Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:00 am
last year my fiance and i moved in together, since living alone the soon to be father in law started going to church and for a while he seemed to be doing great. he was less depressed and being social.

well now the church is taking over his life, he refuses to skip a day of church for anything, he almost missed a few family birthdays and didnt do to watch his grandkids dance recitle.

and he even said that since mine and his sons's wedding is on the same day his church meets he probably wont be able to go

im really worried about him. any advice?

and i just realized i posted this in the wrong spot, im sorry. could someone move it for me?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:40 am
I say that you should say hey look the church isn't what makes christianity really even though the bible says do not forsake the gathering of the saints, but it does need to be in a relationship with jesus otherwise you aren't christian (to my standards and how i've been taught recently). so tell him that and also tell him that family is just as important as church.  

devouri2

Friendly Hunter

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Full closet 200

Anonymous Mosh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:15 pm
Pray. You need to. God comes first in all things. But he does say to look after family.
It also depends on the type of church. Is it run by God? Or people? If the doctrine is sound, then give Him to God. There comes a time where a person has to completely lose themselves to Christ to get life together. For some of us, it's the only way to focus. On the other hand, there are those churches that will cater to false profits, and these you need to be aware of. Do you go to church with him? It would be a shame to hold back somebody that is so on fire for the Lord, but he shouldn't miss your wedding either. He may regret that.
It's good to hear that he's less depressed, though. The glory of God is the best thing that I can think of for proper healing.
Know that you are all in my prayers.
God bless,

Anon. Mosh  
ADVICE

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas