Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
Fur-cons? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chance Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:02 pm
Hello i was wondering if any of you go to Fur-cons such as Anthro-cons.

If a topic exists please let me know.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:14 pm
Ive never been to one, and im not really sure I want to to be honest XP
Something about those places doesn't settle well in me.  

Hogosha neko

Chance Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:23 pm
Well some are for fursuiters and some aren't. I know that some have yiffing involved as well, i tend to stay away from those ones.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:06 pm
I dont mean to sound like a complete dunce, but what is yiffing?  

The Lost Smile

The Final Kira

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:21 pm
Clean version. Rubbing of genitals.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:38 pm
The Final Kira
Clean version. Rubbing of genitals.

Exactly as The Final Kira says. I won't say the nasty way of it even if i was paid gold. (not joking though, won't say it even if i was bribed.)  

Chance Wolf

XxLostOverARainbowxxX

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:38 am
Never been to a con, I sure wish to go to one like Anthrocon, I know there is one in Texas Furfest I think its called.

I hear a lot about cons, and I like to look up stuff online smile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:17 pm
XxLostOverARainbowxxX
Never been to a con, I sure wish to go to one like Anthrocon, I know there is one in Texas Furfest I think its called.

I hear a lot about cons, and I like to look up stuff online smile

They are good if you also know the place they were held at too. I usually go to the one near Wisconsin or Chicago.  

Chance Wolf

guilmon__XD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:51 pm
i really would like to go to anthro-con but until i turn 18 i cannot my parents dont approve  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:04 pm
guilmon__XD
i really would like to go to anthro-con but until i turn 18 i cannot my parents dont approve

I don't approve of your parents :T  

XxLostOverARainbowxxX

Dryskale

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:51 pm
The 2 Conventions I've been to are Indyfurcon and Anime Central Chicago. Indyfurcon is being held once again this week end. So I plan on attending at least Friday and Saturday.

Cons are fun as long as you know what you are doing and such. At Acen I always had something to do and I went with friends so I had someone to share the experiance.

When I went to IFC the first time, I didn't have much money or anyone to share it with really. I had never been to any type of con, so it was a huge learning experiance.

It was still fun though and I can't wait to go back this week end.

Like I said, its mostly what you go for.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:20 pm
Chance Wolf
Well some are for fursuiters and some aren't. I know that some have yiffing involved as well, i tend to stay away from those ones.

I think it has more to do with my social awkwardness. I dont do as well meeting new people, and furries tend to be very outgoing and huggy lovey.
And i hate people touching me XP  

Hogosha neko

Dryskale

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:21 pm
Hogosha neko
Chance Wolf

I think it has more to do with my social awkwardness. I dont do as well meeting new people, and furries tend to be very outgoing and huggy lovey.
And i hate people touching me XP
I'm kind of the same way. I'm very to my self, but for the most part people will leave you alone if you don't want touched. You will ocationaly get someone who dosen't understand boundries, but the security staff is right there if they can't take a hint.

My best suggestion is to just find someone else who looks awkward and go be by them. That is how I made a friend my first year, and eventually gave me the confidence to have more fun. :3

Oh, if a con you are interested in has "Whose Lion is it Anyway?". Go to that panal. You will not be disappointed and I guarantee that if you can manage to go up and do at least one scit, all your nerves will go away and you will have so much fun. I'm not kidding. I fumble in large groups with words, but at that panal I felt like a showman. :3  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:38 am
Ohh i have been to the Anime Convention at the Rosemont, Stevensons Convention Center before as well. I went there two years ago though.  

Chance Wolf

Dryskale

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:14 pm
Chance Wolf
Ohh i have been to the Anime Convention at the Rosemont, Stevensons Convention Center before as well. I went there two years ago though.
If you decide to go next year, hit me up with a PM and I'll be sure to include you in my mini group. We had so much fun this year it wasn't funny. XD  
HighTail Cafe

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff