Welcome to Gaia! ::

Carl's Crew

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Carl's Crew. Where all followers/friends of Carl gather. Please join us in our campaign to have Carl rule the Gaia universe. 

Tags: Carl, Junk, Trunk, piehard, antlers 

Reply Junk in the Trunk (Main Discussion Forum)
What was your first impression of Carl? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ZOMG its Lobotomy
Captain

Hygienic Seeker

11,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:17 pm
He first arrived in the Gaia universe in 2009 to run his little shop Junk in the Trunk.

Then he got a little more publicity (whether it be negative or positive) when he became captain of his own ship in the Frontier Skies event last summer.

So, when you first came across Carl, what did you think of him?

I personally thought, oh hey, an elk running a store. HOW AWESOME! xD  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:46 pm
I thought he was a lovely elk that I could pet and carry around on a random ship and I liked to feed him people but he ate me instead gonk
Although he usually brought me good luck blaugh  

Ninja Rabble
Vice Captain

7,650 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0

ZOMG its Lobotomy
Captain

Hygienic Seeker

11,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:49 pm
Ninja Rabble
I thought he was a lovely elk that I could pet and carry around on a random ship and I liked to feed him people but he ate me instead gonk
Although he usually brought me good luck blaugh

xD I remember that I had to have you do his ride through for me.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:17 am
I remember when I first saw his shop in the list. Junk in the Trunk? lol So, naturally, I had to go right in. I couldn't believe my eyes. He was just so...elky and malevolent *_*
I spoke to him once and fell in love heart  

Alarias
Vice Captain

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Midoriwa
Vice Captain

Tipsy Carnivore

16,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:47 am
Hmm....I can't remember that far back. I remember thinking it was odd that they were revamping the NPC's and the shops. That it was going to be difficult to find the items I most liked.

I am pretty sure I had a 'o______O??' moment when I saw Carl running the shop. Awesome and surprising.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:03 pm
Midoriwa
Hmm....I can't remember that far back. I remember thinking it was odd that they were revamping the NPC's and the shops. That it was going to be difficult to find the items I most liked.

I am pretty sure I had a 'o______O??' moment when I saw Carl running the shop. Awesome and surprising.

ROFL yeah... That's what I kinda thought too. It's like... Oh god Gaia... This is why I keep coming back for more. The people running are so silly and unprofessional/professional at the same time it just makes it awesome xD  

ZOMG its Lobotomy
Captain

Hygienic Seeker

11,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

Smirking Menace
Crew

Greedy Hoarder

7,700 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pieversity 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:10 pm
I appreciated his quietness... and his reactions are funny... from afar.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:26 pm
I joined in 2010, and was around for the Frontier Skies thing, and my first impression of Carl was when I was checking out his shop. I wasn't scared as I should have been, but intrigued. When Frontier Skies came around, I was too scared to have him as captain, though... But now I fully support and love him. heart  

Servant of the Knight

Fluffy Hunter

11,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

The Dragon

Cursed Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
An Annoucement? 2 new shops? *clicks on both*
An elk? Insane? I LOVE YOU CARL! Talk to me!!!

That's pretty much my reaction.

∞
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:21 am
Dragon of the Dark Flame
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
An Annoucement? 2 new shops? *clicks on both*
An elk? Insane? I LOVE YOU CARL! Talk to me!!!

That's pretty much my reaction.

∞
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Nice!

I do miss the old style of announcements though. I don't have a picture on this computer but it would be the little text bubble with a
eek !  

Midoriwa
Vice Captain

Tipsy Carnivore

16,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Trick or Treat 100

Rattie Virginia

10,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:25 pm
After a very long hiatus, I returned to Gaia at the end of 2009 and the Shops were one of the first places I visited. I think my thoughts flowed something like this:

"Huh. So they've added new shops"
*Clicked on link for Junk in the Trunk*
eek "What is a wild elk doing in this shop?!?"
"That's pretty cool! I wonder what his story is. I bet he has some sort of really cool story behind him!"
*Tried talking to Carl*
"He won't talk to me. He's like a real, wild elk - he's an animal who can't talk! I wonder what his story is!"
"Look at those eyes!!!"
"It looks like he's made quite a mess flinging that clothing everywhere and breaking the mirror"
"There doesn't seem to be any sort of explanation link for him. I wonder what sort of story explaining him I missed during my absence"
*Continued trying to talk to Carl*
"Oh! He seems dangerous and easy to anger... surprised Maybe I should just quietly leave and explore the rest of the new shops... I wonder how he ended up running a shop?"
*Finished visiting other shops and returned to Junk in the Trunk again to contemplate the strange existence of the rouge elk some more*
"There's got to be some sort of really awesome, silly story explaining this elk being here! I'm sure everyone on Gaia knows what it is and I just haven't heard it yet. I need to find out what I missed about this elk! I wonder what his story is!!!"

It went something like that. So, yeah, I was amused by his existence and extremely intrigued by him from the moment I first saw him. ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:46 pm
Rattie Virginia
After a very long hiatus, I returned to Gaia at the end of 2009 and the Shops were one of the first places I visited. I think my thoughts flowed something like this:

"Huh. So they've added new shops"
*Clicked on link for Junk in the Trunk*
eek "What is a wild elk doing in this shop?!?"
"That's pretty cool! I wonder what his story is. I bet he has some sort of really cool story behind him!"
*Tried talking to Carl*
"He won't talk to me. He's like a real, wild elk - he's an animal who can't talk! I wonder what his story is!"
"Look at those eyes!!!"
"It looks like he's made quite a mess flinging that clothing everywhere and breaking the mirror"
"There doesn't seem to be any sort of explanation link for him. I wonder what sort of story explaining him I missed during my absence"
*Continued trying to talk to Carl*
"Oh! He seems dangerous and easy to anger... surprised Maybe I should just quietly leave and explore the rest of the new shops... I wonder how he ended up running a shop?"
*Finished visiting other shops and returned to Junk in the Trunk again to contemplate the strange existence of the rouge elk some more*
"There's got to be some sort of really awesome, silly story explaining this elk being here! I'm sure everyone on Gaia knows what it is and I just haven't heard it yet. I need to find out what I missed about this elk! I wonder what his story is!!!"

So, yeah, I was amused by his existence and extremely intrigued by him from the moment I first saw him. ^_^

That's why we have the history of Carl forum xD  

ZOMG its Lobotomy
Captain

Hygienic Seeker

11,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

iTentacle Raep

Dangerous Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:19 am
Initially I was creeped out by his eyes. ]:

But then I got over that, and he was then one of my favorite shopkeeper NPCs.

Then it was only a matter of how an elk could even run a store for me. XD

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:45 am
First Time I saw Carl, Well, I first saw him in his shop just doing what ever Carl does, and I just moved on. Then during the summer event I saw his elky figure in the sun and I thought it was a divine being, I was right. c:  

-xDatRed-x

Dapper Gekko

Solokey

Dangerous Explorer

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:00 am
When i first seen Carl i was like " . . . finally more animals that can possibly eat me" ah i love that elk  
Junk in the Trunk (Main Discussion Forum)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games