Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply General RP
Monster Hunter RP (DEAD) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilentFox21993

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:21 pm
A world where fierce and powerful
monsters roam the land and inhabit
the seas, monsters that could
overpower a man as easy as any
small animal. Several monsters sit at
the top of the food chain, and every
species under them must struggle
for survival. This includes the Fuers,
human/animal creatures that stand
upright like man, but have physical
attributes like the beast they decend
from. The Fuers are a highly
intelegent species, the beings that
humans would eventually evolve
from. But no full humans existed
now. The Fuers knew that, to survive,
they needed to destroy their biggest
threats; large monsters, such at the
Tigrex, and elder dragons, like Lao-
Shan Lung, needed to be hunted and
killed, so that the Fuers may survive
and thrive.
Ja'Lei; a small and secluded village
built in a valley, surrounded by
forests. This place has been the
birthplace of some of the most
legendary hunters in the land. Many
hunters passed down knowledge of
hunting to their offspring. The
village of Ja'Lei has never had a
shortage of elite hunters...until
recently.
Monsters have been stirring as of
late, many getting too close to Ja'Lei
for any of it's residents' comfort.
Hunters have never had trouble
finding quests to fulfill; recently,
some of the monsters have been
stronger than in the past,
unfortunately not to the hunters'
knowledge until they faced the
beasts. The fatality rate of hunters
has increased, causing the village
chief to take extra precautions
before allowing hunters to accept
quests.
Two days ago, an urgent request
arrived in Ja'Lay.
'This is a call to every Hunter who
has recieved a Crest of Honor. Our
town of Teile is under attack by the
fabled Shining Rathalos. Our hunters
cannot hold it off for much longer.
We need every reinforcment we can
get. Village Chiefs are required to
send all Honored Hunters, in order
to fulfill Section III of the
Agreement. Please bring your
strongest equipment and any items
you deem useful. For all that will not
be joining us, we ask for your
prayers.'
Today, the town of Ja'Lay remains
devoid of elite hunters, as the
villagers pray for their safe return.
Before the day's end, though, they
would find theirselves in need. A
group of intermediate hunters
would finally find the oppourtunity
to prove their worth as monster
hunters.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:59 pm
PROFILES

((Post your profiles below. I will be keeping a running tab of your statistics, and I'll let you know the things you need to know.))

Gaia Screenname: (this is to help me keep track of things)
Name: (give your character a name!)
Age: (these are young hunters, so keep the age fairly low. 17-26 is a good area.)
Species: (what animal does your character decend from?)
Appearance: (pic or detailed description)
Strengths: (what makes your hunter stand out from the rest?)
Weaknesses: (don't you DARE put none! You'd better have at least two!)

I'm not including a bio, because here it is a waste of time.))

RULES

This roleplay follows all the basic roleplaying rules, such as no god-modding (except for me, because it's required for me to do it), don't have your character do something completely out of it's skill range, etc., etc.. Now, I have a few special rules, since it's a semi-stat roleplay.

1. Do NOT assume!
-What do I mean by this? Here is an example. If you are in the middle of a battle, and you go to attack the enemy, DO NOT JUST ASSUME THAT YOUR ACTIONS HAVE THE INTENDED EFFECT! I will be the judge of that. That means no 'Mah guy runs up to attack teh monster and chops off his head! Trololol' Ah, no. You can state that you aimed for the neck, with INTENTIONS of cutting off the head, but I will decide if you were successful.

2. Wait your turn!
-Outside of battle, this means giving everyone the chance to respond to everything they need to before you decide to change the subject. Be patient.
-During battle or field work, this means following the established order. Things get confusing if you decide to cut in front of someone. Battles and field work go in phases; you have the chance to make ONE action per phase. Each phase starts AND ends with a post by me. This will include results of the phase, statuses, and other important information.

3. Be informed to your character's capabilities!
-This is a no-tolerance rule. If you state that your character has done something that you cannot do, I will inflict the status 'confusion' onto your character, causing him/her to lose their turn. This includes, but is not limited to, using stamina-draining actions when your stamina is not sufficient, breaking rules 1 and/or 2, intentionally doing something that inhibits progress which has no positive effects, etc..

I will explain the movements, etc., when they are needed. We will start as a regular roleplay, so no stats will be used as of yet. You may post your profile after I post mine. Post while the title says 'Accepting Profiles.'

If you have any comments or suggestions to improve the quality of this roleplay, feel free to PM me. As I said, it was still in the 'working out the kinks' stage. Your thoughts are accepted and encouraged.

And most importantly, as it always is; have fun~ ;3  

SilentFox21993

SilentFox21993

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:35 pm
Gaia Screenname: SilentFox21993
Name: Eenu Mitashani
Species:
Dog (Yellow Labrador Retriever)
Appearance: Eenu is tall and skinny. All over his body is long yellow fur, fairly close to white. The only aspect of him that resemble a human is his body shape from the neck down.
Strengths: Though he prefers a heavy weapon, he is extremely adroit and quick. His reflexes are lightning fast, and he makes up for lack of strength with the uncanny ability to dodge and strike from a surprise angle.
Weaknesses: His strength is nothing to look twice at. He is cocky, which sometimes gets him into trouble, both on and off the battlefield. He is extremely weak to high-pitched noises.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:58 pm
((Good to go! You're free to post profiles~ =3))  

SilentFox21993

Gibistar

Anxious Genius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:20 pm
Gaia Screenname: Tesui
Name: Schwarz Gulski
Species: Cat~ Russian Blue
Appearance: Schwarz is slightly above average height, is slightly muscular, and has an exceptionally long tail. His fur is cobalt with overtones of grey.
Strengths: Schwarz has amazing sense, and his preference for ranged weaponry makes him that much more dangerous. His superb senses coupled with his calculating mind make him quite the ally and opponent.
Weaknesses: He is self centered and is willing to take unnecessary risk for his own amusement.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:11 pm
Gaia Screenname: Xx2Cute2BeEvilxX
Name:Vixen
Species: Tiger
Appearance: This is her
Strengths biggrin arkness (Great at hiding), speed and flexibility.
Weakness: None! just kidding xd The cold, water, adorableness (Who could hurt something cute?!) and guilt.  

ForteAmora

Fashionable Sex Symbol

6,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

keita09

4,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:39 pm
Username:keita09
Name:Conner
Species: rabit
Appearance:User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Strengths: can see 360 degrees. Has very sensitive hearing, speed and strong legs
Weaknesses: heat, cramped spaces, to many sounds at once(which is why he wears ear plugs when not on missions.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:07 pm
((I suppose I'll get this started up when I get off work in four hours. Sound good?))  

SilentFox21993

SilentFox21993

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:10 pm
The sun rose over the village of Ja'Lei, and Eenu Mitashani woke up to Roxie, a full dog Border Collie, jumping onto his bed and licking his face.
"Roxie!" said Eenu, laughing, "Quit it! You know you're not allowed on the bed!"
Roxie wagged furiously, gave him one last lick, and jumped off the bed. Eenu got up out of his bed, and walked into the living room. He expected to find his brother, sitting on the couch eating breakfast, or something of the like. He was due to return from a quest he had taken sometime late yesterday. But he was nowhere to be found. It wasn't uncommon for a quest to take a little longer than normal, though, so he wasn't concerned. Eenu got dressed in normal clothing so he could run out to get more supplies for around the house.
"C'mon, Roxie-girl. Let's go. We'll pick up some food for you, too." The Labrador Retriever and Border Collie made their way to the main part of the village, where they could do some shopping.

((Cue your characters' entries~))  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:37 pm
conner walked into the village pulling a cart with a dead buldrom attatched to it "i return victoriouse" he smiled as he gave the body to the butcher. he then noticed eenu and walked over "hey man hows it going. your brother back yet?" he asked taking off his bow and arrows.  

keita09

4,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100

FirionTheDragon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:44 pm
Gaia Screenname: Firionthedragon
Name: Sarik
Species: Eagle
Appearance:
User Image
Strengths: Speed, Close Combat, and Long Distance weapons (long bows)
Weaknesses: "heavy" creatures/units (golems and things), closed in spaces.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:00 pm
Gaia Screenname: xionkitsune

Name: silexnt

Species: artic fox
Appearance: User Image
Strengths: focused-isnt easily distracted from noises,silent can sneak behind enemies and assasinate them
Weaknesses: loud areas,bright lights,having to talk (he cant talk is mute) vixen (has a crush on her :3) being alone

Meister_Solstice

Generous Guildsman

6,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SilentFox21993

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:05 pm
Eenu saw Connor approaching him. He waved to his friend. "Hey, man! No, Axel isn't back yet. Golly, that's a nice Bulldrome ya caught there!"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:18 pm
Silexnt glanced around the area and shrugged. Then glanced over his shoulder to see Eenu and Connor and started to approach them both and looked at the Bulldrome and licked his chops. "......." He smiled and tapped Eenu on the shoulder with his tail and smiled friendly.  

Meister_Solstice

Generous Guildsman

6,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SilentFox21993

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:39 pm
Eenu turned around to see Silexnt, a huge grin on his face. He returned the smile, and gave the fox a hug.
"Hey man! You haven't seen Axel, have you?" he asked, knowing that the vulpine wouldn't vocalize a response.  
General RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff