Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
A deal with the Devil? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Can you really rule in Hell?
  Only a fool's dream.
  Possibly...but it will be hard.
  You'll be some higher demon's girlfriend. O.O
View Results
Taigamma rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 3 Total: 9 (2-12)

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:53 pm
I've thought about this for the last few days and I've began to wonder more and more. What would one be capable of gaining from a deal with the Devil or any other demon? What makes your soul so priceless that supernatural forces are willing to give you almost everything for it?

And another question that was inspired by Black Butler.

Is it possible to become half demon or a demon at all? I've heard only of this in fiction but I wonder if it is true.

Who says you will rule in hell? Wouldn't you just be another minion? What are we missing here?

Post what you have found out and learned about this subject. I would like further research into this matter.

-----------------
Somethings I found.

http://www.experienceproject.com/guides/How-To-Will-Make-A-Deal-With-The-Devil/195304

The supposed contract. Be warned. I highly advise not using it. If you feel you have been completely forsaken by all the forces of good that be, then I guess there isn't anything anyone can say to stop you.

http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Will-Make-A-Deal-With-The-Devil/1547473

There is something about being a virgin or having a goat too. Not sure, but this contract as appeared twice in connection.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:54 pm
What I really wonder is if the two can be incorporated. Can you sell your soul to be a fellow soldier in the demon armies of Hell?

This intrigues me very much.  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:40 am
I've dealt with spirits before (nothing that would be termed a "demon") and I'm not sure this arrangement could work.

The first thing is that I'm not sure you could actually give your soul away or sell it. I just don't think it works that way. I think that in order to negotiate such a deal you would need to evoke the demon in the first place and in order to do that you would use Divine Authority. Using Divine Authority to command it automatically puts you much higher on the occult food chain. I guess that you could command it to take your soul as payment for some service rendered, but why not just command it without bringing your soul into the picture at all?

Granted, demons have a reputation for being notoriously uncooperative, even when commanded by Divine Authority. They just don't want to do what you tell them to do and will find a way out of it. So, given this deceptiveness, if you could sell your soul to it then how would you make sure it kept its end? Who would be the enforcing party of such a deal? The Divine? In such case you could just evoke with Divine Authority in the first place, by my thinking.

I wouldn't think that a person could become a demon or half-demon. You may be able to become something like it in the afterlife if you were a particularly unsavory individual in life and continued that beyond the grave, but I'm not sure a human being could become a true demon.

I don't think that the contract in your link would be valid or provide you with any gain, mostly for the reasons above but also because you have no way of knowing if anyone would take the deal. It seems to rely heavily on embellishments to Christian mythology. As a disclaimer, I have not attempted to work with demons. The closest I've ever come to that is an evocation of the Archangel Samael and that was not a successful evocation because I ended up with an impostor, something claiming to be Samael that was not. I have a feeling that when you start going after "darker" entities in evocation that you start to get any old thing from the lower planes that might want to try to fool you. Like attracts like and all that. I only have what I've read and this one experience to go on with that theory though so take it as you will.

You might want to look into demonology and evocation in general since you're interested in this.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:46 pm
Intriguing. I always wondered how someone could think it was possible. I thank you for your information.

I myself plan to be more angelic than demonic. Though that is hardly possible and would probably make me a will-less puppet soldier, something about having 6 wings, 4 faces, and holy power just says "Badass" to me. Though that is known as a Bargain with Heaven as I've learned and though harder to get, is said to leave you with far more payment for your services than the work you put in.

I know it is improbable to be a demon or half in real life, but what if your spirit were to converted while you were still alive? Would it possible that you would gain some kind of power or aura from being a demonic human.

Also, I will be looking into this Divine Authority. It interests me how humans could ever gain such a friend in the supernatural world.  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:46 pm
Dalcain
Intriguing. I always wondered how someone could think it was possible. I thank you for your information.

I myself plan to be more angelic than demonic. Though that is hardly possible and would probably make me a will-less puppet soldier, something about having 6 wings, 4 faces, and holy power just says "Badass" to me. Though that is known as a Bargain with Heaven as I've learned and though harder to get, is said to leave you with far more payment for your services than the work you put in.

I know it is improbable to be a demon or half in real life, but what if your spirit were to converted while you were still alive? Would it possible that you would gain some kind of power or aura from being a demonic human.

Also, I will be looking into this Divine Authority. It interests me how humans could ever gain such a friend in the supernatural world.

I'm not sure how someone would convert their spirit.

As to Divine Authority, what I mean by that is that you are essentially channeling whatever you consider to be the Almighty. The Creator or Source of all creation. God, if you will. You are acting with the authority of the Divine by coming closer to that Divine through ritual. When it comes to evocation of spirits, anyway.

It's really not a friend or anything like that. You're just acting with confidence and with the Authority of God when you speak and act. You act as an emissary for the Divine and command spirits that way.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:54 pm
Obscurus
Dalcain

As to Divine Authority, what I mean by that is that you are essentially channeling whatever you consider to be the Almighty. The Creator or Source of all creation. God, if you will. You are acting with the authority of the Divine by coming closer to that Divine through ritual. When it comes to evocation of spirits, anyway.

It's really not a friend or anything like that. You're just acting with confidence and with the Authority of God when you speak and act. You act as an emissary for the Divine and command spirits that way.
It is a mystery for now, but many tales speak of demonic men that seemed more than human while still alive.

Man is born with this ability? Intriguing.  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:08 pm
Dalcain
Obscurus
Dalcain

It is a mystery for now, but many tales speak of demonic men that seemed more than human while still alive.

Do you know of any specific tales?

And I wouldn't say man is born with it, but it's a magical skill that can be trained like any other. It's one of the more important skills needed for evocation.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:16 pm
Obscurus
Dalcain
Obscurus
Dalcain

And I wouldn't say man is born with it, but it's a magical skill that can be trained like any other. It's one of the more important skills needed for evocation.
The names always escape me, but I mostly remember them influencing much of Japanese animes based on demons and myths.

I hold them as only made up myths for the sake of the story until I find the real ones.

I will defiantly train that one.  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:31 pm
Dalcain
Obscurus
Dalcain
Obscurus
Dalcain

The names always escape me, but I mostly remember them influencing much of Japanese animes based on demons and myths.

I hold them as only made up myths for the sake of the story until I find the real ones.

If you're interested in summoning spirits then you might be interested in this book:

The Art Of Drawing Spirits Into Crystals by Johannes Trithemius  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:36 pm
Obscurus
Dalcain
Obscurus
Dalcain
Obscurus
Dalcain

If you're interested in summoning spirits then you might be interested in this book:

Thank you. I hope to learn more of this art. I just hope the idea of power doesn't go to my head.  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:43 pm
Dalcain
Obscurus
Dalcain
Obscurus
Dalcain

Thank you. I hope to learn more of this art. I just hope the idea of power doesn't go to my head.

You're welcome. Until you get to the point of practical application I wouldn't worry too much about going power-mad.

That book is a bare-bones explanation of what is called astral evocation. It means that you are scrying the evoked entity rather than summoning it to physical appearance.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:15 am
Dalcain
I've thought about this for the last few days and I've began to wonder more and more. What would one be capable of gaining from a deal with the Devil or any other demon? What makes your soul so priceless that supernatural forces are willing to give you almost everything for it?

Is it possible to become half demon or a demon at all? I've heard only of this in fiction but I wonder if it is true.

Who says you will rule in hell? Wouldn't you just be another minion? What are we missing here?

Post what you have found out and learned about this subject. I would like further research into this matter.

-----------------
Somethings I found.

http://www.experienceproject.com/guides/How-To-Will-Make-A-Deal-With-The-Devil/195304

The supposed contract. Be warned. I highly advise not using it. If you feel you have been completely forsaken by all the forces of good that be, then I guess there isn't anything anyone can say to stop you.

http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Will-Make-A-Deal-With-The-Devil/1547473

There is something about being a virgin or having a goat too. Not sure, but this contract as appeared twice in connection.

Not that this has anything to do with the question, but Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler, I watched the anime subbed) is quite possibly one of the most hilarious things I have laid witness to. Now on topic... as far as Solomon's demons go, you would indeed be using Divine Authority (at least if you are using his methods and teachings), so I don't think the soul really comes into question. Why would a demon want one measly soul? In Black Butler the soul in question was appealing to the demon, but I don't think it works that way in actuality. These are just speculations, I have done little research into the subject so I don't have much to offer.  

Allsixcolours

Lonely Genius

5,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:11 am
In my digging I've found this. A supposed spell that will make someone part/half demon. I dare not try it myself, but it is quite interesting.

http://www.spellsofmagic.com/spells/spiritual_spells/summon_spells/3542/page.html  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:12 am
Allsixcolours
Dalcain

-----------------
Somethings I found.

Not that this has anything to do with the question, but Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler, I watched the anime subbed) is quite possibly one of the most hilarious things I have laid witness to. Now on topic... as far as Solomon's demons go, you would indeed be using Divine Authority (at least if you are using his methods and teachings), so I don't think the soul really comes into question. Why would a demon want one measly soul? In Black Butler the soul in question was appealing to the demon, but I don't think it works that way in actuality. These are just speculations, I have done little research into the subject so I don't have much to offer.
I agree. I never saw the desire of one simple soul, but perhaps that one soul is like a coin in a pot. It may be small, but in time it will add up to greater amounts.  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:13 am
Obscurus
Dalcain
Obscurus
Dalcain
Obscurus
Dalcain

You're welcome. Until you get to the point of practical application I wouldn't worry too much about going power-mad.

That book is a bare-bones explanation of what is called astral evocation. It means that you are scrying the evoked entity rather than summoning it to physical appearance.
Hmm. And one can use Divine Authority with only scrying?  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff