of religious people enless they give me a reason to. Like trying to preech to me or or shove their crap down my throat. Some times they say stuff thats so funny or stupid I just have to say something rude to them.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:12 am
I don't make fun of them, but I am critical of their beliefs and sometimes openly express that.  

Amphex

Joey Bishop

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:05 pm
I prefer satire.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items