Welcome to Gaia! ::

Carl's Crew

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Carl's Crew. Where all followers/friends of Carl gather. Please join us in our campaign to have Carl rule the Gaia universe. 

Tags: Carl, Junk, Trunk, piehard, antlers 

Reply The Story of Carl
Interview??

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rattie Virginia

10,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:06 pm
Hey you guys, I'm interested in interviewing the staff about Carl's background. After all, there's even a staff member entered in the avi contest! I'm not sure they have anything in particular behind him that we don't already know, but I'd like to find out if there is. I've loved Carl since I first saw him, and I'm very curious. ...Especially now that I'm apparently married to the elk? User Image ...Or has the mass harem wedding ceremony / Rina deflowering not happened yet?

But I also know from a previous guild experience how learning Gaia's official version of things can really anger/frustrate NPC fans when it ends up running counter to the fun mythos people have made up in their heads. So would you guys rather I keep quiet or is everyone okay with me seeing if there's more to Carl's official story that the general population doesn't yet know? Do you think the answers could be incorporated into the story we create or is it just better not to know Gaia's version of him?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:18 am
I like the idea of knowing more. I know we had a mod pop into the thread that was supporting Carl.

We could always have 'The Myth of the Elk' versus "The Actual History of Carl". I don't think we would discontinue anyone's work.

Midoriwa
Vice Captain

Tipsy Carnivore

16,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Trick or Treat 100

Redphntm

Hardened Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:23 am
Carl is as mysterious as they get, so I don't think legends counter to the fact would hurt in the least. Let's do both; ask for the real story, and build up some lore around our hero.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:50 am
It'll be kinda like Chuck Norris legends.

Carl the Elk is like the Elk version of Chuck Norris  

ZOMG its Lobotomy
Captain

Hygienic Seeker

11,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

Smirking Menace
Crew

Greedy Hoarder

7,700 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pieversity 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:29 pm
I would love to know, too!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:41 pm
I agree! We should most definitely have both Legends and the truth c:  

burnt skittles!
Crew

Rattie Virginia

10,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:13 pm
Thanks for the support, you guys! User Image I've just run into one slight problem... My doubt that there might not be any existing facts that are untold about Carl proved to be completely true. User Image I was basically told by a staff member that there is nothing else we don't already know. xp So nevermind about me doing a Carl interview. Even if they took the time to answer one, it sounds like the staff would just be making up brand new stuff on the fly same as us. xp

User Image Oh well. It was a nice idea while it lasted. :/

Thanks for the support for my idea, though!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:10 pm
It was a good idea all the same!  

Midoriwa
Vice Captain

Tipsy Carnivore

16,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Trick or Treat 100
The Story of Carl

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff