Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:28 am
For the record, I know; stop making so many threads. XD

Anyway, so I've been bored the past few hours, browsing the GCD and AC in hopes of finding some examples of guys putting the new crossdressing feature to good use. As a result, I've also come across numerous advertisements for various art contests; ten million in prizes! four million in prizes! 500k in prizes!

While looking through some of these contests, I'm also reminded of the one Bo was going to host before he got banninated and can't help think that it was such a shame. Then, like always, it hit me.

Wouldn't it be awesome if the guild hosted it's own art contest? We could so totally use it to whore out P:N once it opened! : D

But seriously. I think a guild-hosted art contest would be nifty. We all could band together to build up the prize pool (afterall, from just a handful of people, we got Bo 30k and a plythora of items in a mere four hours) and then once we were satisfied with it, we could get oodles of free, quality artwork!

Now, the ones who'd the entrants draw would be another matter. Probably just the mods and beloved regulars, since they're the ones who really represent the PD. And then going deeper, of the mods and regulars that can be drawn, the entrants could choose between the said mod/regular's avatar, or RP character. *Wants free Alexa-sama art.*

So~
    + PD art contest? Cool or insane?
    + If we did it, would you donate to the prize pool, even if you might not be one of the subjects to draw?
    + Would you enter, even though you probably wouldn't win a prize 'cause you're part of the guild to begin with?
    + Have you ever hosted an art contest?
    + What about participate in one? Did you place?
    + Freebie arts and how we all want 'em.
    + Has Alexa made too made threads lately?

Just think! If we did this, we might finally get some decent art of Neth's boobs to make that "I've got the biggest Balls of them all" banner....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:03 pm
yes, both
depending on when the contest is held
no
no
not just an art contest, it's not over yet
if it's free does it really matter?
no  

DJ Trouble

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:17 pm
DJ Trouble
depending on when the contest is held

Not until after P:N is open. That way, the contest can really be just a shameless plug.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:08 pm
--Sounds like a plan to me.

+ If we did it, would you donate to the prize pool, even if you might not be one of the subjects to draw?
--Sure. I still have a March 05 letter and a May 05, those might get us something.

+ Would you enter, even though you probably wouldn't win a prize 'cause you're part of the guild to begin with?
--Any excuse to show off my skills, babies.

--Can't say I have

--Nope.

--Why aren't people frequently drawing me? Ignore all the sig art. =O

--Of course not.  

Nethilia
Captain

Liberal Member

3,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:30 pm
Nethilia
--Sounds like a plan to me.

Sweet! Champion approval! We can begin planning and hitting up members for gold and items like mafia bookies. : D  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:04 pm
Philosophy In A Teacup
DJ Trouble
*tagged*

*bombed*

If it's gonna be after April I can definitely donate. If it's before April I can't donate. If it's gonna be during April I might be able to donate depending on how much bait I'm able to buy in March. I want to go for a fishing trophy in April, and I'm gonna need at least 300K to get it, but whatever I can spare I will.  

DJ Trouble

Taiyoukai_Okibi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:19 pm
---Cool!
---I probably won't be able to donate to the prize pool if I wish to get my scarf somewhere in the next century sweatdrop (has had a hard time gaining gold lately)
---I'd enter! Anything to take my focus away from projects! (eyes project in the corner not even half done yet but due two days ago)
---Nope, not enough time nor gold.
---I suck at drawing. biggrin
---Who doesn't like freebies?
---No such thing! O-O  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:50 am
+ Um... COOL!

+ Erm... I did... But I don't have any gold. (Horribly bad at excuses. But then I am really poor to began with since I always have stuff i want to buy)

+ Nope.

+ Yep... But I lost. And it was then.

+ I like em, but I never get em.

+ The more the merrier I guess.  

SilvernKnight

3,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Mori no ouji

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:51 am
I think an Art contest would be rather cool, I recently just completely revamped my drawing style so it would be a good way to get creative critisizim.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:32 am
Sounds like a great idea to me!
Sure, I don't have much, but I'd be able to give up a bit.
Of course! I love to draw, and it sounds like great fun anyway!
Nope, never.
I haven't been in one either, but I've thought about it.
Maybe I'll draw something for the winner, because everyone loves freebies.
Not that I've noticed. :'D  

Jaxaelin

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:16 am
DJ__Oh, it won't happen before the summer, I can asure you. I don't wanna have the contest before P:N opens, and the date for that has been pushed back yet again to May twenty-third (cookies if you can tell me why I picked that date).

Okibi__Well, you'd be one of the drawing subjects, so I don't think you'd be able to enter. XD But that's alright if you can't donate. I understand. :3

Everyone Else Saying They Couldn't Donate__This isn't going to be happening for a few months, so if you do want to donate, but find that you don't jave enough gold right now, you can save up. Or collect items for us. Any items that we could sell for more gold or put up as prizes work.

But I guess I should eventually make a mule to hold all the gold and items and whatnot...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:03 pm
Philosophy In A Teacup
DJ Trouble
*tagged*

Not until after P:N is open. That way, the contest can really be just a shameless plug.

[late reaction]Do we have no shame?[/late reaction]

I'll make a completely uneducated, informed guess and say because school gets out and you'll have no excuses and no "real" distractions.

Oh wow! Around June? Craziness! Okay, I should have some spare gold laying around by then.  

DJ Trouble

Nethilia
Captain

Liberal Member

3,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:36 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]

But I guess I should eventually make a mule to hold all the gold and items and whatnot...

*points to SB*  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:40 pm
@ Alexa- Aw man...
..... I'm gonna enter anyways *rassberries* blaugh  

Taiyoukai_Okibi

Cocoon Master

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:01 am
HYPERCOOL.
If I'm done questing(damn inflation!), then most likely.
Yeah X{D;; It's things like these that make me get off my lazy butt and DRAW.
Nope.
Yeah. I'm in one right now that I have absolutely NO hope of winning in my wildest dreams, and I was in a couple others that I both lost miserably.
Arts make the world go 'round. :{P
Naww. It's just that everyone else hasn't made enough. X{P;; */dorkasaurus*  
The Archives: Lo, for the Days of Pokémon Past

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces