So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
Fighting games general

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ultimate question...which is your favourite?
  Hadouken!
  Crack Shoot!
  Web Ball!
  Kinetic Card!
  Solar Cannon!
  Sonic Boom!
  Max Out!
  Kokien!
  Sheild Slash!
View Results
CYBERPUNK PANDA rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:44 pm
Well let's jump right into the thick of it.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, 12 new characters, tweaks and edits for everyone else.
http://www.omgn.com/news/2011/07/21/strider-ghost-rider-among-new-fighters-in-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3

Street FighterXTekken, it's roster is very promising.
http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/221287/comic-con-final-fights-poison-joins-the-street-fighter-x-tekken-roster/

Freddy Kruger as a character in Mortal Kombat 9 Available in August.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaSBkBDcepM

Skull Girls is around the corner.
http://www.skullgirls.com/home

It's a great time to get back into the fighting game genre. Get in on it before capcom sinks the ship with over milking StreetFighter 4 and MVC3 <3

Discuss fellow cult members, what fighting games do you play? Which are you interested in obtaining? Any fighting games make you upset with the devs?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:55 pm
Fighting games have really made a comeback. I'm pretty impressed, because they're all pretty much all 2D styled, too, which seems ludicrous for HD consoles, always trying to push as many envelopes as they can. As long as more non FPS games get made, I'm a happy man, even if they're not for consoles I own.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:02 pm
Meta_Fish
Fighting games have really made a comeback. I'm pretty impressed, because they're all pretty much all 2D styled, too, which seems ludicrous for HD consoles, always trying to push as many envelopes as they can. As long as more non FPS games get made, I'm a happy man, even if they're not for consoles I own.
Anything's better than FPS games at this point. Choking out the market and junk.

I think they're coming back because of how games are starting to become 90% online now, so they figure that this would be a good way to cash in on the market?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:40 am
Meta_Fish

In a sense FPS, was what platformers and fighting games where a decade ago. I do agree that there has been a big influx of fps everywhere.

I hope Mortal Kombat does more horror character DLC.

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Rojo Espada

Romantic Grabber

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:43 am
User ImageUser Image
This summer peach...

This. Needs to be finally finished.
Watch

...will tear you asunder.
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:46 pm
always beena MK fan, and the new one goes back to its roots hard. where shao khan get easier each time he kicks your a** till its to the point he'll just taunt you till he dies.  

Xilo The Odd

Rad Electropow

Invisible Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:47 pm
I might buy a 360 just for SC5.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:46 pm
I've been a fan of Soul Calibur and Super Smash Bros. for a long time, but I've recently gotten into the Street Fighter and King of Fighters series. I also just got DOA 4.

And this reminds me that I still need to get MvC3 and Mortal Kombat.  

Sir Codin

Tae-Kwon-Doh-Boy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:22 am
I've mostly preferred the simple fighting games like SF and Smash Bros, and more robust ones like Tekken Tag and 6.

Besides all this though, I'm sad that so little has been done for Nintendo in matters of the Capcom vs. series.

(never played Tatsunoko vs. Capcom because of anticipation over MVC3 :/ )  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:23 pm
Rojo Espada
User ImageUser Image
This summer peach...

This. Needs to be finally finished.
Watch

...will tear you asunder.
User Image

This

StormDawn

3,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:32 am
I just got BlazBlue: Continuum Shift for the 360.

So far I'm having fun with it. It's a 2D fighting game, anime-style, got some nice sprites, music is cool, and the game is challenging. The final bosses are like hell on Earth. So far I'm loving the game.  
Social Room

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games